***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree! It's time the laws change that protects these monsters. I really want to know what I can do to help. If you get any info as to what we can do, please let me know.

This BS has GOT TO STOP.

Lavergne served 8 years of a 10 year prison sentence. He was registered as a sex offender. What change to laws would you make?

I have the Affidavit saved to my computer.
These are two screen shots I have taken.
It seems to me he confessed.
JMO though
I keep seeing that being talked about and unless I'm reading the warrants wrong, they don't indicate he confessed. They indicate that the detective deposed in front of the judge asserting that BSL committed the crimes.

New update from CS on the FMSN FB page:

Charlene Shunick
We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes from the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME!

Been lurking but after reading this, my fear last night last night and like others here have been saying is probably true, they have no body. IMO the family would already know of the body being recovered and imo CS would of posted a more generic response

Map per Old Steve's request

For those of you not from the area, I thought I would do a little informative explanation of the locations here:

GquH1.png

MS Was last seen roughly where that red dot is. The line is Johnston St, where there are a string of car dealerships. I'd LOVE to know what one he went to, because as I mentioned before, I sold a car to the father of a guy that looks like him whose last name was Lavergne, and had to drive them both back north to Opelousas, then 6 miles or so west... Pretty much exactly where this guy lives. I am almost 100% positive that I was in the car with this guy for an hour getting him back to his house with his father.

That big red circle is the Atchafalaya river basin. The bridge of I-10, crossing through that circle, is the 14th longest in the world. Its literally 35 miles of swamp that you are crossing over. There are a few exits, where people like to fish all the time. You pass there when you want to go to Baton Rouge. Whiskey Bay seems a likely "First thought" place to hide something that you dont want found. Quite surprised the bike was even found, dude must not have done a good job of hiding it.

The area where he lives? West of Opelousas... Honestly, its territory that nobody really knows what goes on. Everyone sticks to themselves, extremely rural, very dirt road back country area... wouldnt surprise me to think that he could have brought her there and nobody would have even had a clue.

I have the Affidavit saved to my computer.
These are two screen shots I have taken.
It seems to me he confessed.
JMO though

I think it is just saying Det. Stephen Bajat says that one Brandon Scott Lavergne did commit...not that Brandon Lavergne says he committed.

So technically he could have been preying on women for the past 4 years. Guess incarceration did nothing. Which is most often the case. There has to be another way to deal with these people. Perhaps all he did learn was try and ensure his next victim/s would never be able to testify. So sad all these cases......sigh.

My bolding: I think with these type of offenders that the only answer is to lock them up and throw away the key, no parole, period. They just can not control themselves and shouldn't be allowed back out into society. jmo

Deputies in San Jacinto County in Texas tell us they found a burned out white pick-up truck in their county on June 14th. They tell us Lafayette Police are investigating it in relation to Mickey Shunick's disappearance. San Jacinto County is approximately an hour's drive north from Houston, Tx.

from KATC's FB

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

SHUNICK INVESTIGATION UPDATE: The Sheriff's Department in San Jacinto County, Texas confirms to TV-10 that a white pick-up truck, matching the description in the Shunick disappearance, was found burned in their county on June 14th. They tell us the truck is involved in an investigation here in Lafayette.

from KLFY's FB

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10
Wow, if half of what i've read about this guy is true, the truck, the fires, etc., maybe, just maybe they've taken a serial perp off the streets. I know i'm getting ahead of myself, but i'd like to think that something good came out of this nightmare.

here is the link to the thread that will open shortly before the presser (I have also bumped it back up to the top)

Mickey Shunick Live Stream Link for 7-6-12 PC - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nurse---Is this where we are to post at during the press conference then? Or is there going to be a new thread created before the press conference because we're already on page 55 and I'm sure its going to be busy? Just wondering where to go to get updates as I'm not local and can't watch at work. Thanks.

Agree! It's time the laws change that protects these monsters. I really want to know what I can do to help. If you get any info as to what we can do, please let me know.

This BS has GOT TO STOP.

It really does! These vermin cant be let back on the streets to kill our children!
One strike and yer out!

Ummm they put an anke monitor on MARTHA STEWART and LINDSEY LOHAN but not on men that kill women and children!
Go figure!

Nurse---Is this where we are to post at during the press conference then? Or is there going to be a new thread created before the press conference because we're already on page 55 and I'm sure its going to be busy? Just wondering where to go to get updates as I'm not local and can't watch at work. Thanks.

bbm: yes

we will open the doors there shortly before it begins.

New update from CS on the FMSN FB page:

Charlene Shunick
We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes from the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME!
Hey THANK YOU! So beautifully said,....and so appreciated!

I have the same sentiments as many regarding the billboard but wish they would take it down and replace it with a statement of support for the Shunicks. There still has to be a trial and I would bet any decent lawyer would use stuff like that in defending his client....i.e. can't get a fair trial as minds were made up before any evidence was presented. Just don't want anything to screw up the perp spending the rest of his life in a very unpleasant place. JMO

Why would she say that? You'd think the police would inform her family if she was dead or alive, before going public about it, right?

Probably because there is no body. Until they see her with their own eyes, they will continue to hold out hope that she is alive. That's what we as humans do. We hope. Thank y'all for being so welcoming to us locals, and for all the support. I think I may just stick around:rollercoaster:

If he has a girlfriend that stays with him sometimes would he use his home as a place where he takes his victims? if he is intelligent like some people say he is (although the auto dealer thing doesn't make him sound so, and possibly running someone down with your car so their is evidence also doesn't make him sound so) you'd think he wouldn't bring them back home in case he was searched, especially since he is a RSO and he has been accused in at least one other case before. so is there somewhere else he would have taken his victim(s)? surely he wouldn't have been able to do all this in his truck? do you think they've found this possible 2nd location?

all MOO and trying to make sense of this

Maybe they found Mickey's dna in his truck. Wonder if the suspect has a separate hunting property or cabin, or barn or shed on his property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne