***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO Mickey was hit by BSL with DWT accidentally and possibly killed. BSL goes into panic mode due to past sex offenses, drives to WB dumps bike proceeds home with MS. BSL goes into debate on next step possibly *sorry to word it this way I Hate IT!* disposes of MS body elsewhere when he has enough time to contemplate the situation. I just hope he gets his.

It appears the three cases I have been following here have one thing in common: RSO (except AGT, who was charged).
:fence:
Prayers go up to all of Mickey's loved ones. Way too sad.

if they can't or won't keep them locked up then they should seriously consider some sort of hormone fix or snipping them or something. if i was a sex offender and knew i may not be asble to control my urges to harm another, i would want to be "fixed"

There are several ways to go to Churchpoint from Lafayette I10W to HWY 90 N, or to Rayne and HWY 13 N, or I10 to I49North then backroads to CP. But if I am understanding correctly that he lived in Swords, the easiest was to me would be to take I10 to !49 to Opelousas, then west to Swords.

This is incorrect. Highway 90 basically runs parallel to I-10 to Evangeline Thruway then heads south. Highway 13 heads north at I-10 from Crowley. The highway from Rayne that heads north to Church Point is Highway 35. Both Highway 13 and 35 run perpendicular to I-10.

I have scoured google maps in that area and just cannot find the aerial shot. :maddening:

From Lawtell go 4.5 miles west on US 190 to intersection with La Hwy 752. Swords is in that area.

MOO Mickey was hit by BSL with DWT accidentally and possibly killed. BSL goes into panic mode due to past sex offenses, drives to WB dumps bike proceeds home with MS. BSL goes into debate on next step possibly *sorry to word it this way I Hate IT!* disposes of MS body elsewhere when he has enough time to contemplate the situation. I just hope he gets his.

kidnapping and first degree murder charges....

From Lawtell go 4.5 miles west on US 190 to intersection with La Hwy 752. Swords is in that area.
Thanks crz, I meant the aerial of his trailer. Sorry for the confusion :)

a car accident is the better of the 2 possible scenarios. :(

Omg!! That is very near where all my fam (cousins aunts and uncles) live! I was there the weekend Mickey went missing (in CP not at the perps house obviously!)...I am SO creeped out.

I live between Church Point and Swords, and this just makes me sick!

My prayers are with Mickey and The Shunick family. So Sad!

As an animal lover, I'm so sad that her horses, piglet, and doggies will never see their "person" again. They must be so confused.

As a human being, words can't express what I feel for her parents, siblings, and friends. This girl had so much to offer the world. She could have gone on to be a phenomenal, well-published anthropologist after grad school, cycled across the US, and be a much more productive citizen than one scum named Brandon Scott Lavergne. Only the good die young, indeed.

Justice for Mickey, who had so much to offer society and shone like a bright light even in pics but whose light was snuffed out by this loser.

The jurisdiction is going to be important here. The arrest warrants clearly state that both crimes were committed in the 15th district.

glad his cell phone was seized.. hope he (sitting on hands by just saying "HE") had it with him on the 19th as well.

Hope it nails him.

And I hope he spills it.. what he did and where Mickey is.

Yeah.. I am pretty mad right now. (freaking understatement)

:furious:

I can only imagine what her poor family must feel. This is just horrible. I also hope all of you posters here who have been following Mickey's case are okay as well. This is not easy news to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone touched by this.

he looks like he's not too swift and that with enough interrogation, he will spill all.

I heard the KATC and KLFY broadcasts. Both say the Lavergne's trailer is in Swords, La. Not Church Point. Swords is a very small, unincorporated town. Does not even show on all maps. It lies west of Lawtell on US 190 near intersection with La Hwy 752.

I posted this earlier but maybe you missed it.

Here's a link to a map showing the area.

http://mapq.st/M8awfn

I don't buy for a minute that this RSO "accidentally" hit her and got scared & took the body away. This charge is 1st degree murder, that accident scenario, I would think would be second degree, but that's not why I don't believe it.

Bull**** that this was an accident (although I bet he's trying to spin it that way)-he saw an opportunity, bumped her on her bike, and either offered to give her a ride home or to the hospital or subdued her then took her and god knows what awful stuff he did to her before killing her.

I hope there aren't other women & girls he's killed. I want him checked in connection with every missing woman & girl and any unsolved murders of women & girls all over south Louisiana- particularly between the Church Point area & Gretna.

I just read where they charged him with first degree murder. God rest Mickey's soul.

The arrest warrant says the arrest location was Elaine in Church Point.
The St. Landry Parish SO was searching the trailer. Church Point is in Acadia Parish. Swords is in St. Landry and so is Lawtell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie