ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm posting from my phone, so catching up is kinda hard. Something that I was wondering about last night ... Even though I feel LRM planned the murder itself, I don't know about the mailing of the body parts. Was it an afterthought, was it part of the plot, or was it the reason he killed Jun?

IMO, he killed Jun to film it, upload it to the internet, and to mail body parts. Attention.

Well I am an American so I admittedly do not know the legal requirements for an insanity defense, here they are pretty much as you suggest, you have to show they didnt understand right from wrong, but there have been cases where exceptions to that have been made. Also, at the time of the crime one could be insane and shortly thereafter not so much so, since schizophrenia doesnt always effect a person and can come in cycles.

add to that...are they on meds? on meds, they can function like you or me. usually they take their meds, feel great and normal and all that, then decide to go off them......then all hell breaks lose.

my very first boyfriend was diagnosed [via the courts due to a horrible crime he committed] as bi-polar & schizophrenic (i didn't know any of it until it was too late) and oh the stories i could tell......but when he was on his meds......totally normal functioning person and absolutely knew right from wrong...off his meds, completely different story...right or wrong didnt matter nor did behaviors and so on.....

Agreed! If he is found mentally ill, I don't think there is a chance of him being rehabilitated, some people are just to sick and twisted. Whichever place he ends up, I hope it's for life.

Pax, I am not sure of I would say he is schizoaffective, I would think there is definitely more. The are two main sub types of schizoaffective which are 1) Depressive sub type and 2) bipolar sub type.

I have some family members who have been diagnosed bipolar and even in their most manic states while off medication have never ever said or done anything remotely so sinister. I also have a cousin who was diagnosed schizoaffective. He has been off his meds a few times, but has never been angry or violent, in anyway while off them. At one point they were giving him too much of his meds and it made him dopey and sleepy. He is now finally on the right dosage and honestly it's almost like he is his old self again.

Though I know these situations do not hold true for every person diagnosed, this is just my personal experience with the disorders and thought I would share.
Appreciate you sharing, sharing is caring. =)

Can I get a link to the BB drama, Im a sucker for punishment and all.

I have no idea why. There was a post here last night (IIRC) that said Justin may have attended one of the schools targeted but even he did, why send the package to BC. JT lives and works in Montreal.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParliament/ProfileMP.aspx?Key=170093&Language=E

Handsome married guy with kids.

In April he boxed for a charity cause against one of his political opponents but it was for charity.

He's a former model? I honestly don't see a connection but I'll keep digging. Probably a waste of time though. lo

220px-Trudeaujpg.jpg

fwiw....I adore him. *swoon* LOL

Justin's former friend, also a teacher, taught at St. George's school and was arrested for involvement in a child-*advertiser censored* ring on Facebook.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/For...vertiser censored*+charges/6374185/story.html

The Hollywood victim (found Jan 18/12) was not a homeless man, but was identified as Hervey Medellin. The Tuscon AZ victim (found Jan 6/12) has never been identified. so could possibly be the "homeless man". The AZ vic was killed prior to Hervey, so you could be right re the practice run.

Very interesting find re the Eric C. Newman traffic violation in Payson AZ. It has a pop. of a little over 15000, so not much there, but there is an airport.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payson,_Arizona

According to Hervey Medellin's b/f roomie, Hervey said he was going to Mexico. As he was retired from the airlines, he may have had free or low-priced airfare. Presumably Hervey didn't leave in a vehicle, so am wondering if he possibly flew into Payson enroute to Mexico (or just told his roomie he was going to Mexico, as there have been reports of a love triangle. Did he just tell his roomie he was going to Mexico, but made arrangements for a rendezvous somewhere in AZ)?

All spec at this point, but i think it is worthy of consideration.

Very few people would fly into Payson, but not impossible. However, practically everyone I know who lives in AZ has a ticket from Star Valley. It's a notorious speed trap. I'm guessing he claimed not to have his license on him. Which is why he was able to use the Newman name and have no dob on the docket entry. Since it is just a speed trap, so long as he wasn't doing anything to seriously bad, the officer would have just let him go with a ticket. You can prove your license and insurance in court or mail proof in (at least the insurance, not sure about the license) later. Note that he gave his address as Ventura CA. Also, that route is the back way to Phoenix from Tucson. Most people, especially if they were headed to PHX/LA from Tucson would take I10.

eta: Great find! I think that could very easily be him.

Im open to anything at this point. The bad part about all of this is, as a friend from Canada has informed me, Canada goes in to media blackout on cases like this, there will be no coverage, the case will be behind closed doors it will be conducted in French, and at best we will get sketches from an artist and some reports of who testified on what day but not what they testified to. This is not the US and it certainly is not Florida, I have been told the minute Luka sets foot in Canada the media blackout will begin.

Not sure who told you this. Yes there will be gag orders in place and witnesses will not be able to discuss anything before and during the trial. That includes attorneys. Media will be allowed in the courtroom. As a matter of fact there was an article indicating what courtroom the trial will most likely take place and it mentioned the media. Again, this is NOT the first high profile case in this country. It won't be on television but we will see tweets from the courtroom. We will have sketch artists and not actual photos.

Also, it is against the law for jurors to discuss anything about the case AFTER a verdict is reached.

After the trial, videos, transcripts and anything else can be released to the public. No evidence presented at trial will be shown to the public unless one decides to attend.

I'm having hinky about this too. If I think a little about it, the screen name. Beavis Butthead, that is two cartoon MTV characters Beavis and Butthead. This is why my hinky is on to possibily LM found a like minded friend in the deep web. *shrugs*

This concerned me too because in one of the suspicious posts on DataLounge that I mentioned in my earlier post (and that is likely to have been posted by Beavis Butthead), the poster claims that Magnotta created the Beavis Butthead YouTube account but that others have continued posting on it (suggesting that maybe Magnotta created the account but gave a friend or accomplice access to it). This is also the same DataLounge poster who provided alleged details of how Magnotta and the victim met and how the murder was committed that only an accomplice or witness would have. And posted a picture of a package ready to be mailed (an obvious allusion to the mailing of the body parts). Although that image is a close-up of the package, so it's hard to make out the background, it looks like the walls in the background might be the same shade of pale green that I've seen in the videos of Magnotta's apartment.

Having said all of this, it doesn't seem likely that a real accomplice would post all of this information so brazenly on public forums, especially since the Beavis Butthead account has already been mentioned in the media. And I would imagine that LE has already looked into the Beavis Butthead account. So it may just be a troll. But if that's the case, it's one very deranged troll.

Respectfully snipped:
Pax, I am not sure of I would say he is schizoaffective, I would think there is definitely more. The are two main sub types of schizoaffective which are 1) Depressive sub type and 2) bipolar sub type.

I have some family members who have been diagnosed bipolar and even in their most manic states while off medication have never ever said or done anything remotely so sinister. I also have a cousin who was diagnosed schizoaffective. He has been off his meds a few times, but has never been angry or violent, in anyway while off them. At one point they were giving him too much of his meds and it made him dopey and sleepy. He is now finally on the right dosage and honestly it's almost like he is his old self again.

Though I know these situations do not hold true for every person diagnosed, this is just my personal experience with the disorders and thought I would share.

Pax and I were discussing this last night. I would not be at all surprised to learn LM is schizoaffective/bipolar. <modsnip>
There are many degrees of all illnesses in addition to spectrums. Your family member is one example - the man who attacked the person on the bus is another. The same can be said for persons suffering from anxiety - some have mild symptoms others have severe panic attacks. Make sense?

Not sure who told you this. Yes there will be gag orders in place and No evidence presented at trial will be shown to the public unless one decides to attend.

sooooo, who is up for a trip to canada for the trial? lol

I agree this Man is very ill and should probably be in a mental hospital but that probably won't happen. If it didn't happen with Jeffrey Dahmer doubt it will happen with Luka. I don't think it's possible to rehab him. I don't think there is a pill that can make him be normal. Just like pedophiles. I wouldn't want him roaming the streets again no matter how much rehab he's had.

Agreed. As Draconian as it sounds, there are some things that can't be fixed.

I understand the need for mental health care, even for violent criminals, but they should be incarcerated in hospitals without the possibility of release.

I am not a psychiatrist, but IMHO, rehabilitation just isn't viable for some folks. :(

I know Dahmer went to prison, but that was in the US. Not sure if a mentally ill criminal in Canada would be more likely to be remanded to a mental hospital.

Also, there may be a question of legal insanity which wouldn't necessarily depend on the perp's mental health as a whole, but on their ability to appreciate the gravity of their crimes and also on premeditation as opposed to a psychotic break or other trigger.

Any legal eagles care to weigh in on insanity defenses/sentencing?

After seeing that video and knowing about the cats I was understandably very emotional and I am guilty of passing judgement on someone before knowing all of the facts. Now that I have had the time to really look at this case close and examine his history both irl and online I am starting to realize that Luka may be a very sick individual, perhaps serverely mentally ill of the schizoaffective variety with several subtypes. If the people involved in this case are honest I think an insanity defense may be in order and incarceration in a hospital where he can be effectively rehabilitated as opposed to a prison would be the right thing to do. As much as I hate the act, as henious and disgusting as it was I cant help but feel some compassion if he is indeed suffering from mental illness. While none of this is an excuse for what he did it may very well be a reason for it.

IDK, a potpourri of Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Hannibal Lecter comes to mind. Also Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Antisocial Personality Disorder, and neither are favorable as far as rehabilitation. Could be other things involved as he seems quite delusional, but that can be a component in the two disorders. Maybe he is Schizophrenic or Bipolar, but I just think there's more going on than that. Most Schizo's and Bipolars don't do what he did, in fact probably very few.

Something else comes to mind, that old movie The Bad Seed starring Patty McCormack (i.e., Sociopathic / APD). Only in LM's case, he didn't have a mother to do him in, so therefore got older and had the opportunity to learn and do more vile things; plus little Patty didn't have the WWW or violent video games, etc. to help nurture her talent.

This concerned me too because in one of the suspicious posts on DataLounge that I mentioned in my earlier post (and that is likely to have been posted by Beavis Butthead), the poster claims that Magnotta created the Beavis Butthead YouTube account but that others have continued posting on it (suggesting that maybe Magnotta created the account but gave a friend or accomplice access to it). This is also the same DataLounge poster who provided alleged details of how Magnotta and the victim met and how the murder was committed that only an accomplice or witness would have. And posted a picture of a package ready to be mailed (an obvious allusion to the mailing of the body parts). Although that image is a close-up of the package, so it's hard to make out the background, it looks like the walls in the background might be the same shade of pale green that I've seen in the videos of Magnotta's apartment.

Having said all of this, it doesn't seem likely that a real accomplice would post all of this information so brazenly on public forums, especially since the Beavis Butthead account has already been mentioned in the media. And I would imagine that LE has already looked into the Beavis Butthead account. So it may just be a troll. But if that's the case, it's one very deranged troll.

Any chance you could link to that datalounge comment and picture again? I agree that it seems brazen, but everything about this case and LM has been brazen. If it walks, talks and smells like a Luka Magnotta...

Not sure who told you this. Yes there will be gag orders in place and witnesses will not be able to discuss anything before and during the trial. That includes attorneys. Media will be allowed in the courtroom. As a matter of fact there was an article indicating what courtroom the trial will most likely take place and it mentioned the media. Again, this is NOT the first high profile case in this country. It won't be on television but we will see tweets from the courtroom. We will have sketch artists and not actual photos.

Also, it is against the law for jurors to discuss anything about the case AFTER a verdict is reached.

After the trial, videos, transcripts and anything else can be released to the public. No evidence presented at trial will be shown to the public unless one decides to attend.

Evidence presented at Rafferty's trial was shown to the public during the trial

Respectfully snipped:

Pax and I were discussing this last night. I would not be at all surprised to learn LM is schizoaffective/bipolar. (I'll have to pop over to my PM's to copy my reasons for that theory.)

There are many degrees of all illnesses in addition to spectrums. Your family member is one example - the man who attacked the person on the bus is another. The same can be said for persons suffering from anxiety - some have mild symptoms others have severe panic attacks. Make sense?

Yes it makes sense, I am well aware of the many forms and levels of mental illness and anxiety, that's why I said that I know these situations do not hold true for every person diagnosed, this is just my personal experience with the disorders.

I came across this yesterday and wanted to share (I apologize if it's already been posted). It's an online journal entry from LM that I found interesting just because it's not something I've seen from him time and time again on multiple sites - nor have I seen him talk about any kind of compulsion.

"Fingernail Compulsion

Ever since I was a little kid, I've had this compulsion to cut my fingernails, cuticles, and the skin around my fingernails, to the point that I've come to identify it as a form of self-mutilation, . I often sit, sometimes for an hour, cutting away at my cuticles with a pair of fingernail clippers, to the point that they're just an awful-looking mass of hardened, brittle tissue and nail. My fingernails are so short, so whittled down, that I can't even open a can without having to grab my keys or a knife to flip the tab up enough for me to grab it. I couldn't find any decent pics, but my fingers look considerably worse than those of a typical nailbiter.
I also have to go get a manicure three times a week because im so self consious of the way my toe and fingernails look.

Do any other adults struggle with this? How do you deal with it?"

LINK: http://estrip.org/articles/read/lukamagnotta/49063/Fingernail-Compulsion.html

Another one of his plagiarized posts. (Not saying that he didn't have that particular problem, though).
Here is the original:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt90930.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads