ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a lot of hugs would have helped....and then again maybe not. You are right, with some psychopaths it doesn't matter what their upbringing was.

That's the question. A poster here brought up the movie "We need to talk about Kevin" and I watched it yesterday...and again today...it's truly gripping.I saw it alone yesterday and completely put all the blame on the mother.She did not bond with the baby,starting during pregnancy and her attempts at motherhood seemed fake and I felt sorry for kevin the entire time.Tonight 2 other people watched it with me and saw it totally different.We even argued and it got pretty heated.I guess that's the point.We need to talk about Kevin,we need to talk about Luka and figure this out.A person is certainly born with their sexuality IMO but I refuse to believe a person is born with the ability to take someone else life

BBM
Just jumping in now, so apologies if this has been posted previously. Although, from the looks of the last couple pages of discussion, it hasn't been.

Re: the bolded part -- No such thing, legally, in Canada. People can be found NCR: Not Criminally Responsible.

That is what the psych eval his lawyer will be asking for has to do with.

Here is a useful link detailing what NCR is:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/07/03/f-not-criminally-responsible.html

The CBC has also included links to the relevant sections of the criminal code, if anyone is so inclined to peruse them. Additionally, at the bottom of the article, there is a list of some more infamous NCR cases. It doesn't include the case of the Quebec cardiologist, Guy Turcotte, who killed his young children recently.

Thank you brighidin.

As much as it seems difficult for some to accept, it is a legal defense in Canada that his lawyer has every right to pursue for his client.

It is troubling.

From what I have read, it seems that Lin Jun was quite lonely. He was still settling in his new country. Likely looking for new friends and love. I have ended up in some pretty bad situations due to my own loneliness. People prey on that. It is sickening. I believe that the accused saw a lonely man in the victim and used that to lure him to his apartment. There is no proof either way, but I don't believe they knew each other very well. Lin Jun was just trying to get to know Magnotta... but Magnotta had something else in mind, unfortunately.

(all just my opinion :moo: )

It's this thought that has gone through my head again and again. It makes me so profoundly sad and troubled. I wish I had met Lin Jun, I wish I could have been his friend and helped him out in our country. Who knows, as a Montreal native we may have been in the same restaurant, street, subway car. You wish sometimes you could go back in time, even a month and rescue someone.

I remember having this feeling right after 9/11 - the urge to go back and prevent such a tragedy or safe a life in some small way. I only pray he was totally out of it at the end of his life; I hope he felt no pain and drifted off as comfortably as possible. At the end of the day acts of desecration, mutilation and depravity to a body are skin deep. Once the person is gone, I pray there is no way they can feel or know what horror is occurring - we of course are left behind to be mortified, sickened - terrified.

For the victim, we must remember, the suffering (if any) has long since ceased. It is the living that are left with the weight and horror of the crime. Here's to healing :please:

It is troubling.

From what I have read, it seems that Lin Jun was quite lonely. He was still settling in his new country. Likely looking for new friends and love. I have ended up in some pretty bad situations due to my own loneliness. People prey on that. It is sickening. I believe that the accused saw a lonely man in the victim and used that to lure him to his apartment. There is no proof either way, but I don't believe they knew each other very well. Lin Jun was just trying to get to know Magnotta... but Magnotta had something else in mind, unfortunately.

(all just my opinion :moo: )

To me Lin Jun being Chinese makes it even sadder.IMO he sooo deserved to be free in Canada,he was in a place where he truly should have been able to express himself.To be free,to be happy.

article-2161776-13B10C63000005DC-816_634x436.jpg

Arraignment: A courtroom sketch shows Luka Magnotta being arraigned via videolink at the Montreal Courthouse today

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-day-hes-extradited-Canada.html#ixzz1yJ1NzDwd

HastingChi thanks for posting that personal post about your personal journey. Sharing your story is the best way to help others and encourages discussion. I don't hesitate in believing that what you experienced is pretty common with many, many people with varying degrees of severity, some being life threatening like I perceive yours to have been. I hope that people who read your post and recognize themselves as spinning out of control find the strength to get help. Anyway, nice job and glad you're all healthy and stuff.

I suspect he had at least a nosejob because his nose looks a bit different from his high school pictures posted on dailymail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wman-pictured-years-grew-cannibal-killer.html
And there was another article (I don't remember the the source) where someone who was previously a friend, mentioned that they split after some disagreement but years later the person met Luka somewhere and he looked very 'plastic', the person claimed that he could barely recognize him.

I agree... I did a comparison of his alleged abuse photo with his Berlin mugshot and IMO his nose, particularly the rounded end is very different.

Attachments

• mugshots.jpg
    mugshots.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 60
HastingChi thanks for posting that personal post about your personal journey. Sharing your story is the best way to help others and encourages discussion. I don't hesitate in believing that what you experienced is pretty common with many, many people with varying degrees of severity, some being life threatening like I perceive yours to have been. I hope that people who read your post and recognize themselves as spinning out of control find the strength to get help. Anyway, nice job and glad you're all healthy and stuff.

Thank you CuriousRus for your thoughtful post. I am really touched by your words. Thank you.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether anyone here can see the genitals or anything else they want to examine.

The truth of the details of this case and decisions about the fate of Luka Rocco Magnotta will be decided by Canadians.

Yes, I agree that a conviction in the end is most important here, but in discussing the case and its facts, I think we all need to try to understand the murderer's mindset as to try to prevent these things in the future. I, like others here, are simply trying to understand his mind set and motivation and in doing so, it is important we try to analyze this case as accurately as possible. Whether his simulated these acts or actually performed them is trying to understand where his thoughts and motivations were.

Giving up on the details and facts could give up the case if the Canadians aren't careful, no?

GRAPHIC in the sense that human anatomy is discussed.

For reference, this issue (exposed genitals) was discussed in the previous thread and was able to be confirmed by multiple WS members that at one point in the video the viewer clearly sees the killer's exposed genitals and the killer manipulating one of the victim's extremities on his genitals.

I see y'all have my gaysbund talkin' 'bout boy parts again... SMDH

Attachments

• offcrmcc.jpg
    offcrmcc.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 34
  • offcrmccutie.jpg
    offcrmccutie.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 37
Just FYI for those who found the movie about "Kevin" interesting, there's a newish novel called Defending Jacob that's got a very similar story line. I've not read or seen the Kevin one, but I've read the reviews and comparisons. Apparently, the Jacob book is more compelling and better written. I have read that one and I got through it in two days. The focus is a lot on courtroom/legal stuff, but it was a page turner and certainly packed quite an emotional wallop.

Yes, I agree that a conviction in the end is most important here, but in discussing the case and its facts, I think we all need to try to understand the murderer's mindset as to try to prevent these things in the future. I, like others here, are simply trying to understand his mind set and motivation and in doing so, it is important we try to analyze this case as accurately as possible. Whether his simulated these acts or actually performed them is trying to understand where his thoughts and motivations were.

Giving up on the details and facts could give up the case if the Canadians aren't careful, no?
OMG I never thought of that, but you're absolutely right! If "the" Canadians aren't careful and "give up on the details and facts", this case is doomed!

Thank you for reminding us!!

I'm still so curious/confused as to how they met. That's the dark mystery that haunts me about this case. A man like Magnotta who, as other have suggested, did not converse/fraternize with anyone, awash in the dark under belly of society and the internet - somehow coming into contact with the seemingly innocent/naive Lin Jun.
What happened? How did it happen? What was going through Lin Jun's mind as he traveled to the victim's abode. (Snip)
Is anyone else troubled by this like me?

This is a bit personal but I can imagine how Lin Jun felt because I've also went to study abroad when I was 19years old. I remember I did basicaly everything possible to fit in, from the way I dressed to the way I said hello to people because people in the new country were quiet and difficult to get in touch. I was so desperate to make friends and be accepted that I too tried to met online friends and went to pubs on weekends, so I could socialize with my peers and get to know people. Also even though I'm white with italian heritage, I still stuck out like a sore thumb in the crowd because everybody was blonde and blue eyed and the city I was living wasn't commom to see foreigners. So there is the ethnic /race factor in the picture.

Anyway, I was lucky that I never met anyone really mean to me, but I can somehow put myself in Lin Jun shoes because moving abroad is a whole new world, you feel a bit excluded and very lonely, away from your friends, family, your culture, language so you are willing to go great lenghts just to be accepted, maybe this is why Magnotta perceived Lin as an easy prey. I've seen videos of Luka from his reality show auditions and he could be a bit charming, maybe Lin met him somewhere and they talked about music, photography, who knows what else and we also don't know how deep was their relationship, if they were really lovers or just a one night stand.

Sorry for being too personal, I didn't want to but I had to, maybe this way people can try to imagine what is to be a foreign student trying to fit in in a new country. From my personal experience I can totally see why Lin was vulnerable, probably because he was looking for love, acceptance mainly because he came out of the closet and of course he didn't expect anything bad could happen to him is such a lovely country like Canada. Just my 2cents!

I'm reading several posters describing Lin Jun as lonely. IMO we should be careful to not distort or create caricaturs without enough facts. Lin Jun comes from a very different culture and there are apparently differences that would discourage his friends from stepping forward to speak. No doubt what little reports are out there of Lin Jun are positive...describing him repeatedly as a "nice guy", "happy", "hard working", "good student". I am not sure where the evidence is that he was "lonely". Apparently he had a lot of friends. He was interested in finding a longterm relationship but that doesn't make him necessarily lonely. He may have missed China at times, but that's not lonely, its homesick. IMO he likely met LM on some Craigslist post or in passing. Lin Jun appears to have been a more openly trusting personality. Caring. He probably assumed (in error) that LM was decent enough and due to the cultural differences may have not as readily picked up on the creepy cues, instead misreading it as cultural difference. Predatory types are often very careful and some exquisitly able to indentify empathic type persons and then use that goodness from another to lead them to their demise. It is perhaps that concept that rattles us all a little bit. Could we have been Lin Jun in another circumstance whereby we empathized or showed compassion to another who would intend us grave harm. It creates an inner conflict, do we fore go the basic good human trait of compassion/empathy or risk grave danger on infrequent occasion. IMO there is no real decision. A life without compassion/empathy is worse then death. So the risk I must face, but I can do so by using screening tools to assist in weeding out the most dangerous. It will never guarantee my safety at all times, but it will certainly increase it. Below is a link to an article that discusses Lin Jun...and some of the cultural differences as to why his friends aren't talking to the press..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-news-blog/2012/jun/07/lin-jun-montreal-dismemberment-murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics