ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sonya ... "lukagorgeous" was another nick i found for him and I was googling it ... the term is NOT made up by me in reference to his looks.

I was more interested in the fact that they are pictures of him at a zoo and an aerial pic of some city that I don't believe we've seen before in relation to his various accounts.

Anyone know what city that aerial shot is of?
Do you have a direct link to the pic so I can see if I recognize it?

Yes, that was when he stole around 17,000 from a woman and also was charged with sexually assaulting her. The assault charge was dropped. Maybe 2006?
2004 he was charged with fraud. 2005 he plead guilty and got 9 months conditional and 12 months probation.

Apologize if this has been previously posted, if not, DEFINITE MUST READ!

Magnotta all smiles following Berlin arrest

From QMI Agency: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2012/06/07/19849986.html

Luka Magnotta was all smiles and sporting sunglasses on the police-car ride to jail Monday after his arrest in the body-parts murder of ex-lover Jun Lin.

A police official told QMI Agency that Magnotta was silent except for one request - that police refrain from tipping off photographers who would be pining for a perp shot.

Officers said Magnotta smiled all the way to the holding cell at a police station in central Berlin.

"I do not know if he was smiling because he was happy that everything was over," Lilge said. "He didn't say a word all the way to the station."

The Heroes who Arrested a Monster

officers460.jpg

Thoughts?

I was more interested in the fact that they are pictures of him at a zoo and an aerial pic of some city that I don't believe we've seen before in relation to his various accounts.

Anyone know what city that aerial shot is of?

NYC, I believe.

That audition video is an eye-opener. He openly talks about flaws within his appearance... his fear of going bald. He talks about his 'obsession' with his looks and needing to look good. For me this is at the heart of this whole thing.

We live in a society today where appearance, fame and social media dominate life. LM was caught up in this - he was vain, he craved fame and used social media to try and promote a false celebrity. As he aged, did he become desperate? Did he start to take jobs - including making videos - to earn enough money to keep having surgery and maintain what he believed was so important - looks. He's talked about careers ending at 30 after all. He's 29.

And along the way maybe he lost the sense of reality and spiralled out of control, leading to the moment he killed another man and filmed the gruesome event. That audition video merely shows a polite, personable young man who is too concerned with his appearance. Somewhere along the way that person turned into a psychopath.

Oh Sonya ... "lukagorgeous" was another nick i found for him and I was googling it ... the term is NOT made up by me in reference to his looks.

Well SillyBilly at least a screen named called "lukagorgeous" is accurate...

Note: If you're reading this and a "Sammy Serious" type of person, I should mentioned italics were used in the above statement to communicate sarcasm...

Random, and I haven't seen it mentioned. (Although it could've been. I'm past the point of trying to catch up on these crazy active LRM threads. Don't put me in the stockades!)

When this first happened I happened upon a link that listed Luka as having won the lottery a few years ago. 140k, I think it said. It was 4 AM and I was burning out on LRM overload, so I shut my browser but stupidly without saving the session and haven't been able to find any mention of again. It did list a year but I don't recall what it was. The only detail I remember is that it did say Canada. Is there a Canadian lottery system?

Am I losing it here? Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm googling Magnotta + Lottery right now and got nothing. I'm sure if it were true it would have been talked about since we were trying to deduce his financial ability to travel. I know it doesn't have much relevance but it's bugging me.

Yes we're a little lottery crazed up here. I'll help you search. Here's a list of possible lotteries however he was living in a low end 490$ bachelor apt far from the nightlife and excitement of downtown.
http://www.lottohome.com/

We probably want to focus on Ontario, Quebec and possibly British Columbia lotteries. A win that size would be published.

edited to add- here's a better link. All winners in Canada who win 100k or more are on this list. He can't use an alias to collect and would have required a SIN as one of his IDs. No LM on the list :) http://www.biglotterywinners.com/2009/08/big-list-of-lottery-winners.html

If Magnotta was responsible for the Hollyood murder I am sure there are pictures or video of the event and if that is the case why hasn't he posted them online? Even editing in still shots to a older video of himself, it wouldn't take that long.

Sonya, it is rare for this to happen but, I completely agree with you and think you are absolutely right.

I didn't think they existed, but these sites do look like legit LRM "fan" blogs; that is, people with a fascination with the guy. They don't look like your typical LRM sockpuppet accounts / blogs / posts.

Given how far he spread his mug all over the Internet; it wouldn't be surprising if there are some weirdos out there that admire him, or find him fascinating.

Yeah they are fan pages. Luka will have plenty of fans writing to him in prison, no doubt about it. He has marketed himself heavily and gotten exactly what he wanted; to be infamous.

Based on the number of posts in the Luka threads on THIS site obviously the folks here find him to be fascinating as well.

NYC, I believe.

The photos of Magnotta walking up the steps of a NYC subway station and other NYC photos with that haircut were done by a professional photog (if you'd like his name I'd be happy to share it) and can be confirmed as legitimate.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. No disrespect to Jun Lin. His death was horrific. Then I thought of Zahra Baker and the horrors of her murder and dismemberment. Then I thought of Melanie MacGuire and the murder of her husband and dismemberment and body parts found in a suitcase and so many others.....

Why is this one different? Is it because he publicized it on video? Is it because of the kitten killings?

I think once he's returned to Canada, people will lose interest until the trial. Actually, I give it a few more days.......

This weekend we have the F1 race and festivities, football starts soon, Jazz festival, Comedy fest and of course there is the EuroCup. People will be too busy enjoying Summer. I know I will.

I think it's the online video component, ~n/t~.

That audition video is an eye-opener. He openly talks about flaws within his appearance... his fear of going bald. He talks about his 'obsession' with his looks and needing to look good. For me this is at the heart of this whole thing.

We live in a society today where appearance, fame and social media dominate life. LM was caught up in this - he was vain, he craved fame and used social media to try and promote a false celebrity. As he aged, did he become desperate? Did he start to take jobs - including making videos - to earn enough money to keep having surgery and maintain what he believed was so important - looks. He's talked about careers ending at 30 after all. He's 29.

And along the way maybe he lost the sense of reality and spiralled out of control, leading to the moment he killed another man and filmed the gruesome event. That audition video merely shows a polite, personable young man who is too concerned with his appearance. Somewhere along the way that person turned into a psychopath.

I agree there are superficial elements to modern culture; but there are superficial elements of every human culture since early times.

I highly doubt he "turned" into a psychopath. Psychopathy is apparent from a very early age. Something may have happened at 30, that turned him on the path toward brutal murder. But the thrills he got out of animal torture and abuse, and posting the videos online and thus gaining notoriety, suggests that he was in a long evolving process that would inevitably culminate in him torturing and murdering humans. Nothing "turned" him. He just finally did was he was long oriented and driven to do.

Nussbaum's comments are interesting and revealing. I suspect he's right.

I'm not so sure. I don't like the way he said, "“He’s a sick individual just to start with and he’s probably a bit of a sadist and enjoys pain …”

If he enjoys feeling his own pain, he's a masochist, not a sadist.
From what is described in the interview, it's probably some more of his own fantasy (like the article he plagiarized about being awake during surgery).
JMO
A sadist--other people's (animal's) pain--more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni