***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly LE got video from the daily advertizer on bertrand drive between 12pm to 4am. Would it take this long for video to be found along her supposed route; or do you think it was 'called in as a tip'?

another update from KATC about volunteers reacting to arrest:

Latest Update Volunteers React To Arrest in Shunick Case
07/05/2012 10:59 PM by Steven Albritton
It was a day that started out like any other day at the Mickey Shunick Volunteer Center. That all changed when news came out that an arrest had been made in the case.
"This is a big day for us. This has been a long 47 days," Volunteer Margaret Bearb said.
People were getting the news through Facebook, phone calls and text messages. Bearb placed a prayer in a box a couple of days ago and attributes this news partially to prayer.
"That was I think the biggest moment. That feeling today when I got that phone call was because that petition was in there and it came true," Bearb said.
This evening will be one that volunteers say will be very difficult. The news of the arrest has them all very anxious for the 1 p.m. press conference.
"It's probably going to be a little bit frustrating you know just waiting. Probably a little bit of a sleepless night for a few of us," Volunteer and friend Ashley Says said.
A brand new YouTube video was also posted today to keep hope alive for Mickey. It's called "Calling All Angels." Beard says this video about a call to angels also led to the call that she received today.
"It went out, and no sooner then that thing went on to YouTube today is when we got the call," Bearb said.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

I am not so sure about the keeping the family informed part...it sounded like Charlie was as shocked as everyone else, when some others heard her on TV today...but I do think LE was on top of the case for weeks now.

TS was being kept informed by LE throughout all of this.

Speaking of forgiveness - I hope I'll be forgiven for:
1)Punching the gas pedal everytime I saw a patrol car hoping I'd get pulled over for speeding and create an opportunity to talk with the officer about the case - with little regard to the safety of other vehicles around me.
2) Filling out an online survey on LPD's website giving a biased opinion based on the handling of this case (so I thought and now know I was wrong), and using the comments section to tell them my thoughts.
I owe them a huge apology and I truly am sorry.
3) Circling around a white Chevy 4 door silver ado when I got home from work this afternoon and found him innocently cleaning the cement with a pressure washer, taking pictures of him, his truck and glaring at him through my apartment window until he finished his work and left.
4) Taking the family's comments about ACI and WS radio show personally and not being more understanding or accepting of their reasons for it.

This has been an emotional situation unlike anything I've ever encountered, but I am grateful for this forum and it's service to victims, families and concerned citizens.

Thanks guys!

this has definitely been tough on our emotions. if it weren't for the leaking of an arrest, i would have been on LE as well. don't beat yourself up about it. we all teeter tottered with blame that they were not doing enough to maybe they've got it all under control. it was hard - a very fine line to walk

"It has been an honor sleuthing with you all"! "Thanx for what you do"!
Sorry if I missed anyone...

5CentsWorth, 61Montcalm, all4justice, Allusonz, Amster, andalso, angelainwi, ashola_nola, aussie_girl88, Bacalla1a, bammy, BayouBelle_LA, BeginnersLuck, bellyup, BigIslandLady, Bonnie2487, Boudin, Buckeye lady, buhlue, byomoi, C.Hound, cajngrl02, Cajun Girl, cajuncatholicmama, CajunCoDe, CajunRagin, Calliboo, Carrington, Catchy kitty, chi-mama, ChitlinStrut, ChiTownLass, citylady, CJnashy, Clockwatcher84, cluciano63, CocoChanel, coeurfragile, Crawdaddy, crzimmer, designlove, distracted 1976, dontbringmedownbruce, dpc23, Dum-Dum Sucker, EGirl, Elisaa444, Elphaba, eyes2close, faith25, finishstrong, Fishin'chick, fitcraftyteach, fred&edna, Frenchbeaux, Frogzilla, Galbug, GateKeeper, Geauxfish77, GrannyA., GulfCoastKAT, heartfortruth, heidisams, HeinekenMan, humross, hydranc, imamaze, IMPondering, Indy Anna, inthesouth, Island hopper, Jbiggoose, JennMonkey, jessica-, Jkg005, jkmom, jujube, justwannahelp, kacilady, KateB, katydid23, kjnmom, Kkmontgo, koolmum, Kristie, kseal07, LadyL, Laffy Taffy, Lato, lenibugger, lettersinkanji, liltexans, Mahouston69, mamamia54, manlet, matou, mayqueen, meemonie, Mergatroid, mingo, Money Girl, MotherOcean, mspepper, Ms_Pants, Nandee63, nao, oddball62983, ohiolor, parker38, Patience, pendyjo, Pensfan, pharmchick, PineTree103, quueenie, redtoedfrog, reedus23, rillem, RT51, Scottsdale, Sincerely, skyone21, slander, slowlybutshelly, sonic_banana, Soulmagent, StacyMarie83, SteveP, SurfCity, SwampMama, SyraKelly, terrybelle, TGIRecovered, thetwins, tula, verot, Victory, WEsmom, whatsthatnoise, WhatsupAZ, WideOpen, Yoda, Zoe Bogart

Supposedly LE got video from the daily advertizer on bertrand drive between 12pm to 4am. Would it take this long for video to be found along her supposed route; or do you think it was 'called in as a tip'?

maybe they didn't think that was the direction they were looking and it took them that long to get to that particular vid?! It is crazy it took that long, unless the advertiser didn't know what they had until recently?!

Yep! And now we know why LE didn't investigate all of the WT's called into the tip line.

Actually, I am wondering if the DWT was the reason ACI was asked to back away as he'd already called and contacted the 3 white trucks matching the description in Lafayette. If LE and the PI knew at that time of this guys WT they probably didn't want to scare him off. And if they didn't know, ACI may have given them the idea to look for a match in area parishes.

What does Who Dat mean? I have a friend tat recently opened a Cajun themed restaurant called Who Dat's.

are you serious?? you really don't know? I'm naive so I can't ever tell if people are joking.

if you aren't it's for the Saints in NOLA. who dat who dat who dat say the gonna beat dem' Saints? Who dat?

it's for Who that

Don't apologise all of have felt and done these different points you make out. Its human nature to be suspicious, human nature to have an opinion and human nature to investigate and want to know.I did LOL at your first point hehehe

I only had 3 opportunities, and apparently they had bigger fish to fry! Thank you for the encouraging words and for your care and concern of Mickey and our community from half way across the world!

What does Who Dat mean? I have a friend tat recently opened a Cajun themed restaurant called Who Dat's.

who dat, who dat, who dat gonna beat them saints (am I right, that's coming from a bears fan lol) Saints football I do believe.

Actually, I am wondering if the DWT was the reason ACI was asked to back away as he'd already called and contacted the 3 white trucks matching the description in Lafayette. If LE and the PI knew at that time of this guys WT they probably didn't want to scare him off. And if they didn't know, ACI may have given them the idea to look for a match in area parishes.

they've been onto Brandon Scott Lavergne for about 6 weeks - ever since the police released the white truck. that's the reason they never asked for any more help with the truck. after it was released, they found out via a tip

"It has been an honor sleuthing with you all"! "Thanx for what you do"!
Sorry if I missed anyone...

5CentsWorth, 61Montcalm, all4justice, Allusonz, Amster, andalso, angelainwi, ashola_nola, aussie_girl88, Bacalla1a, bammy, BayouBelle_LA, BeginnersLuck, bellyup, BigIslandLady, Bonnie2487, Boudin, Buckeye lady, buhlue, byomoi, C.Hound, cajngrl02, Cajun Girl, cajuncatholicmama, CajunCoDe, CajunRagin, Calliboo, Carrington, Catchy kitty, chi-mama, ChitlinStrut, ChiTownLass, citylady, CJnashy, Clockwatcher84, cluciano63, CocoChanel, coeurfragile, Crawdaddy, crzimmer, designlove, distracted 1976, dontbringmedownbruce, dpc23, Dum-Dum Sucker, EGirl, Elisaa444, Elphaba, eyes2close, faith25, finishstrong, Fishin'chick, fitcraftyteach, fred&edna, Frenchbeaux, Frogzilla, Galbug, GateKeeper, Geauxfish77, GrannyA., GulfCoastKAT, heartfortruth, heidisams, HeinekenMan, humross, hydranc, imamaze, IMPondering, Indy Anna, inthesouth, Island hopper, Jbiggoose, JennMonkey, jessica-, Jkg005, jkmom, jujube, justwannahelp, kacilady, KateB, katydid23, kjnmom, Kkmontgo, koolmum, Kristie, kseal07, LadyL, Laffy Taffy, Lato, lenibugger, lettersinkanji, liltexans, Mahouston69, mamamia54, manlet, matou, mayqueen, meemonie, Mergatroid, mingo, Money Girl, MotherOcean, mspepper, Ms_Pants, Nandee63, nao, oddball62983, ohiolor, parker38, Patience, pendyjo, Pensfan, pharmchick, PineTree103, quueenie, redtoedfrog, reedus23, rillem, RT51, Scottsdale, Sincerely, skyone21, slander, slowlybutshelly, sonic_banana, Soulmagent, StacyMarie83, SteveP, SurfCity, SwampMama, SyraKelly, terrybelle, TGIRecovered, thetwins, tula, verot, Victory, WEsmom, whatsthatnoise, WhatsupAZ, WideOpen, Yoda, Zoe Bogart

Hope this doesnt mean you are going somewhere.
As we need people who can put together such great lists!

are you serious?? you really don't know? I'm naive so I can't ever tell if people are joking.

if you aren't it's for the Saints in NOLA. who dat who dat who dat say the gonna beat dem' Saints? Who dat?

it's for Who that

Who Dat? Atlanta Falcons, dat's who....LOL

who dat, who dat, who dat gonna beat them saints (am I right, that's coming from a bears fan lol) Saints football I do believe.

OOHHH I Hate DEM Who Dats..... This is coming from a long time Raiders fan.

Yes, you are correct.

Colloquially:

Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? :wink:

Forgive a little levity in such a sad time.

Who Dat is associated with the New Orleans Saints football team, but in reality it is the name of a song that was published years ago and was not originally associated with the Saints. When the Saints won the Superbowl, the NFL tried to lay dibs on the phrase claiming they owned it, but that didn't go over too well. The term is listed on Wikipedia, interesting story.

BTW, the people who live in Who Dat Nation are appropriately termed, 'Yat's', because we have a way of greeting each other with, 'wheryat'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip