ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...In your previous post you said you were ashamed to be Australian today because of that. I wasn't ashamed to be an Australian today....I'm ashamed of the human species that allows these barbaric murders to happen in the first place.

What cheers me though is the fact there are all these good people, not only on this forum but countless other forums, of this same human species who continually speak out loud against these barbaric acts ....& that makes me damn proud to be an Aussie.

We are fortunate in this country because we have Laws which protect civil society and these need to be respected by all who settle in this land. HAWKINS's comments seem broadly pitched at Australia and what being Australian is all about and the importance of having respect for our judiciary. So important. MARLYWINGS's comments speak about the everyday ordinary person, like us on this thread and other sites, who speak out about these horrible crimes by other human beings. Equally important. Unfortunately, there are some among us who go against 'authority'. IMO it is important to speak out against those who commit these crimes against other human beings. It is life affirming and validates a civil society. We need to see that justice is seen to be done. As ACTUS REUS said, we need transparent legal proceedings to have faith in our Judiciary to have a just society. Whoever called in a bomb threat to our Supreme Court has committed a crime against society and should be held to account. IMO

Now, I didn't really expect GBC's lawyer (Peter Davis, SC) to say in his opening remarks that the Crown has a very sound case and a strong likelihood of success at trial, but...

...prior to the bomb threat, he did say that the allegations were "extraordinary" (I think) and that the Crown had a "weak case".

Before the security scare, Mr Davis had been responding to a police affidavit which detailed why the prosecution said Baden-Clay should not be granted bail.
"An examination of it will demonstrate the weakness of the case against my client," he said.
"(And) the extraordinary nature of some of the allegations being made."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sec...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1226403669080#ixzz1yR22aL16

I understand the defense attorney will try to put the evidence in the poorest light possible, but for a highly respected lawyer to describe the evidence as "weak", when that evidence is going to come out in the course of that very same hearing, surely means the case against GBC is not water-tight.

Hi gmws
Were you in court yesterday?
I have heard vey respected barristers using those very words in cases that are very strong. I do not for one moment believe this. They are getting paid to try and take apart the prosecution's case and the opening statements are always very floury and strongly worded.

Wow! I wonder if GBC said something??? This is so different than most of the cases I've followed - having a search at this stage of the game.

That's what my hubby thought too; that GBC has said something in remand that has alerted police. The timing of it is a bit strange i.e. on the same day as the bail hearing.

Been following since the beginning, but couldn't read all the posts, I'm a single mum with two boys and a dog!, so I don't know if what I have to say has been already noted. Anyway, in the news.com.au article today about the 5 police showing up at NBC-EBC's place, the photo of GBC in the article CLEARLY shows a small circular band-aid/plaster, and a distinctly visible mark under it that looks like stitches.

The previous photos have not been of sufficient quality to blow them up to see detail. The photo of GBC today in the news.com.au, and the Courier Mail articles is of a better quality, and when I made it bigger (I press the control "ctrl" key with the "+" key), the circular band-aid is very, very clearly visible. It is above GBC's right eye, towards the middle.

Such a cut would have been very obvious to the police when they showed up the morning GBC called the police to report Allison's "disappearance". I think that would have been sufficient to have a reasonable suspiscion GBC was involved and there had been some unusual event. I recall GBC's family "explaining" why he had "scratches" on his face. Because he "fell" on his head.

I have subsequently been searching all the photos to see these scratches, as others on WS have, but never felt I found anything with certainty. Either the lines on GBC's face that might have been scratches were a bit tenuous/insignificant, or the photo quality was not sufficient to blow up the photo to see the detail. Today, this photo in this article finally clearly showed me what must have been a deep cut to his head. I'm not sure it looks like it was a scratch made by someone else (doesn't seem too long, but does look deep). IMO, looks more like the result of a fall, or something hard hitting his head. Perhaps, IMO, he fell when he was carrying her body down the stairs of the house, or getting in / out of the boot/trunk of the vehicle. All totally speculation. But at least now I finally see the cut.

The round band-aid/plaster is well camoflaged. Wonder if there is a bit of make up? JMO. But it is clearly visible.

Another night without sleep...and it is almost morning. Searching again through WS and et al, looking into the depths of evil and asking why, how could it have come to this. bless you ABC and girls. I hate to see human dignity fall to such depths, and for these three young girls to be thrust into it all at such an innocent age.

I already dread seeing ABC's life dragged through the proverbially mud in the endless legal proceedings to come. Seeing her in the creek mud was enough. Damn, why can't he confess. jmho. Time to go to bed!

Hi, yes I can see what appears to be a plaster - I see a more rectangular one with curved ends on the right side of forehead below hairline.

I have to go and get busy for an hour or so. I will be back close to 10am and will endeavor to keep providing the twitter feeds. See you all soon x

I just had a thought... a dangerous happening my family reckons whan that happens to me.

Was wondering if during the trial, not only will Gerard's dirty washing be dragged into it (as has already been done), but am wondering if attempts will be made to pull apart and bring up issues about Allison we may not know about.

Of course that will happen BlueBottle.

Yeah true and I think when they were aware of his affair with Toni they should have stepped in and opposed it and supported Allison.

How do we know that they didn't in the early days?

Thanks for this link whitechapel - good on you! I looked last night and came up with nought!

Now here is a scenario - I posted the other day what if GBC did not use his own cars to allegedly dispose of Allison?

What if the reason that NBC was at the bus stop with his head in his hands (as was reported by another member here) was due to his son having dropped him off there and gone on to the bridge alone with Allison in the back of his father's car?

What if NBC's car was used as the vehicle to allegedly transport Allison to her final resting place?

Thoughts...........

Warning this post may offend and upset some people, so please do not read if you feel you will affected by it

wozzle asked last night about where blood would have if the two probable causes of death are correct.

I have considered this myself Wozzle and this is the opinion I have formed, and please do not read if you feel something I say underneath may offend you, I have wondered how GBC could have taken her body from the house to the car particularly if he was the only person involved, the only scenario I can come up with is, the GBC dragged her body from the house and then down the front stairs, The weight of her head falling down those stairs would cause some injury to the corpse and may be the cause for blood to be found, even if the cause of death is not something that involves bleeding.

My apologies once again I know that image is unpleasant and I hesitated to post, but I do think it answers Wozzles question.

Thanks for this link whitechapel - good on you! I looked last night and came up with nought!

Now here is a scenario - I posted the other day what if GBC did not use his own cars to allegedly dispose of Allison?

What if the reason that NBC was at the bus stop with his head in his hands (as was reported by another member here) was due to his son having dropped him off there and gone on to the bridge alone with Allison in the back of his father's car?

What if NBC's car was used as the vehicle to allegedly transport Allison to her final resting place?

Thoughts...........

I think if NBC's car was in any way involved it would have been in impound around 8 or 9 weeks ago....or from the time police raided NBC's house.

Blood in the Captiva was said to be found...I think that is the car which was used to transport Allison's body.

Warning this post may offend and upset some people, so please do not read if you feel you will affected by it

wozzle asked last night about where blood would have if the two probable causes of death are correct.

I have considered this myself Wozzle and this is the opinion I have formed, and please do not read if you feel something I say underneath may offend you, I have wondered how GBC could have taken her body from the house to the car particularly if he was the only person involved, the only scenario I can come up with is, the GBC dragged her body from the house and then down the front stairs, The weight of her head falling down those stairs would cause some injury to the corpse and may be the cause for blood to be found, even if the cause of death is not something that involves bleeding.

My apologies once again I know that image is unpleasant and I hesitated to post, but I do think it answers Wozzles question.

I don't think we'll ever really know the reason for the blood until more info is released. I've also wondered if perhaps he punched her in the face which resulted in nose bleed...or maybe pushed her down the stairs. I think there's quite a few different scenarios which could have happened that night but until we learn more it's really just all guessing.

I think if NBC's car was in any way involved it would have been in impound around 8 or 9 weeks ago....or from the time police raided NBC's house.

Blood in the Captiva was said to be found...I think that is the car which was used to transport Allison's body.

Yes I remember reading that about the Captiva. However, is that fact - do we have a link from the msm? Just asking Marly as often on here things get blurred over the weeks. I can't remember seeing a link to the blood in Captiva. The QPS still have it impounded however.

What are your thoughts on them searching NBC's car?

Thoughts...........

The image I have sometimes of GBC is this - after Allison was killed his actions, if we are to believe some of our ideas, become like someoen who suddenly remember and puts together the scenarios form lots of crimes shows.

Your post here Mani, gives me a picture of a flapping Gerard, suddenly ringing his Dad for the umpteenth time that evening, "No, changed my mind, I will take your car, police are sure to check mine for DNA", I will meet you at the bus stop". The meeting around the corner incident with OW reminds me of this as well,"They won't see us, if we meet around the corner, you get the car", the put on voice and the over acting of the TV interview is another example, the business as usual, the car accident they go on and on. He is becoming in my mind a cross between someone on "CSI" and "Midsommer Murders". perhaps with a bit of "The Bill" for good measure.

I think the search has got to have something to do with the bomb hoax too coincidental to me.

Yes I remember reading that about the Captiva. However, is that fact - do we have a link from the msm? Just asking Marly as often on here things get blurred over the weeks. I can't remember seeing a link to the blood in Captiva. The QPS still have it impounded however.

What are your thoughts on them searching NBC's car?

Blood in the Captiva was reported in tv news media the night of GBC's arrest.....it was when they mentioned the $900,000 life insurance policy. IF the video link is still there I'll post it.

We don't know if the Captiva is still in impound or not.

This makes sense. What has me confused, though, is QPS stating there were no visible signs of foul play when ABC's body was discovered. Ok, let's face it, I'm just plain confused about this whole tragic case! The more that happens, the more I'm just not sure what happened.

CC if you're reading...some days are diamonds...some days are stone...just have to take the good with the bad....hope to see you soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle