ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that in life, there are many, many humourous - and absurd - things to find enjoyment in.

However, I believe there are some things in life that a reasonable person will not find humour in, because they understand the more pressing implications behind it.

We have to agree to disagree. 'always look on the bright side of life .. Doo do do doodooo.'

I believe that in life, there are many, many humourous - and absurd - things to find enjoyment in.

However, I believe there are some things in life that a reasonable person will not find humour in, because they understand the more pressing implications behind it.

I think at some times you have to laugh to take the stress out of the situation.

I think most posters have just been having a little bit of fun this afternoon, nothing malicious or distasteful, just a bit of friendly banter, while we wait for a decision on a very tragic case.

The voice of reason, common sense and intelligence as always.

just thinking the court does NOT HAVE to close at 4pm if the judge decides he is not going to be frustrated from this bizarre hoax, he might say We dont want this crap again, it is only supposed to be 40 minutes so I will here it. just a thought

well thank you.. But I do think I am a reasonable person :) (and don't really appreciate the suggestion I am not as I am sure you do not know me). (And I do understand the implications as I said.. If this stupid person has done it as a threat gainst BC, I don't think its helped anyones cause either)...

:banghead:
I cannot comprehend the tone of some posts in relation to the evacuation of the Supreme Court. In my opinion, these posts indicate not just a lack of understanding of the pivotal role the justice system plays in democracy, and in helping ensure and protect the rights of its citizens, but a complete derision and denial of it.

This is absolutely disgraceful and indicates that certain sections within the community operate with a mob mentality that, if cultivated, is extremely dangerous to the proper functioning of a democratic nation.

Also, imagine the impact of this on all the people involved in other cases currently underway in the Supreme Court building. Unbelievable.

Sorry WI, but I think you are underestimating the intelligence and sensitivity of the bunch on this website. Wit and intellect do definitely go hand in hand and rarely do you have one without the other. As far as I can tell the people here are all of the above plus kind, caring empathetic and generally rather critical thinkers. If this is the reaction to the events today, I don't take it that it is a sign of mob mentality (which by the way I do agree exists and can be dangerous), but rather well balanced individuals venting their frustration with a humorous bent.

I would agree with you...except, if the hearing was this morning, wouldn't they have called earlier?

It depends if it was actually finished, sometimes they go all day, there are other cases being heard today as well.

just thinking the court does NOT HAVE to close at 4pm if the judge decides he is not going to be frustrated from this bizarre hoax, he might say We dont want this crap again, it is only supposed to be 40 minutes so I will here it. just a thought

I hope that is the case squizzey but I can't see it happening. Overtime and all that.

Assuming both the Prosecution and Defence teams have no other cases to attend today....I'd assume not every other case on the books can be pushed aside at a moments notice?

WI
Maybe your definition of reasonable and mine are different. And pls don't try and make me feel inferior because I don't subscribe to your version that is against the TOs

I think some people just don't understand Aussies at all...we're renowned for taking the piddle out of anything & everything...lol.

:banghead:

Sorry WI, but I think you are underestimating the intelligence and sensitivity of the bunch on this website. Wit and intellect do definitely go hand in hand and rarely do you have one without the other. As far as I can tell the people here are all of the above plus kind, caring empathetic and generally rather critical thinkers. If this is the reaction to the events today, I don't take it that it is a sign of mob mentality (which by the way I do agree exists and can be dangerous), but rather well balanced individuals venting their frustration with a humorous bent.

Agree and would rather people see the funny side than get angry. Anger causes more problems than humour. IMO

Queensland has been robbed recently, Mr Newman says no overtime.:maddening:

WI you are an honorable/man woman.So true. Beautifully said. :scale:

Twitter - Rae Wilson: Chief Justice says if this is a bomb hoax then it is disgusting people have disrupted the State's highest Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966