ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to all this mental illness discussion in this case? If it is just speculation that is fine but you need to state it as such in your posts when doing this and it cannot get too carried away...

this lands at random

what does this lands at random
mean?

I feel strongly about that as well. They should be locked away, throw away the key, end of. But, it doesn't stop me from feeling empathy. It could happen to any of us...who is to say what lurks in the brain that could someday go off?

There are days I suspect I am terrifyingly close to that switch myself.

And then, thank G*d, I get some rest, or a coffee, and regroup, and grateful I am still relatively sane. At least for another day.

It is heartbreaking to think of a mind eaten away with disease, but as cruel as it seems, I do not want some of these people to ever have a chance to hurt people I love.

I am mostly referring to pedophiles, rapists, as I am a mom first, regular person second. Lol.

I remember reading - if anyone has the link? - about his family saying he'd done something to hurt them a long time ago and they haven't been in contact since. It's hard to form an opinion without having any idea what that "something" was or what LRM was like when still in contact with his family. I agree, it's horrible to abandon your own child, but we need more information. Maybe LRM killed a family pet, or really did set a house on fire (I did find a blogspot post made by LRM about being a pyromaniac). We just don't know.

"He hurt us when he was younger and we haven't been in contact with him in a while. We heard about all of this on the news, and then the police called and asked us to let them know if he calls us," the relative
said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...otta-suspected-canadian-killer_n_1564298.html

I also think that when we think in terms of him 'hurting' his family, we think about something violent, like starting a fire or killing a pet. While I have no doubt that incidents like that have occurred, the family might not have 'caught' on to those things and may be referring to other hurts.

Specifically, I'm referring to all his 'stories' on the internet. He claimed to have had sex with his father's new wife (stepmother), his maternal aunt, and his sister if the writings are proven to be his. He said his mother abused him and his father was an addict etc. etc. (again, if the writings are really his).

With his history of fraud, I also wonder if he stole from and cheated his own family. Scratch that - I don't wonder - I believe he probably did. He most likely took his own mother on vacation with stolen funds and it wouldn't surprise me if he defrauded other family members (or even her!) to do it.

JMO.

Does anyone have a link to all this mental illness discussion in this case? If it is just speculation that is fine but you need to state it as such in your posts when doing this and it cannot get too carried away...

this lands at random

My bad. I thought it was already stated that LM had a psych eval and was suffering from mental illness and would use that at trial. But now I see that it was just speculation.

I was confused and I apologize, Nurse.

My bad. I thought it was already stated that LM had a psych eval and was suffering from mental illness and would use that at trial. But now I see that it was just speculation.

I was confused and I apologize, Nurse.

if there is a link stating this that is fine...

I am just trying to wade thru all the posts where people were arguing with one another and trying to get you guys back on track

My point was that I am not an idiot and do not need to be preached to about mental illness being a disease.

But that does not mean that I have to class mentally ill people with murderous tendencies in the same group as people dying from cancer! My mother died of cancer and I would never have thought her a threat to my children. Or anyone else.

The statement was that people need to get it thru their heads that mental illness is a disease like cancer. Wrong.

It is a disease. But it's apples and oranges.

You are correct in that it is apples and oranges... just like breast cancer is to apples or liver cancer is to oranges... both are still cancer (disease) but their method of treatment and the parts of the body are different.

The same is true for mental illness. Schizophrenia is treated differently than borderline personality disorder... Bipolar I is treated differently than bipolar II... ALL are diseases that impact a person's life and health.

The same is true for sane & insane criminals... we should not place a mentally unstable person into general population (or back on the street without proper care... but we do anyway)... nor should we place a stable person into a mental facility... all of those circumstances would be dangerous.

For those curious as to what the interrogation of Magnotta might include [or have included], Global News has an interesting Q&A with a former homicide investigator and CEO of private investigative training firm about the interview process and how it may play out for Magnotta.

Q&A: Will Magnotta's interrogation lead to a confession?

http://www.globalregina.com/qampa+will+magnottas+interrogation+lead+to+a+confession/6442664416/story.html

Thanks for that. Good article!

For those curious as to what the interrogation of Magnotta might include [or have included], Global News has an interesting Q&A with a former homicide investigator and CEO of private investigative training firm about the interview process and how it may play out for Magnotta.

Q&A: Will Magnotta's interrogation lead to a confession?

http://www.globalregina.com/qampa+will+magnottas+interrogation+lead+to+a+confession/6442664416/story.html

"Dave Perry: Quite frankly, they shouldn’t be interrogating this gentleman or anybody else.

Dave Perry: The Reid Technique shouldn’t be used in Canada. Statements that are being obtained using [it] are starting to be challenged and successfully defeated in courts because the technique is too oppressive.

What I did as a homicide investigator was to use a rapport-based system. We spend a lot of time talking to the individual, trying to find some common ground and develop some kind of bond and get the person to cooperate."

Smart man that Dave Perry is. :)

Magnotta’s lawyer, Pierre Panaccio, may ask for a psychiatric evaluation to be performed on his client. That motion would be discussed in Magnotta’s next court appearance, also via video link, on Thursday.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...e-murder-will-undergo-psychiatric-evaluation/

so there we have it on the psych eval.

As for talking about if this guy is any shade of mentally ill make sure you include that in your post that it is your opinion/speculation.

This seems to be a defense tactic imhoo and may go over like a lead balloon especially if he has a personality disorder :moo:

if there is a link stating this that is fine...

I am just trying to wade thru all the posts where people were arguing with one another and trying to get you guys back on track

No, you're right. There isn't any actual statement that LM is mentally ill; just speculation. It seemed common knowledge and I jumped on just assuming. And you know what they say when you assume......:rofl:

I keep going back to look at these pictures, to try to see what you are seeing, but honestly, I do not. What I see is no affect at all. Just a blank, sedated look. His face is a blank mask.

All I keep seeing is his markedly blemished skin, and then his horrendously dyed black eyebrows. In regards to the former, he is probably beside himself that he can't get concealer to hide his 'flaws' - or dye for his brows, for that matter, any time in the near future. Just look at his plasticine appearance (I won't even say anything about the baby-pink lip gloss) in his 'modelling' ( :sick: ) photos - he's a mess and he knows it :notgood:.

this lands at random

LRM's have been linked previously waaaayyyy back and numerous times...

IMO the majority of us have read those links & posts and are now discussing our theories regarding the components and effects it will have on trail & potential sentencing.

I can't speak for all of us but I'd say it is a pretty fair assumption that many of us are eagerly awaiting the complete psych evaluations.

I am also concerned with educating & understanding the difference between diagnosed sanity & insanity so we don't end up with outrage a la CMA flashbacks... (IMO... TOTALLY different psychological makeup between those two)

this lands at random

There are so many links with Luka and psychiatrists. I only grabbed a couple for you!
1. Luka Rocco Magnotta arrested in Berlin - Montreal Gazette
www.montrealgazette.com/life/Luka+Rocco+Magnotta.../story.htmlCached
Jun 4, 2012 – A psychiatrist says Luka Magnotta's pattern is similar to that of a serial killer who commits smaller acts before his behaviour escalates.

1. Luka Rocco Magnotta may do it again, warns psychiatrist who ...
www.vancouversun.com/.../Luka...Magnotta...psychiatrist.../story.ht...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...e-murder-will-undergo-psychiatric-evaluation/

so there we have it on the psych eval.

As for talking about if this guy is any shade of mentally ill make sure you include that in your post that it is your opinion/speculation.

This seems to be a defense tactic imhoo and may go over like a lead balloon especially if he has a personality disorder :moo:
"Magnotta’s lawyer, Pierre Panaccio, may ask for a psychiatric evaluation to be performed on his client. That motion would be discussed in Magnotta’s next court appearance, also via video link, on Thursday. "

<modsnip>

From the National Post:

&#8216;He&#8217;s not famous for the right reasons&#8217;: Police say they&#8217;ve got to keep Luka Rocco Magnotta &#8216;infamous&#8217;

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/19/luka-rocca-magnotta-trial/

Judging from the abundant record he amassed on the Internet, Luka Rocca Magnotta&#8217;s adult life has been, up until now, one uninterrupted crusade for fame.

Model, *advertiser censored* star, purported boyfriend of schoolgirl murderer Karla Homolka, possible white supremacist, suspected kitten killer &#8212; Mr. Magnotta craved attention and was ready to shock to get it, but he had never really amounted to more than a drop in the online sea.

Commander Ian Lafrenière of the Montreal police said reports that Mr. Magnotta had been co-operating with police investigators since his return were exaggerated. &#8220;Put it this way, we don&#8217;t know where the head is,&#8221; he said.

An air force plane was required because commercial airlines refused to transport Mr. Magnotta, Cmdr. Lafrenière said. And the attempt to whisk the suspect secretly from airport to police station was an attempt to avoid a media circus.

&#8220;We&#8217;ve got to keep this person infamous,&#8221; he said. &#8220;He&#8217;s not famous for the right reasons. He&#8217;s infamous.&#8221;

All I keep seeing is his markedly blemished skin, and then his horrendously dyed black eyebrows. In regards to the former, he is probably beside himself that he can't get concealer to hide his 'flaws' - or dye for his brows, for that matter, any time in the near future. Just look at his plasticine appearance (I won't even say anything about the baby-pink lip gloss) in his 'modelling' ( :sick: ) photos - he's a mess and he knows it :notgood:.
Tis amazing what makeup does huh cause boy when the mug shot first hi I was like did they get the right guy!

If you can't link it don't post it.
if you alert on a post don't quote it and respond to it.

You guys need to knock it off. There are a few of you that insist on going at each other consistently and regularly throughout the threads. We can see the passive aggressive attacks and sometimes outright aggressive agressive attacks.It gets tiresome and really produces no constructive discussion.

stop and this is the final warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member