ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have heard anything at all from her family. Part of that is probably because they know her better than any of us, and perhaps the possibility that she went swimming and got swept out to sea doesn't seem outlandish to them.

I disagree. IMO, we haven't heard much from Robyn's family because they were asked by the Aruban authorities not to discuss the case and they chose to honor that request.

<snip>

Colson last saw his sister in May. He said Aruban authorities asked them not to discuss the case in detail, but that they do not believe her companion's account of what happened.

<snip>

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/0...h-called-off-by-aruban-authorities-64945.html

Statement from Robyn Gardner&#8217;s Family

Gardner&#8217;s family reacts to the continued detainment of Gary Giordano

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Andrea Colson, mother of Robyn Gardner, made a statement this afternoon in reaction to the continued detainment of Gary Giordano, the suspect held in Aruba in connection to her daughter&#8217;s disappearance:

We have faith and confidence in the Aruban Authorities and FBI, and know that they will fervently continue their efforts to find Robyn. We are grateful for their hard work and we are also grateful for the overwhelming support from communities all around the world. This has been such a difficult time for all of us and your prayers have given us strength. We need to find our daughter. We pray that anyone who knows what happened that day will find the strength to contact authorities immediately. And we continue to ask everyone to keep praying for our Robyn so that she will be found soon.

At this time, the family is choosing not to speak with media, and appreciates that all media members continue to respect their privacy. Additionally, the Natalee Holloway Resource Center has set up a confidential tipline for any credible tips on Robyn&#8217;s disappearance or current whereabouts. Anyone with any information can call 407-237-2295. All tips will be reported to the FBI for investigation.

<snip>

http://www.crimemuseum.org/documents/familyreactionupdated.pdf

I don't think we have heard anything at all from her family. Part of that is probably because they know her better than any of us, and perhaps the possibility that she went swimming and got swept out to sea doesn't seem outlandish to them.

If they believed that story they would have come to GG's aid and supported his story. They never did that at all.

Robyn's friends and family have done nothing but dispute this as a possibility. Do the research and read it for yourself.

Are you sure you don't want to start a new "Gary Giordano is Innocent" Forum? May be more appropriate, IMO

States here that Robyn "hated" to swim.

This is one of the better interviewers for ABC, imo. I can't remember his name and can't find it anywhere.
This is where GG changes his story from the storm came up when they were snorkeling, to it was a storm the next day. Huh? :waitasec:
The interviewer does his best to get GG to answer his question concerning the believability of his "story". JB blocks it at first by claiming he doesn't want the children brought in to this. Then JB very rudely talks over the interviewer, then states he couldn't hear him. :what:
Then the rude and arrogant JB interrupts again, still not allowing GG to answer the question. Just a simple hypothetical question. It's so obvious that the interviewer knows exactly what he's doing. And JB thinks he's helping his client? Makes him look even more guilty, imo.

Hopefully ABC got a refund on this one.

Gary Giordano Takes On Critics - YouTube

Bon dia from Aruba. I watch the interview and read the writing above. A storm? What storm and when did storm come after the girl go missing? I ask my friends and me and them don't remember a storm last year this time? I hear this first time today but maybe I miss it from before.

IslandSurfer

True that GG changed his story, but as much as he wants to I don't really see how he can legitimately deny the vodka and sleeping pills. Not and get away with it anyway. This is one of the few issues that was witnessed, and reportedly not by one but several.

I just don't know if Aruba is really interested in prosecuting him even if they could. Maybe they're hoping it will die down and simply go away so they can just be one happy island. Besides, costs money to prosecute a case, why spend it on that, right? Plus GG's not an Aruban, but an American citizen. Perhaps they think they've done their part in giving him four months of jail time.

MSM has gone completely quiet concerning this case since GG's television interviews ended. It's as though they're avoiding it, kinda strange. But Robyn's family or friends haven't done anything really to keep it out there either, nothing even close to NH's case. :( Really sad that between them and ALE it's becoming another cold case. :coldcase:.

He was seen going to the car and refilling a glass.
Did anyone actually see what he put into that glass? Who witnessed that?
GG also was the one who stated Rg took a sleeping pill, these are his words I don't think anyone witnessed that either

I have always felt the sleeping pill story would never have come up had it not been for the server saying RG looked woozy
Had that not been mentioned, I don't think GG would have offered that information

True that GG changed his story, but as much as he wants to I don't really see how he can legitimately deny the vodka and sleeping pills. Not and get away with it anyway. This is one of the few issues that was witnessed, and reportedly not by one but several.

I just don't know if Aruba is really interested in prosecuting him even if they could. Maybe they're hoping it will die down and simply go away so they can just be one happy island. Besides, costs money to prosecute a case, why spend it on that, right? Plus GG's not an Aruban, but an American citizen. Perhaps they think they've done their part in giving him four months of jail time.

MSM has gone completely quiet concerning this case since GG's television interviews ended. It's as though they're avoiding it, kinda strange. But Robyn's family or friends haven't done anything really to keep it out there either, nothing even close to NH's case. :( Really sad that between them and ALE it's becoming another cold case. :coldcase:.

MSM has gone quiet because there is nothing to report IMO
I don't believe they are avoiding it
I don't see anything strange about that, it happens frequently

It seems there is a big push going on to have John Walsh feature Robyn Gardners story

He was seen going to the car and refilling a glass.
Did anyone actually see what he put into that glass? Who witnessed that?
GG also was the one who stated Rg took a sleeping pill, these are his words I don't think anyone witnessed that either

I have always felt the sleeping pill story would never have come up had it not been for the server saying RG looked woozy
Had that not been mentioned, I don't think GG would have offered that information

As you say, he claimed Robyn took a sleeping pill, his words, so how can he legitimately deny it at the same time just in hopes of collecting on the insurance. It's either one way or the other, can't be both imo.

As far as the witnesses to alcohol consumption/intoxication:

It was reported there were receipts of them purchasing a liter of vodka, I assume to drink.
The witnesses in the restaurant stated they were drinking vodka.
The fisherman, Mr. Silva, stated the police claimed GG was drunk, and that he was mumbling and swaying back and forth, symptoms of intoxication.
GG actually admitted they were drinking in the ABC interview, then in almost the same breath claimed they were a "sober couple".
And how could Robyn be "sober" if she had taken a sleeping pill along with alcohol? That would be physically impossible.
Also, what would GG be refilling his glass with if not alcohol? The only reasonable deduction is alcohol as it is quite expensive compared to say cola or water. I just can't see any reasonable explanation for him to refill it with any other beverage? If he was just thirsty, the restaurant doesn't serve water? Surely they do, maybe even Coke or Pepsi. :dunno:

As you say, he claimed Robyn took a sleeping pill, his words, so how can he legitimately deny it at the same time just in hopes of collecting on the insurance. It's either one way or the other, can't be both imo.

As far as the witnesses to alcohol consumption/intoxication:

It was reported there were receipts of them purchasing a liter of vodka, I assume to drink.
The witnesses in the restaurant stated they were drinking vodka.
The fisherman, Mr. Silva, stated the police claimed GG was drunk, and that he was mumbling and swaying back and forth, symptoms of intoxication.
GG actually admitted they were drinking in the ABC interview, then in almost the same breath claimed they were a "sober couple".
And how could Robyn be "sober" if she had taken a sleeping pill along with alcohol? That would be physically impossible.
Also, what would GG be refilling his glass with if not alcohol? The only reasonable deduction is alcohol as it is quite expensive compared to say cola or water. I just can't see any reasonable explanation for him to refill it with any other beverage? If he was just thirsty, the restaurant doesn't serve water? Surely they do, maybe even Coke or Pepsi. :dunno:

LOL

I am not arguing with you
IMO, they both abused alcohol and there are statements from Robyns friends to back that up.
We are all aware of the fact that they bought vodka and Like you... I assume they bought it to drink

BUT I am not aware of anyone saying they purchased vodka in the bar

I know people say he refilled drinks but to date, i have not heard of any witnesses seeing him pour vodka. Do I think that he did? YES

The man lies!! Its that simple!! I am not looking for any explanation
You may choose which part of his story, if any, you believe
All, parts or none

I believe most of what he says is untrue,but for the most part, its a feeling, with little or nothing to back up that feeling

It seems there is a big push going on to have John Walsh feature Robyn Gardners story

Just curious, where did you hear this?

I don't remember seeing this before:

John Walsh is weighing in on the release of Gary Giordano in Aruba. He has no doubt that Giordano is responsible for Robyn Gardner's disappearance, even though Giordano denies it.

"I think he's going to get away with murder and it's really very, very sad. He lured her to that island, took an insurance policy out in her name, there is nobody else that was stalking that woman except him, and he is the reason that she disappeared," Walsh said

http://insideedition.com/news/7280/john-walsh-weighs-in-on-the-case-shocking-the-nation.aspx

Also, according to Richard, he is leaving the FB page in someone elses hands and is moving on.
He says there is someone new in his life

Very sad if the boyfriend in America going to forget about his girl who go missing from Aruba. Nothing new on the island about Miss Robyn.

It won't open for me
Do you have a translation?

It won't open for me
Do you have a translation?

Your welcome.

I can't give you a accurate translation on the entire article..

It says a tourist found a skull last night near Eagle Beach. You can see the pics at 24ora.com..

Your welcome.

I can't give you a accurate translation on the entire article..

It says a tourist found a skull last night near Eagle Beach. You can see the pics at 24ora.com..

Appreciate you posting these
I am not a patient woman!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members