ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wondering this for a long time now. It's possible that it belongs to the other person seen in the "Petting of the snake" video (not the kitten killing video). But, I really can't say for certain.

I found one of his videos a couple of days ago. I can't remember where. It was a slide show of his alleged trip to Bermuda, and there was a shot of him in the video with that snake I hadn't seen before.

Remington's is what I have seen in a few articles. The strip club name..

Correct.

In the Barbie babble article there is a photo of Remington's that made me laugh simply because it shows a Tea/Coffee shop situated between Remington's and an 18+ Adult Cinema; made me think what an odd location for a tea shop...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Btw...the Barbie from the article is the same Barbie that has her eyes blacked out standing with LM in front of a Limo. if you google Todrama.com and Barbie swallows you can find the picture of them..and additional pics of the "girl" from the article..she did date him...not saying there is much merit to what she said..just saying they do appear to have a history.

Yeah, I found her with that same username on a site called tgirlforum, and she was talking about dating Luka in posts back in 2009.

What is really weird, though, is someone posting under the marilynmonroe4 moniker, mentioned upthread on a forum called, FreeOnes, and signing as "Luka Magnotta" with a pic that is him, is claiming to have dated someone named, Dallas.

Well, "Barbie_swallows" was also claiming to have dated a Dallas at the same time.

Not only that, but marilynmonroe4, who is claiming to be Luka, sounds identical to "Barbie_swallows." It's like Luka was pretending to be her!

Some of the photos looked as if they were done in front of a green screen with the various backgrounds added in later... Anyone else get that impression?

Starting to play catch-up now! Yes, I did get that impression. Definitely green screen photography :)

Hey, somebody died! Please, take my picture! :woohoo:

Thanks JBean!

And thanks for making me laugh- you saying you never go in there made me wonder "is it scary there" and "is it haunted"... :p

LOL Chat is too crazy for me, I can't keep up. But you can pretty much say whatever you want in there as it's real time talk and not a posting forum.
Just set up a time to meet and here are instructions how to get into chat.
Again, I never go in there so I am assuming it is all still good to go and functional LOL.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: I am hearing that we may not have the channel anymore- maybe a couple of you guys may want to try signing in and check if you can see each other?

Ugh. Be warned that the other thread is not just a discussion link!!!

The first pic that's in one of the first posts is one I just can't do. ***shudder***

Pass the eye bleach, please. Bwughhh.

OK, I watched the movie, We Need to Talk about Kevin, and honestly...this isn't at all how I picture Luka. However, it was a disturbing movie and horribly filmed, so disjointed as to be next to impossible to follow. Why does this movie resonate to some of you, in terms of this case?

OK, I watched the movie, We Need to Talk about Kevin, and honestly...this isn't at all how I picture Luka. However, it was a disturbing movie and horribly filmed, so disjointed as to be next to impossible to follow. Why does this movie resonate to some of you, in terms of this case?

This movie very much made me see how I, at the beginning of this entire thing with LM, was quick, and I think many of us, started to perhaps put credence in LM's story of his childhood, parental abuse, ect because. We discussed his family and couldn't wrap our heads how someone could do this, that something must have made him be this way from early age. It made me realize, that like the family in the movie, that perhaps the family was not responsible at all. The part that truly hit me too was the ending and Kevin's words when his mother asked him "why". I don't want to spoil the movie for others so that is all I can say at this point as explanation.

I don't think Luka was like the kid in the movie, but it shows what horror the family of the killer has to go through as well. Just gotta remember that the families of the murderers are innocent in these situations too... but are often treated just as guilty as the killer.

This movie very much made me see how I, at the beginning of this entire thing with LM, was quick, and I think many of us, started to perhaps put credence in LM's story of his childhood, parental abuse, ect because. We discussed his family and couldn't wrap our heads how someone could do this, that something must have made him be this way from early age. It made me realize, that like the family in the movie, that perhaps the family was not responsible at all. The part that truly hit me too was the ending and Kevin's words when his mother asked him "why". I don't want to spoil the movie for others so that is all I can say at this point as explanation.

Actually, what I saw was a mother who clearly didn't want him from the start, who didn't nurture him...you see her early on holding him at arms length as he cries and jiggles him ineffectively. I think it is pretty clear in the movie that the mother has some serious issues with intimacy. She is an emotional mess.

I read the book several months ago and recently watched the movie. I agree the movie was a bit disjointed and having read the book previously was definitely an advantage. I just believe it opens the question as to was LRM born as a "bad seed" (also a movie) or was his childhood environment somewhat responsible?

I found one of his videos a couple of days ago. I can't remember where. It was a slide show of his alleged trip to Bermuda, and there was a shot of him in the video with that snake I hadn't seen before.

Bermuda? Are you sure it was Bermuda. I have been to Bermuda and it is a VERY small island. Everyone knows everyone's business in Bermuda, so if someone owns a snake like that in Bermuda it would VERY easy to find out. I have a friend who lives in Bermuda so I can find this out easily.

I read the book several months ago and recently watched the movie. I agree the movie was a bit disjointed and having read the book previously was definitely an advantage. I just believe it opens the question as to was LRM born as a "bad seed" (also a movie) or was his childhood environment somewhat responsible?

It's the age old argument of nature versus nurture. I believe that it is probably a bit of both. There are many socipaths and psychopaths walking among us who never go on to murder; what makes them different? Perhaps THEY are the ones with loving, supportive families behind them. Luka almost certainly came from a horrible backgroud as some family members have attested to.

Re Basic Instinct/ possible Manny link?:

Various reports have mentioned that LM idolized Stone's ice pick-wielding character Catherine Trammel in Basic Instinct; he even gave the name 'Kirk Trammel' when German police approached him in the internet cafe and asked for his name.

So, with that in mind I was doing a little research on the movie Basic Instinct, and found that Sharon Stone's character Catherine Trammel's fiancé's name was Manny.

From Catherine Trammel's character history on Wikipedia: 'She was engaged to a middleweight boxer named Manuel "Manny" Vásquez, who was killed in 1984 during a prizefight in Atlantic City. Openly bisexual, she has many short-lived, empty affairs with people of both sexes, ending when she discards and kills them.'

Don't know if that has been brought up before, but I found it interesting. :)
Excellent discovery!

Actually, what I saw was a mother who clearly didn't want him from the start, who didn't nurture him...you see her early on holding him at arms length as he cries and jiggles him ineffectively. I think it is pretty clear in the movie that the mother has some serious issues with intimacy. She is an emotional mess.

Well you and I didn't see things the same way. I saw a child, baby, that no matter what mom did just cried and cried and screamed and screamed all day and when dad got home..... He was quiet. He wore a diaper till he was what age? And did this to spite his mother, as you see him purposely soil himself.... How come the mother didn't treat her second child the same way? Kevin had major issues from the time he was a baby, no fault to the parents. He manipulated his parents, treated his sibling extremely poorly in words and actions. Killed her guinea pig and had no remorse. Than go out and kills humans. Sounds like LM to me. Jmoo

I just believe it opens the question as to was LRM born as a "bad seed" (also a movie) or was his childhood environment somewhat responsible?

I think the possibility and probability of him being a victim of abuse in his past (including childhood) is absolutely a sound argument....and to dismiss him just because he lies at times is teetering on a fine line of whether or not to believe ANY victim who alleges abuse. If there is no physical evidence of abuse, does that mean it never occurred?

Abuse in homes that seem relatively normal and even perfect from the outside is huge in this world.....and it FOREVER leaves an imprint on those who were victims of that abuse. Some manage to break the cycle and move on with their lives as best they can. Others never manage and become truly ****ed up people.

And while people may lie about it, people also tell the truth too. So how do we come to a conclusion of who is a victim and who is a liar?

Im in no way trying to give LM an excuse or a way out of what he did.

I responded to you because you bring up a very valid question....its a very good debate to have just in general, putting this case aside.....and its one that "experts" write about supporting all different kinds of theories....

And while we are trying to discuss the "why" of this horrendous crime, I believe that in figuring out that equation, abuse may very well play a big part. Or not. The equation could be brain abnormality when born = psychopathic killer.

I also believe it is a valid topic because I think he may try and use that in his defense....in order to get a lesser sentence. "Im a victim of abuse which destroyed my ability to make appropriate choices in my life" "Im a victim of abuse and I was unable to break that cycle".............the list goes on, on how he can play out his defense in order to try and get a lesser sentence.

(im no attorney though, so I could be way off in left field....im just very focused and concerned on what his defense will be and if he will be able to walk on our streets again. but if i were a defense attorney, id be playing that up big time....)

To quote Mick Jagger... "Please allow me to introduce myself...."

Hi everyone. I just discovered this site a couple of nights ago and have spent the last couple of days going through all the threads on this case. Fantastic discussions. I'll look forward to contributing in exchanging info and ideas going forward. Thought I'd just drop a message in first before I started replying and posting so you hopefully now know where I started!

I'm following the case intensely, and have access to a lot of Canadian media , television as well as print and online, so I'll chime in when applicable.

I've known people who had unbelievably hard lives who have gone on to be great people. I've also known people with wonderful childhoods who are horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member