ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no evidence to suggest he's mentally ill. As with every murderer in this province (so far I know of 3), the defence requests psych evaluations sometimes the process lasts years. I posted a case earlier. It's been 3 years for a woman who killed her two daughters. She's free on bail until the psych evaluations are completed.

And there's no evidence to show he's not.
There's not a whole lot of facts, period.
So until we hear what happens at trial, should we just not discuss this case at all?
Psychiatrists and lawyers and gossip-mongers and weirdos and curious people...and intelligent web sleuths all around the world are talking, sharing opinions. That's all most of us have right now--opinions.

they said in the beginning that they were 'waiting by the phone' for him to call

back when Luka was hiding out in NY from the animal activists, he gave his mother's name & phone # to a lawyer as a contact person

if he really felt so abandoned by family, would he have done that?

I'm sure their family dynamics are very complicated but the family shouldn't be expected to expose themselves to a media storm and public scrutiny to show him they care - they either do or they don't and he would know that regardless

JMO

I remember reading - if anyone has the link? - about his family saying he'd done something to hurt them a long time ago and they haven't been in contact since. It's hard to form an opinion without having any idea what that "something" was or what LRM was like when still in contact with his family. I agree, it's horrible to abandon your own child, but we need more information. Maybe LRM killed a family pet, or really did set a house on fire (I did find a blogspot post made by LRM about being a pyromaniac). We just don't know.

I immediately knew that you must have experienced something to cause you to behave this way.

I was bullied pretty hard from grades 2-6. I lived in a beautiful, large, 16 room house on 6 acres in upstate NY, but because we were right on the line between two school districts (one good, one bad) I was required to attend the bad district with a lot of poor kids, migrant worker children, etc. There was extreme poverty. Some of the kids who rode my school bus lived in ramshackled houses with no electricity or indoor plumbing, and others lived in motels with drugs addicted parents. Needless to say, I was picked on and beat up every single day by these kids. My hair was clean and neatly styled so they'd spit or stick gum in it. They'd cut my new clothes, coats, etc., with scissors. Once I was invited to a birthday party by the kids up the street and my parents reluctantly let me go. I was invited only to be tortured and beat up by the entire group of kids for 2 straight hours.

At first I didn't understand and was just so humiliated and didn't know why they all seemed to hate me. As I got older I realized that they were acting out due to their own horrible circumstances, and they were jealous of my home and family. Little did they know that appearances are deceiving and my home was nowhere near as great as they thought it to be.

Anyway, my point is that bullies are usually experiencing rage and taking out their anger on someone else. There is always a method to the madness.

Oh I am soooo sorry for you as well. The injustices I endured are no excuse for the emotional torment I inflicted on that poor girl. I don't let myself off so easily. My trauma should have made me more empathetic to her suffering instead of volunteering for the seduction of the pack mentality.

It is the same reason why I can have empathy for the abused, the mentally ill & the victims of each... and still not excuse the pain that is endured by all.

Even IF LRM were to be found "not guilty by reason of insanity" he will never be free inside or outside of an institution and most definitely not free from his broken mind. That is his living hell from which he will never be able to escape.

......Even IF LRM were to be found "not guilty by reason of insanity" he will never be free inside or outside of an institution and most definitely not free from his broken mind. That is his living hell from which he will never be able to escape.

SBM - I hope and pray you are right FBM!!! I can't help but think about Casey Anthony, however. :what: I am still reeling with shock over the outcome of that case.

There's no evidence to suggest he's mentally ill. As with every murderer in this province (so far I know of 3), the defence requests psych evaluations sometimes the process lasts years. I posted a case earlier. It's been 3 years for a woman who killed her two daughters. She's free on bail until the psych evaluations are completed.
Here is nice consise brief explaination of his (LM) diagnosis:

http://www.echo.me.uk/npd1.htm

I don't want to be rude or insult anyone.....but see what is happening here?
You make fun of Luka, make fun of how he looks and acts. This happens every day to a lot of people. People like LM. People who don't "fit in", who are abandoned by their family, who have mental problems or disorders and are being treated like scum. Tormented souls.

I am NOT defending his actions, I am not on 'his side". But this is how society treats people who are different. They are being shut out, picked on, etc.
And once in a while, a "Luka" can't handle it anymore and does awfull things to other human beings. An answer to neglect, a loveless life, being bullied, being misunderstood.
Following this case, it fulfills me with sadness. For both victim and killer.

There is nothing funny about this case.

thank you for that sobering wake-up post

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say I'd be VERY shocked if he was taking anti-psychotics without having a prior medical diagnosis... LONG before his path to murder... adding that historical diagnosis & medical records to new psychiatric reports that are most certainly forthcoming given the plea and the gravity of his crimes should clear up any misunderstandings.

I am firmly entrenched with my logical position that LRM is mentally ill, has been for a number of years and clearly under-medicated, wrongly medicated or most likely un-medicated.

If it walks like a duck... Make no mistake though, LRM is no CMA... Just wait... you will see.

betcha a dollah. :)

I'm definitely pro-death penalty for murders & child molesters (too bad that can't happen) BUT only if they are mentally sane. Capital punishment for the mentally ill is certainly not justifiable under any circumstance.

It really does bother me that so many people do not understand that mental illness is as much a disease as cancer. One eats the mind & soul and the other the body but both can be catastrophic.

The same fear that engulfs a cancer patient can be ten-fold in the mind of a mentally ill person who spends their life with terror (internally & externally).

Some forms cancer cannot be cured... the same is true for some forms of mental illness. Some of each can be held at bay through medical science. Not all at so fortunate.

If you dare, read some blogs written by schizophrenics & bipolar I's living with psychosis. They are not as cut & dry as one may believe. Their spectrum is as vast as the universe and unimaginable for most but it can give one a glimpse into what life is like inside their minds.

I think LRM is one of those who cannot be cured. I think he passed the point of no return. I believe his illness has permanently damaged the ability of his brain to ever function enough to live in society even with medical intervention.

Respectfully, persons with cancer or lupus or diabetes typically do not pose a danger to society and to innocent victims. At least not in any higher percentage than the average population.

Certain types of mental illness or proclivity DO pose a serious danger to others and arguably are not candidates for rehabilitation.

I have sympathy for people suffering from any physical or mental disease. But when said person is a threat to the safety and human rights of myself or my loved ones, then they darn sure ought to be held accountable rather than pitied and excused for their transgressions.

The rights of victims and potential victims are no less valuable than the rights of persons who suffer with mental illness.

IMO

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say I'd be VERY shocked if he was taking anti-psychotics without having a prior medical diagnosis... LONG before his path to murder... adding that historical diagnosis & medical records to new psychiatric reports that are most certainly forthcoming given the plea and the gravity of his crimes should clear up any misunderstandings.

I am firmly entrenched with my logical position that LRM is mentally ill, has been for a number of years and clearly under-medicated, wrongly medicated or most likely un-medicated.

If it walks like a duck... Make no mistake though, LRM is no CMA... Just wait... you will see.

betcha a dollah. :)
Absol he has a mental illiness history. He posted about Risperdol, talked about being in therapy, visited mental health forums (primarily on depression) on line.The killing of animals, people, eating feces/urine,wanting intercourse with dead people, pretending one is a super model/*advertiser censored* star, wealthy beyond belief are aberrant behaviors and thoughts-- - the notion that that is unclear is wild!

Respectfully, persons with cancer or lupus or diabetes typically do not pose a danger to society and to innocent victims. At least not in any higher percentage than the average population.

Certain types of mental illness or proclivity DO pose a serious danger to others and arguably are not candidates for rehabilitation.

I have sympathy for people suffering from any physical or mental disease. But when said person is a threat to the safety and human rights of myself or my loved ones, then they darn sure ought to be held accountable rather than pitied and excused for their transgressions.

The rights of victims and potential victims are no less valuable than the rights of persons who suffer with mental illness.

IMO

No one here is pitying LRM. Empathy is NOT pity.

Are you using this case as an example why the death penalty should be reinstated?? Seriously?? Before she has has a full psych work-up you would prefer they kill her?

LOL no. If you read back to the OP's request you'll see this was about psych evaluations. :)

Have a good evening!

Can you provide us with a link as to WHY she has not undergone the psych evaluation? Who is holding it up?

If she wants to plead insanity (I don't know about the case) then the logical conclusion would be that it is not her defense that is delaying proof of her mental status.

I mentioned this case earlier and if you google her name, there are tons of articles about her case and her huband's trial, as well. I'm out for the night :)

I absolutely agree with you. I've studied hundreds of his pics, and he is definitely smug here. He has a slight smile on his face. Very unusual for him. Not only that, he is holding himself straight and tall.

Good point about the slight smile being unusual......there are not many photos where he is smiling.

I suggest you learn more about the background of that case. ;) A lot more.

And again, I see it as no justification to your previous posts' reasons about why you seek a return for the death penalty.

Oh believe me, I know this case VERY well. :)

I miss Magnotta On The Run...

Anyone with me?

:rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

LOL no. If you read back to the OP's request you'll see this was about psych evaluations. :)

Have a good evening!

You were the OP who brought up 2 cases (Sorella and Tori) to justify your desire to bring back the death penalty in Canada (saying something like there are parents everywhere in Canada having their children murdered in Canada and them wanting to bring back the death penalty.)

<modsnip>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members