ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You worded that well. I'm sort of semi tired and couldn't find the right words.

I've seen it where as a trial continues and what gets revealed doesn't seem to go quite to plan, a victim gets 'put on trial' (that's the expression I was looking for) so as to make it appear as if the victim was somehow partly responsible for, (asking for it) what happened.

BBM:

It would be dreadful if that was the case. I honestly hope that doesn't happen because noone deserves to be murdered.

Blue Bottle, unfortunately I feel that is exactly what will happen if this case goes to trail. :please:

""After Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay walked their dog, they were intercepted by five detectives who spent about an hour with them, mostly inside the house, only coming out briefly about halfway through with Mr Baden-Clay to search the vehicle before leaving about 6.20pm."""

That ^ is some serious stuff happening there...they don't send out FIVE detectives if it's piddly stuff!!!

Well that would have topped the day off the BC clan haha.

Sorry Bayside, from what I understand the email from OW was a private email to family and friends. In saying that we also don't have any other private emails from the family.

Well it is not private any more.

So it looks like no Websleuths were at the court today as nobody has filled us in on what the defence counsel was refuting of the police's claims. Has anybody heard?

BTW I'm lying in bed at Maui, listening to the sound of the rolling surf.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the accused or any of his family will be at the cricket day on Sunday? I'm thinking they'd be too stressed even if he makes bail.

What a frustrating day for all concerned.

Can you imagine the balls he would have to get out on bail and turn up.

This case is getting so confusing :banghead: :banghead: My partner is still saying that he thinks there was more involved than just GBC. Like i said in one of the threads my partner said IF anyone else was involved he was hoping GBC would actually tell them. Does this case seem very confusing to anyone else? Or is it just me ?

Hey Angel,what do YOU you think about this case?

It would be very difficult to be a supporter of an accused murderer. The problem families in these situations seem to face is that their support often seems quite disrespectful of the victim. Guilty or innocent, what is happening to Gerard is nothing compared to what has happened to Allison. Gerard is safe and receiving medical care while Allison was murdered and left to the elements for 11 days. Gerard will know (of) his daughters as they grow, we have to rely on faith regarding the afterlife to believe Allison will have that opportunity. It would do GBC much more good for those supporting him to keep Allison front and centre while supporting their relative. The apparent lack of grief for Allison hurts the perception of them all.

Well said thanks.

At times I feel sorry for the BC's, they would never have imagined being thrust into a nightmare like this, then I think, no, if they had told the truth and been co operative with the police they would have the same relationship the Dickies have with the police.
There would be no surprise searches, they would not be always waiting for the other shoe to drop, the police would phone and tell them what they need and the BC's could give it peacefully and everyone's happy.

I saw the camera people there taking photos etc, but I have not seen it anywhere in the media, I was very surprised , I thought the media would be in a frenzy, but I will check the late news.

Good reporting Molly, thanks.

At times I feel sorry for the BC's, they would never have imagined being thrust into a nightmare like this, then I think, no, if they had told the truth and been co operative with the police they would have the same relationship the Dickies have with the police.
There would be no surprise searches, they would not be always waiting for the other shoe to drop, the police would phone and tell them what they need and the BC's could give it peacefully and everyone's happy.

Yeah true and I think when they were aware of his affair with Toni they should have stepped in and opposed it and supported Allison.

Someone on another site who was at the hearing today sat very close to OW.
Her description of how OW appeared today was interesting. Apparently this person is going back for the hearing again tomorrow...

Amee, can you elaborate? Can you also please keep an eye on their comments today, pretty please if you can?

ANd when Allison did find out about, and Toni was fired.. and it then went on. ..... my bet is that Nige and Elaine knew about that, too. and Olivia as well.

My brother lives in another state. Would not have a clue what he gets up to.

Yeah true and I think when they were aware of his affair with Toni they should have stepped in and opposed it and supported Allison.

Honestly how do we know what they did or did not do in regards to his affair. They may have been very opposed to it and said so but at the end of the day he is a grown man and there was very little control his family would have on that situation.

Funny that. Read post from Aberline_1979 re bomb scare at Supreme Court this afternoon:

ABERLINE_1979 Post no: 376
' ...So are we guessing (repeat: I said GUESSING!) that someone has phoned in a bomb threat?

I don't know about everyone else here, but that's what my logic would suggest. I'm not saying that it isn't just a coincidence that this "security threat" has occurred when it did...but really, what are the odds?

I wonder if the voice on the phone had a slight South African accent to it? Was there a female voice in the background? Did the call end with the sound of a garage door closing and an aging couple tongue-pashing?...'

Lolol too funny.

may I ask why you think this, though?? " I think OW was 'Out of the loop re GBC extra marital. exploits' mother goose?

Why I think she was IN the loop is this is a family that visits back and forth all the time. . Olivia is right IN the loop of it all. So I am interested in why you think she was unaware of this ongoing and long term event, if you have time to respond, I would appreciate it.

If GBC is the murderer, I think OW was out of the loop about the murder. Not so sure about the TM affair though. Which makes it harder to empathise with her. However I do think she is the most genuine of the lot of them and believes her brother is innocent of murder. I thought this from the beginning, my interpretation of her attitude and body language during 'that' interview was that she was dreadfully worried, possibly suspecting something or at least hoping there was nothing, yet concerned that her brother might make things look bad for himself. I don't think she actually knew anything and I feel that since then she has been convinced he is innocent.

I agree with whoever mentioned about not telling certain things to different members of the family. Happens in my family - my siblings always hide any misdemeanours from me but tell each other, either because they know I'l disapprove or because they want to give me a better impression of who they are.

Itsthevibe: What a tremendous post! Common sense with compassion. And I too looked at that pic of GBC cuffed in the car and saw: terror, humiliation and pain. Who amongst us hasn't done something really rotten in their lives that they regret and think of over the years, wishing it had been different? Of course noone can condone killing, but much as I hope GBC experiences the full wrath of the law, I can't help but looking at him and thinking how absolutely horrendous it must be to be in his shoes. I also find myself thinking that if they're all guilty of either assisting with the 'deed' or at the very least knowing about it, and if they were not fond of Allison (or she of them) then it would have been so hypocritical of them to be bleating to the public in the media....as someone said: they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It's such a horrible tragedy (including for the BCs) but I feel the most for the SHEs (girls) - innocents who will have to carry this for the rest of their lives, whatever transpires from here on in.

I laughed along with you all to defuse the tension of what was 'going down' (I was imagining each of us grabbling one of Unfoldingtruth's koppers logs and marching on the courthouse in our avatar garb with placards nailed to our logs 'JUSTICE FOR ALLISON' etc. - as a group we could be 'The Koppers', rather than the 'coppers'!!)....and I felt nervous waiting for the hearing as if I was going to give a speech in court myself. I am a bit alarmed at feeling so 'involved' when I know none of the players, but as Hawkins and others have pointed out, we are a very giving and caring society, and often feel the pain of others, whether it be through death, floods, fire etc. etc. (Cynics might say we like to 'suffer' vicariously through others, but I don't subscribe to this view!) I was trying to explain the whole story to my husband this afternoon, and honestly, you couldn't write a book of fiction that is more convoluted. But I really think that we have to oust Occam's Razor and the KISS principle, because IMO it IS going to be ugly and complicated in the end. Why? Everything has already been said before but the police were NEVER looking elsewhere for the perpetrator/s and wouldn't make an arrest without being absolutely bloody sure....it's just too big a case not to have 'enough' before arresting. As to COD - if there was blood in the car as MSM have now told us, then that had to come from somewhere on Allison. If she was strangled or drowned in the bath = no blood, unless she happened to burst a few vessels and bled. Jungle drums and smoke signals have only mentioned these two possible CODs, so where would the blood have come from? I guess if she was stabbed there would have been a great deal of blood evidence, which I don't think is the case. I don't think we can completely dismiss the excision of the hands hypothesis - it's been bandied about a number of times. The SC in court today got as far as saying there had been outrageous claims about GBC. IMO this means that there IS something very ugly or unusual in the whole business. Whether this is premeditation, the collusion of many others, the excision of hands, strangling in the bath and redressing of the body, and even the most recent 'salacious rumour' ie a 'boyfriend' (which has been alluded to a few times before - yes, I've read EVERY post godammit!), IMO SOMETHING is bizarro here......and I'm going to go MAD if we don't find out soon. I'm nothing but a sloth at the moment....just as I was going to 'retire' from WS GBC was arrested!...so on we go! I'm supposed to be editing a book for my BIL, but instead of wondering who is going to play who in the 'movie version' (it's a REALLY good book!) I'm wondering who is going to play who in the movie 'Feet of Clay'!!! Thank you all for being such caring folk - any humour here is JUST diffusion, and I know you all care deeply for Allison and her family, particularly the girls. (Any mob of people gathered together for anything at all squabble and carry on don't they? Forums....families.....workplaces...............................

Thanks and a fascinating and clever post. Loveya work! :seeya:

Itsthevibe: What a tremendous post! Common sense with compassion. And I too looked at that pic of GBC cuffed in the car and saw: terror, humiliation and pain. Who amongst us hasn't done something really rotten in their lives that they regret and think of over the years, wishing it had been different? Of course noone can condone killing, but much as I hope GBC experiences the full wrath of the law, I can't help but looking at him and thinking how absolutely horrendous it must be to be in his shoes. I also find myself thinking that if they're all guilty of either assisting with the 'deed' or at the very least knowing about it, and if they were not fond of Allison (or she of them) then it would have been so hypocritical of them to be bleating to the public in the media....as someone said: they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It's such a horrible tragedy (including for the BCs) but I feel the most for the SHEs (girls) - innocents who will have to carry this for the rest of their lives, whatever transpires from here on in.

I laughed along with you all to defuse the tension of what was 'going down' (I was imagining each of us grabbling one of Unfoldingtruth's koppers logs and marching on the courthouse in our avatar garb with placards nailed to our logs 'JUSTICE FOR ALLISON' etc. - as a group we could be 'The Koppers', rather than the 'coppers'!!)....and I felt nervous waiting for the hearing as if I was going to give a speech in court myself. I am a bit alarmed at feeling so 'involved' when I know none of the players, but as Hawkins and others have pointed out, we are a very giving and caring society, and often feel the pain of others, whether it be through death, floods, fire etc. etc. (Cynics might say we like to 'suffer' vicariously through others, but I don't subscribe to this view!) I was trying to explain the whole story to my husband this afternoon, and honestly, you couldn't write a book of fiction that is more convoluted. But I really think that we have to oust Occam's Razor and the KISS principle, because IMO it IS going to be ugly and complicated in the end. Why? Everything has already been said before but the police were NEVER looking elsewhere for the perpetrator/s and wouldn't make an arrest without being absolutely bloody sure....it's just too big a case not to have 'enough' before arresting. As to COD - if there was blood in the car as MSM have now told us, then that had to come from somewhere on Allison. If she was strangled or drowned in the bath = no blood, unless she happened to burst a few vessels and bled. Jungle drums and smoke signals have only mentioned these two possible CODs, so where would the blood have come from? I guess if she was stabbed there would have been a great deal of blood evidence, which I don't think is the case. I don't think we can completely dismiss the excision of the hands hypothesis - it's been bandied about a number of times. The SC in court today got as far as saying there had been outrageous claims about GBC. IMO this means that there IS something very ugly or unusual in the whole business. Whether this is premeditation, the collusion of many others, the excision of hands, strangling in the bath and redressing of the body, and even the most recent 'salacious rumour' ie a 'boyfriend' (which has been alluded to a few times before - yes, I've read EVERY post godammit!), IMO SOMETHING is bizarro here......and I'm going to go MAD if we don't find out soon. I'm nothing but a sloth at the moment....just as I was going to 'retire' from WS GBC was arrested!...so on we go! I'm supposed to be editing a book for my BIL, but instead of wondering who is going to play who in the 'movie version' (it's a REALLY good book!) I'm wondering who is going to play who in the movie 'Feet of Clay'!!! Thank you all for being such caring folk - any humour here is JUST diffusion, and I know you all care deeply for Allison and her family, particularly the girls. (Any mob of people gathered together for anything at all squabble and carry on don't they? Forums....families.....workplaces...............................

itsthevibe and wozzle Two brilliant posts!!!
Posts like these that can bring an actual lump to my chest and a tear in my eye is why I keep reading.
Thanks you guys,what an amazing bunch of people we have on this forum.

When the Dickies come out and say, well. Olivia is just peachy, and so is Nige, and Elaine, and by golly, Gerard, well... he had his faults, but ..

Until then.. as far as I can see, they made Allisons life hell. the whole lot of them. They stay on my black list.

Culdnt agree with you more.

Exactly, but it appears only Gerard's happiness was always upmost in their minds, and still is. They were probably happy for him to move on and hopefully one day find someone how would provide him with a son to carry on the name they are so proud of.
Perhaps when Allison didn't produce the heir and the spare, they were happy to toss her aside. I have no idea really, it's just thoughts that run through my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member