ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering where that came from, too. 180 lbs. is a healthy weight for a relatively tall male who's not all bulked up, imo. My guess for Lin Jun based on the pics I've seen was in the 150-160 (tops) neighborhood. But I have nothing else to base that on since I haven't seen his photos with others or his personal stats.

My point was and still is, JL was much heavier than LM, I remember somewhere I read that JL was not happy with his current weight, he gained a lot of pounds lately

GRAPHIC
My point is I cannot see someone as scrawny and little dragging a body all over the apartment like LM did. Putting it in the bathtub, and back onto the bed, in the multiple positions that it was in.

My second point was how do you cut through human bones with a kitchen knife? I have a dog and I buy him pizzle sticks...google it...but it takes me almost five minutes to cut one of them in half with a knife and they are not even half an inch thick.

Things do not make sense here. I firmly believe he did not do all of this alone.

But that is just my belief.

Food for thought (ok really, really bad pun), but has anyone brought this case up? I'm not implying anything about the vicim in the case at hand, but when you read the details of this case, it amazes me that the German criminal got several responses to the ad. He only got eight years!!! That is insane! Creepy stuff.

WARNING The article details are graphic.
Armin Meiwes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was very bizarre that he was only sentenced to 8 years.
He was subsequently retried and sentenced to life imprisonment.
Here's a quote from the Wikipedia article you reference
On 10 May 2006, a court in Frankfurt convicted Meiwes of murder and sentenced him to life imprisonment.

the place was a dive.. probably everyone in that building has a criminal record. ex-con's need to live somewhere
Exactly. I'm surprised the landlord even bothered. I've never been asked for a credit or background check, just a letter of employment, and my accommodations are waaaaaaay swankier than that dive. :)

P.S. I'm not an ex-con or anything LOL

When would he have racked up the large amount for car rental for the company in B.C.? He was in Peterborough living with his mom in 2006 and owed back rent for property in T.O., after he left his mother's place till the applying of the bankruptcy in August 2007. Did he also live in B.C. during that short time period? This is getting really confusing.

When would he have racked up the large amount for car rental for the company in B.C.? He was in Peterborough living with his mom in 2006 and owed back rent for property in T.O., after he left his mother's place till the applying of the bankruptcy in August 2007. Did he also live in B.C. During that short time period? This is getting really confusing.
A small bachelor apartment in that building starts at $1000/month, so at most he owed just shy of 3 months rent, less the larger the apartment. (I can PM you the link if you like)

I can't remember when exactly he lived there. I'll try to find a link.

ETA: auto-leasing is quite different from renting a car. It's a contract for a set period of time, and not inexpensive. Guess he thought he would be out in B.C. a lot longer

Mmmmm could someone from the building have helped him?
You know, that crossed my mind because he was seen carrying one skate-sized box out of the apartment on the Friday (assumed it was a foot or hand on its way to the post office). With all the other stuff he had to do that Friday, are we supposed to believe he made four trips to the post-office?

Things just aren't adding up.

My point was and still is, JL was much heavier than LM, I remember somewhere I read that JL was not happy with his current weight, he gained a lot of pounds lately

GRAPHIC
My point is I cannot see someone as scrawny and little dragging a body all over the apartment like LM did. Putting it in the bathtub, and back onto the bed, in the multiple positions that it was in.

My second point was how do you cut through human bones with a kitchen knife? I have a dog and I buy him pizzle sticks...google it...but it takes me almost five minutes to cut one of them in half with a knife and they are not even half an inch thick.

Things do not make sense here. I firmly believe he did not do all of this alone.

But that is just my belief.

I haven't read that JL had gained weight, so I don't know about that. But he worked out and was muscular.....I remember reading that. Either way, it does seem strange that little Luka would be able to drag him anywhere. Good point.

The only thing I can think of at the moment (without hurting my brain), is that he has some sort of mental illness (that was known at the time), and it was decided that he needed supervision.

22 years is an adult here, too. Actually, 18 is.

if someone posts bail and/or signs on as a guarantor, then it doesn't matter what age the accused is

the restrictions, like a curfew or having to always be in the presence of a guarantor, are agreed on by all parties prior to the accused being released

the guarantor usually puts up collatoral, such as a house, and promises to report the accused should they violate any terms of the agreement

I haven't read that JL had gained weight, so I don't know about that. But he worked out and was muscular.....I remember reading that. Either way, it does seem strange that little Luka would be able to drag him anywhere. Good point.

I also agree that Luka is too small for that kind of heavy lifting (and I also sense his type is too lazy).

I have also thought ... if there was a 2nd perp who did the actually killing and has left evidence such as DNA ... it could cause problems for the DA similar to how convicted criminals are exonerated when someone else's DNA is found.

The only thing I saw pic of in the bathroom were the arms head etc. never saw the torso anywhere but on the bed and in the suitcase outside. I don't see any evidence that he moved the heavy part of the body anywhere. But I have missed things..do you know for a fact the torso was in the bathroom?

Do we know if the suitcase had wheels?

he thought he had gained weight and posted on his Chinese blog that he was on a diet

he looked fine to me ... even on the thin side

Just a few questions / observations .
  • Was mentioned {reported ?} CCTV footage exists from outside the Montreal rented home of Luka. Footage of items being placed in or near trash bin.
    Any footage of Lin Jun and Luka entering the home together ?
  • Any details of how the 2 knew each other ? Luka possibly trolled CL. Did the 2 meet online? Or have a real life relationship ? How did Lin Jun end up at the home of Luka? Were the reports of Luka having been broken up with by Lin Jun true possible at all ? Did they enter the home together - or did Lin Jun simply knock on the door - never having set eyes on Luka in real life until the day of his demise. Possibly being set up in some way - answering a CL ad for purchase of anything from text books to a bike or any number of things.
  • A family member of Luka mentioned that at aged 7 Luka did something that destroyed their family - but gave no details.
  • A few articles mention Luka has a child - the person who rented the apartment to Luka stated Luka moved to the area to be close to his child. Another man who took photos of Luka in his home has written an article and included the photos - this man also states Luka told him he has a child.
    Photos of Luka with a child have been included in Luka's True Blue Video. Is this his child - or possibly a nephew ?
  • Among the unsecured creditors was the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services, which was owed $1,030 for an unspecified debt. If Luka owed Child Support in Ontario - would Social Services be the agency to collect - or can this debt be ruled out in connection to Child Support issues ?

where did you read that Luka hurt his family at age 7? I've seen that it was many years ago but not a specific age

Does anyone have further info or links to his usernames, whatever Luka used on right wing forums like Stormfront? The Daily Mirror broke a story on that about a week ago. I was pretty sure Canadian media would try to bury that part of the story. The Macleans article does just that but does but allow this point:

"His slaying is widely seen in Lin’s homeland as racially motivated". They then dismiss that idea. Canadian media and the Canadian government need to tackle that head on not ignore it - for all kinds of reasons including honesty and good foreign relations.

We need to get someone who reads Chinese really well to see what Chinese newspapers have come up with should be possible.

You know, that crossed my mind because he was seen carrying one skate-sized box out of the apartment on the Friday (assumed it was a foot or hand on its way to the post office). With all the other stuff he had to do that Friday, are we supposed to believe he made four trips to the post-office?

Things just aren't adding up.

If the murder happened around midnight on the 24th, the mutilation in the following few hours, box and have the packages ready to mail (this was premeditated) in the morning on the 25tth. Sleep for a couple of hours, mail the packages. Clean out the apartment, sleep some more, get on a plane to Paris at midnight on the 26, arrive in Paris on the 27th. I think there was enough time.

If the murder happened around midnight on the 24th, the mutilation in the following few hours, box and have the packages ready to mail (this was premeditated) in the morning on the 25tth. Sleep for a couple of hours, mail the packages. Clean out the apartment, sleep some more, get on a plane to Paris at midnight on the 26, arrive in Paris on the 27th. I think there was enough time.
Sleep on a blood-soaked mattress? And what about the time it would take to do something with the head? (unless it was in the trash).

Air Transat doesn't have flights near midnight on a Friday night, but has one at 11:25 pm on Saturday (26th) night, which would put him into Paris on the Sunday (27th). What did he do Friday night (sleep on the blood-soaked mattress again?) and all day Saturday? Have I got the correct flight (610)?

I had always assumed that he left shortly after midnight Friday night because most news reports say he left on the 26th "around midnight" and arrived on the same day (impossible if it was flight 610). The blogger said they were on flight 610 and it arrived in Paris around midnight (not true - it arrives at 12:10 pm, but this was repeated by Maclean's magazine).

Now my whole timeline is off LOL

googling Luka Magnotta Stormfront does bring up a good National Post article from June 1st and the first result is a important anti-racism site.

Does anyone have further info or links to his usernames, whatever Luka used on right wing forums like Stormfront? The Daily Mirror broke a story on that about a week ago. I was pretty sure Canadian media would try to bury that part of the story. The Macleans article does just that but does but allow this point:

"His slaying is widely seen in Lin’s homeland as racially motivated". They then dismiss that idea. Canadian media and the Canadian government need to tackle that head on not ignore it - for all kinds of reasons including honesty and good foreign relations.

We need to get someone who reads Chinese really well to see what Chinese newspapers have come up with should be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990