ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:what:Oh god, I'm having conniptions, I can't get to a computer:what:

I believe that in life, there are many, many humourous - and absurd - things to find enjoyment in.

However, I believe there are some things in life that a reasonable person will not find humour in, because they understand the more pressing implications behind it.

Also, it should be noted that this is not a harmless prank - and could have criminal implications.

Cheers

I never said it was a harmless prank. And again I will state I am a reasonable person and do not appreciate the assumption I am not. I think we are all agreed on the stupidity (and yes any criminal implications) of someone doing this none of us were condoning it at all.

I think at some times you have to laugh to take the stress out of the situation.

I think most posters have just been having a little bit of fun this afternoon, nothing malicious or distasteful, just a bit of friendly banter, while we wait for a decision on a very tragic case.

In my opinion, there is no reason for anyone not involved in the cases in today's Supreme Court sessions to be "stressed". Admittedly, I may be missing the vicarious link.

Cheers

Suited in my full suit of armor I ask------What IS the bright side of this previously described absolute tragedy ? Wait till I my shield before you answer.
IF you answer.:truce:

No need for a shield. Happy to answer. The bright side is that Allison's terrible and unfortunate murder (according to the QPS as they have charged her husband with unlawful homicide and interfering with a corpse,so he is the alleged murderer) has made many women come forward and identify their own trauma's but also a feeling that IMO was part of her 'raison d'être ' ie make the most of everything, see joy and fun in everything, be irreverent, be crazy, be happy, and most if all 'Just Be!!!'.

I've never laughed at Allison's senseless murder or the effects on all those involved

so I find this question (if in fact it is one) more than a little provocative

In the least it was a twisting of people words. Finding an aspect humorous, doesnt mean someone feels the ACT of why we are here, humorous. Not one iota.

June 21, 2012 3:42PM

"It's absolutely disgraceful, if this is a hoax, that the proceedings of the state's highest court can be disrupted in this dreadful way," Justice de Jersey said.

"So much disruption, not only to proceedings but to the general public as well and we can only hope that this is resolved quickly."

When asked about the nature of the threat, Justice de Jersey said: "That's all I can say, I'm sorry."

Justice de Jersey said the courts could never give in to such threats.

The chief justice and Judge Administrator John Byrne spoke with security staff before fronting the media on the footpath outside the courts.

Sniffer dogs are on their way to make a sweep of the building.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...es-supreme-court/story-e6freon6-1226404357254

I cannot comprehend the tone of some posts in relation to the evacuation of the Supreme Court. In my opinion, these posts indicate not just a lack of understanding of the pivotal role the justice system plays in democracy, and in helping ensure and protect the rights of its citizens, but a complete derision and denial of it.

This is absolutely disgraceful and indicates that certain sections within the community operate with a mob mentality that, if cultivated, is extremely dangerous to the proper functioning of a democratic nation.

Also, imagine the impact of this on all the people involved in other cases currently underway in the Supreme Court building. Unbelievable.

I agree...Barristers are paid by the day regardless of how long they are there for.... If court does not continue today dates will have to be shuffled around and barristers paid for another day.

Organising Court times and dates is a very strategic process and who ever has done this has no consideration or has put in any thought about the repercussions it has on every other case proceedings there today!

STUPID!

Options for motive behind bomb threat:

1. Total nutter with no other purpose in mind other than to cause trouble - no actual bomb

2. Real bomb threat by persons unknown

3. Stunt by someone favouring GBC to try to show that he can't receive a fair trial - no bomb just an attempt to influence ultimately getting him off

4. Stunt by someone believing in GBC's guilt, to try to show that to release him on bail would be a danger to him and the public - no bomb just an attempt to ensure he stays in jail

5. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little of the facts of the case - wanting to prevent any chances of the prosecution case being ruined by accusations of trial by media and social media

6. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little additional facts of the case - someone involved who doesn't want the public to know how bad it was and what actually happened, which could be worse than we imagined

What do you think?

1. Total nutter

The voice of reason, common sense and intelligence as always.

Thank you, mum73. I would have thanked your post, but decided that it may have appeared I was agreeing with it, rather than thanking you for it! I have enough of an image problem as it is without adding to it!

*chuckle*

Options for motive behind bomb threat:

1. Total nutter with no other purpose in mind other than to cause trouble - no actual bomb

2. Real bomb threat by persons unknown

3. Stunt by someone favouring GBC to try to show that he can't receive a fair trial - no bomb just an attempt to influence ultimately getting him off

4. Stunt by someone believing in GBC's guilt, to try to show that to release him on bail would be a danger to him and the public - no bomb just an attempt to ensure he stays in jail

5. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little of the facts of the case - wanting to prevent any chances of the prosecution case being ruined by accusations of trial by media and social media

6. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little additional facts of the case - someone involved who doesn't want the public to know how bad it was and what actually happened, which could be worse than we imagined

What do you think?
Or maybe somehow not at all related to the GBCbail hearing but the Sica case or the bikie hearing. Who knows !!?!

I agree...Barristers are paid by the day regardless of how long they are there for.... If court does not continue today dates will have to be shuffled around and barristers paid for another day.

Organising Court times and dates is a very strategic process and who ever has done this has no consideration or has put in any thought about the repercussions it has on every other case proceedings there today!

STUPID!

Agree. I would be looking at leather jackets on Harley Davidsons!

Suited in my full suit of armor I ask------What IS the bright side of this previously described absolute tragedy ? Wait till I lift my shield before you answer.IF you answer It's a heavy son of a -----h :truce:.

If you are referring to the tragedy surrounding Allison's death - that is, she was murdered and dumped like rubbish...

No one has found humour, or looked on the 'bright side' - quite the opposite!

The majority have admitted to shedding many tears over this tragedy.

If you really thought there was a bomb scare would you not get the hell away from that building??? I know I would.

Perhaps OW Doesn't believe there is a bomb, like she doesn't believe GBC is guilty, like the BC clan didn't believe allison going missing was anything to get too worried about et al .............JMOO

I've never laughed at Allison's senseless murder or the effects on all those involved

so I find this question (if in fact it is one) more than a little provocative

It wasn't meant to be. I was simply saying that in such a tragedy I don't see a bright side today and haven't ever in this case:banghead:. And I am one of the most happy go lucky people you could meet. I wasn't suggesting you have laughed at anyone .Was curious about your comment. I love that song and sing it a lot when I am having a perfect day.
No offence intended.

Stressed ?

What perturbs me is that convicted murderers are permitted by the *advertiser censored* posing as 'Law' to sally forth after eight, ten years. Does that concern you also --- that the *advertiser censored* posing as 'Law' regards incarceration for 8 to 10 years as adequate exchange for the theft, by the convicted murderer, of another's entire life (not to mention the destruction of the lives of those associated with both the victim and the killer) ?

The voice of reason, common sense and intelligence as always.

Well said, Laserdisc...

I think the above post applies to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members