ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we've been sleuthing for weeks, learning about his most-complex one-man-band cult of personality and had in-depth discussions about the 'Look At Me' moment [or culture] which Magnotta and those using this case to attempt to have their own moment in the spotlight thrive on.

When I read about self-promotion and attention seeking from the authorities I thought about this guy:
Traffic Cops - Cardiff man fakes a hit and run in Cardiff - YouTube

and I wondered if we should be worried about where he is and what he is planning on doing for attention next?
It is almost like a different form of Munchausen's syndrome, instead of illness it is criminality that the person uses to gain attention.

1st time post, long time lurker so sorry if I inadvertenly made a mistake in formatting/netiquette.

BumFacer.

I imagine in LM's world, he was re creating an idealized date with a girl,( in the regular sense of the word) but within the safety net of a familiar male.
Some believe that cross/dressers long to be close to (a) mother and dressing in female clothing allows for that in a"'safe"way, perhaps explaining a lack of sex drive, but desire to impress.

I also doubt her credibility.
Who turns a story about a relationship with a killer into a photoshoot?
Then again, who publicly tells the story about a relationship with a killer...

... somebody seeking attention, that's who!
I doubt the credibility of all of these so-called 'exes'.

Re the 'exes':

I also have serious doubts that Nina or Barbie ever dated LM. Considering LM couldn't go 5 minutes without posing for a photo, I find it suspicious that neither of them have any photos with LM.

I don't know anything about Barbie, but Nina definitely loves the spotlight. She was featured in the first season of 'Kink' (on Bravo I believe) and loves attention. She was on Dr. Drew's show last week and I found it interesting that Dr. Drew didn't invite her or seek her out, but rather she approached him and asked to be on his show. Might not mean anything, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Re Basic Instinct/ possible Manny link?:

Various reports have mentioned that LM idolized Stone's ice pick-wielding character Catherine Trammel in Basic Instinct; he even gave the name 'Kirk Trammel' when German police approached him in the internet cafe and asked for his name.

So, with that in mind I was doing a little research on the movie Basic Instinct, and found that Sharon Stone's character Catherine Trammel's fiancé's name was Manny.

From Catherine Trammel's character history on Wikipedia: 'She was engaged to a middleweight boxer named Manuel "Manny" Vásquez, who was killed in 1984 during a prizefight in Atlantic City. Openly bisexual, she has many short-lived, empty affairs with people of both sexes, ending when she discards and kills them.'

Don't know if that has been brought up before, but I found it interesting. :)

One last thought (sorry - I've been lurking since the beginning of this awful case and I'm just finally making my first post now. lol): I think LM wanted LE to find the longer 'slightly edited' version of the video. Why would he empty his entire apartment and get rid of EVERYTHING (with the exception of a bed, dresser, and sofa) and leave his laptop behind? The guy is not a genius, but considering how much time he spent on the internet he had to know that pressing 'delete' doesn't actually delete files.

Okay - one more thing: you guys are awesome. :yourock: This site is my new addiction! :Banane37:

I really don't know but I'd think sending body parts to any head of state would be called a threat/harassment. Also, he might have included a note which was threatening.

Yes I believe there is a note. It would be interesting to know what it says there are threats of violence and there are other kinds of threats.

This site is my new addiction! :Banane37:
<rsbm>

Ahh ... i sense a new thread coming up entitled "Sleuth-Anon"?

Welcome lunabella !! and all the other new posters I've been negligent in saying a special Hello to.

I really don't know but I'd think sending body parts to any head of state would be called a threat/harassment. Also, he might have included a note which was threatening.

Yes I believe there is a note. It would be interesting to know what it says there are threats of violence and there are other kinds of threats.

Can't access the old threads, but iirc, LE said very early on (the first 2 packages) that the note(s?) indicated to the effect "the killings won't stop" or "there will be more". There were notes included with the packages delivered in Vancouver, but i don't believe there was any reference to what they contained.

I also doubt her credibility.
Who turns a story about a relationship with a killer into a photoshoot?
Then again, who publicly tells the story about a relationship with a killer...

... somebody seeking attention, that's who!
I doubt the credibility of all of these so-called 'exes'.

Some of the photos looked as if they were done in front of a green screen with the various backgrounds added in later... Anyone else get that impression?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Some of the photos looked as if they were done in front of a green screen with the various backgrounds added in later... Anyone else get that impression?

Definitely. I found it pretty funny, actually. It looked like someone took a pair of craft scissors and cut her out of a picture and 'Elmer's glued it' onto the appropriate background scene. lol.

Yup, my first thought was also "a manipulated picture". As for her/his/its story...... yeah..... well......how should I put it...... ATTENTIONSEEKER. The " it could have been me" quote... I'm getting tired of that....

Not sure which specific pics you are referring to Hastings. Could you please clue me in.

I may have missed some of the earlier discussion re Nina, but how do we think LRM managed to hook up with someone with any degree of notoriety within the gay community? (There is one pic in google images where she is photographed with Canada's now retired Minister of Defence BG, and the Toronto Pride co-chair).

With the current Toronto Mayor's stance re non-attendance at Pride, you'd have to consider that possibly he might have expected a package to arrive in the mail. FWIW, i think it's possible that IF the skull was delivered anywhere by now, it may have been hushed to avoid sensationalism and/or out of respect for Lin Jun's family. We may not hear anything until trial.

I agree the lighting in the background on the second two is inconsistent with the lighting on "her" face and chest. Further..the lighting on her appears to be artificial...while the backgrounds of course are natural light.

I just finished watching the movie "We need to talk about Kevin". I highly recommend the movie for those following this thread. Very very interesting and will also remind us that it may not be ML's upbringing that made him this way.

I just finished watching the movie "We need to talk about Kevin". I highly recommend the movie for those following this thread. Very very interesting and will also remind us that it may not be ML's upbringing that made him this way.

a friend of mine watched that the other day and told me to watch it...i have yet to sit long enough to do so, but it is on my watch list on amazon....

This is old news... but in the kitten python video, wasn't LM still trying to mask his identity? The reason I ask is because of this picture which I haven't seen before. Considering it's in MSM, I'm sure you may have.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01519/SNN0105HX---_1519631a.jpg

there are a number of pics of him and the python that can be found in his numerous photo albums....

while he masks his face during the kill....he is seen in various pics w/ that snake..

I saw that about a week ago and since then I've been thinking of how LMs Mom is feeling and dealing with all of this.

I totally believe whoever said he would sell his other version would most likely be his reasoning on the extras 4mins 15 seconds on tape (most likely the actual killing) which helps me also believe that he deleted it when he got as much attention and took to running. I still believe the original video was at least an hour in length, including possible bathroom scenes, face, talking, etc.

I also wish this thread had a discussion/link thread as a lot of people are posting constantly changing ideas, and i have read hours and hours of ideas just to find minutes of evidence. No offense intended, just wish something this big had its own small area if even just for a no discussion facts only thread.

When I read about self-promotion and attention seeking from the authorities I thought about this guy:
Traffic Cops - Cardiff man fakes a hit and run in Cardiff - YouTube

and I wondered if we should be worried about where he is and what he is planning on doing for attention next?
It is almost like a different form of Munchausen's syndrome, instead of illness it is criminality that the person uses to gain attention.

1st time post, long time lurker so sorry if I inadvertenly made a mistake in formatting/netiquette.

BumFacer.

hahahaha what a maroon (sic)

I posted previously that I've personally experienced not one, but two (!) people who faked a hit & run & I wish they'd been fined or charged for their idiocy too.

I think there is a name for the 'syndrome', other than pathological liar or narcissist or even psychopath but I don't know what it is.

a friend of mine watched that the other day and told me to watch it...i have yet to sit long enough to do so, but it is on my watch list on amazon....

Let us know after you watch it. It gave me another perspective on his family and what they may have gone through. It makes us take a step back and not be quick to judge those that may not have had any control over his behaviours.

I did find something interesting last night about one of his family members who is a volunteer with an organization that helps youth with problems.

I have the link to the homepage of the organization but not sure I am allowed to post it.

there are a number of pics of him and the python that can be found in his numerous photo albums....

while he masks his face during the kill....he is seen in various pics w/ that snake..

Where would he have got a snake this size? He could not have had it that long if he travelled as much as he has led us to believe. I wonder if the snake belonged to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—