Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She broke the law, for one thing. She thought that she could get away with sneaking a video camera into a Peruvian prison, once again demonstrating that she has no respect for law enforcement. Peruvian jail guards had to deal with the fact that an American thought she could get away with sneaking a camera into prison. That's a bit ... not only rude, but seriously underestimating their job performance.

I don't believe she's willing to risk going to prison, I think she's confident that she can get out of any violations related to Joran by pleading emotional distress. The "intimidation" factor matters because she attempted to confront Joran in prison and secretly video the confrontation. It's more than obvious she would have released the footage through the media, given Peter de Vries' participation. That's going a little too far by all standards.

Since (it turns out) she was not formally arrested, I hope this will pass
as the act of a desparate lady trying to get justice ... that Steph's brother was apparently informed that equals to two desparate heartsick
people in search of anything to make justice ... but it must end there!

I hope Beth's attorney intervenes fast and gets her home..

If this is all there is and nothing more follows this should put things where
they were, to progress normally. I hope so.

These people do not want to give Joran anything he could use against them.

Since (it turns out) she was not formally arrested, I hope this will pass
as the act of a desparate lady trying to get justice ... that Steph's brother was apparently informed that equals to two desparate heartsick
people in search of anything to make justice ... but it must end there!

I hope Beth's attorney intervenes fast and gets her home..

If this is all there is and nothing more follows this should put things where
they were, to progress normally. I hope so.

These people do not want to give Joran anything he could use against them.

I think it's too late. One of Joran's defence arguments has been that he was relentlessly harassed by Beth Twitty and Peter de Vries for 5 years. Anita said the same in her statement (after his arrest). Beth and Peter have now proven that they will not leave him alone, having attempted to illegally obtain information about him for the purpose of media release just yesterday. That's harassment in spades.

I think it's too late. One of Joran's defence arguments has been that he was relentlessly harassed by Beth Twitty and Peter de Vries for 5 years. Anita said the same in her statement (after his arrest). Beth and Peter have now proven that they will not leave him alone, having attempted to illegally obtain information about him for the purpose of media release just yesterday. That's harassment in spades.

I know but it remains to be seen if any of the Peruvian Judges will
buy into this. I thought Steph's father was wise not to get involved.
This should not prejudice the Stephany case - the Holloway case is a
separate matter. I think the best Joran could get from this under the
Peruvian system is some leniency, with the facts in evidence proving murder standing ? The Judges will have to Judge what is put before them ...

As for the wire fraud and extortion charges? I think they stand!

As for the Holloway case .... who knows.

But I follow your logic 100%. However it is not reality until a Judge says it is ...

I know but it remains to be seen if any of the Peruvian Judges will
buy into this. I thought Steph's father was wise not to get involved.
This should not prejudice the Stephany case - the Holloway case is a
separate matter. I think the best Joran could get from this under the
Peruvian system is some leniency, with the facts in evidence proving murder standing ? The Judges will have to Judge what is put before them ...

As for the wire fraud and extortion charges? I think they stand!

As for the Holloway case .... who knows.

But I follow your logic 100%. However it is not reality until a Judge says it is ...

The fourth judge's decision should be independent of Beth's media blitz on Nancy Grace today.

If this Judge is neutral, as in 2/4, then it will go to an independent court ... the only question will be whether Joran's rights were violated when he was handled during his arrest. Parading before the cameras constitutes a rights violation ... there is some question about whether the first lawyer he spoke to was the girlfriend of a police officer, or a lawyer representing him. There's also a question about the translation of conversations.

I think the wire fraud has the serious flaw with Beth, the complainant, having pursued the contact even though she knew she would not get the information she wanted. That smells like a set-up on a 22 year old. He had been in enough entrapments/stings for him to swing it the other way ... he did a financial sting on Beth. It seems he knew for a long time that Beth and Peter were a team.

I thought Steph's father was wise not to get involved. This should not prejudice the Stephany case - the Holloway case is a separate matter.

The Holloway case is a separate matter, Joran is in jail for a separate matter. What in the world is she thinking interfering with a murder investigation in Peru? Is she thinking that by making her daughter's disappearance more high profile, he will more likely be convicted? Why else is she there ... publicity, media ratings? With all that camera coverage, it doesn't seem like she was there to get information. She knows he's not going to tell her what she wants to hear. Why doesn't she leave it alone ... it's almost like she's torturing herself wanting to know the location of her body ... and in the meantime strengthening Joran's legal argument not only for fraud, but for murder.

If she really wants information, why did she bring a camera crew and try to illegally sneak a camera into a Peruvian prison?

If this is true....then Beth has finally, totally gone over the edge. Bless her heart....I hope this isn't true

I feel sooo sorry for Beth, but it does appear that she has totally gone over the edge. I hope she can get some professional help before she totally ruins her own life. I can definitly understand a mother's love & her need for justice, but sometimes we have to wait till the next life or karma for that to happen. Joran will eventually pay for what he did to both Natalee & Stephanie but we just need to be patient or perhaps realize that we may never know when he receives his punishment.

The Holloway case is a separate matter, Joran is in jail for a separate matter. What in the world is she thinking interfering with a murder investigation in Peru? Is she thinking that by making her daughter's disappearance more high profile, he will more likely be convicted? Why else is she there ... publicity, media ratings? With all that camera coverage, it doesn't seem like she was there to get information. She knows he's not going to tell her what she wants to hear. Why doesn't she leave it alone ... it's almost like she's torturing herself wanting to know the location of her body ... and in the meantime strengthening Joran's legal argument not only for fraud, but for murder.

If she really wants information, why did she bring a camera crew and try to illegally sneak a camera into a Peruvian prison?

I'm having trouble with the logic of it all also. Did she and de Vries REALLY think Joran was going to set there and agree to talk to her...let alone give her a truthful statement of where NH's body is? Is it possible this was just a publicity stunt for whatever they putting together to release to public/media and just a poke-in-the-eye- to Joran that he is now behind bars and probably will be for the rest of his life? Her knowing all along the talk/confrontation/meeting wouldn't last 2 minutes? Is de Vries just pulling on her emotional heart strings for his own benefit?

I truly feel for Beth and can't imagine what emotional hellfire she must be going through, but she keeps putting herself in the same place...time after time with the results remaining the same every time and her expectations dowsed. Seems like a non-ending roller coaster.

I think at this point, if it ever comes out of Joran's mouth where her body truly is....and that's saying he truly knows, or what happen to Natalee to cause her death, it will be on JVS's own time. I don't think she or anyone else at this point can force it. It's going to be on his time clock....if ever. Sad, but he's holding the cards, albeit, in prison. Unfortunately, she needs to come to some peace....for herself. This is what these types do to a fully sane person after they become enmeshed in their lives. She will never be same, but she needs to find some kind of justification knowing he will not be able to hurt another young girl nor be free. If she could just do him in, it may be a moment of self satisfaction, but she would then be the one behind bars. But she's letting this consume her...totally. Unfortunately, unfairly, people are taken away from us daily and Beth is not alone in her anguish. I'm just afraid she's on a runaway train and I don't want her life nor anyone else to be like that. I can't imagine NH wanting that for her mother either.

Please don't get me wrong...this is a horrible, horrific and an unexplainable tragedy that no one should have to go through. But look at who/what she is dealing with. The best thing she can do is to help insure he is behind bars for good and may he be ignored except for that fact. Who's actually winning if she gets destroyed in the process? He's taken two already...is he worth another? Why give him another sick pleasure.

Prayer for you Beth.

They're going to be talking about it on the Today Show.

JMO

This mother is in agony not knowing the whereabouts of her daughter. I tend to think she believes Natalie may still be alive possibly have been sold for sex.

I hope she hasn't spoiled either case against the bad boy.

Face to face confrontation in jail....Beth has just had enough of JVS.
John Q. Kelly: never told him she was going... she definitely wasn't arrested

JMO

Beth wants answers she has been trying for years, Joran when he was locked up after Stephanies murder, he started saying he would tell info on Natalie never has. I know Beth didn't make the smartest decision about going in I believe she knows Joran has to watch his back regularly in there so she just showed him someone could come to him obviously at anytime. I'd like to see a pic from the surprise of Beth standing there Jorans reaction. I'd say the pic would tell alot. I think of Beth often as for the rest of the missing who's family has no idea where they are. Joran Confessed to killing Stephanie and gave some answers, she has never had any truth about Natalee from Joran.

So relieved BH wasn't arrested but cannot comprehend why she needed to go there. It serves no purpose what-so-ever, imho.

So relieved BH wasn't arrested but cannot comprehend why she needed to go there. It serves no purpose what-so-ever, imho.

It served a purpose to HER. I would imagine unless you've walked in her shoes, it may be difficult for some to understand her motivation. Maybe she just wanted to look him in the eye, face to face.

I only hope she's satisfied with the meeting.

My bolding

With all due respect I hope you never lose a loved one to the likes of someone like Joran.

He was the one that made it all about Beth when he gave his most recent interview from Castro Castro, why did he do that? Was she supposed to ignore that too?

How was it strengthening Joran's legal argument in either case, the evidence is overwhelming in both cases. That doesn't make any sense imo.

Even if it was ill advised I can certainly understand wanting it on camera.

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localn...loot-book-due-out/GhGhyxx-2EqtzZ96AF1iIw.cspx

A little off topic but this new book comes out Oct 19th.
Birmingham, Al (WIAT) A new book titled Joran's Murder Mysteries promises "The complete story about the true role of Joran van der Sloot in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway and the killing of Stephany Flores."

Other breathless prose and promises in an ad in the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf's website include:

• Filled with countless previously unpublished material from secret police files.
• Latest new facts and witness statements.
• Unique and revealing images.
• The facts behind the disappearance of Natalie Holloway.
• The secret conspiracy behind the murder of Stephanie Flores.
• The dubious role of the FBI in both cases.
• Exclusive pictures of Castro Castro prison in Joran.

All due respects to Beth but I think it was a terrible move by her. Just being in the country with their very different ways is dangerous enough and does she really think JDS will ever tell the truth? I don't! I can admire her commitment to obtain the truth but I don't think it will every happen and wonder if is healthy for her.

If anyone is sending Beth over the edge it is Joran Van der Sloot and five years of torment with all his various stories about what he did to Natalee. He has been laughing in everyones face knowing he can get away with it. The last interview was probably the last straw. How anyone can criticize and blame Beth even if this wasn't the wisest thing to do is beyond me.

Isn't it easy for us to sit and criticize the mother and say what she needs to do. I know I could never move on, not until I drew my last breath and most especially not as long as the person responsible for my child's disappearance was out there benefitting from his lies, laughing in my face.

Sometimes humanity really saddens me.

I thank the Lord that i don't have to walk in her shoes.

NG:furious:

This stunt going to Peru to confront Joran is the single worst thing she could have done. She just made Joran's case of intimidation for him. She now has created real doubt.

NG:furious: agreeing with her doing it is the pinnacle of rank stupidity. I really wish HLN would get
rid of this stupid anarchist. Inquisator from the Dark Ages... her show belongs in the Hong Kong market where nobody would underdstand a word she says.

I'm with you all the way on this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member