ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, my mind is going off on a very wild tangent here, admittedly, but did anyone watch that seemingly random video of "crime" at the decarie address that shows a guy taking a shopping cart from what appears to be the basement or maint. area of a building. I saw it weeks ago and my first impression was that it was just random. But then someone posted it and now I'm thinking maybe it's *too* random. Does anyone recognize the dude in that vid?

also, my mind is going off on a very wild tangent here, admittedly, but did anyone watch that seemingly random video of "crime" at the decarie address that shows a guy taking a shopping cart from what appears to be the basement or maint. area of a building. I saw it weeks ago and my first impression was that it was just random. But then someone posted it and now I'm thinking maybe it's *too* random. Does anyone recognize the dude in that vid?

I still do not understand why that was posted here, and what it has to do with this case. It was just some older fellow in jeans. Most definitely not our suspect.

I believe what you were seeing is the CCTV in the basement of the building where the crime took place. The guy taking the cart probably lives there and was using it to haul something heavy out to the garbage, I imagine that is what the cart is for. Other than showing the CCTV in place in that building, the same one that LE was able to watch LM on, the guy and the video has nothing to do with the crime.

IMO LM seemed to go out of his way to make sure he was identified as the killer. Yes, he wore his hoodie and hid much of his face but that doesn't seem to be that sincere of an effort to avoid identification, especially given that he chose to video tape and publish his crime...and advertise about it in advance with his "have you seen 1 lunatic 1 pick" posts. Add to that the dog, which is a nod to his kitten killings and the Casablanca poster, he definitely wanted the world to look his direction. Sooo, is it a surprise he didn't wear gloves in the portion of the video shown, no not really IMO. His apt was drenched in blood, remaining body parts and a computer loaded with implicating info. So what if his finger prints are all over everything. If evidence shows his finger prints are on the parcels, pick, blood evidence, body parts...then I think it will only put an exclamation point on the fact he wasn't really trying to avoid detection. This is his crowning achievement, his claim to fame...how could he truly implement avoiding detection and yet get his crown?

I still do not understand why that was posted here, and what it has to do with this case. It was just some older fellow in jeans. Most definitely not our suspect.

I think the person who posted it just stumbled across it, like I did, while searching the address of the murder. I don't think the poster thought anything of it, either. But it's in May of this year, iirc, May 1st and, afaict, it doesn't say when it was uploaded. It's just soooo random that it just happened to be posted for this address and happened relatively shortly before the crime. I don't see anything else like this posted and it seems like something so minor to bother posting it on a crime reporting site. idk

Sorry if I sound all "conspiracy theory." I'm really not a crazy person lol. Really just wondering if the guy in the vid was possibly a tenant who's been interviewed or something.

IMO LM seemed to go out of his way to make sure he was identified as the killer. Yes, he wore his hoodie and hid much of his face but that doesn't seem to be that sincere of an effort to avoid identification, especially given that he chose to video tape and publish his crime...and advertise about it in advance with his "have you seen 1 lunatic 1 pick" posts. Add to that the dog, which is a nod to his kitten killings and the Casablanca poster, he definitely wanted the world to look his direction. Sooo, is it a surprise he didn't wear gloves in the portion of the video shown, no not really IMO. His apt was drenched in blood, remaining body parts and a computer loaded with implicating info. So what if his finger prints are all over everything. If evidence shows his finger prints are on the parcels, pick, blood evidence, body parts...then I think it will only put an exclamation point on the fact he wasn't really trying to avoid detection. This is his crowning achievement, his claim to fame...how could he truly implement avoiding detection and yet get his crown?

idk, then why not show his face and why so carefully edit the uploaded vid if he's going to put his prints all over the body the weapon and the items in the parcels? Not asking for an answer. Just explaining why I wonder.

The vein comparison makes me wonder about the significance of the lack of gloves in the video.

Warning...Graphic

I didn't look closely enough at the vid to see whether his hands were bloody. If not, wouldn't that imply that he'd either worn gloves for the worst of it or cleaned himself up in the interim. I would think that performing such a grisly act, particularly if you didn't intend to get caught out, would make you think about wearing gloves...hmmm

Ya know it is interesting you should mention that because the lack of blood on his hands did seem unusual given the circumstances.

Another interesting thing I observed is the appearance & disappearance of some significant wounds on the body... even when he was making a sweeping motion with the camera; no stopping & starting.

He either photoshopped the actual film in some parts or cleaned the body very well and some of the wounds somehow magically appeared healed or invisible in some frames & while others remained.

I made non-graphic illustrations noting the time stamps if anyone is interested and if the MODS approve; I will post.

As an example; I also made one for the pubic hair noting when it was evident and when it disappeared. I'll admit the first time I saw the video I thought it was two different people (the alive victim appeared thinner) and when the hair disappeared it just looked uuummm... different...

Attachments

• body4pubic.jpg
    body4pubic.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 110
i have a silly question to ask: why the crime scene is not protected? the sofa, bed dumped,the blood cleaned...arent they the most direct and valuable evidence?

'cause he is BSCrayCray.... :ufo:

i have a silly question to ask: why the crime scene is not protected? the sofa, bed dumped,the blood cleaned...arent they the most direct and valuable evidence?

They took photos and collected samples. I'm sure they removed most everything they could carry with two hands and have more than enough evidence to connect the victim & perp... although IMO they should have at least taken the sheets & shower curtain.

I have no idea. I am assuming it's because they had the torso, at least the edited video, dna from the scene and enough photos and other physical evidence that they felt they had everything they needed and more. I have no idea how Canadian LE operates, though, and very limited knowledge about how even US LE would handle a situation like this.

@Karmady....you ask why not just show his face? Well, apparently his pattern is to drum up drama and then deny. Negative attention IS attention. It draws out the drama longer if you don't totally identify yourself. It creates a "cat/mouse game" with the law. Additionally, I don't think he wanted to get arrested or found, so by not fully revealing himself he could always deny even if there are boatloads of fingerprints, dna and other evidence to the contrary. IMO he wanted the focus of the law but not the consequences of it. In the end, I think the consequences were not enough to hinder his spiral into the abyss whereby he'd finally get the recognition he yearns for.

Hello, just wanted to let you know that Mariam was not from Sri lanka, she was from Georgia (former soviet republic).

Also, you are correct about the Bois de Boulogne but the body parts were found in the Bois de Vincennes, on the opposite side of Paris.

Sri Lanka: I was talking about Sharmini Anandavel. Technically unsolved because they only had skeleton remains but her suspected killer is now in the dangerous offender programme because of another crime. It wasn't a reference to Mariam.

Someone here said Bois de Boulogne I have been to Vincennes once but daytime so I do not know if there is that kind of traffic there.

@Karmady....you ask why not just show his face? Well, apparently his pattern is to drum up drama and then deny. Negative attention IS attention. It draws out the drama longer if you don't totally identify yourself. It creates a "cat/mouse game" with the law. Additionally, I don't think he wanted to get arrested or found, so by not fully revealing himself he could always deny even if there are boatloads of fingerprints, dna and other evidence to the contrary. IMO he wanted the focus of the law but not the consequences of it. In the end, I think the consequences were not enough to hinder his spiral into the abyss whereby he'd finally get the recognition he yearns for.

...to add...

i feel he believes he would never be caught...he does love the cat and mouse game so he gives just enough bits of info to make it obvious it is him, but maybe in his mind, not enough to get caught and to convict him in court.

i totally can see his defense being "THAT IS NOT ME...IM BEING FRAMED"...along with "IVE BEEN A VICTIM MY WHOLE LIFE...."

we dont even know what all evidence LE has....and he may not know either....

i keep harping on this....but im reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly curious and wanting to know WHAT his defense will be. how will this be played out. how much will he admit to and how much will he deny....WHAT will his face look like as he sits there in the packed court room center of attention.....

....and all the thanks for him being identified so quickly goes to the animal rights people IMO
without there continued pursuit of him ,who would have immediately known it was him?
He was hiding his and his victims face so they could not be identified initially.
He wanted the fame but IMO he thought he had more time to "disappear"

The police said that they found identifying papers in the trash where the suitcase was found, so the big reason the police caught on as quickly as they did is that that trash had not been taken.

Separately, the ID of the snuff perp was already known on the internet because of the kitten videos and that sleuthing that had gone on. Unfortunately, it looks like the police could have found the body even quicker had they listened to (or heard from?) the folks who recognized Eric, and acted immediately. Those folks may have contacted police immediately -- they seem the type! -- but I don't believe that's been reported anywhere.

-- Also, y'all, that hideous, slimy sociopath I knew had a spoiled and very enviable upbringing :( I feel so bad for her parents, actually, and it was for them that I never reported what she did to me (and lack of good proof, which clearly matters ;) ). She told me some things she had done as a child, and they were mind-boggling in their lack of conscious. She didn't realize they weren't normal childhood stories.

Anyway, her parents always believed her excellent acting skills. Her story reminds me of Joran VdS in that she was more spoiled than anything else.

In her case, though, her real father (birth father) was said to be a bad, bad man. It certainly makes me think a thing or two about genetics there. So sad. She is truly a soulless being, and that scares me how sneaky they can be :(

Edit to add: as far as proof, she said things to me. I have all the proof a person would need in my own head :) I can't prove what she said, however. She really is a sociopath. Trust me! :D

@Karmady....you ask why not just show his face? Well, apparently his pattern is to drum up drama and then deny. Negative attention IS attention. It draws out the drama longer if you don't totally identify yourself. It creates a "cat/mouse game with the law. Additionally, I don't think he wanted to get arrested or found, so by not fully revealing himself he could always deny even if there are boatloads of fingerprints, dna and other evidence to the contrary. IMO he wanted the focus of the law but not the consequences of it. In the end, I think the consequences were not enough to hinder his spiral into the abyss whereby he'd finally get the recognition he yearns for.

I definitely appreciate what you are saying. My thinking is, though, if you want to maximize deniability while still being the obvious culprit, you'd want to hide both your face and undeniable physical evidence like fingerprints directly on the body and the murder weapon if, in fact, there are such fingerprints on the murder weapon (which, imo, was not the ice pick). His prints would be all over the apt. and that would be expected. But if he intends to claim that he was "framed" and/or that it's simply not him, why not do something as simple as wear surgical gloves to handle the body and the murder weapon. It's not like a blood soaked crime scene in his own apartment and an "advertised" published video showing someone who certainly appears to be him in that same apt. committing the crime, would not be sufficient to turn everyone's attention in his direction. Indeed, it has. jmo

...to add...

i feel he believes he would never be caught...he does love the cat and mouse game so he gives just enough bits of info to make it obvious it is him, but maybe in his mind, not enough to get caught and to convict him in court.

i totally can see his defense being "THAT IS NOT ME...IM BEING FRAMED"...along with "IVE BEEN A VICTIM MY WHOLE LIFE...."

we dont even know what all evidence LE has....and he may not know either....

i keep harping on this....but im reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly curious and wanting to know WHAT his defense will be. how will this be played out. how much will he admit to and how much will he deny....WHAT will his face look like as he sits there in the packed court room center of attention.....

ITA with ALL of this!

@prima.facie... Yes, I agree. I tend to think he'll claim it's not him, Manny made him do it, or the animal rights groups framed him. It shall be a circus, especially with him gluttonously soaking up the attention he's wanted while putting on an absurd "illusion act" defense. I am not familiar with Canada's legal system but as robust of a defense as he may claim, it appears to me that the evidence against him will be overwhelming.

They took photos and collected samples. I'm sure they removed most everything they could carry with two hands and have more than enough evidence to connect the victim & perp... although IMO they should have at least taken the sheets & shower curtain.

i see. thank you

@Karmady...yes I agree with you that someone more committed to avoiding an evidence trail would have done things differently. My point remains that I think his haphazard attempt to avoid detection reflects it was not as high of a priority for him, that his narcissistic drive for attention dominated this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back