ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might also add, there seems to have been more concern posted on here about comments directed towards the BC's & virtually nothing posted regarding, what I think, is a total lack of regard & respect for authority shown by OW in that court room today.

Double standards me thinks!!

I think the fact that she did this (which would obviously have been futile in the end) goes to show how much she has been affected by the situation.
If it were my family member, I would also feel the need to try and protect them. I don't think it means OW is a bad or arrogant person, I think she is traumatised and common sense gone out the window.

I don't think she's traumatised at all. She knew if the court was evacuated she could say goodbye to another $10K for legal fees that day (unless they have very++ accomodating legal-types, which I doubt). IMO, etc

:HHJP:
Where is the contrition and the woe and this No wuckin furries is not the work of an ahem elderly lady with arthritis IMO lol !!

Second glass of wine does wonders for arthritis when it kicks in.:great::HHJP:

I had Twitter ticking through 'tweets' #baden-clay today and boy, what an anti-climax. Them damn bombs, nuisance things they are :floorlaugh:

I would like to share with you all a tearoom discussion that took place in my workplace today.

We were discussing the 'whodunnit' aspect of the case, the lengthy wait for the wheels of justice in QLD, the precarious situation of the government and the inability to employ additional Supreme court judge (s) due to diddly squat $$$ in the bank.

It's as plain as the light of the day who's responsible for the untimely passing of ABC. Plain as mud. But, I think he should be granted bail due to the one aspect of the law that we are fortunate enough to have access to 'innocent until proven guilty'. Although the majority think GBC is guilty I (and my colleagues) agree that 1) he is not a threat to society 2) he's responsible financially to his children and their welfare and 3) it may take years for his case to be trialled, imagine sitting in jail 'innocent until proven guilty'??? He's not like the alleged killer of Daniel Morcombe running around murdering randoms is he?

I think bail should be granted in this case. :twocents:

YEP! Very unusual for a husband not to make the arrangements for his wifes funeral with the help of parents....NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND?

Maybe he could only afford to pay lawyers and barristers and not have the money to pay for his wifes funeral?? IMO

SOOOOOO Many strange things that family have done so far...Not just 1 or 2 little things but everything has been very very odd.....and I won't hear of it being that everyone reacts differently because they have reacted BIZARRE and quite frankly have made themselves look not only guilty as hell but also lacked compassion throughout this whole ordeal so far <respectfully snipped>

In regards to the funeral. My sibling died suddenly a while ago. The last caring act that my father could do is arrange the funeral. It takes a lot of time which is spent caring and loving the memory of your departed child. As a sibling, I supported my parent in this sad but final loving gesture. I was in a supporting role to a parent who had lost a son. It's a very personal experience but I imagine getting in between such a loved daughter, sister and mother as Allison would just not be on the cards.

I had Twitter ticking through 'tweets' #baden-clay today and boy, what an anti-climax. Them damn bombs, nuisance things they are :floorlaugh:

I would like to share with you all a tearoom discussion that took place in my workplace today.

We were discussing the 'whodunnit' aspect of the case, the lengthy wait for the wheels of justice in QLD, the precarious situation of the government and the inability to employ additional Supreme court judge (s) due to diddly squat $$$ in the bank.

It's as plain as the light of the day who's responsible for the untimely passing of ABC. Plain as mud. But, I think he should be granted bail due to the one aspect of the law that we are fortunate enough to have access to 'innocent until proven guilty'. Although the majority think GBC is guilty I (and my colleagues) agree that 1) he is not a threat to society 2) he's responsible financially to his children and their welfare and 3) it may take years for his case to be trialled, imagine sitting in jail 'innocent until proven guilty'??? He's not like the alleged killer of Daniel Morcombe running around murdering randoms is he?

I think bail should be granted in this case. :twocents:

Interesting

Some valid points

but I disagree severally

Interesting

Some valid points

but I disagree severally

I don't think he should get bail - IF he is found innocent he can apply for compensation - Allison did not get time to spend with her family - or to conduct 'business as usual' this is so so sad - maybe OW really does believe in his innocence - so who do the BC's think killed Allison ???

Mani moi means 'me' in French. I was educated in France. I assumed it was the correct spelling. Why does 'moy' mean ?

I need another wine.:dance:

moi is pronounced mwah but moy is pronounced how it sounds
and Cath, Magda's mate says look at moy but Magda's Carmel says
I said Pet, I said Love, I said Darl!!!

Sorry mods - all totally OT, Aussie humour - a little light dalliance after a frustrating day

Can anyone expand on the family altercation, or was the OW refusing to leave incident exagerated into an "altercation"?

BTW, imo the BC snrs used today as an opportunity to visit GBC while the attention was focused on the courthouse.

Bay, I am the moon and the woman with her children going for a stroll and there is yellow in the sunset but no sunflower.

Can any of you sleuthers work out why I have used the moon?

I love possumheart's and Makara's photoshopped avatars with the added sunflower - so cute.

Because you are on the other side of the planet perhaps?

That's one interpretation of course

The accused wasn't at the court, as far as I'm aware

So my interpretation -- just my personal opinion which I'm prepared to own --would be that the person was either incomprehensibly ignorant of procedure and decorum. Or the person is mentally unbalanced. Or the person lives in a fantasy world of her own and her family's position in the world. Or the person directly flew in the face of all advice from the accused's legal reps. Or the person exists within a siege mentality, is paranoid, dismissive of authority and thinks nothing of pitting her will against the world at large in order to have her own way. Or the person suffers from a melodramatic, theatrical type personality

BBM We are actually agreeing on this point. I feel she did do something that is "not in the best interests" of GBCs' situation (or hers for that matter); and I also agree that she may very well be "mentally unstable" (or suffering PTSD).

Without any indication from QPS that she is involved in Allisons' murder, I feel she is being the older sister who is doing all she can to hold her family together. Her methods are questionable and possibly those of someone not in their right mind, but I find it very difficult to vilify her (or the BC seniors) because of it.

Locals at Brookfield say that TM in fact was NOT having an affair with GBC and that she in fact discovered him in a, erm compromising position with a MAN at a Century 21 conference.

TM proceeded to then advise ABC, apparently a huge row errupted, culminating in scratches to GBC's face and torso from ABC.

The body apparently had severed hands.

No guessing as to why.

Also police know identity of boyfriend/lover but cannot find his car.

That is about as much information as locals have leaked to the Brookfield people...

I need another wine....this is just too much!!!!!!!!!!!:what::what::what:

2nd G+T me! :)

Yee Haa - honestly let us hope a few of the posters have got the benefit of a tipple on board tonight. It has been a harrowing day!

I don't think the Barrister would ever say that the prosecution has a good case so of course the barristers are going to be antagonistic at anything the QPS has done.

I like the look of this Danny Boyle - here is hoping he has Mahony's measure.

Locals at Brookfield say that TM in fact was NOT having an affair with GBC and that she in fact discovered him in a, erm compromising position with a MAN at a Century 21 conference.

TM proceeded to then advise ABC, apparently a huge row errupted, culminating in scratches to GBC's face and torso from ABC.

The body apparently had severed hands.

No guessing as to why.

Also police know identity of boyfriend/lover but cannot find his car.

That is about as much information as locals have leaked to the Brookfield people...

Hi Oakington Ave is this for real or are you having a lend of us

Yes I agree it was a totally moronic act...I don't think anyone's disputing that. It was a bit of a shock to hear it happened but by sounds it's not uncommon. I wasn't ashamed to be an Australian though as I think that's a bit of a stretch.

It could be that I have an unrealistic expectation of where we are at as a society these days. In some places in the world that I've been there is almost no law and order and what law they have seems almost barabric to me. Stoning women to death, genital mutilation of young girls and assasination of lawyers, judges and government officers seems to be accepted in some places. I've seen people laughing while they watch victims of mob violence bleed to death. And worse. I condemn that stuff from a position of thinking wecin this country are better, and when some idiot threatens violence at a court it feels like I am being hypocritical. It just seems to me that what this fool did today (assuming it was a considered act and not the result of a mental health issue) strikes right at the heart of our society and our decision to settle disputes nonviolently. We can't let our fundamental institutions be abused like that or we are no better than those other places I was referring to. End of rant.

I think a true blue Aussie would pronounce moi as moi as moy......In moi opinion.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

ROFL

MG - Cath says look at moy! LOL

You crack me up...........thanks for the comedy relief

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics