ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for me to go to sleep......Stay save! And be sweet to each other!

@~n/t~ Being cynical is fine......but let's respect each others opinion, ok?

GROUPHUGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

You know what just hit me -- there is NO WAY (pleading not guilty) he is going to tell anyone about location of head. We all need to let go of that - can't (with a not guilty plea) happen...........................................................

He can tell police where the head is and plead not guilty as, and if, his lawyer pursues the 672.11b.

A little bit off topic:

Reading stories that people have shared on this board over time has been very interesting. So many people from different walks of life, with different (and often quite horrible) experiences and life stories. And we aren't killers. Goes to show that no matter what has happened to somebody in their life, there is absolutely no excuse to kill. There are other ways to deal with the built up negative emotions. Nobody needs to get hurt.

Better still, why don't we set up the gallows again and hang him by the neck until dead?

I want him punished. I want him locked up for the rest of his natural life so he can never harm anyone again. But that doesn't stop me for having pity for his miserable existence and hope that Lin Jun's death leads to us being able to understand the 'next' Luka, and get him help before he ends up another murdering statistic.

I'm good with that. I'm 100% for reinstating the death penalty in this country.

I am not. I am for a more civilized society, not less.

An eye for an eye. Someone murders an innocent human being, they deserve to suffer the same fate.

These killers are not civilized. They murder men, women and children.

IDK... I feel that Luka emulates everything that is wrong with our society today. He is the poster child for the dysfunctional family and crappy parenting as well as self-absorbed, narcissistic, attention-needy, celebrity-inspired and internet-driven youth. You know, this was just the perfect combination of combination of ingredients. It's like a chemical reaction - you just keep dumping compound after compound together you are likely to eventually blow something up. You have a dysfunctional family, troubled childhood, abuse, mental illness, perhaps drugs, the media, the internet, horror movies, fame/celebrity, reality TV, sexual dysfunction, the deep web, blurred boundaries... the list is never ending. Well, world, look at what you created. Seems to me like this is a reaction that is unlikely to cease.

[bbm]

excellent observation IMO

Overall , do you regret you watched?
I watched it, and I regret that the murder happened, but no, I don't regret watching it. That is just how my mind works. For me, discussing the case without seeing the video would be like discussing a book I had never read. My career in Pathology also tends to make me very clinical and I analyze the world from data. I understand and support other people for NOT watching it. I can't watch the kitten videos. I am not sure what that means, but it is the same reason I can work in a hospital but not in a Veterinary clinic.

I highly recommend this be watched. Graphic content. ABC report. Please watch to the end and listen to the statement about the blank look, no remorse, etc. Sounds familiar to me.

The Mind of a Psychopath - YouTube

This is so scary. And sad. What strikes me is how honest Tommy Lee Sells is about himself. "I am about hate. Two words I don't use: love and sorry" (paraphrased). It's chilling. I hope the girl that survived is OK.

basically what does 672.11b say?

Under section 672.11(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada, a court can order a psychiatric assessment of the mental condition of the accused to see if he or she should be exempt from criminal responsibility.

I know what it is like to suffer from emotional, physical & sexual abuse.

I immediately knew that you must have experienced something to cause you to behave this way.

I was bullied pretty hard from grades 2-6. I lived in a beautiful, large, 16 room house on 6 acres in upstate NY, but because we were right on the line between two school districts (one good, one bad) I was required to attend the bad district with a lot of poor kids, migrant worker children, etc. There was extreme poverty. Some of the kids who rode my school bus lived in ramshackled houses with no electricity or indoor plumbing, and others lived in motels with drugs addicted parents. Needless to say, I was picked on and beat up every single day by these kids. My hair was clean and neatly styled so they'd spit or stick gum in it. They'd cut my new clothes, coats, etc., with scissors. Once I was invited to a birthday party by the kids up the street and my parents reluctantly let me go. I was invited only to be tortured and beat up by the entire group of kids for 2 straight hours.

At first I didn't understand and was just so humiliated and didn't know why they all seemed to hate me. As I got older I realized that they were acting out due to their own horrible circumstances, and they were jealous of my home and family. Little did they know that appearances are deceiving and my home was nowhere near as great as they thought it to be.

Anyway, my point is that bullies are usually experiencing rage and taking out their anger on someone else. There is always a method to the madness.

What I see in all of LM's photos is someone trying so hard to be someone else.
Attractive, not attractive, it doesn't really matter. Even with all his "bravado", I still think deep down he didn't feel good enough, attractive enough, young enough.
Not saying we should feel sorry for him--not at all.
But the mother in me, at times, looks at an earlier photograph and wonders if a genuine hug from somebody who truly cared, would have made a difference.

[bbm]

I do that too and I do believe it would have made a difference.

An eye for an eye. Someone murders an innocent human being, they deserve to suffer the same fate.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi"

I am wondering if it is basically his lawyer in germany who suggested he plead not guilty and ask for an evaluation when he returned here.

I agree. Keeping some people alive does no good. Why should he get 3 squares and a bed every day when his victim does not have this? In prison he will be alive and breathing...something he deliberately took away from his victim. How is this just?

Some crimes are so heinous and horrible.....why should they be rewarded with the very thing they took away from someone in such a deranged way? What he did was beyond uncivilized....and yet keeping him alive serves what purpose?

I read about some of the sickest killers in history and some of them have been put to death already. In reading interviews with some of the families...they are not mourning them and wishing that they didn't get the death penalty for killing their loved one.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi"

Poor Gandhi. Did he die before or after the death penalty law (by hanging) in his country?

But that's for another day, another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ