***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, a few questions.

I may have known the Perp. I'd love to know what auto dealership he went to.

I used to work at a dealership in Lafayette years ago called Alpha Automobiles. A couple people with the last name of Lavergne came in to buy a car, we ended up selling them an old chevy tahoe. Anyways, their credit check didn't come through, so as a curtesy, I drove a younger male "Lavergne" and elderly "Lavergne" back to their home... north to Opelousas, and west to the back country wherever their home was...

It was down a dirt road, and looked SO similar to that home in the pictures right now.

I don't know if this guy was the same guy that I sold the car to his father... but if it was... I mean, my hair is standing on end right now. The place matches, the name matches... anyone know anything about this guys family? Does he have a few "slow" people in it? Maybe a brother, a father? They seemed rather uneducated and a little unnerving... the whole experience at the time was one of the creepiest drives I've ever made.

"It has been an honor sleuthing with you all"! "Thanx for what you do"!
Sorry if I missed anyone...

5CentsWorth, 61Montcalm, all4justice, Allusonz, Amster, andalso, angelainwi, ashola_nola, aussie_girl88, Bacalla1a, bammy, BayouBelle_LA, BeginnersLuck, bellyup, BigIslandLady, Bonnie2487, Boudin, Buckeye lady, buhlue, byomoi, C.Hound, cajngrl02, Cajun Girl, cajuncatholicmama, CajunCoDe, CajunRagin, Calliboo, Carrington, Catchy kitty, chi-mama, ChitlinStrut, ChiTownLass, citylady, CJnashy, Clockwatcher84, cluciano63, CocoChanel, coeurfragile, Crawdaddy, crzimmer, designlove, distracted 1976, dontbringmedownbruce, dpc23, Dum-Dum Sucker, EGirl, Elisaa444, Elphaba, eyes2close, faith25, finishstrong, Fishin'chick, fitcraftyteach, fred&edna, Frenchbeaux, Frogzilla, Galbug, GateKeeper, Geauxfish77, GrannyA., GulfCoastKAT, heartfortruth, heidisams, HeinekenMan, humross, hydranc, imamaze, IMPondering, Indy Anna, inthesouth, Island hopper, Jbiggoose, JennMonkey, jessica-, Jkg005, jkmom, jujube, justwannahelp, kacilady, KateB, katydid23, kjnmom, Kkmontgo, koolmum, Kristie, kseal07, LadyL, Laffy Taffy, Lato, lenibugger, lettersinkanji, liltexans, Mahouston69, mamamia54, manlet, matou, mayqueen, meemonie, Mergatroid, mingo, Money Girl, MotherOcean, mspepper, Ms_Pants, Nandee63, nao, oddball62983, ohiolor, parker38, Patience, pendyjo, Pensfan, pharmchick, PineTree103, quueenie, redtoedfrog, reedus23, rillem, RT51, Scottsdale, Sincerely, skyone21, slander, slowlybutshelly, sonic_banana, Soulmagent, StacyMarie83, SteveP, SurfCity, SwampMama, SyraKelly, terrybelle, TGIRecovered, thetwins, tula, verot, Victory, WEsmom, whatsthatnoise, WhatsupAZ, WideOpen, Yoda, Zoe Bogart

Ditto Foxfire. As I don't know any of my fellow sleuthers, it feels as though we have come to know each others personalities and have shared a lot of ups and downs-this definitely being the worst.. Oddly enough, I am going to miss logging on and seeing the same members that were here day in and day out.
Somewhere in my fantasyland I pictured Mickey coming home and the community having a huge welcome home party for her and all of us sleuthers would be right there in the middle of it all!!
Praying for Mickey....

Foxfire, i am glad to have had you as a fellow sleuther as well. You have been VERY informative throughout this investigation with the profile info. thanks!

I used to work at a dealership in Lafayette years ago called Alpha Automobiles. A couple people with the last name of Lavergne came in to buy a car, we ended up selling them an old chevy tahoe. Anyways, their credit check didn't come through, so as a curtesy, I drove a younger male "Lavergne" and elderly "Lavergne" back to their home... north to Opelousas, and west to the back country wherever their home was...

It was down a dirt road, and looked SO similar to that home in the pictures right now.

I don't know if this guy was the same guy that I sold the car to his father... but if it was... I mean, my hair is standing on end right now. The place matches, the name matches... anyone know anything about this guys family? Does he have a few "slow" people in it? Maybe a brother, a father? They seemed rather uneducated and a little unnerving... the whole experience at the time was one of the creepiest drives I've ever made.

That's spooky.

All I know is the dealership was on Johnston, not much of a help, right? Alpha's on Johnston, though.

omg how creepy if it was and luckily if it was u are safe.

By the way, I know that whole area. I lived in BR and Lafayette, and did a lot of work all over Opelousas and the surrounding communities. I've worked in various sales positions. I've also met Mickey before, only briefly though. I really have invested myself in this case because friends of hers are very good friends of mine.

Anyway, I'd love to know more about A) What dealership he went to, and B) His family. I really, really think I've been to that home before.

That's spooky.

All I know is the dealership was on Johnston, not much of a help, right?

There are a lot of dealerships on Johnston. That being said, Alpha is indeed on Johnston. I wonder if he went back to the same dearlship that we sold his father a car...

Speaking of forgiveness - I hope I'll be forgiven for:
1)Punching the gas pedal everytime I saw a patrol car hoping I'd get pulled over for speeding and create an opportunity to talk with the officer about the case - with little regard to the safety of other vehicles around me.
2) Filling out an online survey on LPD's website giving a biased opinion based on the handling of this case (so I thought and now know I was wrong), and using the comments section to tell them my thoughts.
I owe them a huge apology and I truly am sorry.
3) Circling around a white Chevy 4 door silver ado when I got home from work this afternoon and found him innocently cleaning the cement with a pressure washer, taking pictures of him, his truck and glaring at him through my apartment window until he finished his work and left.
4) Taking the family's comments about ACI and WS radio show personally and not being more understanding or accepting of their reasons for it.

This has been an emotional situation unlike anything I've ever encountered, but I am grateful for this forum and it's service to victims, families and concerned citizens.

Thanks guys!

Love the #3. I am hundreds of miles away but have done the same thing. I staked out a similar white truck at a local car dealership (had LA plates) and followed the guy to a restaurant where I stared at him like he was a murderer. Took a bunch of pics in spite of people looking at me like I was crazy!

omg how creepy if it was and luckily if it was u are safe.

You have NO idea how creepy the drive was... and the guy really looks like him, but memory is fleeting. If it is him, he didn't seem nefarious... just... unnerving, you know? Like he was a little "Not all there" in the head. But it might not have been him, might have been a related lavergne. However, the house location matches. I had to drive all the way north to Opolousas, and then west about 6 miles through some back country **** to get to a doublewide looking house like that.

Even if they knew the identity of the truck right away they would still need people to report sightings of it. For one, every sighting could lead to additional evidence and also, to a body if that is the outcome.

If they told us early on that the truck was identified most of us would have stopped paying attention to it.

Yes, hindsight is 20/20, LOL!

I don't think we will get much in the way of details tomorrow; maybe a bit about how it came about that they found this guy, and a maybe, a tiny bit of the kind of evidence they have. I am thinking it will be kind of like Sierra's case, where LE assures the public they have the right person, but don't tell us much about why. JMO

Little on the "who Dat" is a language spoken in New Orleans taken from "Yat" as in "where y'at?"... It REALLY IS a form of the Hoboken, Jersey, Bronx accent with a "southern twist" made famous in a book "Confederacy of Dunces" which is suppose to be made into a movie. Every time they have tried to make it...the lead actor has succumbed to death (John Belushi, John Candy, Chris Farley) then when funding was available & a "live one was found (John Goodman) Katrina came a'calling & hauling...so now it's STILL being looked at but they want Will Ferrell (I see Jack Black)...sorry off the subject but felt the need to lighten the mood a little with useless trivia.

I saw the play, Confederacy of Dunces, in New Orleans at the Sanger Theater years ago. It was awesome. At the end the cast did a tribute to John Kennedy Toole, the writer; they were all on stage and held up a very large portrait of him. It was beautiful.

I saw the play, Confederacy of Dunces, in New Orleans at the Sanger Theater years ago. It was awesome. At the end the cast did a tribute to John Kennedy Toole, the writer; they were all on stage and held up a very large portrait of him. It was beautiful.

Rumor is Zach Galafanakis is to play the lead role. Perfect Ignacious O'Reilly!

Maybe this is the smoking gun:

>>Early Thursday, Lafayette police officer Kyle Manceaux obtained surveillance video footage from The Daily Advertiser. The footage included views of Bertrand Drive between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m. on May 19. The police department would not confirm whether the footage was related to the arrest.<<
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...S04/120705038/Arrest-made-Mickey-Shunick-case

Does anyone know if it was video of Mickey on her bike or just the truck?

he served in the military for a couple of years. not that that makes him any less strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSI1005