ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has had me curious is why would she tell the waiter she was waiting for her "husband" to order. They were both unmarried and had nothing to hide. Perhaps it was a weekend of "role playing". I can't imagine anyone saying that. Why didn't she say I'm waiting for my boyfriend to order. Why was it "husband"?

I've been wondering the same thing. :waitasec:
Every day all over the world unmarried males and females go on vacation together. It's not like we are living in the 50's and it's frowned upon. So WHY did she say he was her husband when it really didn't matter one way or the other.

As my family and friends would have said "Who cares, it's not like you'll ever see them again"

Sadly in her case this seems to have been true.

Good morning America video from this morning Aug. 24, 2011

Mystery in Aruba: Gary Giordano's Side of Story
A detailed account from the prime suspect in Robyn Gardner's disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/robyn-gardner-mystery-aruba-gary-giordanos-side-story-14369921

ABC reporting a witness was present when Robyn signed the 1.5 million insurance policy naming GG as beneficiary.

Just reporting what I hear MSM reporting... more detail in the video report.

I've been wondering the same thing. :waitasec:
Every day all over the world unmarried males and females go on vacation together. It's not like we are living in the 50's and it's frowned upon. So WHY did she say he was her husband when it really didn't matter one way or the other.

As my family and friends would have said "Who cares, it's not like you'll ever see them again"

Sadly in her case this seems to have been true.

Considering we don't know her state at the time, drunk, sleeping pills, etc., it doesn't seem unusual to me. My fiance and i have been engaged for 6 years. We may never get married but I refer to him in many cases as my husband. It just comes out easier. JMO.

Is it known for sure they didn't actually get married at some point?

Oh my I sure hope not. Some people even in this day and age are strange about things like that. I think it just rolled off her tongue and never thought a thing about it.

:confused:I almost wish there was NO news as opposed to all this MIS-Information floating around.

Does anyone know if it would even be feasible to be married in that short of a timeframe for non-resident, US Citizens?

Does anyone know if it would even be feasible to be married in that short of a timeframe for non-resident, US Citizens?

What about in Maryland before they left?
Don't they have quick marriage laws...
I was just wondering if in fact she did sign the policy...who knows...

Well I still think GG's story stinks and is untrue. I'm leaning toward it's more probable human trafficing or insurance fraud in which she was never intended to be found. Of course murder is always an option.

Considering we don't know her state at the time, drunk, sleeping pills, etc., it doesn't seem unusual to me. My fiance and i have been engaged for 6 years. We may never get married but I refer to him in many cases as my husband. It just comes out easier. JMO.

I can understand that but RG & GVG were not engaged nor were they an "item" for any length of time. If anything they were friends with benefits.

I wonder who the source is in the ABC video that said RG had been taking pills and had witnessed RG sign the Life Insurance policy. Another :waitasec: moment in this case. IF there really is a source that witnessed both of these events then there had to be a THIRD party involved ... right? The signing of the policy would have been here in the states and the taking of pills would have been in Aruba?

I can understand that but RG & GVG were not engaged nor were they an "item" for any length of time. If anything they were friends with benefits.

I wonder who the source is in the ABC video that said RG had been taking pills and had witnessed RG sign the Life Insurance policy. Another :waitasec: moment in this case. IF there really is a source that witnessed both of these events then there had to be a THIRD party involved ... right? The signing of the policy would have been here in the states and the taking of pills would have been in Aruba?

I tend to agree with you. None of it is making sense but any day now all those reports will be untrue. I still want to know why the supposed fisherman witness waited so long to come forward with his "they didn't swim" story. The reports on this case have just been garbage. When will we learn the real truth. For all we know, this could have been staged and she had time to be off somewhere else. And they'd both have the insurance money.

It seems like all of the witness accounts, information provided by close friends, as well as the actions of Robyn herself seem to all contradict one another.
It really is baffling.

You'd think it would be easier to have her in on the insurance fraud than kill her.

Of course another possibility exists that this man was obsessed and can't handle rejection well just like with past women. He thought there was more to the relationship than there was (even if she was seeing him, she didn't care for him like he wanted her to), is very possessive, and figured if it didn't work out, he would just cash in on the death after brutalizing her(I don't even want to imagine what the last moments could have been like). He became irate in the past with her but she allowed herself to be subjected by his abuse for some reason(possibly he took care of her in some way in which prevented her from breaking it off)- such as the awful texts her friends said she received. He referred to her as his lover in letters (this again she allowed, whether true or not) which made the boyfriend finally come to the realization he wasn't gay. The boyfriend gets mad and moves her stuff out of his apt. I honestly feel sorry for the guy; it must have been torture knowing she was with another man this way on vacation. Yet, her friend states there was no current relationship with this man? Maybe she takes a vacation thinking it's as friends (I don't know how), when she finds out they are sharing a room and possibly a bed. She probably had trouble even sleeping in that position which is why she was up at least til 2am. This would suck! He becomes more and more scary & threatening and she decides to play along with his fantasy to appease him calling him her "husband" (whose idea was that?).. and like others said, it wasn't long after that message to her bf that something happened! Whether he was planning this all along or not, it may have set him off early. But for some reason, this guy is trying to prove to himself and the world they had a relationship- he claims they saw eachother 2 times a month, there are now witnesses who say she referred to him as husband, he wanted everyone in the restaurant to know who they were by making a spectacle of himself, and he leaves photographic evidence behind. It seems like he intentionally wanted to hurt the bf as well.

I just watched this mornings video

hmmm a source?
Unless someone accompanied them, it sounds like GGs story to me

It is Death and Disabilty Insurance. People get it primarily to protect themselves in case of an accident that prevents them from working. It is critical if you are going overseas because any damages you might be able to claim for negligence resulting in your injury would be pitiful by American standards in most countries.

I still don't see the justification in he being the beneficiary. I don't think he was concerned about her or anyone else other than himself. He's worried about her getting disabled, or dying, yet abandons her in the water. Just too convenient. I still think 1.5 million is going a little bit too overboard, especially when it's on somebody else.
If he was having financial difficulty, it's amazing he booked this trip at all.

Good morning America video from this morning Aug. 24, 2011

Mystery in Aruba: Gary Giordano's Side of Story
A detailed account from the prime suspect in Robyn Gardner's disappearance.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/robyn-gardner-mystery-aruba-gary-giordanos-side-story-14369921

ABC reporting a witness was present when Robyn signed the 1.5 million insurance policy naming GG as beneficiary.

Just reporting what I hear MSM reporting... more detail in the video report.

Thanks for this.

Does Robyn have a father? GG may have pre-meditated and taken into consideration that without a father around, there would be one les person to care about the disappearance. We've heard from here bf, rf, and her Mom, but what about the father, any siblings? What kind of family did she come from?

Thanks for this.

Does Robyn have a father? GG may have pre-meditated and taken into consideration that without a father around, there would be one les person to care about the disappearance. We've heard from here bf, rf, and her Mom, but what about the father, any siblings? What kind of family did she come from?

She has a brother
Don't know about others

I still don't see the justification in HIM being the beneficiary of anything.

We don't know what he told her. He may have told her since he paid for the trip, the policy was just to recoup any losses. We don't even know if she read the policy.

We don't know what he told her. He may have told her since he paid for the trip, the policy was just to recoup any losses. We don't even know if she read the policy.

I feel she trusted him or she wouldn't have gone away with him
She may not have questioned the policy at all

:confused:I almost wish there was NO news as opposed to all this MIS-Information floating around.

Me too! I've gotten really tired of these so called sources.

Who are they? I want to know who and where these sources are coming from.

In the ABC piece, it sounds like all one source. So who would know, that they went into the water twice, that RG cut her toe, that police found blood by the car, that it was the second time that they wnet into the water that RG went under, that helicopters spotted sharks and sea turtles, and the same source who says there was a witness to RG signing the insurance form and she appeared coherent.

Before the day is over this will be carried to every other news source, some of the info will get changed here and there, and it will be all over NG. Then next week will TS come out and say it's not true and the media gets blasted once again.

It's a vicious circle and this is getting so frustrating. I wish the media would stop going to these unauthorized sources just so they have something to report.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member