ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LRM's have been linked previously waaaayyyy back and numerous times...

IMO the majority of us have read those links & posts and are now discussing our theories regarding the components and effects it will have on trail & potential sentencing.

I can't speak for all of us but I'd say it is a pretty fair assumption that many of us are eagerly awaiting the complete psych evaluations.

I am also concerned with educating & understanding the difference between diagnosed sanity & insanity so we don't end up with outrage a la CMA flashbacks... (IMO... TOTALLY different psychological makeup between those two)
Hi football

Here neat linkL
http://www.echo.me.uk/npd1.htm

I believe that is his natural hair color.

I would have thought so if I wouldn't have seen the mugshot.if he would have died it that light there's no way it would be back to being so dark now.
So he must have died it dark.same with the eyebrows.

I would have thought so if I wouldn't have seen the mugshot.if he would have died it that light there's no way it would be back to being so dark now.
So he must have died it dark.same with the eyebrows.

IDK, I thought his hair was pretty much the same as his mugshots. But Lawd, those BROWS! Egads, those things got inky black and thick awful quick. Maybe instead of prison tats, Luka got prison brows?

ANyone know if there was actual video of LM actually on the video to the court where we can just see the 3 minutes?

From the Montreal Gazette:
Prosecutors face whole new world of depravity
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/LukaRoccoMagnotta/Prosecutors+face+whole+world+depravity/6809157/story.html

Hélène Di Salvo has seen her fair share of society’s depravity in her 12 years of prosecuting murder cases.

In 2009, she prosecuted the case of butcher Michel Côté who, along with his drug-addicted girlfriend Nadège Merceus, bludgeoned drug dealer Shane Jimrattie with 57 blows of a hammer, then carved up his body and stuffed the parts in garbage bags.

Three years earlier she handled the case of Martin Morin-Cousineau, who claimed a steak knife accidentally flew out of his hands, landing squarely in the back of the neck of his girlfriend Kelly-Anne Drummond, killing her. He went to jail.

But the case of Luka Magnotta, charged with stabbing, beheading and dismembering 33-year-old Lin Jun promises to open a whole new world of depravity, even for her.

The article continues and discusses Magnotta's attorney as well as potential term of incarceration if found guilty.

Hi. One question. Anyone know the search terms to enter into RipOffReport website to get results regarding Luka ? Thanks.

Miss Nancy Grace must be BOMBSHELLING herself to death right now!!
Heh. That was funny. She not covering this.

I didn't say that. :waitasec:

I simply answered the question you had asked.
oh good i thin kwe should be able to see it! The notion of tainted jury pool is way passed imo huh?

He has male private parts unless he photoshopped that in too, ROFL. Nothing would surprise me.:what:

I didn't watch any of his *advertiser censored* or murder video but I suppose who saw those are sure that Luka is a male.
This is just speculation from my part but there is always a possibility that he planned for his future to have a sex change and get a new identity before being found by the police. I came up with this theory because when he promoted the 1lunatic 1ice pick video on youtube, he used an account called "alexisvaloranreich". And according to wikipedia:
"Alexis Valoran Reich (born December 11, 1964) is an American trans woman formerly known as John Mark Karr who in 2006 falsely confessed to the unsolved murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey."
Now this is no evidence and is probably unrelated since he had so many aliases, but I found interesting the youtube nickname choice.

LRM's have been linked previously waaaayyyy back and numerous times...

IMO the majority of us have read those links & posts and are now discussing our theories regarding the components and effects it will have on trail & potential sentencing.

I can't speak for all of us but I'd say it is a pretty fair assumption that many of us are eagerly awaiting the complete psych evaluations.

I am also concerned with educating & understanding the difference between diagnosed sanity & insanity so we don't end up with outrage a la CMA flashbacks... (IMO... TOTALLY different psychological makeup between those two)

BBM
Just jumping in now, so apologies if this has been posted previously. Although, from the looks of the last couple pages of discussion, it hasn't been.

Re: the bolded part -- No such thing, legally, in Canada. People can be found NCR: Not Criminally Responsible.

That is what the psych eval his lawyer will be asking for has to do with.

Here is a useful link detailing what NCR is:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/07/03/f-not-criminally-responsible.html

The CBC has also included links to the relevant sections of the criminal code, if anyone is so inclined to peruse them. Additionally, at the bottom of the article, there is a list of some more infamous NCR cases. It doesn't include the case of the Quebec cardiologist, Guy Turcotte, who killed his young children recently.

***GRAPHIC CONTENT***
I didn't watch any of his *advertiser censored*, kitten or human murder, but didn't he perform sexual acts and raped the dismembered torso ? I supposed who saw the video are sure that Luka is still a male. But IMHO there is always a possibility that he planned for his future to have a sex change and get a new identity before being found by the police. I came up with this theory because when he promoted the 1lunatic 1ice pick video on youtube, he used an account called "alexisvaloranreich". And according to wikipedia:
"Alexis Valoran Reich (born December 11, 1964) is an American trans woman formerly known as John Mark Karr who in 2006 falsely confessed to the unsolved murder of six-year-old JonBenét Ramsey."
Just my wild imagination!

he was fully dressed in the killvid.the sex act was simulated.

he was fully dressed in the killvid.the sex act was simulated.

Actually, it has not been proven that the act of sodomy was simulated; from the camera angle the viewer cannot tell is there is penetration.

Additionally, at one point in the video the killer uses part of the deceased victim on his own exposed genitals.

This is interesting because it is from Xinhua News Agency, the official press agency of the People's Republic of China.

I am sharing because it demonstrates how this is being covered in China:

Magnotta pleads not guilty in first arraignment
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2012-06/20/c_131665135.htm

Thank you.

This also confirms what I have said a bunch of times about Lin Jun's name. We here in North America have it backwards! Family names go first in China, and 'Jun' is NOT a family name over there (it is a given name), but Lin is a common one. I think he should be referred to by his proper name, Lin Jun, not the backwards Western version of it. :moo:

Body Dysmorphic Disorder : A Personal Perspective

There has been a great deal of discussion today about body dysmorphic disorder and I've tried to avoid discussing this topic because it is something I am way too aware of as it is something I have experienced; it is something that combined with anorexia athletica almost killed me. Body dysmophic disorder and/or male eating disorders are very serious issues.

I'll share with you some of my story, which received notable media visibility years ago, to better help understand this condition:

Looking back on college, which I began as a 220-pound college-football player who had never had eaten Lucky Charms or Trix but always had a strict, healthy diet. After Freshman year I discarded football to enjoy the other aspects of college life: internships, bar-tending, friends, taking in junk food & booze and typical college fare. My fit, healthy athlete's body had turned into 320 pounds of YUCK.

I never had been shunned or made fun of because of my weight. I always was the life of the party. I never was made to feel awkward. I was a fun guy. It was never an issue. I hear people say that overweight people are depressed and unhappy. I was just the opposite.

It wasn't until I got my college graduation pictures back in the mail that I really saw myself and was horrified by the way I looked; who is this tremendously fat person in these photos? OMG it's me.

So I decided to go back to my roots, as a competitive swimmer since the age of 5 and 3 sport athlete in high school I knew what I needed to do: rediscover my passion for athletics and get back in shape. I went to one of those fitness centers with multiple locations and joined; I'm sure that the woman who signed me up took one look at me and probably thought I was an easy commission and that I'd never be back.

However I went back to the gym morning's and evening's seven days a week; it became more than a workout, it became an obsession. What began as a fun thing to do for myself before and after work began to run my life-- as my commitment to fitness continued and the weight dropped fast, I noticed all of the compliments on my appearance I received from people. As someone who was already well-liked and not shunned for being fat, these compliments added fuel to my passion for working out. In order to cut out fast foods I became a vegetarian.

I began my workouts at 320-pounds in June and by October of that same year I was competing in running competitions and down to about 170-pounds (statistically my ideal weight) and should have gone into maintenance mode. Unfortunately, I did not; I actually became more obsessed with my fitness and appearance. When I looked into the mirror, I saw the 320-pound person in my college graduation photos looking back at me. No matter what I did or what mirror I used, the 170-pound me saw the 320-pound me in the mirror. I was working out for 90 minutes twice a day. I became obsessed with my caloric intake and kept a diary of everything I ate which averaged a caloric intake of 320 calories per day.

By February (less than 8 months after joining the gym) I weighed 120 pounds and still saw the 320 pound man in the mirror. I shunned my friends and became a totally different person who was not pleasant (no longer the well-liked, jovial person everyone adored), uncomfortable in my own skin and in total denial about my condition. In that same months I traveled to a family function and my family essentially staged an intervention in a very smart manner. The doctors evaluated me and told me that if my anorexia continued I would be dead within months. I was also made to agree to begin to talk with a friend of my brother-in-law's who is a sports nutritionist, sports psychologist and multi-sport coach.

I begrudgingly agreed to this and he saved my life, literally, by reprogramming me to understand that food is not the enemy but the fuel for training and racing. To assist with this we began a plan that I would start to train for triathlons and, in doing so, rebuild my body and see the importance of food. I also began the long process of beginning to deal with my body dysmorphic disorder; not an easy process at all.

A few months after beginning to rebuild my body and relationships in my life and try not to see the 320-pound man in the mirror anymore, I competed in my first triathlon which I placed 2nd or 3rd in my age group. Soon after photos once again impacted my life: I saw the photos of this fit, svelte guy in a speedo surrounded by other folks in speedos and thought the fit, svelte guy was in as good or better shape than the others; that fit, svelte guy was me.

Years and countless Ironman triathlon competitions later I write this a happy, fit, healthy person who truly loves and appreciates life and those in my life.

I could ramble on about this for pages but please understand that both anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder are serious conditions which are never cured but one has to deal with every day in order to not relapse.

Thanks for reading this.

HastingsChi, thanks so much for sharing your story. You are brave. It sounds like you have an amazing family. I think a successful intervention is very difficult. Eating disorders and BDD have got to be two of the toughest things to get past. I also have experience, firsthand, with both of them. You are right, it gets better, but it is always a struggle not to fall back. I recently realized how skinny I must have been when I was at my sickest. My son is very thin (naturally....he is healthy).....but I realized when I was at a low mentally and weight-wise I was 4 or 5 inches taller and weighed less that he does. It was a bit shocking. I think that is when I realized how bad my BDD was. That was many years ago....I am very grateful to be able to say I am much healthier. But there is no doubt, with body dystrophic disorder, when you look in the mirror you are not seeing reality.

Thank you.

This also confirms what I have said a bunch of times about Lin Jun's name. We here in North America have it backwards! Family names go first in China, and 'Jun' is NOT a family name over there (it is a given name), but Lin is a common one. I think he should be referred to by his proper name, Lin Jun, not the backwards Western version of it. :moo:

Thanks BorgQueen.

I too find it important and interesting to read how this case is covered by publications which allow us to better understand the perspectives of different cultures and more greatly appreciate the global patchwork of diversity that is our connected world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee