***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused by this also. There are a couple of 143 Elaine addresses in the general area. I cannot figure out which one it is. Maybe his home was recently placed on that plot of land?

good point. you can move those trailers. so probably the one for sale is not his. it just may have been on that piece of property previously??

Thoughts and prayers with the Shunicks.

If they are holding out hope she's alive, I assume that no body has been found??? Or they just haven't been notified - the family seems to have been in the dark about much of this (or maybe who ever is running the FB site & deleting comments hasn't been told)?

i am confused about the addresses because last week when i googled 143 Elaine of Church Point, a trailer for sale came up. the trailer that the investigation is taking place at is not the same trailer that is for sale

I heard the KATC and KLFY broadcasts. Both say the Lavergne's trailer is in Swords, La. Not Church Point. Swords is a very small, unincorporated town. Does not even show on all maps. It lies west of Lawtell on US 190 near intersection with La Hwy 752.

I totally forgot that my uncle is a judge in the 15th Judicial District. I wonder if he'll tell me anything.

try him. maybe he will.

however, i think we will know alot more tomorrow at 1pm. i am so saddened by the murder charge. why did he do this?

what were his other charges besides the oral thing?

I am confused by this also. There are a couple of 143 Elaine addresses in the general area. I cannot figure out which one it is. Maybe his home was recently placed on that plot of land?

Trailer in Swords, La. Not Church Point.

I really don't want to be gross and graphic but may I ask those who know more about this stuff- ummm, if he's being charged with murder, does this mean that her body was THERE at his HOUSE? Since May 19th? Or that evidence of a murder was found? :maddening:

not necessarily... only that Mickey was last seen on her bike on the 19th and it is out of her nature to just vanish (not to mention I am sure they have much much more.. time frame is lining up for forensics to be back imhoo)

i believe he would take highway 90 to church point. i think you can get there via i10 as well, but 90 would be quicker. locals, is this correct??

There are several ways to go to Churchpoint from Lafayette I10W to HWY 90 N, or to Rayne and HWY 13 N, or I10 to I49North then backroads to CP. But if I am understanding correctly that he lived in Swords, the easiest was to me would be to take I10 to !49 to Opelousas, then west to Swords.

Same charges as Sierra...hoping they are both found...

It appears the three cases I have been following here have one thing in common: RSO (except AGT, who was charged).

Prayers go up to all of Mickey's loved ones. Way too sad.

good point. you can move those trailers. so probably the one for sale is not his. it just may have been on that piece of property previously??

That is what I think. I have been going through Google Earth and do not see his trailer/home and have been looking for the out buildings. The images are old so I think someone may have bought that home and moved it.

I knew that white truck was involved...just felt it so strongly. Hate that I likely drove everyone crazy looking for it!

I heard the KATC and KLFY broadcasts. Both say the Lavergne's trailer is in Swords, La. Not Church Point. Swords is a very small, unincorporated town. Does not even show on all maps. It lies west of Lawtell on US 190 near intersection with La Hwy 752.

thanks for clarifying

so what mappable city is it near?

Would Bertrand be a way to get out of town, heading up towards I-10?

Yes. Bertrand meets up with Ambassador Caffery and heads straight up to I-10 which is Exit 100. To go to Whiskey Bay, he would have headed east. To go to Lawtell, there are about 3-4 different ways to get there from the Ambassador Caffery exit.

I knew that white truck was involved...just felt it so strongly. Hate that I likely drove everyone crazy looking for it!

i'm still confused about the truck. so was the circle K truck his?

earlier in the thread tonight i read something about a Ford then possibly miabellas truck from city hall

bumping

I have scoured google maps in that area and just cannot find the aerial shot. :maddening:

glad his cell phone was seized.. hope he (sitting on hands by just saying "HE") had it with him on the 19th as well.

Hope it nails him.

And I hope he spills it.. what he did and where Mickey is.

Yeah.. I am pretty mad right now. (freaking understatement)

:furious:

I can only imagine what her poor family must feel. This is just horrible. I also hope all of you posters here who have been following Mickey's case are okay as well. This is not easy news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie