ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The crime he is suspected of committing was in Aruba, so I do not know why he would be watched and followed in the US, unless they suspect him of another crime we know nothing about
Phone taps, maybe

I think he was caught because someone reported the incident while walking through the garage

JMO

If GG killed Robyn that motive would have been insurance and the crime was planned in the US and US can try him if they have proof. This is a good reason for watching him like a hawk.

We know someone reported them in the garage but the question begs why didn't he just take her to his home? Why risk an arrest when the comfort of your home is far easier? They may not be watching him but it could be he feels they are. Any lack of enjoyment of life for this man makes me feel there is some small bit of justice here. lol jmo

Does anybody have the March 19 issue of the National Enquirer to confirm the mention of a romance between Giordano and Carol Ann Bock?

FWIW

Published on: June 4, 2012
by JOHN BLOSSER, NATIONAL ENQUIRER

<snip>

Giordano, 51, was arrested with Carol Ann Bock, 45, on May 18 after the pair were observed undressed and having sex in the back of Giordano&#8217;s Cadillac Escalade in a public parking garage in Annapolis, Md.

The ENQUIRER had exclusively revealed that the kinky pair were romantically involved in our March 19 issue.

&#8220;The Aruban police now want to talk with Ms. Bock,&#8221; confirmed a source close to island officials. &#8220;They believe Giordano may have confessed to her about Robyn&#8217;s murder or may have given her crucial information that would help lead them to her body.&#8221;

The goal of investigators is to get enough information to extradite Giordano to Aruba to face charges.

<snip>

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/aruba-murder-breakthrough

Does anybody have the March 19 issue of the National Enquirer to confirm the mention of a romance between Giordano and Carol Ann Bock?

FWIW

Published on: June 4, 2012
by JOHN BLOSSER, NATIONAL ENQUIRER

<snip>

Giordano, 51, was arrested with Carol Ann Bock, 45, on May 18 after the pair were observed undressed and having sex in the back of Giordano’s Cadillac Escalade in a public parking garage in Annapolis, Md.

The ENQUIRER had exclusively revealed that the kinky pair were romantically involved in our March 19 issue.

“The Aruban police now want to talk with Ms. Bock,” confirmed a source close to island officials. “They believe Giordano may have confessed to her about Robyn’s murder or may have given her crucial information that would help lead them to her body.”

The goal of investigators is to get enough information to extradite Giordano to Aruba to face charges.

<snip>

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/aruba-murder-breakthrough

I don't keep the few NE's that I occasionally purchase, but now that you mention it, that name, Carol Ann Bock, does sound familiar. Hmmm. Interesting to me that he got caught in this act too.

I know if I lived anywhere near him, and Robyn was my close friend or family, I would do whatever I could, I would have him followed and monitored 24/7, no doubt about it. Absolutely none, whatever it takes.... jmo

:waitasec:Well, even Aruba LE disagrees on this point, as that's the only way they were able to hold him for 4 months.
They even stated that the only reason the judge would not go forward with an indictment and allowed him to go free, was because they had no body, no eye witnesses to what happened, only circumstantial evidence.

If they had evidence of a crime they would have charged him. They don't need a body for that.

The fact is simple: they had no evidence of anything, only speculation.

The judge released him, not because there was no body, but because there was no evidence of a crime. Before that the prosecutors were holding on suspicion, with the promise of new evidence to build a case later on. When they failed to produce that evidence, he was released.

That is how it is done in those sorts of legal systems. It is not like in the US where an arrest is made only after evidence is gathered. In Napoleonic systems they do it the other way around.

If they had evidence of a crime they would have charged him. They don't need a body for that.

The fact is simple: they had no evidence of anything, only speculation.

The judge released him, not because there was no body, but because there was no evidence of a crime. Before that the prosecutors were holding on suspicion, with the promise of new evidence to build a case later on. When they failed to produce that evidence, he was released.

That is how it is done in those sorts of legal systems. It is not like in the US where an arrest is made only after evidence is gathered. In Napoleonic systems they do it the other way around.

I have no idea where you garner this notion from. Do you have connections with someone in Aruba who is inside this investigation? If so, I'm sure we would all like to hear what you know.

Taco Stein states here that all evidence they have is "circumstantial" and elaborates as to why. I'm not going to rewrite it, you can read it for yourself. He says nothing here and never has IIRC, about just pure "speculation".

http://issuu.com/themorningnews/doc...yout=http://skin.issuu.com/v/light/layout.xml

Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation

Certificate of Status System

Entity Name: THE ROBYN GARDNER FOUNDATION, INC.
Department ID: D14343172
State of Incorporation: MD
Status: This entity is Not in Good Standing.Call (410) 767-1340, Select Option 2, then option 2 for additional status information.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, except State holidays.

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Ch...e=THE+ROBYN+GARDNER+FOUNDATION,+INC.&TabNum=1

Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation

Certificate of Status System

Entity Name: THE ROBYN GARDNER FOUNDATION, INC.
Department ID: D14343172
State of Incorporation: MD
Status: This entity is Not in Good Standing.Call (410) 767-1340, Select Option 2, then option 2 for additional status information.
Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, except State holidays.

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Ch...e=THE+ROBYN+GARDNER+FOUNDATION,+INC.&TabNum=1

Thank you, very interesting.

Suit: Man denied death benefit after 2011 disappearance of companion in Aruba

A man considered a person of interest in a woman&#8217;s 2011 disappearance in Aruba filed a lawsuit Thursday against an insurance company for allegedly failing to pay a death benefit on her life.

Gary Giordano is suing Chicago-based AmEx Assurance Company for the $3.5 million benefit, which he contends in a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. was part of a travel insurance policy he took out before his trip to Aruba with Robyn Lynn Gardner.

Gardner, 36, of Maryland, has been missing since Aug. 2, 2011, and Giordano reported her disappearance to AmEx two days later, according to the suit. Gardner is presumed to be dead.

The suit claims Giordano paid the premiums on the insurance policy.

Giordano told authorities Gardner disappeared while snorkeling near Baby Beach, Sint Nicolaas in Aruba. He was arrested by Aruban police just three days after Gardner&#8217;s disappearance, but never charged.

Richard Forester, Gardner&#8217;s boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, called the lawsuit &#8220;disgusting.&#8221;

Nobody knows whether she is dead or not,&#8221; Forester said. &#8220;It goes to [Giordano&#8217;s] character &#8230; he is just trying to make money off of this.&#8221;

Forester said he was originally told the benefit was $1.5 million, though Giordano is seeking $2 million more through the suit.

The lawsuit said the $3.5 million was the &#8220;full death benefit,&#8221; and Gardner was a &#8220;covered person&#8221; in the policy.

Kym Pasqualini, founder of the National Center for Missing Adults (now part of Let&#8217;s Bring Them Home) said the lawsuit and insurance policy is suspicious.

&#8220;Right away it appeared to me that having traveler&#8217;s insurance on her was a potential motive for homicide,&#8221; Pasqualini said.

The two-count suit seeks the full death benefit as well as additional damages.

A spokesperson for the Baltimore FBI office that assisted in the search for Gardner declined to comment on the lawsuit and Scott Blumenshine, the lawyer who filed the lawsuit on Giordano&#8217;s behalf, was not available for comment Thursday night.

Efforts to reach American Express were unsuccessful Thursday night.

http://www.suntimes.com/13193306-76...2011-disappearance-of-companion-in-aruba.html

Can someone take out insurance on their travel companion, without the companion knowing? Wouldn't they have to fill out forms and sign them?

I can't imagine going on vacation with someone I hardly knew (or even someone I knew for that matter) and have them take out life insurance on me. That would raise red flags for sure.

Suit: Man denied death benefit after 2011 disappearance of companion in Aruba

A man considered a person of interest in a woman&#8217;s 2011 disappearance in Aruba filed a lawsuit Thursday against an insurance company for allegedly failing to pay a death benefit on her life.

Gary Giordano is suing Chicago-based AmEx Assurance Company for the $3.5 million benefit, which he contends in a suit filed in Cook County Circuit Court. was part of a travel insurance policy he took out before his trip to Aruba with Robyn Lynn Gardner.

Gardner, 36, of Maryland, has been missing since Aug. 2, 2011, and Giordano reported her disappearance to AmEx two days later, according to the suit. Gardner is presumed to be dead.

The suit claims Giordano paid the premiums on the insurance policy.

Giordano told authorities Gardner disappeared while snorkeling near Baby Beach, Sint Nicolaas in Aruba. He was arrested by Aruban police just three days after Gardner&#8217;s disappearance, but never charged.

Richard Forester, Gardner&#8217;s boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, called the lawsuit &#8220;disgusting.&#8221;

Nobody knows whether she is dead or not,&#8221; Forester said. &#8220;It goes to [Giordano&#8217;s] character &#8230; he is just trying to make money off of this.&#8221;

Forester said he was originally told the benefit was $1.5 million, though Giordano is seeking $2 million more through the suit.

The lawsuit said the $3.5 million was the &#8220;full death benefit,&#8221; and Gardner was a &#8220;covered person&#8221; in the policy.

Kym Pasqualini, founder of the National Center for Missing Adults (now part of Let&#8217;s Bring Them Home) said the lawsuit and insurance policy is suspicious.

&#8220;Right away it appeared to me that having traveler&#8217;s insurance on her was a potential motive for homicide,&#8221; Pasqualini said.

The two-count suit seeks the full death benefit as well as additional damages.

A spokesperson for the Baltimore FBI office that assisted in the search for Gardner declined to comment on the lawsuit and Scott Blumenshine, the lawyer who filed the lawsuit on Giordano&#8217;s behalf, was not available for comment Thursday night.

Efforts to reach American Express were unsuccessful Thursday night.

http://www.suntimes.com/13193306-76...2011-disappearance-of-companion-in-aruba.html

:what: OMG. What the Hell!!! Now it's not just 1.5, it's 3.5 K ?!!!

And, hey, this tells us most of what we need to know, right here and now, just like the majority of us believed from the beginning. This. Is. It. This is, as far as I'm concerned, GG admitting to his crime. That he definitely did something to Robyn for the insurance. If he had any sense of guilt or remorse whatsoever, he would not be doing this.

:maddening: What a sorry, self-consumed, scheming, devious, larcenous, worthless, murderous, psychopathic lowlife SOB. This should open the door for him to be extradited back to Aruba. If this doesn't, I don't know what will.

I am :banghead: and bouncing off the walls right now. Completely, totally, absolutely :furious: :furious: :furious:

yeah after watching the debacle of the Natalie Holloway murder by Joran VDS, he knew he could get away with the murder. It still baffles me that he is getting away with it. Noone else was with her at the time, there was no snorkeling and there was a witness saying they say a man beating a woman in the immediate area. I mean really??? how much more evidence is needed.

To add to that, when I say he did something to her, that could be murdered or trafficked.
The only other alternative would be that they planned this together and she's hiding out somewhere with a changed identity. But she would really, really have to be hiding out. I just think that possibility is highly unlikely, imo, because GG was previously looking for a blond young woman to take to Aruba prior to the trip w/ Robyn, and it wouldn't be easy to get just anyone to go along with a fraudulent plan such as this and to leave their life to live in secrecy and hiding and fear that they'd be found out.
Which leaves me with the first two options. Regardless he undoubtedly planned this from the beginning for the insurance payout. He was probably laughing under his breathe when he was listening to those reports that the policy was for a mere 1.5 million. He just makes me sick. :sick:

:what: OMG. What the Hell!!! Now it's not just 1.5, it's 3.5 K ?!!!

And, hey, this tells us most of what we need to know, right here and now, just like the majority of us believed from the beginning. This. Is. It. This is, as far as I'm concerned, GG admitting to his crime. That he definitely did something to Robyn for the insurance. If he had any sense of guilt or remorse whatsoever, he would not be doing this.

:maddening: What a sorry, self-consumed, scheming, devious, larcenous, worthless, murderous, psychopathic lowlife SOB. This should open the door for him to be extradited back to Aruba. If this doesn't, I don't know what will.

I am :banghead: and bouncing off the walls right now. Completely, totally, absolutely :furious: :furious: :furious:

To add to this, or for the FBI to go forward and build their case against him and bring him to trial here in the states. The best scenario of course would be both.

This is my first time of reading about this case and haven't read all the threads so forgive me if this has already been covered but wouldn't there have been footprints in the sand showing a great deal of what happened?Her bf says she didn't like to swim but was there footprints of her going to the water?

This is my first time of reading about this case and haven't read all the threads so forgive me if this has already been covered but wouldn't there have been footprints in the sand showing a great deal of what happened?Her bf says she didn't like to swim but was there footprints of her going to the water?

There area where they supposedly entered the water is not a sandy area, but rather a secluded, rocky area. It's been stated it's not a place where tourists would generally go to snorkel.

yeah after watching the debacle of the Natalie Holloway murder by Joran VDS, he knew he could get away with the murder. It still baffles me that he is getting away with it. Noone else was with her at the time, there was no snorkeling and there was a witness saying they say a man beating a woman in the immediate area. I mean really??? how much more evidence is needed.

You must be referring to the National Enquirer article

Why do you think He thought he could het away with a murder?
I am interested in your thoughts

Another article on Giordano's insurance claim.

Since Robyn has not been legally declared dead, how can Giordano make a claim based on "presumption" of death?

<snip>

Gary Giordano says in a lawsuit that AMEX Assurance Company owes him $3.5 million under a policy purchased before last summer's trip.

He says his companion, Robyn Gardner, is presumed dead. Giordano was detained for months after Gardner's disappearance but has denied wrongdoing. A judge ordered him released in November because of a lack of evidence.

Giordano told The Associated Press the lawsuit speaks for itself and declined further comment. The suit was filed Thursday in Cook County, Ill., where AMEX Assurance is based.

An American Express Co. spokeswoman says there's a 365-day waiting period to file such a claim.

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/st...ues-over-travel-insurance-claim#ixzz1yBcSm5Cu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member