ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh good i thin kwe should be able to see it! The notion of tainted jury pool is way passed imo huh?

No. There are no cameras allowed in Canadian court rooms. As to your second point, here is a quote from one of the Crown attorneys handling the case:

"When asked about a potential jury, Bouthillier said he's not concerned about finding impartial jurors.

"Juries have been handling tough matters in this country for hundreds of years and I fail to see why they couldn't handle [this]," he said."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/06/19/luka-magnotta-court-appearance.html

HastingsChi, thanks so much for sharing your story. You are brave. It sounds like you have an amazing family. I think a successful intervention is very difficult. Eating disorders and BDD have got to be two of the toughest things to get past. I also have experience, firsthand, with both of them. You are right, it gets better, but it is always a struggle not to fall back. I recently realized how skinny I must have been when I was at my sickest. My son is very thin (naturally....he is healthy).....but I realized when I was at a low mentally and weight-wise I was 4 or 5 inches taller and weighed less that he does. It was a bit shocking. I think that is when I realized how bad my BDD was. That was many years ago....I am very grateful to be able to say I am much healthier. But there is no doubt, with body dystrophic disorder, when you look in the mirror you are not seeing reality.

Thank you Susan for your thoughtful comments, I appreciate them more than you know.

I shared that to potentially help people better understand the issue of BDD (as it was a topic of discussion related to Magnotta earlier today) and the impact it has on an individual; and potentially demonstrate the seriousness of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD). After I was successful at getting it under control and was in a position as an athlete to share my story in various media outlets, the really hard part was visiting with children in the hospital because of anorexia and BDD whose parents had connected to me through journalists.

More importantly congratulations to you for getting the issues you mentioned under control and living a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you again.

I enjoy snarky dopiness. It makes me giggle :Banane13:

Me, too, BorgQueen. Your posts make me giggle, too. On a serious note, it really stinks to find out who your friends are not. Tough times can do that pretty quickly. Having a kid shouldn't. I hope I an expressing myself clearly. Hugs to you!

Thanks BorgQueen.

I too find it important and interesting to read how this case is covered by publications which allow us to better understand the perspectives of different cultures and more greatly appreciate the global patchwork of diversity that is our connected world.

Indeed, it is interesting and important.

I have heard (with no links to back it up, so I am unsure of how accurate it is) that many in China see this as a hate crime. This makes me sad. That is NOT Canada! Lin Jun, and others, are welcome here. He reportedly came here to start a new life, to improve himself, and find love. He should have been able to do that, but one individual took that away from him. It is horrible. This should have been the right place for him to live his dream, whatever that may have been. I understand how potential immigrants would be hesitant to come here because of this, but it is, overall, a lovely country with lovely people and many opportunities. It is heartbreaking that this happened, and the fear it has raised.

Learning the perspective of other cultures can and will help in understanding and properly dealing with this.

And now that I have rambled for a bit, and possibly ceased to make sense, I will just assume you know what I mean and stop talking... for now :seeya:

If this was posted, I missed it...

http://video.thelondoner.ca/video/n...-family-of-luka-magnotta/1665681705001/page/3

The neighbors hadn't heard of LM in 12 years of living next door to his family? Wow.

first of all I think it's really sick the reporters are hanging around outside his mothers home.Like he said there are 3 innocent teenage kids living there that have nothing to do with this stuff and are going through enough already without reporters outside of their doors.
Secondly,I think it's really telling his mother was just able to cut him off like that.I keep thinking about the myspace he made in her name and the "kitty" picture "why do you have to be so mean?' i'm sure a lot of the answers on why Luka became the Monster we see now lies in their relationship.Why did his grandma raise him?

Actually, it has not been proven that the act of sodomy was simulated; from the camera angle the viewer cannot tell is there is penetration.

Additionally, at one point in the video the killer uses part of the deceased victim on his own exposed genitals.

When I watched the vid, I didn't see any exposed genitals, while the camera angle and actions suggest he is using the deceased person's body parts to masturbate, I don't think anyone can proof positive say there was definitive contact with the body parts and genitals. Having said that, there very well may be contact, but I just didn't see that definitively in the vid. However, I only watched it once, which was enough, very early on in this case when it was linked to an article I was reading. I know I'm being uber technical here, but can anyone say there is definite contact to genitals when can't see the genitals?

Thank you Susan for your thoughtful comments, I appreciate them more than you know.

I shared that to potentially help people better understand the issue of BDD (as it was a topic of discussion related to Magnotta earlier today) and the impact it has on an individual; and potentially demonstrate the seriousness of body dysmorphic disorder (BDD). After I was successful at getting it under control and was in a position as an athlete to share my story in various media outlets, the really hard part was visiting with children in the hospital because of anorexia and BDD whose parents had connected to me through journalists.

More importantly congratulations to you for getting the issues you mentioned under control and living a healthy lifestyle.

Thank you again.

You have probably helped so many people by sharing your story! It really helps to feel less alone, I think, when you know there are others that have been through it.

Thank you, too.

When I watched the vid, I didn't see any exposed genitals, while the camera angle and actions suggest he is using the deceased person's body parts to masturbate, I don't think anyone can proof positive say there was definitive contact with the body parts and genitals. Having said that, there very well may be contact, but I just didn't see that definitively in the vid. However, I only watched it once, which was enough, very early on in this case when it was linked to an article I was reading. I know I'm being uber technical here, but can anyone say there is definite contact to genitals when can't see the genitals?

GRAPHIC in the sense that human anatomy is discussed.

For reference, this issue (exposed genitals) was discussed in the previous thread and was able to be confirmed by multiple WS members that at one point in the video the viewer clearly sees the killer's exposed genitals and the killer manipulating one of the victim's extremities on his genitals.

...same here....

I'm still so curious/confused as to how they met. That's the dark mystery that haunts me about this case. A man like Magnotta who, as other have suggested, did not converse/fraternize with anyone, awash in the dark under belly of society and the internet - somehow coming into contact with the seemingly innocent/naive Lin Jun.

What happened? How did it happen? What was going through Lin Jun's mind as he traveled to the victim's abode. I'm just so haunted by this; quite frankly it's making me experience anxiety... it makes me feel so unsafe. I need to know these facts to learn and grow from them. I'm haunted by the poor victim's reality; the sadness his parents must feel wondering the same things about their son's demise.

Is anyone else troubled by this like me?

No, we don't know that he has had surgery. HE has claimed he has, but if you compare his pictures of when he was a child to now, there really isn't any difference. His eyebrows are bigger and his face is thinner, neither of these things need surgery.
In my opinion, he never had any surgery. There is no proof of it, and it really does not look like he has.

I suspect he had at least a nosejob because his nose looks a bit different from his high school pictures posted on dailymail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wman-pictured-years-grew-cannibal-killer.html
And there was another article (I don't remember the the source) where someone who was previously a friend, mentioned that they split after some disagreement but years later the person met Luka somewhere and he looked very 'plastic', the person claimed that he could barely recognize him.

I'm still so curious/confused as to how they met. That's the dark mystery that haunts me about this case. A man like Magnotta who, as other have suggested, did not converse/fraternize with anyone, awash in the dark under belly of society and the internet - somehow coming into contact with the seemingly innocent/naive Lin Jun.

What happened? How did it happen? What was going through Lin Jun's mind as he traveled to the victim's abode. I'm just so haunted by this; quite frankly it's making me experience anxiety... it makes me feel so unsafe. I need to know these facts to learn and grow from them. I'm haunted by the poor victim's reality; the sadness his parent must feel wondering the same things about their son's demise.

Wonderful questions newsleuth88!

I am sorry that you have experienced such anxiety because of this case; I unfortunately know all too well the feelings you so eloquently shared due to the circumstances case.

While we don't know the answers to any of those questions (and are all desperately trying to decipher clues for answers), I am sure we all agree that when these answered are revealed they will be most interesting.

One of your questions I can answer: yes, I am also deeply troubled by this.

GRAPHIC in the sense that human anatomy is discussed.

For reference, this issue (exposed genitals) was discussed in the previous thread and was able to be confirmed by multiple WS members that at one point in the video the viewer clearly sees the killer's exposed genitals and the killer manipulating one of the victim's extremities on his genitals.

i guess its still open for debate....i watched the scene over and over and never saw genitals of luka....

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether anyone here can see the genitals or anything else they want to examine.

<modsnip>

What happened? How did it happen? What was going through Lin Jun's mind as he traveled to the victim's abode. I'm just so haunted by this; quite frankly it's making me experience anxiety... it makes me feel so unsafe. I need to know these facts to learn and grow from them. I'm haunted by the poor victim's reality; the sadness his parents must feel wondering the same things about their son's demise.

It is troubling.

From what I have read, it seems that Lin Jun was quite lonely. He was still settling in his new country. Likely looking for new friends and love. I have ended up in some pretty bad situations due to my own loneliness. People prey on that. It is sickening. I believe that the accused saw a lonely man in the victim and used that to lure him to his apartment. There is no proof either way, but I don't believe they knew each other very well. Lin Jun was just trying to get to know Magnotta... but Magnotta had something else in mind, unfortunately.

(all just my opinion :moo: )

Some psychopaths have families, children, wives, girlfriends who love and hug them but yet they murdered. Some multiple victims.

I don't think a hug would make a difference folks. Seriously.

Maybe a lot of hugs would have helped....and then again maybe not. You are right, with some psychopaths it doesn't matter what their upbringing was.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether anyone here can see the genitals or anything else.

The truth of the details of this case will be decided by Canadians.

Indeed. The jury will be the ones to determine what is or is not in that video, as there is no doubt it will be used as evidence in the trial. If they can't use the 15 minute version recovered on his computer, for what ever reason (such as a stuffed up warrant), they will still be able to use the version that has been made widely available online.

Oh, that poor jury...

BBM
Just jumping in now, so apologies if this has been posted previously. Although, from the looks of the last couple pages of discussion, it hasn't been.

Re: the bolded part -- No such thing, legally, in Canada. People can be found NCR: Not Criminally Responsible.

That is what the psych eval his lawyer will be asking for has to do with.

Here is a useful link detailing what NCR is:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/07/03/f-not-criminally-responsible.html

The CBC has also included links to the relevant sections of the criminal code, if anyone is so inclined to peruse them. Additionally, at the bottom of the article, there is a list of some more infamous NCR cases. It doesn't include the case of the Quebec cardiologist, Guy Turcotte, who killed his young children recently.

Thank you, I'm aware & now even more educated through your post. ;)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter