ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that there are discrepancies in the TimeLine I have posted - but I will leave it up for now, until we have correct information - okay, everyone?? :crazy:
I believe it was Otto that gave the "about 10 minutes" after they left the restaurant (4:13) until the fisherman saw them walking on the beach (the 4:23) time I gave.
As I said, I'm just going leave what we have for now...

This part:
4:13 p.m. - Robyn is last seen (leaving restaurant). A man who works near Baby Beach reported seeing their vehicle park up by the rocks close to the water, wondered why they chose there to go snorkeling. A fisherman comes forward and says that GG and RG never went into the water. Gardner was last seen alive Aug. 2 at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of Aruba with Gary Giordano - approximately 4pm. Giordano, 50, and Gardner, 35, had traveled to Aruba together. He is being held in an Arubian jail but could be released today. Giordano claims that Gardner got swept out to sea when the two went snorkeling

apprx. 4:22pm: Approximately 10 minutes after leaving restaurant a fisherman reportedly saw Giordano and Gardner leaving a beach together, and said they did not get into the water.

Giordano told authorities about the travel insurance, Stein said, and the FBI brought copies of the policy to Aruba this week. Investigators were still going through the documents, and Stein could not confirm the amount of the coverage or who the beneficiary was.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-17/...insurance-aruban-insurance-policy?_s=PM:WORLD

Gary Giordano, the Gaithersburg man appearing before a judge in Aruba Wednesday in connection with the disappearance of his traveling companion, stood to collect on her $1.5 million travel insurance policy, Aruban Solicitor General Taco Stein said.

In an email, Stein said Giordano “was the beneficiary in case of a mishap with” the companion, Robyn Gardner. “The amount was $1.5 million,” Stein wrote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...urance-policy/2011/08/31/gIQASpa2rJ_blog.html

Prosecutors have not disclosed any evidence against him but have said he gave inconsistent accounts about the 35-year-old woman's disappearance. They also confirmed he was the beneficiary of a $1.5 million accidental death insurance policy he took out on her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/feedarticle/9824660

Aruban Solicitor General Taco Stein also confirmed Wednesday that Giordano was the beneficiary of a $1.5 million accidental-death insurance policy that he took out on Gardner shortly before the couple arrived on the island on July 31.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...ders-continued-detention-md-man#ixzz1WuUGUnh4

As per my prior post #238--Looks like the new article out of Aruba confirms they have"'ZIP"---Oh, sorry, prosecutor can charge GG with "Drunkenness of Robyn Gardner" WTH is that about? How is that a crime????

Two things that (IF true) are the only thing I can see them holding GG on is
1) Insurance fraud--But what is taking the FBI so long in proving this?
2) IF-the statement about his response at the airport and the security footage is correct--that IS suspicious.

Other than those 2 things,can you think of anything that proves there was even a crime committed?

Could it really have been an accident? Robyn and GG were very drunk, apparently, add that to SNORKLELING? ( now that should be the crime). Who knows????
There is a "witness" (and I use that term loosely) that says (paraphrased)
"at 4:13 he saw them and wondered why they would go snorkeling at THAT beach" . So how did he know they were going snorkeling, must have seen gear of some kind to assume that, right?

We know how this can go (Casey Anthony)--He might be "a liar, a sleaze,an abuser, yada, yada, BUT that doesn't make him a murderer., right??:crazy:

OK--have at it--I am prepared for some very angry responses. LOL!
Remember this is MOO--

As per my prior post #238--Looks like the new article out of Aruba confirms they have"'ZIP"---Oh, sorry, prosecutor can charge GG with "Drunkenness of Robyn Gardner" WTH is that about? How is that a crime????

Two things that (IF true) are the only thing I can see them holding GG on is
1) Insurance fraud--But what is taking the FBI so long in proving this?
2) IF-the statement about his response at the airport and the security footage is correct--that IS suspicious.

Other than those 2 things,can you think of anything that proves there was even a crime committed?

Could it really have been an accident? Robyn and GG were very drunk, apparently, add that to SNORKLELING? ( now that should be the crime). Who knows????
There is a "witness" (and I use that term loosely) that says (paraphrased)
"at 4:13 he saw them and wondered why they would go snorkeling at THAT beach" . So how did he know they were going snorkeling, must have seen gear of some kind to assume that, right?

We know how this can go (Casey Anthony)--He might be "a liar, a sleaze,an abuser, yada, yada, BUT that doesn't make him a murderer., right??:crazy:

OK--have at it--I am prepared for some very angry responses. LOL!
Remember this is MOO--

Well let me say this, he's being held on suspicion of a crime. The 60 day hold is for more time to gather evidence. There is a missing person/body somewhere and it doesn't mean the sharks ate her.

I'm sure LE has more evidence than what we do so hold your breath a little longer, maybe a body will show up or maybe she'll show up.

Perhaps the time is 3:50 on the day she disappeared (since she's wearing the same dress as in the last photos of her at the cafe)

colson-watch.gif

In this picture - is this a picture from the tourist, or from a trip she made with RF, who supplied some pictures??? :crazy:
Just wanted to nail down the correct times in the TimeLine!

I think the time of leaving the cafe is 4:12, making it maybe 10 minutes later that they were seen on the beach by the fisherman (since the road they took is a bumpy dirt road).

"ABC News has obtained the last known pictures of Gardner, 35, to be taken before her disappearance at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill in the Baby Beach area of the island on the Aug. 2 evening that she vanished.

Gardner's cousin, Kelly Reed, said the family recognized the dress was Gardner was wearing in the photo. And Gardner's live-in boyfriend in Maryland, Richard Forester, told ABC News that it was Gardner in her favorite dress, "with 100 percent certainty."

The time stamp on the photo is 6:12 -- 4:12 p.m., less than two hours before Giordano returned to the restaurant to report that Gardner had disappeared."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/robyn-gardner-photo-vanished-aruba/story?id=14361836

Ok - I was correct it WAS otto that posted the times that I did the correction for leaving restaurant and fisherman seeing them...

Can you point to where TS says that ABC made it all up? Or is it just a guess that's what he meant?

Just to be clear, you're saying that TS says that there are no leaks, no one from Aruba told ABC anything, that they just made everything up?

What does this mean?
"I would have to go after the technical investigation team about that."

Spreading misinformation comes from many places, many people have their own hidden agendas.

JMHO

“Dat verhaal is door ABC Television de wereld in geholpen, maar daar hebben wij helemaal geen informatie over." I'm a little confused about the "technical team" remark as well. I suspect it is a flippant remark from Stein suggesting that the ABC technical team has to provide answers about the source.

Tuesday, August 2nd – no time given: Prime murder suspect Gary Giordano, who friends said she met on a swingers sex site, is thought to have threatened to kill her while grabbing her by the neck and shoving her into an elevator on August 2 - the last day Miss Gardner, 35, was seen alive. The videotape from the Marriott Resort in Aruba allegedly shows the two having a furious and violent fight on the day she went missing. A source close to the investigation told the National Enquirer: 'They were having a major fight. Robyn was waving her arms and shouting at Giordano. He was grabbing her arms and jerking her around and shouting back at her. 'Then Giordano apparently realized their argument was heating up in public where someone might overhear them. He violently grabbed the back of Robyn's neck with one hand and shoved her back into the elevator with the other hand.' The source said lip-readers believe Robyn was shouting at Mr. Giordano: 'I'm out of here. I'm leaving. I'm not spending another minute with you,' while he yelled back: 'Get back here! I'll kill you!'

Okay - just thinking out loud here -
What if THIS happened AFTER they left the restaurant... You know they wre going up to their room to change/or get their swim suits?? Would like to know if anyone has actually seen THESE tapes with a time stamp - probably not, eh?

Thanks. I emailed CNN with a link to the Dutch article in case they aren't aware of the statement by Stein that ABC is making stuff up and spreading it around the world, and gave them specific examples of it and the name of the common author of the articles. I also encouraged them to do a story on it and that CNN reporter Martin Savidge (who is in Aruba) is probably aware of it. Savidge has a good reputation and is an award winning journalist. He is probably shaking his head at how ABC has handled this story.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it!

In this picture - is this a picture from the tourist, or from a trip she made with RF, who supplied some pictures??? :crazy:
Just wanted to nail down the correct times in the TimeLine!

I don't know anymore. I thought it was from her Aruba trip, but someone else suggested it was taken by RF at a different time.

I don't know anymore. I thought it was from her Aruba trip, but someone else suggested it was taken by RF at a different time.

Right... somewhere in Cancun or something... :loser:

Okay - just thinking out loud here -
What if THIS happened AFTER they left the restaurant... You know they wre going up to their room to change/or get their swim suits?? Would like to know if anyone has actually seen THESE tapes with a time stamp - probably not, eh?

I don't think they had enough time to go from the cafe, to the SE tip near Baby Beach, back to the hotel and then back to the cafe where GVG claims that Robyn disappeared while snorkelling.

Narional Enquirer states it was 6:51 am Aug 2--( of course it wasn't MY NE, just borrowed it LOL) Sept 12 edition

“Dat verhaal is door ABC Television de wereld in geholpen, maar daar hebben wij helemaal geen informatie over." I'm a little confused about the "technical team" remark as well. I suspect it is a flippant remark from Stein suggesting that the ABC technical team has to provide answers about the source.

You conveniently left out a word which took it out of context.

It says "technical investigation team". Could very well be Aruba's investigation team.

Thank you for the quote. It doesn't state that TS is saying ABC was just making it all up, that there was no leak or source.

ok -here's a quote from you (otto) in Thread #1 post 608. Hoping the picture attached shows up! From the south tip of the island to the hotel marked - not enough time to drive? Is it a windy road - doesn't "look" that far away - considering they left at 4:13pm and he's not seen until 6:02pm.

otto said:
Here's a map showing the location of the hotel ... the red dot marks the spot

Attachments

• colsonhotel.jpg
    colsonhotel.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15
Narional Enquirer states it was 6:51 am Aug 2--( of course it wasn't MY NE, just borrowed it LOL) Sept 12 edition

Are you talking about the time at the elevator?? I'll be getting my NE in the mail on Monday! :fence: Guess I'll have to wait!

Yes Niner,

The security tape from the Lobby of the hotel, and their argument.

Oh and don't be fooled by "the tape footage" It's just a re-creation. Like it would fool anybody.LOL:seeya:

Google earth routes the distance from Baby Beach to the Marriot tennis courts in Oranjestad on Rt. 4 to be

30.6 km = 19.6353 mi.

About 31 mins.

Can anyone verify?

You guys are doing great work here. A few reminders:

• Please limit your posts to 10% of the source article.
  • Always include links.
  • Do not copy and paste comments and posts left on other message boards and social networking sites. Paraphrase the interesting points and include a link.
Thanks,

Bessie

Thanks. I emailed CNN with a link to the Dutch article in case they aren't aware of the statement by Stein that ABC is making stuff up and spreading it around the world, and gave them specific examples of it and the name of the common author of the articles. I also encouraged them to do a story on it and that CNN reporter Martin Savidge (who is in Aruba) is probably aware of it. Savidge has a good reputation and is an award winning journalist. He is probably shaking his head at how ABC has handled this story.

Given that that is a mighty accusation to make, isn't it wise, if we want to consider ourselves to be real sleuthers, to make sure that it is we who have all of our facts straight first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle