Arrest Made in JB Murder - Aug 16th, 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps we can start a collection to hire Mark Geragos to represent him, in order to assure his conviction.
Can Geragos practice in Colorado?

philamena said:
I'm not accepting that this person is the one who killed JonBenet. I don't think a stranger would write a 3 page ransom note, molest and murder a child in her own home and wipe down and redress the body. No, not buying it.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Why would a random killer do the things you listed? It doesn't make sense to me, either.

However, I have always said that I hope the last thing that poor little baby saw wasn't a family member.

I guess time will tell.

philamena said:
I'm not accepting that this person is the one who killed JonBenet. I don't think a stranger would write a 3 page ransom note, molest and murder a child in her own home and wipe down and redress the body. No, not buying it.

We don't know that he was a stranger. Since the Ramsey's told the police something about him early on, according to today's reports, they must have been acquainted in some way.

Garnan said:
Doesn't Thailand impose the death penalty for sex crimes involving children? Is that why it is so easy to extradite him?

He may have murdered a child in Bangkok too ... I guess we'll find out soon. I think pedophilia charges are harsh, but a murder conviction in the US is probably better than Thailand.

Bay Area news on now, his ex-wife still in Petaluma Ca. They are simply saying that she is upset. Reporter has talked to former neighbors of the McNear subdivision where he lived. They are simply saying that when he lived there he was indeed a substitute teacher here. According to Denver news that was between 2000 and 2001.

dancingdaisy said:
i agree with details...they seem pretty sure this is the guy.
Yes. They actually arrested, or issued a warrant for, somebody. I just reread Steve Thomas' book and had restarted on Lawrence Schiller's. I was dumbfounded to hear the news. I, like others, just want the RIGHT person convicted.

I just wonder if this is why John and Patsy made some recent visits to Boulder?

To be on hand to assist BPD catch theis guy online via email?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Perhaps we can start a collection to hire Mark Geragos to represent him, in order to assure his conviction.

I just heard it reported that he had lived in Petaluma, Calif. I won't call any names, however, there were several California connections in a roundabout way to the Ramseys. It will be interesting to see if he is connected to any of these.

My husband brought this newsflash up while we were out to dinner--I almost choked!

It has always been my thought that due to the police mishandling of the original case--as well as the Ramseys' first reactions to the situation--the parents could never really be proven guilty OR innocent.

To me that seemed the most hideous thing--to never be really proven innocent when you are--the only thing worse being your child NOT getting justice, no matter who did it.

I am looking forward to seeing the new evidence that allegedly was not revealed. I hope it IS significant and the police actually did competently keep evidence back for just such an occurrence as this.

philamena said:
That is my first and biggest question...do you think maybe, the Ramsey's found JonBenet, and FREAKED, then wrote the note?

I have been on the fence about this case the whole time.....I don't want to condemn this guy as the Ramsey's were condemned...I pray they have their man...but there are so many ?'s right now!

I keep hearing other news on this guy, never know how accurate it is. The last they said was that he was arrested here in CA I think five years ago, never showed up for court.

Don't know if I'll keep a connection here just like everyone esle as the Server get too busy, expect it will just get worse later this evening.

Before I do get 'bumped' I wanted to mention that I go to Steve's site @ CrimeBlog.US when this site goes 'amuck' and see where some here have posted the information from there here (at least it should be noted when doing so as to where the links were obtained)

BirdieBoo said:
SBTC

Sadistic
*advertiser censored*
Teaching
Children

Naw, they don't see themselves as sadistic bastards. They think they're perfectly normal.

Tristan said:
I've been trying to get on WS for the past few hours! Whew! Busy day.

I am positively stunned!! I was in a taxi when I heard the news, and I all
but fainted. I NEVER thought that it would be an intruder, and truth be told,
for some strange reason, I am still skeptical.
Is anyone else feeling this way? Please don't flame....it's just my feeling.

Regardless as to who killed Jonbenet, I hope they get the right person!

I'm still a skeptic too. The news has said he has admitted to certain aspects of the crime, which really could mean that he might have been in Boulder on Xmas for all we know. The fact is he is being brought in for questioning and nothing more at this point. It may turn out to be nothing. The media is making this look as though it's a major break that has solved the case and the fact is that until someone is charged with the crime it isn't anything. They could arrest someone every day as a suspect and it wouldn't mean anything. Only charges will bring about a murder trial.

I also listened to the interview with JR and I'm flabberghasted that after all this time with the half answers he still keeps it up... he says he can't comment on whether or not he knows this person but then says something like "not to my knowledge". Huh? I suppose there could be other ways of wording it but to me you either do or you don't. So yes, I'm still skeptical. But I'm trying to pry my mind open to other possibilities.

One theory put forth on Fox (unclear if it's true or a guess) that this guy is in prison in Thailand and wants a deal to come back to the US.

Tom'sGirl said:
I keep hearing other news on this guy, never know how accurate it is. The last they said was that he was arrested here in CA I think five years ago, never showed up for court.

Don't know if I'll keep a connection here just like everyone esle as the Server get too busy, expect it will just get worse later this evening.

Before I do get 'bumped' I wanted to mention that I go to Steve's site @ CrimeBlog.US when this site goes 'amuck' and see where some here have posted the information from there here (at least it should be noted when doing so as to where the links were obtained)
I hope I dont keep getting booted off, I had DH go out and get me a medium Iced Mocha latte just so I could be wired tonight on here...I cant believe all this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay