ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is dead, I think she probably is in the ocean...but it seems he would have had to take her out in a boat to be sure she would not wash back up on the shore...and there are no signs he did that, that we know of...if you try to throw someone off a cliff, they are not likely to be swept all the way out to the deep sea...more likely land straight down below you, I would think...?

If they can establish the authenticity of her signature on the beneficiary form, it may lead to evidence that it was forged. That will lock in a murder conviction.

It may be the only way to get a guilty verdict.

If she is dead, I think she probably is in the ocean...but it seems he would have had to take her out in a boat to be sure she would not wash back up on the shore...and there are no signs he did that, that we know of...if you try to throw someone off a cliff, they are not likely to be swept all the way out to the deep sea...more likely land straight down below you, I would think...?

I think he got in the water (at a different part of the coast) and swam her body out to a current that would take her away from shore. He also had scratches on his legs which could have been from rocks along the coast where he went to. Perhaps he cut her toe before swimming away to attract sharks.

This photo appears to show hair that looks like he has been swimming IMO. Of course he could have made it look that way as his story was that he was snorkeling.

3f72dc50ada88fa607112f0.jpg

I'm wondering if LE has checked all of those 50 abandoned shacks in that area behind and around the restaurant.

I don't believe there was any proof Van Der Sloot took a boat out to sea either, but many believe it's possible he did. Again, I've never been to Aruba, so I don't have the answers on how this can be done covertly. Cork usually floats, so her cork sandals would float unless properly restrained onto her body, but even then it is only a matter of time. Where would he hide these things? In the sand, in a ditch, randomly on the island, in a bag in garbage can somewhere at another hotel, in a landfill? How many resources are they willing to use over one missing woman though? There hasn't really been a formal search yet; as far as I know it was "called off", so any evidence anywhere on the island is almost a month old and likely gone. It's not like they can search countless garbage bins on the island. Any other witnesses are gone, their memories not as fresh, etc. They were only zeroed in on an area GG directed them to, so they probably missed the boat on this one. All of the alleged "evidence" so far have been dismissed as rumor.

Again, those are just possible thoughts I shared. Take what you will from them, but at this point someone's guess is just as good as any. We may never know. I don't expect them to use all of their manpower on one case either. If there is 1.5 million of insurance, that money should start being put to use in the search efforts. What good is it then if it's not? Pitiful.

Again, those are just possible thoughts I shared. Take what you will from them, but at this point someone's guess is just as good as any. We may never know. I don't expect them to use all of their manpower on one case either. If there is 1.5 million of insurance, that money should start being put to use in the search efforts. What good is it then if it's not? Pitiful.

BBM

I'm not familiar with this particular brand of life insurance policy, but I would think in order for it to pay out, one would have to provide proof of death via a death certificate. IMO, that burden would be on the person who wishes to collect on the policy. AFAIK, it was an accidental death policy; I've never heard of something like that paying out to help the person collecting on the policy....collect.

If any entity will be interested in proving his guilt, it will be AMEX. They have 1.5 million dollars riding on this. That is encouraging. The smoking gun is the forged signature. MOO.

If any entity will be interested in proving his guilt, it will be AMEX. They have 1.5 million dollars riding on this. That is encouraging. The smoking gun is the forged signature. MOO.

Was just researching how to recognized a forged signature. It is pretty developed as a technology.

For example, can you tell which of the three signatures is forged? There is one of each of these signed names that is forged. There are exact clues that tell one this.

figure1.gif

Third one on top row, First one on second row, Second one on third row are forgeries.

Experts tell us to look for five specific signs of forgery.
The overall look-There is "something" about the look of it that is different. You may not be able to say exactly what it is, but it is the first indication that there is something "different" about this signature.

The length-Given the same amount of space to use, the length of your signature is about the only true constant. You may think you sign your name differently each time you sign it, but chances are if you lay a ruler on it, you will discover that it is exactly the same length each time. As a matter of fact, if you measure something you signed five or ten years ago, you may note that your style of writing has changed, but the length has not.

Pen lifts-When a forger is copying a signature, their eye moves from the original to the forgery, back and forth. Each time their eye moves, their pen may leave the paper, and then go back on. This leaves tiny spaces between letters or between parts of letters that do not normally appear in the authentic signature. The stroke immediately following the replacement of the pen on the paper is heavier.

Ink blots-are most noticeable when a ball point pen is used. In this case, when the forger's eye moves from the forgery to the original, the pen stays on the paper, but stops, then starts up again to do the next part of the letter. Each "stop" leaves a tiny dot of ball point ink, like a series of periods along the lines of the letters. The stroke following the "stop" is again heavier than the part of the line preceding the dot.

Criminal tremor-which is different from old-age tremor, and yet is similar. Old age tremor occurs because an elderly person may hold the writing instrument in their hand very loosely. Any tremor of their arm or hand, therefore, is transmitted to and through the writing instrument. Old-age tremor is consistent in that it appears in all writing done by the elderly person. In the case of forgery, the concentration of the forger results in a tight grip on the pen or pencil-so tight that it causes a tremor to appear in the writing. This is most apparent in the use of a felt tip pen.

http://www.bankersonline.com/articles/bhv01n11/bhv01n11a7.html

BBM

I agree and disagree. I agree that Am/Ex has the most to lose as a business entity.

But if she can't be found, Am/Ex is likely off the hook. So why would they want to help (from a financial stadpoint) find her body?

Am/Ex is in the best financial position if she isn't found. If she's found (dead) and the cause and manner of death aren't obviously homicide...they might have to pay out.

I don't see them shelling out 1.5 million in order to keep from paying him 1.5 million... I don't see them shelling out anything at all. If her death can't be proven, even if GG is never convicted of a crime, they still would not likely have to pay out anything.

Moo!

BBM

I agree and disagree. I agree that Am/Ex has the most to lose as a business entity.

But if she can't be found, Am/Ex is likely off the hook. So why would they want to help (from a financial stadpoint) find her body?

Am/Ex is in the best financial position if she isn't found. If she's found (dead) and the cause and manner of death aren't obviously homicide...they might have to pay out.

I don't see them shelling out 1.5 million in order to keep from paying him 1.5 million... I don't see them shelling out anything at all. If her death can't be proven, even if GG is never convicted of a crime, they still would not likely have to pay out anything.

Moo!

BBM. I don't think it nullifies the policy if the body is never found. In any case, I am not referring to helping locate the body. I am referring to them pursuing an investigation into the beneficiary form to see if it was forged. There is also a witness to the form being signed, so that person should be tracked down, etc. There is some leg work to do and they would be interested to do it so that they don't have to pay the 1.5 million.

MOO.

BBM. I don't think it nullifies the policy if the body is never found. In any case, I am not referring to helping locate the body. I am referring to them pursuing an investigation into the beneficiary form to see if it was forged. There is also a witness to the form being signed, so that person should be tracked down, etc. There is some leg work to do and they would be interested to do it so that they don't have to pay the 1.5 million.

MOO.

Right. This was discussed in the first two threads. She will likely be presumed dead at some point even without a body. (At the same time, a body is not absolutely necessary for a murder conviction, either.)

I imagine the fraud people at AmEx are on top of this from their point of view. I also imagine they are communicating with LE, both local and US.

Seven years seems to be pretty standard, to have someone declared dead, with some exceptions, such as if a person went missing during a disaster, and other scenarios. Seems like he would have been much smarter, if this was his intent, to let/help her drown and bring her body back to shore...

Seven years seems to be pretty standard, to have someone declared dead, with some exceptions, such as if a person went missing during a disaster, and other scenarios. Seems like he would have been much smarter, if this was his intent, to let/help her drown and bring her body back to shore...

IDK, none of his past brushes with the law and fradulant lawsuit filings have convinced me this particular person is capable of being smart about things... :waitasec:

And if he brought her back to shore, perhaps he knew toxicology would nulify things definitely, and at the very least he'd have to make some half-hearted effort at CPR and THAT might actually work ... and a live Robyn isn't worth 1.5 to him....

Not married to the theory, just throwing spaghetti! :crazy:

The 7 year wait is something that he was trying to avoid by saying she drowned and drifted out to sea. He didn't anticipate a problem with this being considered an accidental death. A shark eating the body would not stall a payout normally. MOO.

The 7 year wait is something that he was trying to avoid by saying she drowned and drifted out to sea. He didn't anticipate a problem with this being considered an accidental death. A shark eating the body would not stall a payout normally. MOO.

Assuming there was some sort of proof of such an event...other witnesses, torn clothing, blood in the water...I don't think an insurance company would take your word for it, oh a shark ate her, okay here's your money, kind of thing...

Assuming there was some sort of proof of such an event...other witnesses, torn clothing, blood in the water...I don't think an insurance company would take your word for it, oh a shark ate her, okay here's your money, kind of thing...

My bolding

Especially coming from someone who wasn't a family member, they weren't even technically together as a permanent couple. Someone in the same situation might have taken out a normal insurance policy, but he opts for a much higher policy with a multi million dollar payout. I agree with what another poster said about AMEX being in contact with Aruban officials, but I'd bet even if they weren't that this would have red flag written all over it.

JMHO

Robyn would never, Gary would never...

Sometimes people do what they normally would never do just because they don't care at that moment, feel like doing something they would never do, just on that day do not care if they mess up their hairpieces, are fed up by their exes, their ex employers, their debts, their families etc, and think ****** that hairpiece/extensions, I am going to snorkel today even if I mess up my fake hair.
It does happen no matter if 400 people insist Gary aswell as Robyn would never get their hair wet.
Maybe they felt lost together, felt they were escaping their boring lives with their exes and lawsuits and wanted to do something to underline they were fed up, and instead of going skydiving or bungee jumping they decided to get their hair wet, maybe that was thrillseeking for them. It is not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand