ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mani Loooka moi looka moi Mani Looka mooooiii ....No wuckin furries luv. :floorlaugh:

Geezzzzz Mothergoose , can I have some of that too ? :waiting::waiting::waiting::drink:
Is it goose juice ? :floorlaugh:

It could be that I have an unrealistic expectation of where we are at as a society these days. In some places in the world that I've been there is almost no law and order and what law they have seems almost barabric to me. Stoning women to death, genital mutilation of young girls and assasination of lawyers, judges and government officers seems to be accepted in some places. I've seen people laughing while they watch victims of mob violence bleed to death. And worse. I condemn that stuff from a position of thinking wecin this country are better, and when some idiot threatens violence at a court it feels like I am being hypocritical. It just seems to me that what this fool did today (assuming it was a considered act and not the result of a mental health issue) strikes right at the heart of our society and our decision to settle disputes nonviolently. We can't let our fundamental institutions be abused like that or we are no better than those other places I was referring to. End of rant.

I think it was done to undermine one of the other cases, possibly the bikies IMO

BBM We are actually agreeing on this point. I feel she did do something that is "not in the best interests" of GBCs' situation (or hers for that matter); and I also agree that she may very well be "mentally unstable" (or suffering PTSD).

Without any indication from QPS that she is involved in Allisons' murder, I feel she is being the older sister who is doing all she can to hold her family together. Her methods are questionable and possibly those of someone not in their right mind, but I find it very difficult to vilify her (or the BC seniors) because of it.

My opinion would be the same regardless of who was involved

'Vilify' is a strong word. What I've read here are people's opinions re: the refusal of someone in our court of law defying instructions to exit the court and building as result of a threat against the court

If a solicitor had stated: ' I'm not going anywhere' or even if a judge had said it, my opinion would remain unchanged. It would be my opinion, stated in the same words as you've quoted above. It would indicate the individual was an hysteric/of unsound mind/of overly-dramatic, defiant, willful disposition and I would agree with their being charged with contempt of court, regardless, as I've said, of who was involved

Wouldn't mean I was 'vilifying' that individual. Would mean I was expressing disgust with their behaviours/actions under the circumstances

MG - always a delight to draw out people's best side.

I mean describing me as Carmel or Lynn :what:.I am sort of flattered in a very warped sort of way as I love those characters. I'll accept the Magda character.Style and grace to the core. Yeah that's me.:rocker: In moi opinion of course

So it looks like no Websleuths were at the court today as nobody has filled us in on what the defence counsel was refuting of the police's claims. Has anybody heard?

BTW I'm lying in bed at Maui, listening to the sound of the rolling surf.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the accused or any of his family will be at the cricket day on Sunday? I'm thinking they'd be too stressed even if he makes bail.

What a frustrating day for all concerned.

Locals at Brookfield say that TM in fact was NOT having an affair with GBC and that she in fact discovered him in a, erm compromising position with a MAN at a Century 21 conference.

TM proceeded to then advise ABC, apparently a huge row errupted, culminating in scratches to GBC's face and torso from ABC.

The body apparently had severed hands.

No guessing as to why.

Also police know identity of boyfriend/lover but cannot find his car.

That is about as much information as locals have leaked to the Brookfield people...

BBM

This rumour seems to keep re-surfacing. What worries me about the possibility that this is true is the wording of the charge sheet, according to the media.

Yes, interfering with a corpse can mean disposing of the body at KC but...why doesn't it state 'interfering with a corpse at Brookfield'? As soon as you touch a deceased person (other than checking for signs of life) you have interfered with a corpse. If she died at their Brookfield home wouldn't that be where the corpse was first interfered with?

Locals at Brookfield say that TM in fact was NOT having an affair with GBC and that she in fact discovered him in a, erm compromising position with a MAN at a Century 21 conference.

TM proceeded to then advise ABC, apparently a huge row errupted, culminating in scratches to GBC's face and torso from ABC.

No guessing as to why.

That is about as much information as locals have leaked to the Brookfield people...

Thanks, sounds like the case is pretty much solved then.

Why do you think they would remove hands?

It could be that I have an unrealistic expectation of where we are at as a society these days. In some places in the world that I've been there is almost no law and order and what law they have seems almost barabric to me. Stoning women to death, genital mutilation of young girls and assasination of lawyers, judges and government officers seems to be accepted in some places. I've seen people laughing while they watch victims of mob violence bleed to death. And worse. I condemn that stuff from a position of thinking wecin this country are better, and when some idiot threatens violence at a court it feels like I am being hypocritical. It just seems to me that what this fool did today (assuming it was a considered act and not the result of a mental health issue) strikes right at the heart of our society and our decision to settle disputes nonviolently. We can't let our fundamental institutions be abused like that or we are no better than those other places I was referring to. End of rant.

There's always one idiot who can spoil things for the rest of us.

I mean describing me as Carmel or Lynn :what:.I am sort of flattered in a very warped sort of way as I love those characters. I'll accept the Magda character.Style and grace to the core. Yeah that's me.:rocker: In moi opinion of course

OT - I love them too MG - they are very funny women and intelligent with it IMO

Thanks for the fun - today was an anticlimax

BTW, imo the BC snrs used today as an opportunity to visit GBC while the attention was focused on the courthouse.

Oh goodie my source said they were there and I have been waiting for someone to confirm it.

No argument from me, Hawkins

Thing is though, 'we' didn't let it happen. 'We' played no role. 'We' don't like or approve of it anymore than you

Up to the police to find whomever is responsible and throw the book at them (possibly plural)

Personally, I suspect whomever was responsible may well have been a misguided supporter of the accused. If so, it might just be dawning on them that they achieved nothing other than to reconsign him to Gorrie in addition to costing him and his supporters further tens of thousands of dollars

Because you are on the other side of the planet perhaps?

Thanks DZ - the moon rules the star sign of Cancer (1st July falls under this) and it's in lieu of a sunflower for Allison

No guessing as to why.

Regarding the' Man in compromising position' has this been mentioned before?
I'm gobsmacked!!!If they exposed TM why not this person if this is true. What have I missed. Surely he would be a suspect also.:notgood::notgood::notgood::dunno::dunno::dunno:

No guessing as to why.

This post makes me feel physically sick. It isn't the first time someone has mentioned hands. However surely this is rumour?

Wondering what any legal minds think of this:

In his opening statements, Baden-Clay's barrister Peter Davis SC referred to the "weakness" of the police case against his client and "the rather extraordinary nature of some of the allegations that have been made".

He said police had claimed Baden-Clay had been unco-operative but lack of co-operation was not a sign of guilt.

Police had released material to The Courier-Mail newspaper on April 23, three days after Allison Baden-Clay's disappearance, that positively identified Baden-Clay as a person of interest, Mr Davis said.

He tendered copies of newspaper reports to the court before Justice Glenn Martin ordered his bailiff, without explanation, to clear the room.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8487407

I am wondering if they are going with the "trial by media" angle as one aspect to secure bail; or are articles in newspapers something that would be raised often? Any legal opinions?

No guessing as to why.

Thanks for your post OakingtonAve and welcome. I personally don't believe any of what you've posted, sorry.

Hawkins one could never describe your posts as a rant. Your sincerity rings loud and clear and your words are wise. :smiliescale:

Makara. Do you want to give your crystal ball a shake up and forecast tomorrows decision.
Who would have thought of todays outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste