ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I find odd... wasn't it said the paperwork had to be in 2 days prior to the hearing? ... and it hasn't been done yet?

yes that was in one of the news reports too. And my brother just said he can't understand why they would need $30,000 by tomorrow when the court isn't even until tomorrow. He said until it goes to the court tomorrow they wouldn't even know until then what's happening let alone how much bail money they need (if any)

Wonder if they have had many replies?

There is sure to be a few;
Guy in the white van with gardening gloves;
The person still thinking she was a DUI hit and run; and
The circle of enhanced marriages!!

Should be around $7.46

All IMOO MOO

On the flip side, they could either honestly believe his innocence or be being seen to stand by him? I. tstill reeks of poor form

I know, I thought I was hearing things!!! Geez!!!! Just your average Joe wouldn't get anywhere asking for that kind of help.

Do you think that is why the Premier 'unfriended' GBC on Facebook recently?

My ex-husband used to have a beard on and off and because it takes a while to become a fully grown beard, our child had no problem with it, she in fact found it funny.

Let's hope that was the case here, too. Nice to think the girls could have had something to laugh about during those difficult days.

holy CRAP that's tasteless......the big kahuna must be feeling more like 'little man on campus' at this point[/
You are so right Minni this is tasteless. Where is their public anguish from them over Allison's murder or support for the children's trust fund. But funding $30,000 for bail is an ok reason to seek public support. Gee whizz they must be really scraping the barrel if they cannot even raise that on a mortgage??!! I hope the court will consider possible interference with witnesses or alibi supporters as a good reason to refuse the application.
ALL IMOO MOO

Exactly Rational, the shame of them, all of a sudden they can make pleas to the public? They are guilty of being sucky people at the very least

I wouldn't have thought $30,000 would get his big toe out the door. Surely that's not the FULL amount required ??? IMO:what:

I was just reading through some public judgements of the supreme court regarding bail. And the case I was reading as this news hit was about someone who had previous for drug dealing and was before court for an alleged armed robbery. His wife submitted a $30,000 surety. The judge found that his risk of re offending was minimal as he had bail before and always showed up. Part of the bail application was that the $30,000 surety was there at the time of the bail application.

ALL IMOO MOO

Thanks for posting these. I couldnt work out how to do it .
When I copied these and enlarged them I believed I could see scratches quite clearly, and not the narrow superficial ones you get from pruning roses either. More like a gouge???? (how awful)

Yes, that was what I believed that I could see also.

If you go to the Additional Options and then the Manage Attachments box, then browse (in your computer) and upload your photo (click on 'upload), or whatever it is you want to upload and that should work for you. Hope that helps.

I wouldn't have thought $30,000 would get his big toe out the door. Surely that's not the FULL amount required ??? IMO:what:

I guess it depends on the case. For instance my brother offered $1000 for bail but the court only asked for $700.00. I'm guessing they have probably made an offer too but could be wrong

Mothergoose
The amount is it necessarily the issue it has to be at the limit of capacity to pay. So for a millionaire family will be different to someone on transfer centrelink payments.

If they are having trouble raising bail how are they going to pay for his legal team?
Its a long road ahead. Im just blown away..

There is sure to be a few;
Guy in the white van with gardening gloves;
The person still thinking she was a DUI hit and run; and
The circle of enhanced marriages!!

Should be around $7.46

All IMOO MOO

That's hilarious Rational!!!!!....but...one of the worst things about this is seeing it's been plastered on 10news they'll probably get every crazy nutter wanting to send them their pocket money

The judge will see the evidence tomorrow so will the prosecution - I am a law dunce but these barristers are very cluey on the way things work so you can be sure there is some stupid rule somewhere that gives them leeway to do this. They don't take risks. -it probably goes along the lines of don't worry if the prosecution doesn't get the bail paperwork 2 clear days before the hearing if your client is represented by a QC etc. The judge and the prosecuting guy can catch up in court. These rules generally favour the defendent in my opinion of course.

Also - Mahony must be doing this case pro bono - A QC costs BIG BIG BUCKS so if BC are asking for $30k for Bail from the public you can bet your bottom dollar that Mahony is bank rolling the QC. There has been no mention of a QC at this stage tho - I don't think. But tomorrow will be interesting.

I wonder how OW is going to support her parents and GBC with her family in Townsville. I wonder if she will make a temp move to Bris.

Yes I'd have thought it would be a lot more.
I find it bizarre that among them all they can't come up with $30,000.
Quite sad really if the senior BC's at their stage in life have so little left.
Perhaps they really need the money to keep paying his expensive lawyer.
Doesn't a good QC (or whatever you call them in Aus cost $1000-$2,000 an hour.

That's hilarious Rational!!!!!....but...one of the worst things about this is seeing it's been plastered on 10news they'll probably get every crazy nutter wanting to send them their pocket money

yes it will be like the overly religious...sending their every pension check to some crazy evangelist!! Dear God!!! LITERALLY!!

Yes I'd have thought it would be a lot more.
I find it bizarre that among them all they can't come up with $30,000.
Quite sad really if the senior BC's at their stage in life have so little left.
Perhaps they really need the money to keep paying his expensive lawyer.
Doesn't a good QC (or whatever you call them in Aus cost $1000-$2,000 an hour.

that is sad Kiwi, but I think back to their excessive 'joint ventures' new businesses, trusts, and general shuffling of money and attempts to succeed in business deals or possibly scams and it doesn't really surprise me (11 businesses, trusts and joint ventures I found in their names on ASIC)
it kind of makes you wonder about the lengths these people go to to actually pull in a bit of money.....maybe even murder???? Just a haphazard thought...not even a specific MOO

Judging by amount that Lloyd Rainey has needed for his bail, (cash surety of $100000 and further surety of $100000 (see link to article below) then $30000 would not be enough for GBC to be bailed out, it seems to me.

But maybe the BC's have managed to raise more money from other sources.

Very interesting proceedings, indeed.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...ayney-was-bailed/story-e6frg143-1225983133034

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo