Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
poco said:
Personally, I can't see them doing that.

If I found my child dead in the basement, the first thing I would do would be to pick her/him up and scream at the top of my lungs - yes, I would destroy valuable crime scene evidence - but I wouldn't be thinking clearly at that time.

Then I would have called the police - ransom note or no ransom note - I wouldn't even think I was a possible suspect. I would be freaking....
Well, me too....I would react the same way....it was just a thought because the note is the only thing that has kept me on the fence all these years.

What is th news talking about? They just said that Karr was with JonBenet when she died, it was an accident, he loved her.

What kind of crazy reports are these?

Beyond Belief said:
What is th news talking about? They just said that Karr was with JonBenet when she died, it was an accident, he loved her.

What kind of crazy reports are these?
Those were his exact words, live on camera! He said I LOVE (not loved) Jon Benet, it was an accident. A reporter asked "are you innocent?" He said "no". I saw it, he said it...don't know if he is lying, but I saw it. HE is one creepoid!

Yes, he "accidentally" twisted a rope around her neck and bashed a little girl over the head. He's a sexual predator.

Denverpost

An official with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said that Karr, a former teacher in California, already has a criminal record of sex offenses in Southern states near his former homes in Alabama and Georgia.

Maybe So said:
Good lord if I found my child dead on my basement floor ...keeping the crime scene uncontaminated would be the last thing on my mind. I would go to them and right or wrong I believe I would pick them up....if nothing else first impulse would be hoping they were still alive and could be saved.

That is the first thing my dad said to me when this murder happened. I was 21 and I remember talking about how the ramseys contaminated the scene, and my dad was like "wait till you have babies and if something happens and you see them laying on the floor you will run to them and pick them right up". I have a baby now and that is exactly what I would do.

I wonder if Karr drove a vehicle which fits the description of the vehicle John Ramsey allegedly saw? (The one he thought was suspicious, but didn't see fit to mention to police).

Suwat said U.S. authorities informed Thai police on Aug. 11 that an arrest warrant had been issued for Karr on charges of premeditated murder. The warrant was sent to Thai police on Wednesday, the day he was picked up in Bangkok.

At the press conference, Suwat said that Karr insisted after his arrest that his crime was not first-degree murder. "He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional. He said he was in love with the child. She was a pageant queen," Suwat said.

The Thai officer quoted the suspect as saying he tried to kidnap JonBenet for a $118,000 ransom but that his plan went awry and he strangled her to death.

Hurst said Karr has been "very cooperative" with authorities and that he's shown a "variety of emotions." She said he has been a suspect "for a while" but wouldn't specify how long.

Karr has been in Thailand four times over the past two years, police said.

Police said he was living in a dormitory-style hotel called The Blooms in a neighborhood of massage parlors and travel agents that cater to expatriate residents and offer sex tours.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_4923469,00.html

So Karr is saying it was "an accident" How in the heck is what happened to her an accident? This is crazy!

just heard on ABC that one report is that Karr was asked about the details of JBR's death...Karr replied "it would take hours" to explain....

Can someone please set up a poll? I tried to figure out how to do it to no avail.

I am wondering what WS people think about this guy---especially the ones who have been posting in the JBR forum for so long!!

Anyone???

Now the news is saying the brother said that Karr was with the Ramsey family during that holiday season.

This is getting stranger by the minute.

poco said:
I guess they DNA will tell all - but doesn't that take a few weeks/months??? Also, seems I read that there was something found in her panties, as well as a few blood splatters found somewhere.

Call me confused, but from what I have read so far he reportedly was just going to kidnap her and things went array. So, then he sat down and took God knows how long to write a ransom note???? I would think he would be freaking and rush out of the house - why the ransom note if she is dead?

OR, did he take time to write the note BEFORE HE WOKE her FED her
pineapple and KILLED her???? Any why $118,000 - why not $107,398.23???? That seems like such an odd amount - $100,00 maybe, $125,000, $200,000, but $118,000?

Seems like if you were going to kidnap someone you would want to be in and out of there as FAST AS POSSIBLE!!! Red flags on this are going up everywhere for me.

Someone mentioned a press conference today - anyone know the time?

I think there is definitely more to this than meets the eye......

confused here also....i can't grasp that this guy, Karr, wanted to kidnap JBR, for some reason...

i was told that the press conf is at 12 noon, cst....

close_enough said:
just heard on ABC that one report is that Karr was asked about the details of JBR's death...Karr replied "it would take hours" to explain....
I read that too.

close_enough said:
here you go close:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208858,00.html
Asked what happened when JonBenet died, he said: "It would take several hours to describe that. It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."

Karr also told the AP he contacted JonBenet's mother, Patsy Ramsey, before her death in June and that he wrote her letters about "many things." He said he hoped that she received the letters.

Karr confessed to the killing after his arrest Wednesday at his downtown Bangkok guesthouse by Thai and American authorities, said Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul, head of Thailand's immigration police.

He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

Beyond Belief said:
Now the news is saying the brother said that Karr was with the Ramsey family during that holiday season.

wow, that's a switch from last night

close_enough said:
confused here also....i can't grasp that this guy, Karr, wanted to kidnap JBR, for some reason...

i was told that the press conf is at 12 noon, cst....
I cant wait to watch.

I heard the same thing on Fox just now from a female reporter. Did she know what she was saying? I thought brother claimed to be with him.I bet there will be many error reporting. I'm waiting for News Conference.
Amy

Beyond Belief said:

Beyond Belief said:

Huh, :waitasec: this is really weird.

JBean said:
here you go close:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208858,00.html
Asked what happened when JonBenet died, he said: "It would take several hours to describe that. It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."

Karr also told the AP he contacted JonBenet's mother, Patsy Ramsey, before her death in June and that he wrote her letters about "many things." He said he hoped that she received the letters.

Karr confessed to the killing after his arrest Wednesday at his downtown Bangkok guesthouse by Thai and American authorities, said Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul, head of Thailand's immigration police.

He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

thanks JBean...this is just wild....i read a couple of posts where folks thought Karr looked drugged....i just saw a brief clip of him & he definately looked drugged/wiped out, almost staggering trying to stand up....

i hope the press conf gives us some good details of this arrest....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back