ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's f&$Eing big of him.

How about a request from LE and the rest of mankind, to do the right thing, and remove the tortured last minutes of a HUMAN BEING from gawkers? Like the mourning family of Jun Lin needs to be worried about that right now.

When past convicted perps (for example Russell Williams), had the depravity to film his victims sexual assault and murders, the Detectives who were required to look at it, along with Williams Lawyer, had to all travel to Barrie, ON, OPP Headquarters, to minimize the potential for exposure to the depraved acts. Heck, Williams own Lawyer would only allow himself and one other person his firm to even be involved with that, to minimize the impact, and reduce creating other victims.

Have some decency, man. Take it down.

While I absolutely agree that the owner of that site should take it down, if it does not violate Canadian law I think it is the company's choice to feature it or delete it.

I've purposely never named that site and intentionally referred to it in a silly manner because I don't want that site to get additional hits.

If enough people send thoughtful, rationale messages to the owner of that site and/or begin petitions or social media groups focused on having that video removed, I suspect that the site's owner would comply.

If someone decides to start a petition, letter writing campaign or utilize social media to have this specific video removed from that site, I'll be the first to sign up.

Regarding the Montreal ad someone posted on page 39 (sorry having problems posting for some reason) it would be easy to find out if it was him, just send a reply to the ad and wait to see if someone answers.

Thanks Hastings. Now I will go to bed with that Justin Timberlake song in my head. I've been humming it in my head since you made reference to it!

I agree!

I cannot imagine viewing this, even out of curiosity.

MOO, it crosses a definite line for me.

RIP Jun Lin

I suggested this 5 pages ago.... I still stand by my guess. It reminded me of the puppies in the movie "Babe"

Ugghh!!!! Just watched it again, and my VERY FIRST thought about this animal, which was shocking to see an animal appear in the video, was, and still is, that this is a pitbull puppy mixed with some other breed. I believe the little dog is probably about 4 months old, which is close to how long LM had been in that particular apartment.

GRAPHIC WARNING.....

I sadly believe the dog had been fed nothing but raw meat, and it had been denied food, i.e. starved, for a period of time leading up to the filming of this disgusting act. I do not believe a normal puppy would do what this one did. A starved and trained puppy would. After watching the video again, I do NOT believe LM was a cannibal. He definitely carved out a piece of flesh from the hip of this poor soul with a fork and a rather dull knife, but I do NOT believe HE consumed it. If you watch the shadows on the video at this point, he immediately moves behind him to get the puppy. I just want to add, that if LM wanted this video to be shocking, he succeeded, but at this point in time, after watching his miserable and horrible attempt for attention for a second time, I am more disgusted than shocked. Here is a picture that is the closest I can find of the animal in the video. There are several puppies in the link but I believe the animal in the video is closest to one of the black and white ones in the link.

Attachments

• pit-bull-puppies.jpg
    pit-bull-puppies.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Hastings. Now I will go to bed with that Justin Timberlake song in my head. I've been humming it in my head since you made reference to it!
lol, I was watching the tv show "Master Chef" tonight and a contestant's name was LUCCA

While I absolutely agree that the owner of that site should take it down, if it does not violate Canadian law I think it is the company's choice to feature it or delete it.

I've purposely never named that site and intentionally referred to it in a silly manner because I don't want that site to get additional hits.

If enough people send thoughtful, rationale messages to the owner of that site and/or begin petitions or social media groups focused on having that video removed, I suspect that the site's owner would comply.

If someone decides to start a petition, letter writing campaign or utilize social media to have this specific video removed from that site, I'll be the first to sign up.

It absolutely does violate Canadian Law, and he will be charged. LE already said that they would, but, their priority was catching LRM.

There has been full knowledge for a long time now, and when his case goes to court, it will, IMO, be precedent setting for Canadian Law. There should be more of this kind of thing, anyway. LE simply can't keep up to the prolific postings and video on the Internet, but, a true murder and dismemberment video - that is 100% completely crossing all lines.

JMO

"I can hear the argument when it was uploaded to that website: 'They didn't know about it.' Okay fine. There's no real crime where there's no knowledge, but once they got notice of that and they allowed it to stay on there, that's where a crime was committed in my view and police should have charged them."

Read more: http://www.canada.com/technology/Lu...+lawyer+says/6728659/story.html#ixzz1wyvppg2h

If anybody missed DR drew's show on Luka earlier it's coming back on right now on HLN

Since you opened the tasteless humor door a tiny bit, I'll open it all the way as this comment has been dancing around in my head since Matou mentioned the movie Seven and the head in a box:

You know the Saturday Night Live guys did a few parody songs about something that starts with a D in a box... I hope Justin Timberlake or Andy Samberg don't get any boxes from Canada in the mail...

If anyone finds this comment inappropriate, say so, I'll be happy to delete it immediately

I am actually glad you posted this... when I get stressed, I tend to get an inappropriate fit of the giggles. It is a stress thing. I work in healthcare, and I am accustomed to tragedy and horrible things. You really can't function in that kind of environment without finding some way to release the stress. I never giggle at what is causing the stress, but I find GREAT humor in things that would not other wise be funny. For instance, I work in a laboratory, and today, one of my co-workers walked out of the room while saying "I have to go get the testosterones out of 'insert the name of a prestigious doctor'". I died laughing because I imagined how he was going to get the testosterone out of our physician!!! What my co-worker meant was, that he had to get the testosterone levels on some patients mailed out to a reference laboratory for a patient. It's OK to have a sense of humor in life... especially in times of great stress. Without it, we will go nuts. Which reminds me of something I have been meaning to say - There are only 1 or 2 photo's of LM I have ever seen when he has a smile on his face. Sad and odd....???!!!!

Dr. Drew is back on for those of you who missed it earlier. He's discussing the LM case.

Regarding the "tasteless humor" I lurk all the time and nothing that was meant to be funny has offended me at all. We're all human and we all have ways to cope with feeling obligated to read hours and hours of horrendous material on these threads. Occasional jokes make sense to me! JMO

I am not finding alot of info for a missing man reported May 27th 45 year old Rockie Allan Guttau last seen at stamps landing which I believe is right beside one of the schools/false creek I believe?
Probably not related but thought I'd mention.

Thanks for that Intrigued. I have some comments, but i'll save them for now. Not a lot of info out there about his last known activities, but I have some thoughts based on the little i can find.

PS: Yes, it is in False Creek and close to one of the schools.

Regarding the "tasteless humor" I lurk all the time and nothing that was meant to be funny has offended me at all. We're all human and we all have ways to cope with feeling obligated to read hours and hours of horrendous material on these threads. Occasional jokes make sense to me! JMO

I think its both fine and necessary, as long as you're not making fun of the victim. My joke wasn't intended to trivialise the desecration of Jun Lin's corpse, I was really making fun of Luka and his sad little obsession with Homolka. Plus, if anyone's going to find a severed head in their mail, what more deserving person than her?

I think people instinctively know the difference though.

Earlier there were questions about a lawyer for him... This article states a German has been appointed. However that is most likely just part of the process, I dont think he would provide legal advice, or advise him against extradition. Thoughts?

Magnotta was appointed a German lawyer and, following his hearing, was taken to a prison in central Berlin where he will likely stay until his extradition.

Authorities said his return to Canada could happen as soon as the coming days.

“This may speed up the (extradition) process, but on the other hand, he may change his opinion any day,” said Redlich.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...uver+schools/6735800/story.html#ixzz1wz0ThRqy

I am actually glad you posted this... when I get stressed, I tend to get an inappropriate fit of the giggles. It is a stress thing. I work in healthcare, and I am accustomed to tragedy and horrible things. You really can't function in that kind of environment without finding some way to release the stress. I never giggle at what is causing the stress, but I find GREAT humor in things that would not other wise be funny. For instance, I work in a laboratory, and today, one of my co-workers walked out of the room while saying "I have to go get the testosterones out of 'insert the name of a prestigious doctor'". I died laughing because I imagined how he was going to get the testosterone out of our physician!!! What my co-worker meant was, that he had to get the testosterone levels on some patients mailed out to a reference laboratory for a patient. It's OK to have a sense of humor in life... especially in times of great stress. Without it, we will go nuts. Which reminds me of something I have been meaning to say - There are only 1 or 2 photo's of LM I have ever seen when he has a smile on his face. Sad and odd....???!!!!

That's interesting, I also work in a lab, and we use humour to deal with many of the stressful things that happen there too. I think this makes us very human, and I too often giggle at inopportune moments - it's nervous energy & I'm just blowing off steam.

I believe this is one of the charges LRM is facing (and probably the BG site as well) .. Section 163 of the Canadian Criminal Code re Corrupting Morals:

Corrupting morals

163. (1) Every one commits an offence who

(a) makes, prints, publishes, distributes, circulates, or has in his possession for the purpose of publication, distribution or circulation any obscene written matter, picture, model, phonograph record or other thing whatever; or

(b) makes, prints, publishes, distributes, sells or has in his possession for the purpose of publication, distribution or circulation a crime comic.

Idem

(2) Every one commits an offence who knowingly, without lawful justification or excuse,

(a) sells, exposes to public view or has in his possession for such a purpose any obscene written matter, picture, model, phonograph record or other thing whatever;

(b) publicly exhibits a disgusting object or an indecent show;

more at:
http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-46/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-46.html

I think after 5 very tense threads, a week and half of intense sleuthing, and finally an arrest we can all let out our breath and laugh a little. Party hats for everyone!

That's interesting, I also work in a lab, and we use humour to deal with many of the stressful things that happen there too. I think this makes us very human, and I too often giggle at inopportune moments - it's nervous energy & I'm just blowing off steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member