ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a spirited conversation with my father several years ago before he got too old to remember everything, he was a prison psychiatrist for 40 years and we once had a discussion about my favorite basketball player Michael Jordan and we came to the possible conclusion that someone like him, who is ruthless, absolutely fearless, extremely confident to the point of being cocky and arrogant and whose desire to win burns inside of him and who will let no one get in his way to be the best there is, does indeed have many of the same traits a psychopath or sociopath has and that it is possible sports stars like him, guys who rise to the top when the game really matters and who perform when the pressure is really on and who will not let anyone stand in their way, who are ruthless and must win at all costs, may indeed be sociopaths/psychopaths. It was a really interesting discussion and there are a lot of these people all around us many of them who are war heros, sports stars and other famous men and women in history who have these same traits. Its really a fascinating thing to consider.

not sure where i've heard and have read, but it was a professional saying that there are hundreds of sociopath's walking around but not all of them go off the deep end and end up killing like a Ted Bundy. Very interesting, indeed, to think about!

not sure where i've heard and have read, but it was a professional saying that there are hundreds of sociopath's walking around but not all of them go off the deep end and end up killing like a Ted Bundy. Very interesting, indeed, to think about!

Yea that has actually been a hot topic lately, there have been several reports, articles and books written about that very thing in the last few years.

Just had a random thought, that may have been brought up before, but I have fallen behind over the weekend and have decided to just insert myself into the middle of conversations, because I am cool like that... :not_ripe:

About the head... perhaps LM hid it somewhere, and intends to try to use it to get some sort of plea bargain? An "I'll tell you where it is if you reduce my sentence" kind of deal?

I doubt we will hear about the location of the head, unless it indeed has been mailed off to someone. Otherwise, I think he'll be mute on that point. It was his show, and he decides how it ends. We were "lucky" to get a glimpse of his "genius".

In any case, whatever happens when Mr. Magnotta enters Canadian soil, he will think he is home free. He thinks he is very, very smart. So smart, that he won't be convicted. Smart enough to even be able to make not one, but several book deals out of his story.... with record breaking amounts of money paid for them. He is convinced he is not identifiable in the videos, and that every single piece of evidence the LE have is merely circumstantial. Of course he thinks so. He is a classic narcissist. Albeit, with tendencies towards narcissistic behaviour, that will also be his vulnerability and ultimate downfall. As getting caught in an Internet Café (so last century) studying news stories and old sex vids of himself. It does not get more classicaly narcissistic than that.
With regards to his unfortunate victim... well. He was nothing more than that. Unfortunate. In LRM's eyes at least. He was a means to the goal. Infamy. Celebrity. A place forever in Wikipedia. An inauguration into The Hall Of Fame of Modern Time (Serial) Killers.

It always was, and still is, and always will be, for him.....
all about fame.
Nothing else.
And he is willing to languish for the rest of his life in prison just for that. He'll be well fed, looked after.... and famous. He'll be in heaven.

That is quite interesting. Good psychopaths/sociopaths vs bad ones... people who use their 'difference' for good, instead of evil. I suppose this is where the nature/nurture thing comes in?

Interesting indeed...

or in the case of my two Exhibit A ex's... public image = good; private image = evil... it really does boil down to appearances.

or in the case of my two Exhibit A ex's... public image = good; private image = evil... it really does boil down to appearances.

That is another interesting subject all itself, amazing to look at the public life of some very famous people from writers to war heros to artists and musicians and politicians and great statesman with flawless public images but who were horrible husbands and fathers and sons and brothers and who treated their families like crap. Some of the greatest people in history who we all admire were exactly like that.

That is quite interesting. Good psychopaths/sociopaths vs bad ones... people who use their 'difference' for good, instead of evil. I suppose this is where the nature/nurture thing comes in?

Interesting indeed...

The subject is indeed interesting. The book I've been reading refers to some as ... "intelligent/successful psychopaths who are able to transcend the bounds of conventional thought, providing a creative spark for the arts, the theater, design and so on. Whatever the merits of this argument, they are more than offset--in my view--by the broken hearts, shattered careers and used-up people left in their wake as they cut a zigzag route through society, driven by a remorseless need to "express themselves.""

Fascinating subject and book .. "Without Conscience" - Robert D. Hare, PhD

The subject is indeed interesting. The book I've been reading refers to some as ... "intelligent/successful psychopaths who are able to transcend the bounds of conventional thought, providing a creative spark for the arts, the theater, design and so on. Whatever the merits of this argument, they are more than offset--in my view--by the broken hearts, shattered careers and used-up people left in their wake as they cut a zigzag route through society, driven by a remorseless need to "express themselves.""

Fascinating subject and book .. "Without Conscience" - Robert D. Hare, PhD

That is very well said.

I've been perusing the site for a bit but not near as much as I've been looking for Luka's online footprint. I remembered something from about 9 months ago and finally found it.

While I'm not 100% sure it's Luka (99.999...%), I find it very intriguing. If this is Luka, it shows...
01: He understood the magnitude of his "sickness" and how "I think I have the potential to do bad things but I also know self control to an extent". Shows that he has rational thought, knows the difference between right and wrong, and also that he had an opportunity to seek professional help.
02: Pedophilia.
03: How he delights in the pain and humiliation of others.
04: Shows how he was trying, unsuccessfully, to access the Deep Web as early as June 05, 2011.
05: How he "also kind of would like to go to prison, idk why but it seems interesting to be living with people that are just like me."

The author mentions just turning 18. But I believe without a doubt that "aevin" is Luka.

Search: yahoo answers How do you start getting into the deepweb?

Anyone know any specifics about said account?

I understand. He's definitely no evil genius, but I don't think he's a completely empty vessel either. I'm anxious to hear his diagnosis (if any). The psychology of humans has always fascinated me. And that came out in me when really thinking about his song choice. JMO! Thank you for the discussion. :rocker:

Completely agree and as someone noted he may have mimiced at the end of his video (haven't watched not against people watching it though) the closing scene of the New Order video. The music of that period is often very dark Tears for Fears sang /I think it kind of funny/I think it kind of sad/The dreams in which I'm dying/Are the best I've ever had/ and oddly people say "what a beautiful song!" The Stranglers Skin Deep another relevant song does partly describe L.M. but there is something else going on.

As I have said to mostly deaf ears there is a political dimension to this whether it is regular politics or the society of the spectacle (Debord) It might turn out to be relevant to compare Breivik and Magnotta. He is not the first murderer, necrophile, or cannibal only the film really sets hims apart. Rather than the discussion of psychopathy which is a given would be looking at what used to be called MPD. In his hello to his fans on the run I think he "is" Madonna at that moment.

That 'aevin' username could be him, although it doesn't have his characteristic writing style, unless he is copy-pasting as he sometimes would. It could have been typed during one of his more lucid moments though.

I don't have any specifics on that particular account, but I can tell you that Magnotta started posting about the 'Deep Web' and Tor long before June 2011.

And yahoo Answers is one of his favorite sites :)

Not saying it's not him, but I am not convinced that it is either.

It is interesting how many people have come across this guy over the years, well before this happened. Some because of the rumours he started about himself and Homolka, some because of the kitten killings, some because of his youtube rants, and some just because he was a prolific nuisance.

He sure got around, didn't he?

We know that police have RAW footage of the murder.
We know that police have confirmed that the perpetrator ate the victim.
We know that Luka Magnotta has been arrested and charged with first degree murder as the perpetrator.
We know that we will not get more information about evidence until trial.

I get the impression that you are frustrated with the Canadian laws that do not release evidence to the media during an investigation.

The language surrounding police's screening of the video was ambiguous. The original MSM outlet that equated the "raw" tape as being an unedited version quietly retracted a sentence, leaving its own reporting ambiguous. Where could LE have acquired an unedited version of the video? We know LM completely cleaned out his apartment, and if it was made available somewhere on the Internet, it'd be posted on the "surface" web by now (gore sites are aggressively searching for it). If it was found in Europe (e.g. his abandoned phone), I highly doubt enough time would've passed to transfer it to Canadian LE by the time the statement was made. And such information would've more than likely been leaked. The charges against LM certainly don't suggest LE has the unedited video, as there's more than enough circumstantial evidence to file such charges.

Unless LM included the unedited video in his mailings, I have doubts as to whether LE has acquired it.

The language surrounding police's screening of the video was ambiguous. The original MSM outlet that equated the "raw" tape as being an unedited version quietly retracted a sentence, leaving its own reporting ambiguous. Where could LE have acquired an unedited version of the video? We know LM completely cleaned out his apartment, and if it was made available somewhere on the Internet, it'd be posted on the "surface" web by now (gore sites are aggressively searching for it). If it was found in Europe (e.g. his abandoned phone), I highly doubt enough time would've passed to transfer it to Canadian LE by the time the statement was made. And such information would've more than likely been leaked. The charges against LM certainly don't suggest LE has the unedited video, as there's more than enough circumstantial evidence to file such charges.

Unless LM included the unedited video in his mailings, I have doubts as to whether LE has acquired it.

It is possible he included the unedited video in his mailings. Also possible that he 'hid' it in the apartment, and it was found either during the searches or clean-up. Or perhaps it was in the suitcase with the torso. Also, they could have searched landfills (quietly) and found it there. Many possibilities. It is equally as possible that they do not have the unedited version, and 'raw' was used to mean 'disturbing'.

That 'aevin' username could be him, although it doesn't have his characteristic writing style, unless he is copy-pasting as he sometimes would. It could have been typed during one of his more lucid moments though.

I don't have any specifics on that particular account, but I can tell you that Magnotta started posting about the 'Deep Web' and Tor long before June 2011.

And yahoo Answers is one of his favorite sites :)

Not saying it's not him, but I am not convinced that it is either.

it's him IMO

his most recognizable writing 'trait' is contained in that posting

does anyone else think that Luka is already back in Canada?

I think he's either here or on his way

another poster previously mentioned this & ITA

they tend to do transports quietly although it would be great if someone would tip off the media so they can be there as he's coming through the airport 'cause I wanna see his ugly frightened face knowing that justice is coming

does anyone else think that Luka is already back in Canada?

I think he's either here or on his way

another poster previously mentioned this & ITA

they tend to do transports quietly although it would be great if someone would tip off the media so they can be there as he's coming through the airport 'cause I wanna see his ugly frightened face knowing that justice is coming

I would like to see the look of humiliation... knowing that the cameras in his face will plaster his acne-scarred, makeupless, unphotoshopped face all over the place, for everybody to see. His worst nightmare, I reckon....

I found a few more sites with accounts of his, including one which is a Russian Nitelife sight that he had about 3 posts in. I know someone mentioned about him maybe knowing people there and stuff. But it may not be nothing just thought I'd share anyways. The other accounts at the bottom I didn't really see much.
http://russianmeetingplace.com/forums/index.php?threads/russian-nitelife-luka-magnotta-2010.28759/
In this one he makes a post in August 2010 about being in Russia and how he plans to go back every 2 months, and how he was there in may as well...He talks about how great the nightlife there is and asks what are good places in Moscow for gays...Says he's from canada and that his mother is russian and his father is italian. And in another post on the same account says that he is living in Miami, FL now that he just moved there from Canada. T
http://www.23hq.com/Luka_Magnotta/photo/4573393 Jun 26 2009
http://toronto.ibegin.com/misc/globex-foreign-exchange/pictures/5238.html Feb 10 2006
http://fliiby.com/file/931178/x9e4vxuy8w.html 2010

http://lukamagnotta.atom5.com/

I found this which I thought was a little odd where he talks about why he won't listen to Madonna's song "True Blue" b/c it was written (and inspired)by his ex and their break up in 2005. I don't know if he literally thinks there break-up inspired madonna's song or if he just worded if kind of weird. He then goes on to say that he has now replaced that song with the song "Cherish" b/c it's similar but doesn't bring up tha painful memories. Posted June 1, 2009

If you do a google image search using luka magnotta moscow, there are a couple of pics that seem to indicate he was there (i don't think they are photoshopped, but perhaps others can give their opinion in that regard.)

Re: the head, I'm still of the thought it will turn up at Alex West's office here, with a note "told you you'd be hearing from me". Surface international takes eons to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62