ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I would be on that Island raising H*LL and I'd bet my last dollar my husband would do the same. My husband asks daily, did that guy go to Aruba yet? Everyday when I say no, he shakes his head and says, there is something weird about that.

I know nothing about RF but I suppose it's always possible that there might be a reason why he can't travel out of the country.

I do think he's done more to raise awareness in the US by staying there and making himself available to the "news" shows.

MOO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a person is missing, isn't it standard protocol to state what she was last wearing? If they have not recovered the dress, it should be part of the description of this person IMO. It shouldn't be secret information.

Random google image of a missing person to make the point:

nadia_bloom_missing_poster.jpg

http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=1445

I know I would be on that Island raising H*LL and I'd bet my last dollar my husband would do the same. My husband asks daily, did that guy go to Aruba yet? Everyday when I say no, he shakes his head and says, there is something weird about that.

My bolding

Yes, as an example, like Beth Holloway did?

ETA: And Dave Holloway, I shouldn't have left him out, he immediately went to the island and stayed too.

I'm not sure that ALE's protocol would be to share investigative info with some guy (RF) in another country who says he's her boyfriend, seeing as he's not the victim's parent or legal spouse. And presuming he truly was a current, live-in, very serious boyfriend, one would think he would be getting updates from her folks. If he's not .... :waitasec:

My bolding

Good point, they may not give him any information since he is not family.

It didn't sound like he was in touch with her family. Then there was RG's friend who seemed to be saying that things weren't really that good between them, not the way he's been portraying them to be in the media.

Who knows why he doesn't go, I was listening to a John Walsh program about another missing person, they were saying that the best thing people in their situation can do is keep the focus in the media. Maybe he really thinks that it's the best he can do, given the fact that he isn't family and he knows they won't divulge anything to him.

On the other hand, just being there, looking, searching for himself, at least attempting to get answers from authorities, seems to be something he should do too.

My bolding

Good point, they may not give him any information since he is not family.

It didn't sound like he was in touch with her family. Then there was RG's friend who seemed to be saying that things weren't really that good between them, not the way he's been portraying them to be in the media.

Who knows why he doesn't go, I was listening to a John Walsh program about another missing person, they were saying that the best thing people in their situation can do is keep the focus in the media. Maybe he really thinks that it's the best he can do, gioven the fact that he isn't family and he knows they won't divulge anything to him.

Yes it is a good thing that he can do and is doing. I give him credit for that. I bet John Walsh would be doing more than that though. I'm more like John Walsh than someone who just hopes others solve the case. I would hope there is a John Walsh type who would help authorities if something happened to me. In fact I know who that would be, it would be my mother.

Yes it is a good thing that he can do and is doing. I give him credit for that. I bet John Walsh would be doing more than that though. I'm more like John Walsh than someone who just hopes other solve the case. I would hope there is a John Walsh type who would help authorities if something happened to me. In fact I know who that would be, it would be my mother.

I need to stop hitting send before I'm finished my thought, ha. :crazy:

I had added while you were quoting. I did add that on the other hand, just being there, searching and at least trying to get answers seems like something he should be doing.

My mother too, and as a mother, there would be no stopping me, and I would dare anyone to try to get in my way of it were my child.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a person is missing, isn't it standard protocol to state what she was last wearing? If they have not recovered the dress, it should be part of the description of this person IMO. It shouldn't be secret information.

(Respectfully snipped for space.)

Well ... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that GG told LE she was last seen by him wearing a bikini, flippers and a snorkle...

But I agree, since it's now presumably that last thing anyone other than GG has seen her in (the maxi dress), it should be added.

I had added while you were quoting. I did add that on the other hand, just being there, searching and at least trying to get answers seems like something he should be doing.

My mother too, and as a mother, there would be no stopping me, and I would dare anyone to try to get in my way of it were my child.

I think that it is almost an innate reaction to want to go to a place where a loved one was injured or disappeared. That RF has not gone to Aruba suggests one of two things: the love is not as strong as one would expect after a 2 year relationship, or there is a legal reason why he cannot to go Aruba.

Well ... RF is not RG's mom and he's not her husband either. He's the 18 month (?) boyfriend who's in a weird/awkward place--just found out he'd been lied to by someone he thought he 'knew' and has to know she likely was cheating too--otherwise, why lie about where she was going and then also lie about GG being gay? So I'm not saying vendictiveness would hold him back from going--I don't get that vibe at all.... but his place in her life may have been shaky BEFORE she left, made even shakier to hear about a possible double life she'd been leading/hiding ...

Heck, for all we know her parents don't care for him and he knows his being there wouldn't seem appropriate to them.

I know all that might be hard to imagine, but try to imagine that it's NOT your spouse or child that went missing. Imagine it's someone you only dated, maybe broke up with, never got engaged to, and then imagine you found out they may have been lying/cheating on you for possibly the entire length of your relationship.

I think it's not as cut and dried.

Don't throw eggs, I'm just throwing it out there. :crazy:

Well ... RF is not RG's mom and he's not her husband either. He's the 18 month (?) boyfirend who's in a weird/awkward place--just found out he'd been lied to by someone he thought he 'knew' and has to know she likely was cheating too--otherwide, why lie about where she was going and then also lie about GG being gay? So I'm not saying vendictiveness would hold him back from going--I don't get that vibe at all.... but his place in her life may have been shaky BEFORE she left, made even shakier to hear about a possible double life she'd been leading/hiding ...

Heck, for all we know her parents don't care for him and he knows his being there wouldn't seem appropriate to them.

I know all that might be hard to imagine, but try to imagine that it's NOT your spouse or child that went missing. Imagine it's someone you only dated, maybe broke up with, never got engaged to, and then imagine you found out they may have been lying/cheating on you for possibly the entire length of your relationship.

I think it's not as cut and dried.

Don't throw eggs, I'm just throwing it out there. :crazy:

I agree with you.

I got the distinct impression from her friend that their relationship had not been in a good place. I had posted that a few times. He may have known at the time that it was about to end, but now that RG's gone, he is putting it all aside.

And it may not have been all RG, I agree it was wrong to lie to him, but we don't know what he was like in the relationship, he could have been the jerk.

If he isn't in contact with her family now, it's very telling that maybe the relationship was not good.

JMHO

Hi all!

I tend to agree about RF. Something is not right there and I think
it goes deeper than him not being a relative etc.
He either really does have that put together 'strong' attitude that
he is showing OR there is a lot we don't know about their relationship.
JMO but it could be anything from him making more of the ties between
them that there are, or he's trying hard to accept the fact that RG
would do this to him.
Sometimes when he is on TV I swear I see a little anger and upset
within him that he is trying hard to hide.
Could be wrong, but it's just the feeling I get.

Requesting your opinions.

Presuming the report is true (and it might not be) that Gary is listed as the beneficiary for Robyn, it means one of two events must have occurred:

1. Robyn signed the change of beneficiary form, and a witness was present.
2. Gary forged her signature (and likely the witness is someone named that he knows would back him up.)

Which of those two do you think is true?

Here is what AMEX says on this subject:

amexbeneficiarydata.jpg

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...-u7wC2&sig=AHIEtbQTjL56UH1lfb-LFviZvXjWyIgIrw

I could not locate their form for this, but it probably resembles something like this:

samplebeneficiaryform.jpg

How in the heck could he have gotten her to sign that thing???? I really think it was forged, and he has somebody willing to say they witnessed it. Your thoughts on this crucial point?

I am not sure being on TV in the US will help find Robyn...but I may be missing something. I am pretty sure everyone down there knows she is missing...if a few people in the US don't, I can't see how that really matters. I don't think she is here...

Question for the group: If GG actually did put her in the water, do you find it odd that nothing has washed up? That we know of, anyway? Wouldn't you think that there would be something, like the dress, a shoe, a piece of jewelry, etc?

If she was fed to the sharks, would they leave nothing behind? I don't know, I'm asking. I guess that if she was put in the ocean, he may have undressed her first, but that would mean that her clothing and personal effects would have to have been stashed somewhere, right? :waitasec: JMO.

The reports seem to be inconsistent, or at least the media is inconsistent on them. Not clear.

Why would she drink them? Hell, why not? He's saying, "we've got our own and it's better, why pay for weak drinks?"...and he's fetching them for her. I've pretty much done that many times, at ball games, concerts, whatever... Never had anyone question it.

People generally don't do that when they are on vacation at a resort destination. Especially ones that are middle aged. An 18 year old maybe, but not an adult.

I am not sure being on TV in the US will help find Robyn...but I may be missing something. I am pretty sure everyone down there knows she is missing...if a few people in the US don't, I can't see how that really matters. I don't think she is here...

There is no reason for him to be on TV in the US - but the talking heads like the ratings. Robyn's family is doing what the FBI requested and remaining silent so as to not interfere with the investigation. It's hard to imagine why RF has gone against the request to not say anything that may interfere with the investigation. Last I heard, the Aruban authorities were trying to find out who is leaking information to the media as it has interfered with the investigation - because the jail has cable.

Two very interesting comments posted here.

The dress---it was the last thing she had on . So where is it. She had to take it off to snorkel. Have the authorities recovered it? If not how is GG explaining it not being in his car or her belongings. That's gone off a cliff with Robyn?IF

Life insurance policy for 1.5 million! Why would GG take out this huge policy, if he planned to do something to Robyn--It is the perfect red flag for premeditation. He may be a lot of things, but I do not think he is "stupid"

Question for the group: If GG actually did put her in the water, do you find it odd that nothing has washed up? That we know of, anyway? Wouldn't you think that there would be something, like the dress, a shoe, a piece of jewelry, etc?

If she was fed to the sharks, would they leave nothing behind? I don't know, I'm asking. I guess that if she was put in the ocean, he may have undressed her first, but that would mean that her clothing and personal effects would have to have been stashed somewhere, right? :waitasec: JMO.

I've been looking at tidal, wind direction and ocean current charts to try to figure out what would happen. The wind, as far as I can tell, is east to west with a northernly direction in the current. Depending on where she went into the water, I think it's possible that she could have drifted away.

She may be on land, which is where the searches are taking place. I think that if he put her somewhere on land, she should be within a 30 minute drive from the dive shop ... something should turn up.

It's obvious that the source of the leak can only have come from someone inside the police dept. No one else who have had access to the information that was being leaked. Who gave JR the photos or told her the specifics of what they showed?

Requesting your opinions.

Presuming the report is true (and it might not be) that Gary is listed as the beneficiary for Robyn, it means one of two events must have occurred:

1. Robyn signed the change of beneficiary form, and a witness was present.
2. Gary forged her signature (and likely the witness is someone named that he knows would back him up.)

Which of those two do you think is true?

I suspect she signed it, probably at an AmEx office or something, maybe at the airport, probably in front of an employee who "witnessed" it. Doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe they got traveler's checks at the same time? I don't think GG is smart enough to pull off a scheme involving third parties (and I doubt there are many people stupid enough to be part of one with him). At any rate, I imagine these facts are well known to LE by now, just not to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member