ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't Robyn have found it unusual to have him giving her drinks from the car, or whereever the stash was?

She may have thought that it was unusual but what could she do?

Sounds like another way for him to be in control, even over what she drank. Also a good way for him to be able put something in her drink Undetected.

JMHO

The scene of the crime could not have been too far from that restaurant. Based on what is known (no body found, etc.) it is another part of the coast nearby.

Still curious why he took the roll of paper towels from the restaurant. Perhaps no beach towels were brought and he knew he would be going for a swim with a dead body.
-----------
OK, I know in news reports the "snorkeling" area was said to be behind the abandoned country club - Nanki. I posted a news report earlier. Where are those structures relative to the dive shop/restaurant? I know I saw photos of the interior of cement structures, when the search first began. Now I can't find them.

OK, now I know where I saw the images of cement rooms--I think of the abandoned Nanki Country Club. It was on Nancy Grace. Anyone have that video? Aired August 17. Thanks.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/17/ng.01.html

GRACE: ... let me just tell you what you`re seeing right now. You`re seeing an abandoned country club, not far from where Martin Savidge is standing. The abandoned country club and the restaurant are very close to each other and very close to where he said they were snorkeling.

There you see a pullback of the restaurant. It`s right beside the abandoned country club. That is where the unused condom and the bloody palmprint have been found.

She may have thought that it was unusual but what could she do?

Sounds like another way for him to be in control, even over what she drank. Also a good way for him to be able put something in her drink Undetected.

JMHO

Was she that much under his thumb? She could just...not drink it, I guess.

IMO: I think Robyn was getting through the trip OK, even though she was disappointed, the "this sucks" comment, and suspected little about what would happen to her, because he probably did not reveal that part until it was too late.

That is my opinion. I have personal experience when such a person who seemed by all appearances to be jovial and "normal" suddenly attacked. So, don't tell me it doesn't happen.

Think how Bundy, for instance, would do a sudden change of character, some call that Jekyll/Hyde.

My thought too. He was either a cheapo or just wanted more vodka in their drinks.

Guys, seriously, does it not dawn on you? A guy who is in the Caribbean, with a girl he has a $1.5 million insurance policy on...and he has a violent and criminal background...and she disappears...and shortly before she disappears he is getting drinks "from the car" for them...and someone described her about that time as, what was the word, woozy... I mean, come on.

He was spiking her cup with some kind of drug when he went to the car.

Guys, seriously, does it not dawn on you? A guy who is in the Caribbean, with a girl he has a $1.5 million insurance policy on...and he has a violent and criminal background...and she disappears...and shortly before she disappears he is getting drinks "from the car" for them...and someone described her about that time as, what was the word, woozy... I mean, come on.

I get it. But not sure why she would not have noticed, if others did, and why she would drink the drinks, I guess. Are witnesses saying she was wasted already at this point?

Was she that much under his thumb? She could just...not drink it, I guess.

Not so much under his thumb, they did go on the trip together, sounds like she trusted him at that point , she most likely wasn't thinking that he was going to spike her drink.

The more we're hearing, the more we're finding out that he appears to be in big financial trouble. She may have already known he didn't have money. He used his Marriott points for their place in Aruba, we don't know how he paid for the flight, he could have used frequent flier miles. He could have told her it was cheaper to get a bottle than pay for drinks at the bar.

Maybe she thought he was cheap but what was she to do, demand he buy drinks at the bar too, after he took her to Aruba?

JMHO

Seems that way to me.

I get it. But not sure why she would not have noticed, if others did, and why she would drink the drinks, I guess. Are witnesses saying she was wasted already at this point?

The reports seem to be inconsistent, or at least the media is inconsistent on them. Not clear.

Why would she drink them? Hell, why not? He's saying, "we've got our own and it's better, why pay for weak drinks?"...and he's fetching them for her. I've pretty much done that many times, at ball games, concerts, whatever... Never had anyone question it.

Well, if all your other talking points weren't true, I would say the bar ran out of their favorite brand of Vodka.
IMO

------------
I agree with you and everyone else who believes this. I know too many women who were offered drinks w/additives before they were attacked.

This is what may appear had been happening.
I see it as "It'll be cheaper if we get our drinks from the car. OH, and by the way, I'm broke."

Not so much under his thumb, they did go on the trip together, sounds like she trusted him at that point , she most likely wasn't thinking that he was going to spike her drink.

The more we're hearing, the more we're finding out that he appears to be in big financial trouble. She may have already known he didn't have money. He used his Marriott points for their place in Aruba, we don't know how he paid for the flight, he could have used frequent flier miles. He could have told her it was cheaper to get a bottle than pay for drinks at the bar.

Maybe she thought he was cheap but what was she to do, demand he buy drinks at the bar too, after he took her to Aruba?

JMHO

BBM

I kind of doubt that. Surely she wouldn't have signed the insurance policy?

Also, I don't think GVG is the type to let women know he's broke. He seems like the type that would keep up the appearance of being a "sugar daddy" no matter the cost.

Heck, he doesn't even let women know he's balding. :D

I am going on the assumption that he has a direct line to ALE and can contact them with information on the case when needed. I would think that is the case, but am not 100% sure.

He has said, more than once, he finds out things when the news find out things.

Next time you email RF can you ask him about the involvement of the Psychic that CJ is talking about on FB. She says they are (at least she is) speaking with a foreign Psychic and that what is being said is that RG has visited this Psychic in spirit, she is angry that she has not yet been found and to look for a white flower with a yellow center.

I can't understand why she is posting all of this.. but....

I did alot of searches on that. There are alot of white flowers with yellow centers on Aruba. One place I found in searching is Arikok. All of my searches for the white flower came to a place called Arikok Mines.

"A rare species that can be seen at the gold mines of Miralamar at park Arikok, is the Cadushi di Colebra or Dama di Anochi. This cactus winds its way among other plants and blooms large white flowers at night."

http://www.arubaplaza.com/nature/aruba-nature-plants.html

He has said, more than once, he finds out things when the news find out things.

I get that, though would be surprised if ALE didn't initially reach out to him for any info and leave a contact number. Frankly I was surprised he couldn't answer the dress question or provide more info on the witness to her signing the AMEX policy. It tells me a lot. I guess some of us deal with tragedy differently. Robyn would want her loved ones to nail the guy who took her life away. It is time to lift up the rocks and find evidence of what most of us know in our gut happened here. All the hand holding is nice, but Robyn needs smart questions being asked and hard work to uncover evidence. Relying on ALE is a risk I wouldnt take. I find him to be too much of a spectator. But I obviously am wired differently.

MOO.

I get that, though would be surprised if ALE didn't initially reach out to him for any info and leave a contact number. Frankly I was surprised he couldn't answer the dress question or provide more info on the witness to her signing the AMEX policy. It tells me a lot. I guess some of us deal with tragedy differently. Robyn would want her loved ones to nail the guy who took her life away. It is time to lift up the rocks and find evidence of what most of us know in our gut happened here. All the hand holding is nice, but Robyn needs smart questions being asked and hard work to uncover evidence. Relying on ALE is a risk I wouldnt take. I find him to be too much of a spectator. But I obviously am wired differently.

MOO.

I know I would be on that Island raising H*LL and I'd bet my last dollar my husband would do the same. My husband asks daily, did that guy go to Aruba yet? Everyday when I say no, he shakes his head and says, there is something weird about that.

BBM

I kind of doubt that. Surely she wouldn't have signed the insurance policy?

Also, I don't think GVG is the type to let women know he's broke. He seems like the type that would keep up the appearance of being a "sugar daddy" no matter the cost.

Heck, he doesn't even let women know he's balding. :D

The "Oh, and by the way, I'm broke." I have him saying to himself in order to preserve, as you correctly point out, his sugar daddy profile.

However, I don't see him drugging her... I see him using a foreign object. That crazy bast%3*$d Perry March used a wrench. I see Gary following suit, changing rugs, driving north and meeting his two cronies.

I'm not sure that ALE's protocol would be to share investigative info with some guy (RF) in another country who says he's her boyfriend, seeing as he's not the victim's parent or legal spouse.

And presuming he truly was a current, live-in, very serious boyfriend, one would think he would be getting updates from her folks. If he's not .... :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member