ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im open to anything at this point. The bad part about all of this is, as a friend from Canada has informed me, Canada goes in to media blackout on cases like this, there will be no coverage, the case will be behind closed doors it will be conducted in French, and at best we will get sketches from an artist and some reports of who testified on what day but not what they testified to. This is not the US and it certainly is not Florida, I have been told the minute Luka sets foot in Canada the media blackout will begin.
Not true.

The case will be conducted in Luka's language of choice, and that will be English.

Media blackouts aren't automatic in Canada, but they are done in most cases here.

sooooo, who is up for a trip to canada for the trial? lol

I'm here so will probably attend a day or 2 but can't everyday because of work.

Work always seems to get in the way. LOL

Not sure who told you this. Yes there will be gag orders in place and witnesses will not be able to discuss anything before and during the trial. That includes attorneys. Media will be allowed in the courtroom. As a matter of fact there was an article indicating what courtroom the trial will most likely take place and it mentioned the media. Again, this is NOT the first high profile case in this country. It won't be on television but we will see tweets from the courtroom. We will have sketch artists and not actual photos.

Also, it is against the law for jurors to discuss anything about the case AFTER a verdict is reached.

After the trial, videos, transcripts and anything else can be released to the public. No evidence presented at trial will be shown to the public unless one decides to attend.

Yea that is pretty much what I was told and posted.

I agree that a cluey defence lawyer would run an insanity defence, but just because someone has a mental illness doesn't mean they can run an insanity defence. Have to prove he didn't know right from wrong. His flight from the country post commission of the crime is consciousness of guilt, meaning he knew he'd done wrong.
<rsbm>

I worry a bit about us bleeding hearts in Canada tho ... a couple of years ago, Allan Schoenborn killed his 3 kids in Merrit BC. He disappeared and was found hiding in the bush outside of Merrit. I was convinced that his post-offence actions would constitute consciousness of guilt, but he was found guilty but NCR, and placed in a psychiatric facility.

BTW ... WELCOME !! :)

In all your research done on Eric C. Newman does anybody know if he had an issue with Kris Sims from the Toronto Sun? Was anything about an issue ever documented?

True. London Free Press did a great job. Thanks! Same may happen here.

They most certainly did. I hope the same holds true for when this case goes to trial, I have a feeling there will be a lot of stuff released that could blow our minds.

No, no. I didn't take away from your post that you didn't think LRM did it.

I was just wondering about what you were implying from your post.

I agree that there is a lot of trolling / emulation in this case. LRM's army of sockpuppets does not make it any easier.
Yes, it's the massive amount of trolling and people posing as Magnotta that has been going on for so long that makes me think there's a whole lot more to this than meets the eye.

It doesn't make sense to me that Magnotta himself would post such denegrating and incriminating things about himself. I'm still trying to get my head around the motives behind people who are definitely trying to pretend they're him. Very bizarre!

Any chance you could link to that datalounge comment and picture again? I agree that it seems brazen, but everything about this case and LM has been brazen. If it walks, talks and smells like a Luka Magnotta...

Here's a link to the page on the thread that has the most interesting posts. At Reply 41, the poster mentions details about Luka and the victim. At Reply 58 is the link to the photo of the package.

I've noticed that in another reply, the same poster mentions visiting Web Sleuths, so maybe Beavis Butthead is just a sick troll who's doing this to arouse our attention and we're falling for it.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html#page:showThread,11649358,3

Here is a link to the page in the thread where the same poster mentions Luka creating the Beavis Butthead account. It's Reply 355.

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html#page:showThread,11631297,18

I'm here so will probably attend a day or 2 but can't everyday because of work.

Work always seems to get in the way. LOL

I'd love to hook up with you both to go. We can take notes and tweet back to WS.

Yea that is pretty much what I was told and posted.

mmmmmk. You said media blackout which is not exactly true. He'll love all those reporters watching him. Maybe he will pose for the sketch artist. :sick:

Yes, it's the massive amount of trolling and people posing as Magnotta that has been going on for so long that makes me think there's a whole lot more to this than meets the eye.

It doesn't make sense to me that Magnotta himself would post such denegrating and incriminating things about himself. I'm still trying to get my head around the motives behind people who are definitely trying to pretend they're him. Very bizarre!

Have you come across anyone you think are people just pretending to be LM?

I'd love to hook up with you both to go. We can take notes and tweet back to WS.

Sure! I'd love to meet my fellow WS'ers:seeya:

Not sure you and I should sit close though. You'll have me LOL and thrown out.:floorlaugh:

Wow. I guess I'm a little behind here. I have never, ever heard / known of a guy who is so totally and completely vain about his looks and appearance . I guess he must have just sat in front of the mirror all day and studied himself, alternately admiring, then finding faults, whether real or imagined. How sad and pathetic at the same time.

And "devil horns" ? How creepy is that? Maybe he really is possessed.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Luk...uver+schools+infamy+Police/6741121/story.html

Have you come across anyone you think are people just pretending to be LM?
In one case where the poster was pretending to be Luka, the IP was checked and it was found to be someone in Kansas.

Ooops - I meant Kentucky.

Sure! I'd love to meet my fellow WS'ers:seeya:

Not sure you and I should sit close though. You'll have me LOL and thrown out.:floorlaugh:

not me. im seweeus all the time!

however, on a seweeus note....id so love to be sitting in that courtroom...hmmmmmmmm

Here's a link to the page on the thread that has the most interesting posts. At Reply 41, the poster mentions details about Luka and the victim. At Reply 58 is the link to the photo of the package.

I've noticed that in another reply, the same poster mentions visiting Web Sleuths, so maybe Beavis Butthead is just a sick troll who's doing this to arouse our attention and we're falling for it.

Here is a link to the page in the thread where the same poster mentions Luka creating the Beavis Butthead account. It's Reply 355.

Wow. That same person claims to have shared some sort of ID with LM and when someone questions him/her about this he/she claims it was only a joke. This person also claims there's a blog somewhere where LM talks about "shadow people" (I've never come across this).

I don't like how when someone questioned this person about how they knew intimate details of the murder he/she claimed they spent "too much time on web sleuths".

Yeah , they did the same think with Homolka back then, we either had to cross the border to US land and buy a paper or this alt forum online!!!!!!

here is a link to the package he linked to: http://i48.tinypic.com/2yzj1ab.jpg

hrm big enough for a head...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads