***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an argument that instead of the officer in the press release saying "white four door truck" he said "white Ford truck..." but I'm pretty sure it was white four door truck as that is what the media transcribed, who were present at the press release.

Ah ok. Yes the vehicle on the surveillance was indeed a white chevy pickup. I work for a dealership as a technician and could spot that truck down to the rims even with grainy footage. A friend of mine also mentioned to me earlier that she knew BSL he was engaged to one of her friends! Needless to say her friend had a 2 year old son at the time and is freaked out over this!

If today is the first time LE went out to the house to search, they must not have been able to get a warrant before now, IMO, or you would think they would have gone as soon as possible in case she was alive. I wonder if we would have heard if LE had been out there prior to today.

i don't think they are the same brandons. if they aren't, i feel really badly for this other non criminal brandon. their bdays are different

A couple months back there was a guy on the news who got busted for kiddie *advertiser censored*. The name grabbed my attention right away. We have a friend with the same first and last name, and same age as this guy! There was no picture....so I go to our friend's FB which is FLOODED with people "joking" about it. He was PISSED! Finally, they put out a pic of the guy.

Unless I am looking at it wrong, all of the recent "Find Mickey" posts on Charlie's own page are gone...they were there an hour or two ago...:(

first post. i'm so, so upset. been following the case from the beginning and, obviously, was hoping she'd be found alive.

on bsl's myspace it looks like he was/is married. so is the person that was talking a gf or a wife??? it's crazy how different he looks on there as opposed to his mugshots too.

Welcome to WS, rillem.

so sad wrong place wrong time, sadly BW will probally never forgive himself for letting her ride home

Ah ok. Yes the vehicle on the surveillance was indeed a white chevy pickup. I work for a dealership as a technician and could spot that truck down to the rims even with grainy footage. A friend of mine also mentioned to me earlier that she knew BSL he was engaged to one of her friends! Needless to say her friend had a 2 year old son at the time and is freaked out over this!

That girl has two kids, according to her brother, and at first was defending him on the charges that got him registered as a sex offender. The brother was quoted saying he was worried for his sister and her kids. Hopefully her eyes have been opened.

So heartbroken for the Shunicks, for sweet Mickey, for my community. Speechless right now. I have the deepest hope that prison is his worst nightmare and yet, I feel that after tomorrow it will be the safest place for him to be.

You know, this is my first case and I'm NOT ok. I started following it so closely because I love Lafayette and felt a love for Mickey, like so many others. Sometimes there aren't words for why people touch you so deeply. I'm so devastated and heart broken at the injustice of it all. I hate that there is so much cruelty and ugliness in this world. I hate that I have to be so fearful of people like BSL because I have a precious child, too.

I feel so heart broken for her momma and daddy and her family and friends, for Lafayette and for Louisiana.

I know how you feel. I came here for Kelli Bordeaux (who is still missing) and quickly found this case and have followed it since thread one. It is the reason I finally stopped lurking and joined. Probably much like you. Unfortunately, there are and will be others that need your compassion and dedication as well. There is nothing we can do for Mickey now except pray that she is in a better place and pray for her family and friends. For all the others that will need a voice, I intend to stay here, and hope that you will too.

Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton confirms Brandon Lavergne's murder and kidnapping charges are connected to Mickey Shunick's case. This is the only information he'll confirm, and he'll release more information during a 1:00 news conference tomorrow.
KATC Facebook

Unless I am looking at it wrong, all of the recent "Find Mickey" posts on Charlie's own page are gone...they were there an hour or two ago...:(

I noticed this also. This, more than the arrest, makes me very sad by what it may suggest.

Yeah I'm not sure but that statement that they just got the video footage from TDA today really bothers me! hello why so many weeks later? Why wasn't it checked before now? Huh? makes no sense.

Maybe they found out some new info when they brought him in for questioning?

Don't know. News definitely said Swords. I saw Swords in the text press release, too. Don't know if it was Daily Advertiser.

Also, I believe Swords in not incorporated. So, the official address maybe be Church Point.

I have not found the trailer, though. So..........

The addresses are weird out here. My father lived on one side of Hwy 95 he had a Church Point address, and my Grandfather lived on the other side of 95 he had a Eunice address and they both lived in Acadia Parish. The line for St. Landry Parish was a few houses down where my aunt and uncle lived.
It gets really confusing, you can live in one parish and have an address in another.

We're not certain those are his pages. I think he could have looked like that four years ago, but the DOB is different from what's on the RSO page. That doesn't prove anything, really, but to play it safe, we're not going to post the links unless we can confirm it's him.

I'm a little dubious of the claim that those links are really him, strictly based on appearance. RSO mugshots of BSL depict a pretty stout, stocky guy, whereas the links show a more slight-of-frame guy.

Not convinced.

so why a 1pm presser? is an arraignment scheduled for before that tomorrow??

I am thinking this is largely based on video and forensics at this point.. just my two cents.

Nurse,someone else posted it may be a way to allow the family some time to process this horrible news. Mickey has been in the hearts of so many as evident in the many new members that have joined here as well. Honestly,I have been moved by all the new members. Just so lost for words, what a beautiful aura and spirit.

First Sierra Lamar & now Mickey Schunick; both innocent victims of stranger sexual predators..so sad..

Less than One Percent of Missing Persons Abducted by Strangers... "My Buttocks"

http://crimeinamerica.net/2010/04/20/missing-persons-aducted-by-strangers/

Apr 20, 2010 – No one is suggesting that stranger abductions do not deserve their fair ... the FBI don't always contain the circumstances of the missing person.
read more-

The arrest warrants say it's for a capitol case: (look at the bottom of the murder warrant it says "NO BOND - CAPITAL CASE"

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19164975.PDF

So the law mentioning that if the DA seeks capital verdict doesn't mean we have to wait until a verdict is made by the jury? I was assuming a case is a case until a verdict is made. Obviously I am in business not related to criminal justice, eh?

First Sierra Lamar & now Mickey Schunick; both innocent victims of stranger sexual predators..so sad..

Less than One Percent of Missing Persons Abducted by Strangers... "My Buttocks"

crimeinamerica.net/2010/04/.../missing-persons-aducted-by-strangers...

Apr 20, 2010 – No one is suggesting that stranger abductions do not deserve their fair ... the FBI don't always contain the circumstances of the missing person.

Sherry Arnold, too, was kidnapped and killed by strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u3499