ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh please.....the VICTIM was NOT obviously into it.

he actually appeared very out of it as if drugged. there was ZERO signs of him being into this.

that is offensive to the victim.

I'm stepping in here, because this obviously has many folks upset. And prima.facie this is not directed at you -- I am just using your post as a starting point.

I did not watch the video and I don't intend to but - I do want to say, it would NOT be a bad thing if JL was into to having sex. That is a normal, physical need of basically every human being. He was an adult. Certainly, LM tricked him somehow - either by the lure of sex or by drugging him.

There is a split of opinion between the posters that have watched the tape - some think he was drugged, some think he was into the sex. That's discussable, because the bottom line is - LM tricked him somehow. It is beyond reason to think that he hooked up with LM for what did happen, kwim?

The discussion should remain respectful in all ways -- JL is a victim and we are a victim friendly site, and we don't need to hear explicit details.

But - if some posters think that JL was into the sex, that is not really victim blaming, it is more of an attempt to explain why JL would have been with LM in the first place. Alternatively, he could have been drugged. We won't know unless LE releases the info.

Hope that helps,

Salem

this is exactly what i had said on another thread when people asked about his photos and who would take professional photos of LM..

Paul Mason knew the man simply as Rocco. Seeking to beef up his photographic portfolio, the 48-year-old Montrealer had placed an ad on Craigslist in April 2011, seeking models who would work gratis in exchange for free portraits. Soon, Rocco got in touch

the photoshttp://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/07/a-photographers-encounter-with-luka-rocco-magnotta/_dsc5775-nef/

ETA....i killed the thread :truce:

this is exactly what i had said on another thread when people asked about his photos and who would take professional photos of LM..

from your yahoo news link prima:

... April 2011, seeking models who would work gratis in exchange for free portraits. Soon, Rocco got in touch. Mason agreed to meet the man, who he understood to be a gay model, at Rocco’s apartment in the gentrifying southwest Montreal neighbourhood of Pointe-Saint-Charles ...

Tells us that LRM had an apartment in Montreal in April/May 2011, then one in Toronto, then in Montreal again around Feb 2012 (where he had moved from Toronto "to be closer to his son" ??).

PS: You didn't kill the thread ... they all left as soon as i got caught up :)

Just learned the video was released as a torrent.

Sadly, it will never be gone.

If your Googling happens to take you to one of the pretty sanitized, well-known gay adult film review/news blogs, it is interesting to understand how his scareer in adult films was about as well-known or extensive as my role as an on-screen extra in the film Enemy of the State... *advertiser censored* is the only industry that all you have to do is make one appearance in one film and you're instantly a "*advertiser censored* STAR"...

I'm guessing home movies don't count... right? :blushing:

How do you explain the "MAY HAVE" then, if you say he MAY HAVE eaten you are saying that there is EATING GOING ON and it MAY HAVE BEEN LUKA, if there was some QUESTION AS TO WHETHER there was eating going on then why even bring up the EATING and the word CONFIRMED? I read it as:

Police say Luka may have been eating body parts, that means they can SEE SOMEONE EATING BODY PARTS that much is confirmed and it MAY HAVE been Luka but they cant be certain because they cant see him but they CAN SEE body parts being eaten.

Does anyone follow me here, the may have clearly indicates they cant prove it is LUKA doing the eating only that there IS EATING GOING ON and it MAY HAVE BEEN LUKA but since they cant see his face they are not CERTAIN it was him.
Late to the party here again Paximus but I think I know what you are saying....a line from a great movie something like" it is not what I think I know but what I can prove." Anywho I get what you are saying and respect your line of work in knowing what you are talking about.:seeya:

I've been thinking a lot about LM's use of New Order's True Faith during the video. My feeling and opinion is that the lyrics represent his final ascent into infamy. Though he tried and tried (modeling, *advertiser censored*) he couldn't make a name for himself. Now he would finally be known. I've added my thoughts to specific lyrics in either parenthesis or italics. I apologize in advance as I suspect this will be quite a long post.

I feel so extraordinary. Something's got a hold on me
(His desire to be famous)
I get this feeling I'm in motion. A sudden sense of liberty.
(He knows how to make it finally happen)

His thoughts: The whole world is going to know me. Indeed
extraordinary now.

I don't care 'cause I'm not there. And I don't care if I'm here tomorrow.
(This is his neurosis speaking. He hasn't been Eric Newman for a very long time)

Again and again I've taken too much. Of the things that cost you too much.
(His neurosis again. He's highly upset about his childhood and the things he's lost).

I used to think that the day would never come.I'd see delight in the shade of the morning sun. My morning sun is the drug that brings me near
To the childhood I lost, replaced by fear. I used to think that the day would never come That my life would depend on the morning sun.
(His infamy has arrived).

I'll stop there because of copyright issues. I find his choice of song completely fascinating and at the same time horrifying.

He's not that deep. IMO; he only used that song in reference to American Psycho.

Did anyone save the text of that ominous Craigslist post from May 24, 2012 where the person said they were looking for someone to star in a video they planned to make? I had it bookmarked but it has been removed apparently.

He's not that deep. IMO; he only used that song in reference to American Psycho.

Agreeing to disagree. Music speaks to us in ways that often times we ourselves cannot verbalize.

ETA: True Faith is in the opening scene of American Psycho in the nightclub where no murders take place. IMO if he were pulling from movies for added dramatic effects I would expect him to use "Hip To Be Square".

But as I said, I am agreeing to disagree. ;D

Agreeing to disagree. Music speaks to us in ways that often times we ourselves cannot verbalize.

Indeed it does, which is why a talented movie director like Mary Harron picked that song for Christian Bale's character in American Psycho. But Luka is no Mary Harron, he's as superficial as they come and he used the song because he saw it in a film about a psycho, simple as.

^The above is only my opinion, obviously.

Indeed it does, which is why a talented movie director like Mary Harron picked that song for Christian Bale's character in American Psycho. But Luka is no Mary Harron, he's as superficial as they come and he used the song because he saw it in a film about a psycho, simple as.

^The above is only my opinion, obviously.

That song was enjoyed by many for years long before American Psycho came out. You had to be living under a rock to not have heard it before then. Considering his age group, it was likely a song he enjoyed over the years. I certainly don't believe LRM never listened to any music and only heard it after seeing American Psycho.

ETA: After thinking about it -- True Faith was likely one of his life soundtracks. Just MO though. I'm always fascinated by the psychology of humans.

Did anyone save the text of that ominous Craigslist post from May 24, 2012 where the person said they were looking for someone to star in a video they planned to make? I had it bookmarked but it has been removed apparently.

I can still access the post on craigslist. Forwarded it to Authorities a week ago (I think) cant remember the exact day. I can still access the post though.

That song was enjoyed by many for years long before American Psycho came out. You had to be living under a rock to not have heard it before then. Considering his age group, it was likely a song he enjoyed over the years. I certainly don't believe LRM never listened to any music and only heard it after seeing American Psycho.

I'm not saying he only heard it because it was in a film, I'm saying he only used it in his killvid because it was in a film about a psycho. He's no evil genius, just a bog standard narcissist.

I'm not saying he only heard it because it was in a film, I'm saying he only used it in his killvid because it was in a film about a psycho. He's no evil genius, just a bog standard narcissist.

I understand. He's definitely no evil genius, but I don't think he's a completely empty vessel either. I'm anxious to hear his diagnosis (if any). The psychology of humans has always fascinated me. And that came out in me when really thinking about his song choice. JMO! Thank you for the discussion. :rocker:

I can still access the post on craigslist. Forwarded it to Authorities a week ago (I think) cant remember the exact day. I can still access the post though.

Baudi, did you ever identify or attempt to identify then second person in the "python and sicko" video that was uploaded where LM is petting the python whilst someone is recording him? Then the camera is given to LM and that person can be seen petting the python?

I just wondered because if that person never had anything to do with the killing of the kitten, why haven't they come forward, both when the kitten killings became known, and especially now after it's gone worldwide?

We did attempt to find out who that was and we got no where. At that point the police had all the info and we sort of thought 'they'll find out'. Then we found the pic of him in Montreal and tried to locate him there; and informed the Local Police there.

FWIW: we keep getting asked why the police didn't do anything. We don't know. When we would ask for updates the standard response was "we can't comment on ongoing investigations". Toronto was ok to deal with, as we knew they we're working on it. Montreal however, didn't take us seriously.. at all. At least not to our face.

Edit: The pic I am talking about in Montreal, the top image was inserted into one of his horrible youtube videos. So using google maps we just went down all the different streets until we started recognizing the street lights; then crosswalks, etc. Using the trees we thought that the pic was taken sometime in early April (best guess). Bottom Photo is 3600 Rue McTavish McGill University

Twh9l.png

Jerry: "Again with the sweatpants?"
George: "What? I'm comfortable."
Jerry: "You know the message you're sending out to the world with these sweatpants? You're telling the world, 'I give up. I can't compete in normal society. I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable.' "

I don't think you killed the thread. There's just not a lot going on right now with the case & everyone is arguing about silly things that don't matter (like the REAL color of LM's eyes & hidden messages in a French Canadian man's English).

A Google News search of 'Magnotta' yields next to nothing right now, and nothing new has come out all weekend. I, for one, am more than a little freaked out about digging around on the blogs to try to find more information. Seems like the sickos are out in full force, and, frankly, it's not worth having images from that dreadful video seared into my brain.

Something will happen soon ... that poor man's head is still out there somewhere ... LM will finally be brought back to Canada ... something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966