Arrest Made in JB Murder - Aug 16th, 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get on WS for the past few hours! Whew! Busy day.

I am positively stunned!! I was in a taxi when I heard the news, and I all
but fainted. I NEVER thought that it would be an intruder, and truth be told,
for some strange reason, I am still skeptical.
Is anyone else feeling this way? Please don't flame....it's just my feeling.

Regardless as to who killed Jonbenet, I hope they get the right person!

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about the Ramsey case. I've never taken a firm position about who did it. But this morning I clearly thought, "John and Patsy didn't do it. That is clear. This is going to be like the Groene case in Idaho where the perp was a complete outsider." When I saw the headline on cnn.com this evening, I was amazed.

Fox news: 5:46 PST, news on this situation after the commercial

A couple websites are reporting the perps real name as Charles Lawrence Carr. (Saying John Karr is an alias.)

Does anyone here have any info on this?

otto said:
I wonder how many other victims there are?
That's always the first thing I think of when they arrest someone for a terrible crime like this. Especially this case..... can't possibly be his first murder can it?

I'm not accepting that this person is the one who killed JonBenet. I don't think a stranger would write a 3 page ransom note, molest and murder a child in her own home and wipe down and redress the body. No, not buying it.

Buzzm1 said:
John Mark Karr taught in the SF North Bay area for a time, according to his brother. The news is saying he has a Bay Area connection.
Yes Buzz, I hear that too. They were interviewing an ex neightbor in Petaluma.

Garnan said:
That's always the first thing I think of when they arrest someone for a terrible crime like this. Especially this case..... can't possibly be his first murder can it?

If he had reached the point of B&E, rape and murder 10 years ago, it's probably going to be a long list.

Tristan said:
I've been trying to get on WS for the past few hours! Whew! Busy day.

I am positively stunned!! I was in a taxi when I heard the news, and I all
but fainted. I NEVER thought that it would be an intruder, and truth be told,
for some strange reason, I am still skeptical.
Is anyone else feeling this way? Please don't flame....it's just my feeling.

Regardless as to who killed Jonbenet, I hope they get the right person!

no flaming from me, lol.....i feel pretty much the same way...i'm stunned!

Doesn't Thailand impose the death penalty for sex crimes involving children? Is that why it is so easy to extradite him?

englishleigh said:
I remember something about a guy in CO at the time whose girlfriend suspected him b/c he could not account for his movements the night JB was killed, returned home the next morning dazed and disheveled and then promptly became obsessed with the case. I could have sworn his last name was CARR. Any chance this is the guy?

The guy your thinking of was Chris Wolfe.

otto said:
If he had reached the point of B&E, rape and murder 10 years ago, it's probably going to be a long list.
Yikes, I was thinking prior to JB, the potential victims in the last 10 years hadn't even crossed my mind.

Federal officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, identified the suspect as John Mark Karr, a 42-year-old American, and one law enforcement official told The Associated Press that Boulder police had tracked him down online.

The Ramsey family's attorney in Atlanta pronounced the arrest vindication for JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer on June 24.

"John and Patsy lived their lives knowing they were innocent, trying to raise a son despite the furor around them," Lin Wood said. "The story of this family is a story of courage, and story of an American injustice and tragedy that ultimately people will have to look back on and hopefully learn from."

The attorney said the Ramseys learned about the suspect a least a month before Patsy Ramsey's death. "It's been a very long 10 years, and I'm just sorry Patsy isn't here for me to hug her neck," Wood said.

Karr was a teacher who once lived in Conyers, Ga., according to Wood. The attorney said the Ramseys gave police information about Karr before he was identified as a suspect.

Wood would not say how the Ramseys knew Karr. But JonBenet was born in Atlanta in 1990, and the Ramseys lived in the Atlanta suburb of Dunwoody for several years before moving to Colorado in 1991.

A source close to the investigation said Karr confessed to elements of the crime. Also, a law enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the AP that Karr had been communicating periodically with somebody in Boulder who had been following the case and cooperating with law enforcement officials.

District Attorney Mary Lacy said the arrest followed several months of work, but she said no details would be released until Thursday.

Lawrence Schiller, author of the 1999 book "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" about the case, said Wednesday he understood the man had been on a list of sexual offenders who were suspects for a long time.

"There are a lot of facts about her actual death that the public does not know." Schiller said. "If he did confess to some facts of the murder, to reveal those facts of the case, that would finish the puzzle."

Among the facts he said were not generally known was the murder weapon and what the killer did with it.

cvbnm,

BeeBee said:
The guy your thinking of was Chris Wolfe.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!! I guess it was CHRIS I was thinking of...the "C" initial.

I can understand having a hard time believing this news, when you've lived with the case for so long, been so sure. But the news reports sound pretty conclusive - DNA same on panties and under nails, matching this guy, he confesses to unreleased details, maybe linked to those horrible emails sent to Patsy - but more than anything else, the police have to be very sure, or they wouldn't have opened themselves up to the media storm that is now happening.

I can't see the extradition, going to Thailand, unless they were very sure. I wonder if this guy fled to Thailand to avoid prosecution for the child *advertiser censored* which would enter his DNA profile into the sex offender database! He has to have known that once his DNA entered the system, he would be caught. I can't imagine how many others he must have molested!

There is no match in the National Sex Offender Public Registry for any of the names that have been mentioned.

philamena said:
I'm not accepting that this person is the one who killed JonBenet. I don't think a stranger would write a 3 page ransom note, molest and murder a child in her own home and wipe down and redress the body. No, not buying it.
I do believe it could be possible. After all, pervs do all kinds of strange and sickening things.

philamena said:

The rumour is that there is a DNA match and he has made a partial confession. The ransom note pointed to the parents and perhaps it was intended to frame the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member