ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area where Robyn was reported missing is more or less the Rodgers Beach area. Suppose they looked in a tourist book or website for snorkelling locations and came up with Rodgers Beach. Not knowing the Island, possibly they went to the more hazardous area without knowing better. Many women tie up their hair when swimming and also keep their head out of the water because of their hair and makeup. Perhaps Robyn went snorkelling with only putting her face in the water - not entirely getting her head wet. Since they had both been drinking and were possibly tired, it's not impossible that they made serious errors in judgement.

"Rodgers Beach – This beach has rough surf. It is located near Baby Beach and has many shaded areas and some shower and dressing facilities. It is located near the town of San Nicolas on the southeastern tip of the island. The shallow waters are protected by coral reefs. Aruba Snorkeling is very popular in these waters."

http://www.le-caribbean-islands.com/aruba-beaches.html

ColsonBeach.jpg

July 2011 - Robyn sends GG a text "Get me out of here." Per a report. Per report, there is a fight just prior to leaving for Aruba between GG and RF.

Sunday July 31st - On this day another tourist had talked to RG and said that it looked like RG and GG were NOT having a good time. - CJ
ABC News has seen receipts that revealed that the couple ordered four Bloody Marys at 9 a.m. at the Orlando Airport on their way to the island, and that the two bought a liter of Ciroq vodka after they checked into their room at the Marriott Hotel in Aruba. July 31st

Monday Aug 1st - GG and RG bought bottle of vodka this day, per reports.

Tuesday Aug 2nd - 2 a.m. Facebook comment left on RF's wall by Robyn: "This sucks."
Prime murder suspect Gary Giordano, who friends said she met on a swingers sex site, is thought to have threatened to kill her while grabbing her by the neck and shoving her into an elevator on August 2 (no time given) - the last day Miss Gardner, 35, was seen alive.
The videotape from the Marriott Resort in Aruba allegedly shows the two having a furious and violent fight on the day she went missing. A source close to the investigation told the National Enquirer: 'They were having a major fight. Robyn was waving her arms and shouting at Giordano. He was grabbing her arms and jerking her around and shouting back at her.
'Then Giordano apparently realised their argument was heating up in public where someone might overhear them. He violently grabbed the back of Robyn's neck with one hand and shoved her back into the elevator with the other hand.' The source said lip-readers believe Robyn was shouting at Mr Giordano: 'I'm out of here. I'm leaving. I'm not spending another minute with you,' while he yelled back: 'Get back here! I'll kill you!'

3 p.m. - Robyn sends RF a Facebook message not to worry, that she loves him and that they will talk and sort things out when she gets back.

Arrived at restaurant - ?? - after 3pm to 4pm IF seen leaving at 4:12pm. How long did they spend time at restaurant - unknown.

4:12 p.m. - Robyn is last seen (leaving restaurant). A man who works near Baby Beach reported seeing their vehicle park up by the rocks close to the water, wondered why they chose there to go snorkeling. A fisherman comes forward and says that GG and RG never went into the water. Gardner was last seen alive Aug. 2 at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of Aruba with Gary Giordano - approx\imaatly 4pm. Giordano, 50, and Gardner, 35, had traveled to Aruba together. He is being held in an Aruban jail but could be released today. Giordano claims that Gardner got swept out to sea when the two went snorkeling.
Edited to Add: apprx. 4:22pm: A fisherman reportedly saw Giordano and Gardner leaving a beach together, and said they did not get into the water.

Between 6 to 6:20pm August 2 - Three witnesses, two women and a man, told police that Giordano approached them on Aug. 2, saying, "Can you help me? We were snorkeling and my girlfriend is missing," she told police. One woman told police that while Giordano's sneakers were wet, his shorts were not.
6:02 p.m. Giordano reportedly is seen in surveillance video, tapping on closed shutters of the bar

6:20 p.m. GG reportedly headed to the back kitchen of the bar and told someone to call police. When Giordano reported Gardner missing, he seemed extremely drunk, a local fisherman, Sergio Silva, told ABC News, although Giordano told police that the ywo never purchased alcohol at the restaurant.

August 5th: A source told ABC News that when police spoke with Andrea Coulson, Gardner's mother, she told them Giordano had called her three days after her daughter went missing. Robin's mother arrives August 4th
Mug shot was after being arrested trying to get on a plane off the island. That was on Friday, August 5th.
Edited to add:Three days after the search for Gardner began, Giordano got within feet of leaving the country before he was stopped at Aruba's airport where he told U.S. Customs he had to change flights because of weather, and told officials that his travel companion was "taking another flight." He was trying to board a flight one hour earlier than his scheduled departure. When arrested, authorities say Giordano was drenched in sweat.

Will edit and add more when we get more info on dates and times!

:eek:fftopic: Did you hear that Van der Sloot was finally formally charged with the murder of that Peruvian woman?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...mans-slaying/2011/09/01/gIQASIHfuJ_story.html

While I don't doubt Joran may have been involved in many hinky things, I'm of the opinion that Natalee likely died in similar circumstances to the Peruvian woman and that his lawyer father was able to make things go away for him.

Yes Mag I did hear about the charge....I'm thrilled! His daddy will never be able to help him again as the lies he told for his son bringing about the injustice for Natalee caught up to him in the form of heart attack karma and somehow I don't think his dear son shed one tear for him either. You're probably right about what happened to Natalee, unsolved mysteries, they drive me crazy but I love them!

Perhaps the time is 3:50 on the day she disappeared (since she's wearing the same dress as in the last photos of her at the cafe)

colson-watch.gif

4 p.m. - Robyn is last seen. A man who works near Baby Beach reported seeing their vehicle park up by the rocks close to the water, wondered why they chose there to go snorkeling. A fisherman comes forward and says that GG and RG never went into the water. Gardner was last seen alive Aug. 2 at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of Aruba with Gary Giordano - approx\imaatly 4pm. Giordano, 50, and Gardner, 35, had traveled to Aruba together. He is being held in an Aruban jail but could be released today. Giordano claims that Gardner got swept out to sea when the two went snorkeling.

I think the time of leaving the cafe is 4:12, making it maybe 10 minutes later that they were seen on the beach by the fisherman (since the road they took is a bumpy dirt road).

"ABC News has obtained the last known pictures of Gardner, 35, to be taken before her disappearance at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of the island on the Aug. 2 evening that she vanished.

Gardner's cousin, Kelly Reed, said the family recognized the dress was Gardner was wearing in the photo. And Gardner's live-in boyfriend in Maryland, Richard Forester, told ABC News that it was Gardner in her favorite dress, "with 100 percent certainty."

The time stamp on the photo is 6:12 -- 4:12 p.m., less than two hours before Giordano returned to the restaurant to report that Gardner had disappeared."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836

While I had the larger resolution image up, I also zoomed in on the reflection of whoever was taking the picture, although it doesn't yield much info.

(Here is the link for the photo I'm using: http://radio.foxnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/GardnerAP.jpg)

attachment.php

Well I DO think it might yeild some info! :great:

The person looks to be wearing a light colored shirt--light end of blue, but who knows, considering it's a reflection in sunglasses. But. I'm pretty certain a black shirt would not suddenly look light in the reflection of sunglasses.

GG was wearing a black shirt at the restaurant the last day she was seen alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Gardner-Aruba-murder-suspect-speaks-out.html

So, IMO, I don't think this pic was from that day...

August 5th: A source told ABC News that when police spoke with Andrea Coulson, Gardner's mother, she told them Giordano had called her three days after her daughter went missing.
Mug shot was after being arrested trying to get on a plane off the island. That was on Friday, August 5th.

Robyn's mother arrived in Aruba on Aug 4, and GVG decided to leave the day after Robyn's mother arrived ... on the 5th. He was trying to board a flight one hour earlier than his scheduled departure.

Well I DO think it might yeild some info! :great:

The person looks to be wearing a light colored shirt--light end of blue, but who knows, considering it's a reflection in sunglasses. But. I'm pretty certain a black shirt would not suddenly look light in the reflection of sunglasses.

GG was wearing a black shirt at the restaurant the last day she was seen alive.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Gardner-Aruba-murder-suspect-speaks-out.html

So, IMO, I don't think this pic was from that day...

The last photos of Robyn were taken by a tourist that was interested in her tattoos.

The last photos of Robyn were taken by a tourist that was interested in her tattoos.

Correct. The ones as they were leaving the restaurant, right? They show 2 shots of GG wearing a black shirt and Robyn wearing the maxi-dress.

The close up pics at the table show (in the reflection of her glasses) that her companion is sitting across from her at her table, wearing a light colored t-shirt.

Unless this tourist asked GG to give up his seat so he could plop into a chair before he took this close up... which would be an odd thing to do, IMO. AFAIK, this table shot wasn't provided by that same tourist, was it? I thought it was only the 2 slightly fuzzy exterior shots.

And the police haven't released anything from GG's camera or Robyn's camera... :waitasec:

Correct. The ones as they were leaving the restaurant, right? They show 2 shots of GG wearing a black shirt and Robyn wearing the maxi-dress.

The close up pics at the table show (in the reflection of her glasses) that her companion is sitting across from her at her table, wearing a light colored t-shirt.

Unless this tourist asked GG to give up his seat so he could plop into a chair before he took this close up... which would be an odd thing to do, IMO. AFAIK, this table shot wasn't provided by that same tourist, was it? I thought it was only the 2 slightly fuzzy exterior shots.

And the police haven't released anything from GG's camera or Robyn's camera... :waitasec:

Looks to me like a dark shirt

Colsonglasses.jpg

Just to let you all know - I've been updated my "temporary timeline" post #306 - the edits are all in red. Once it gets to be a page or two back - I'll re-post the entire timeline again. Hopefully, we'll have more "times" corrected. I'll make that correction about her mom arriving on the 4th and not the 5th; by the way - I got that out of news article!! Can't trust those "sources" yet!! :banghead: LOL!

The tourist photos were released via ABC @ August 23rd.

This close up appears to have been provided by RF. Here is another photo that appears to be from the same day--note the 'courtesy of Richard Forrester' on the side. http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-18/...ities-travel-insurance-aruba-cops?_s=PM:WORLD

Also, this close up we're discussing appears in the news around the 17th, before ABC released the tourist photos. I've also found this second close up released as early as the 11th. I believe it's RF sitting across from her in the sunglasses and he's the guy who provided this picture to the media.

Looks to me like a dark shirt

Colsonglasses.jpg

The way I see it, you outlined the (stage) left arm, which is his right arm... then to the right and down is his shirt, and then I can make out his other arm on the right side, at the edge of the frame of her glasses.

And now that I compare the three photos, as much as that dress looks the same, I don't think it's the same dress.

Look at the straps on the two I believe RF took. They're skinny spaghetti straps that appear to X in the back.

Now look at the tourist photo. Two straight wider straps that go straight over the shoulders and down.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/08/11/missing-md-woman-had-loud-tattoos-but-mild-side/

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/robyn-gardner-pic/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Gary-Giordano-read-text-sent-boyfriend.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb