ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me agrees...

But part of me finds it hard to believe her creep-o-meter would allow her to befriend/date this guy let alone go on vacation with him, putting her in the position to sign anything. And I'm not talking looks, just general ... creepiness.

But clearly her creep-o-meter is calibrated diferently than mine! :crazy:

So since she made some other choices that seem ... unbelievable to us, what's one more? Idk...

Part of me agrees as well....

What I think this will lead to though is a discovery that Robyn's signature was forged.

If it were ME, I would be showing more than just a "little" anger and upset.

If it is true that she was seeing GG regularly at least several times a month, she lied to the man she was living with (off of?) on numerous occasions over a long period of time, was drunk and violent enough to necessitate law enforcement being called not once but several times, and don't forget the final goodbye being that she was going to visit her FAMILY in the south (oops, guess not). I hate saying it, but she just might have been a living nightmare for the length of the relationship. If she wasn't, then she at least was an ILLUSION to RF. I would not be at all surprised if what he feels, other than justifiable anger, is embarrassment coupled with relief that she is OUT of his life. If she came to harm, HE didn't cause it!

Really, why WOULD he leave the country to go do ANYTHING on behalf of such a person? He is probably counting his lucky stars that he didn't MARRY the crazy woman and get treated this way until she divorced him and claimed yet another period of alimony and property payments.

I hope she wasn't murdered and wish her no harm, but expecting RF to go down there and act as though he LOVES her is asking for him to live in denial. I hope he is healthier than that.

I agree with you here, but if this is the case then he knew exactly what
he was up against. Why then keep her around in a miserable relationship?
I guess we can chalk it up to love and RG knowing what strings to pull.?

That would also explain him not going to Aruba right away.
Kinda caught between a rock and a hard place KWIM?

It's obvious that the source of the leak can only have come from someone inside the police dept. No one else who have had access to the information that was being leaked. Who gave JR the photos or told her the specifics of what they showed?

Julia Renfo is FB friends with Alex Mathew, an inmate at KIA.

Julia Renfo is FB friends with Alex Mathew, an inmate at KIA.

How would Alex Mathew know what was on the photos or in the police files in Robyn's case? That's information only investigators would know and have access to, so the source would still be from someone inside the police dept.

Do police share that info with prisoners?

GMA this morning showed an interview with a 2nd fisherman who says he saw GG and RG drive away together, and that GG was driving as though he were intoxicated.

The fisherman says he saw GG return alone later and it was clear then he was intoxicated.

GMA this morning showed an interview with a 2nd fisherman who says he saw GG and RG drive away together, and that GG was driving as though he were intoxicated.

The fisherman says he saw GG return alone later and it was clear then he was intoxicated.

I saw it too and waiting for the link to be posted so everyone can see it. It's not online yet.

The fisherman said GG was so intoxicated he could only mumble while answering questions. Hmm, he had to be close enough to hear. I need to listen to this again.

The new witness also says when they were looking out to the water, they saw what appeared to be fins. I heard an earlier report that sharks had been spotted in the area.

New Witness video, two things noticeable to me. It's reported this witness saw them leave the resturant and he was driving erratically, driving in the wrong direction. Second, while police were questioning him, he appeared intoxicated, he was mumbling.

Video Link

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aruba-mystery-eyewitness-describes-scene-beach-14386651

For various reasons, that witness just doesn't strike me as particularly reliable. The reporters noted that he apparently has not been interviewed by police. I'm guessing they know more than we do about this guy.

The man's story seems off.

Don't have time at the moment to jot down all of the inconsistencies. But a few things, he says that police told him that GG was very drunk, when would they have done that, was he there when they were questioning GG or is he saying police told him that later on? It was said at the end that police haven't spoken to him

Also when he mentions the shark, it sounds like he is just repeating what had already been said in the media, that fins were detected by the helicopter.

JMHO

The man's story seems off.

Don't have time at the moment to jot down all of the inconsistencies. But a few things, he says that police told him that GG was very drunk, when would they have done that, was he there when they were questioning GG or is he saying police told him that later on? It was said at the end that police haven't spoken to him

Also when he mentions the shark, it sounds like he is just repeating what had already been said in the media, that fins were detected by the helicopter.

JMHO

It came across to me that he was standing close enough while ALE was questioning GG on the beach. Why would they let him and other witnesses be that close when they are questioning a POI. He said he along with several other people were looking across the water and did see the fins as mentioned from the helicopter fly over. The story kind of ran together. He doesn't seem credible to me.

Actually, I think he is stupid. A complete moron, in fact. There are too many holes in this thing to have been pulled off by a guy with any brains. The only question is, are local LE any smarter?

Seriously,J-A-G, it is those "holes" that make me question "why"??

EVERYTHING Points to Giordano, he cannot be that stupid. It is almost like he wants LE to underestimate his intelligence, that is how OBVIOUS he has made it. I also question if the account of him trying to collect on the insurance is accurate. Think about it , any moron would know "holes" in the story is the first thing you consider.

Now if you were really intelligent you might set this crime up with "all of these holes" in order to give your defense attorney the "argument" that " If my client was guilty, WHY would he " yada, yada, yada.

Crazy ? Possibly, but there is no reason for him to be "seen with her" 2 hours before,other than to establish he was alone with Robin--wouldn't you think he might want to say he went somewhere really populated, lost sight of her, and now "she is Missing". This would allow him to have plenty of possibilities as to what happened and who took her. Just sayin!
It is only my opinion, but I do not belive this man to be an idiot.

Seriously,J-A-G, it is those "holes" that make me question "why"??

EVERYTHING Points to Giordano, he cannot be that stupid. It is almost like he wants LE to underestimate his intelligence, that is how OBVIOUS he has made it. I also question if the account of him trying to collect on the insurance is accurate. Think about it , any moron would know "holes" in the story is the first thing you consider.

Now if you were really intelligent you might set this crime up with "all of these holes" in order to give your defense attorney the "argument" that " If my client was guilty, WHY would he " yada, yada, yada.

Crazy ? Possibly, but there is no reason for him to be "seen with her" 2 hours before,other than to establish he was alone with Robin--wouldn't you think he might want to say he went somewhere really populated, lost sight of her, and now "she is Missing". This would allow him to have plenty of possibilities as to what happened and who took her. Just sayin!
It is only my opinion, but I do not belive this man to be an idiot.

I see your points. Still, keep in mind, this is a guy who got busted repeatedly for shoplifting (relatively minor items). This is not a Grand Schemer.

On the insurance, most policies require that you "report a loss or injury" pretty much immediately, or they will deny coverage. I'm sure he knew that, at least, which may explain the call two days after she ... went missing.

If he intentionally murdered her, this would be The Big Time for a bit player like him. He would be in way over his head, out of his league, trying to pull off The Big One. The nervousness, the drinking, the sweating, the strange behavior... all fit that mold. He may have targeted the lower end of the island because of knowledge of currents, or precisely because it is more isolated and a better place to Do the Deed. I don't have any problem believing what some have said about his obsession with the NH case; I imagine he may have read a bit about the island, the waters, etc. Introducing themselves at the bar... pouring their drinks from his own concoction in the car...all calculated (weakly) to look like "normal" behavior (in his twisted, desperate mind).

I am looking forward to the moment when LE release information regarding his home computers and other evidence they have gathered. I imagine the picture will become clearer, and I'm betting he's not smart enough to have thoroughly cleaned his home computers (not so easy anyway).

It came across to me that he was standing close enough while ALE was questioning GG on the beach. Why would they let him and other witnesses be that close when they are questioning a POI. He said he along with several other people were looking across the water and did see the fins as mentioned from the helicopter fly over. The story kind of ran together. He doesn't seem credible to me.

I don't know all the details of this case, but is this right after ALE got there to respond to his '911' call? (Lol, I'm sure the number isn't 911 in Aruba, hence the quotes. :crazy:)

If he just called to report that he lost sight of her in the ocean, and the police had just shown up, I doubt they'd see him as a potential murderer at that moment and be clearing the area. They'd be looking for a distressed snorkler or accidental drowning victim, and asking her date to point to where he last saw her, etc.

Check out this piece written by a bold journalist:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-text-sent-boyfriend.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I like the forged signature idea- genius!

My theory about him paying two cronies to dispose of the body by taking it out to sea is losing its luster. After all, the guy is broke. Unless he used the famous line from the film "Day of The Jackal." That line being: "Half now, half later." (disclosing his insurance wind-fall).

I don't think we'll ever see a body wash up. Painful... I really dislike GG.

I see your points. Still, keep in mind, this is a guy who got busted repeatedly for shoplifting (relatively minor items). This is not a Grand Schemer.

On the insurance, most policies require that you "report a loss or injury" pretty much immediately, or they will deny coverage. I'm sure he knew that, at least, which may explain the call two days after she ... went missing.

If he intentionally murdered her, this would be The Big Time for a bit player like him. He would be in way over his head, out of his league, trying to pull off The Big One. The nervousness, the drinking, the sweating, the strange behavior... all fit that mold. He may have targeted the lower end of the island because of knowledge of currents, or precisely because it is more isolated and a better place to Do the Deed. I don't have any problem believing what some have said about his obsession with the NH case; I imagine he may have read a bit about the island, the waters, etc. Introducing themselves at the bar... pouring their drinks from his own concoction in the car...all calculated (weakly) to look like "normal" behavior (in his twisted, desperate mind).

I am looking forward to the moment when LE release information regarding his home computers and other evidence they have gathered. I imagine the picture will become clearer, and I'm betting he's not smart enough to have thoroughly cleaned his home computers (not so easy anyway).

I have to agree 100%. This guy has a long history not only of impulsive aggression and violence, but of a half-baked lawsuit scheme to get rich quick and he's failed at that as well. This guy THINKS he's super smart and can outwit the system, but he doesn't have the common sense and the brain power to pull it off.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robyn-gardner-missing-aruba-suspect-gary-giordanos-5m/story?id=14379154

From the above article:

In the suit against the staffing company, Giordano was accused of forging documents in the suit and later dropped the case. Murphy said Giordano made up a contract and tried to sue the company for not upholding it.

Does a smart person fabricate a document, forge signatures on it, and then try to sue a company in a court of law ... thinking he can really win 5 million dollars? And this was just in 2010. He's actually more desperate for money now than he was 18 months ago.

Then we have a woman who he stalked outside her window wearing a deer costume? Me thinky he's a few fries short of a Happy Meal...

The fact of the matter is, a lot of criminals are really, really stupid.

The fact of the matter is, a lot of criminals are really, really stupid.

Yep. I once had to plow through all the trial transcripts and evidence files for every death penalty case in the state of Georgia since the Greg v Georgia decision. What a messy job that was. Time after time, I would think, "now if the idiot had just not done that, he might have gotten away with it..."

My all time favorite was the guy who appealed his burglary conviction to the state high court. He argued (pro se) that the fingerprints admitted into evidence at his trial could not have been his...because he used gloves when he did the burglary. (Yep, I'm serious.) Needless to say, his appeal was denied.

Back on topic, one other thing I wanted to mention about the question as to, why didn't he just "be seen" in a busy crowded area first, then claim she just disappeared? A: That would not play well into his plan re the insurance. If she just "ran off" or "disappeared" (ala Susan Powell, Katelyn Markham etc, supposedly), it would be next to impossible to get her declared or assumed dead. He needed a theory that concluded with her death.

That article linked by gajonka is indeed bold. First I've heard about the theory he killed her in in a shack up at Seroe Colorado. Has that come up anywhere else? Seems to me that would be an easy theory to test out; there would almost certainly be some evidence there.

I emailed Richard F. and asked him if they recovered the dress. He said "Not that I know of."

Anybody got Taco's cell number? :crazy:

Obviously she didn't go snorkeling then. The dress would have been found in the car or hotel. Where's her shoes?
I don't know if any of this would be enough to detain him though for much longer.

Are there any stray boats or canoes on the coast that someone can use to dump a body? All you need is some blood to attract the sharks; not too difficult. You'd think they would be able to find pieces or shreds of clothing washing onto shore, unless it's an area that carries the tides away from the island and if there is coastal portion that is comprised of cliffs rather than beaches. He could wound her body, tie something heavy onto her, and then just drop her off somewhere in shark-infested water. It's just hard to believe all of this happened during the daytime. Maybe they should be checking out if there are any underwater caves in the region as well where a body can be stashed. Some islands have active volcanoes and lava flows which might be a good place for body disposal. Lava is similar in temperature to that of incineration at a crematorium.

I really can't picture this guy putting himself in any danger by seeking underground caves to hide her, in shark-infested waters, JMO...

I really can't picture this guy putting himself in any danger by seeking underground caves to hide her, in shark-infested waters, JMO...

I don't see any easy ways to hide a body either in the daytime. But somehow he did, or she is in on this "scheme". He already put himself in danger by even scheming such a plot, but people will do almost anything for money when their livelihoods are at risk. I'm not surprised anymore. He doesn't necessarily have to put himself in physical danger to dump a body in shark-infested waters or dump a body period. If they never recover a body, chances are she's in the ocean somewhere. People that get away with crimes like this usually know their environment pretty well. Are there any other ideas where he could have disposed of her remains? The ALE should know better than anyone and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb