ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be mistaken, I need to take another listen, but wasn't it said in the ABC piece that these were things that were said to the investigators by her friends? I didn't get the impression that these were just the thoughts of the reporter.
ABC was wrong about the condom but who told them, it was their source that was wrong.

Earlier today, ABC News reported that Giordano and Gardner met online on the web site "Adult Friend Finder," which describes itself as "the world's largest sex and swinger personals community," Gardner's friend told Aruban investigators.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aruba-judge-orders-robyn-gardner-suspect-stay-jail/story?id=14418807

I don't know but it bothers me that ABC has had "sources" that come up with condoms and bloody rocks and such which appear to have just been b.s., and then here we go again with more disputed facts. Something ain't right.

J-A-G,

Yes they are know as a sleep aid....but can get you in lots of trouble if misused. I know I am old when I hear they are now "doing Ambien"----who knew??

It was one of my favorite drugs. The sleeping pill thing in the news is what kinda alerted me to the case, they said she was on a sleeping pill during the day..

If she was on Ambien, she was completely helpless. My heart aches for her

This stuff about them being involved in the "local swinger set" was posted before, it's old news. No one really has rebutted it, imo. The suggestion to go and review the divorce files doesn't seem to have led to any further illumination. Has anyone here done that?

Not that it really much matters at this point, at least to us. But I certainly count myself among those who would find out as much as possible about the parties involved, whether or not the facts are "ugly", in the interest of chasing down the truth. If that's not "victim friendly", then...well, "victim friendly" is not crime sleuthing.

IMO, they've got GG, hands down, at this point. He's gonna spend the rest of his life in The Big House.

If she was on Ambien, she was completely helpless. My heart aches for her

Really? I found it a rather weak and inconsequential drug. [shrug] I suppose drugs have different effects on different people...

Really? I found it a rather weak and inconsequential drug. [shrug] I suppose drugs have different effects on different people...

The amnesia effect is what I liked. Not going to sleep like it says to and you do all kinds of things but have no real memory of it.. everythings like a dream. Kinda like Twilight anesthesia, like when you get a tooth pulled, your'e awake but not awake, you remember but don't remember.. except on Ambien you can function.. people do crazy things when they are on ambien. drive and everything and have no memory of it.

The amnesia effect is what I liked. Not going to sleep like it says to and you do all kinds of things but have no real memory of it.. everythings like a dream. Kinda like Twilight anesthesia, like when you get a tooth pulled, your'e awake but not awake, you remember but don't remember.. except on Ambien you can function.. people do crazy things when they are on ambien. drive and everything

Interesting. If I had known that, I would have taken more advantage of it when my wife was taking them for several months.... (just kidding)

I have only taken it a few times, so I can't claim to be any kind of expert on the stuff. I'll take your word for it. I guess LE is saying she had a prescription for the stuff and had some with her. I'm guessing GG knew that much, at least, and his mention of "sleeping pills" at the bar that afternoon had some basis in fact.

I really want to know when the hotel fight was filmed. Obviously LE know that, but we don't. Key piece of information here...

Do you have a link to some evidence?

Do you have a photo of a ghost?

Seriously. No. I don't "have a link to some evidence". But I don't manage to conclude from that that no evidence exists. I'm not quite that confident that I know everything there is to know...

Do you have a photo of a ghost?

Seriously. No. I don't "have a link to some evidence". But I don't manage to conclude from that that no evidence exists. I'm not quite that confident that I know everything there is to know...

I think we misunderstood each other. I am stating that we have no evidence that RG was on AFF. Perhaps Taco does, but we don't.

I think we misunderstood each other. I am stating that we have no evidence that RG was on AFF. Perhaps Taco does, but we don't.

OK, fine. The truth is, "we" have no "evidence" of anything, really. Other than what the media tells us, and some miscellaneous first hand info on the island from a few people here. Sorry, I just happen to use the word "evidence" with some care.

What you said was, "there is no evidence" that RG was on AFF. I'm not at all sure of that. A number of people have said she was. I don't know different. Neither do you. The stories we have read say she either met GG on AFF or on match.com, one or the other. There is a difference, but it is one of degree, imo. And it matters little, if at all.

What we are reading tends to suggest she lived a bit on the edge, by most people's standards. Personally, I have "been there", and I don't find it all that remarkable or surprising. And frankly, it almost makes me feel for her all the more, since I feel like I "know" that life, know what takes one there, and am very sympathetic.

Not that any of this matters. What matters is, where is she?

You suggested earlier that maybe her body was on land. I'm beginning to think maybe you were right on that. But where? Why can't they find her? I know they know more than we do, and it's frustrating. I think it will come out, in the end....

OK, fine. The truth is, "we" have no "evidence" of anything, really. Other than what the media tells us, and some miscellaneous first hand info on the island from a few people here. Sorry, I just happen to use the word "evidence" with some care.

What you said was, "there is no evidence" that RG was on AFF. I'm not at all sure of that. A number of people have said she was. I don't know different. Neither do you. The stories we have read say she either met GG on AFF or on match.com, one or the other. There is a difference, but it is one of degree, imo. And it matters little, if at all.

What we are reading tends to suggest she lived a bit on the edge, by most people's standards. Personally, I have "been there", and I don't find it all that remarkable or surprising. And frankly, it almost makes me feel for her all the more, since I feel like I "know" that life, know what takes one there, and am very sympathetic.

Not that any of this matters. What matters is, where is she?

You suggested earlier that maybe her body was on land. I'm beginning to think maybe you were right on that. But where? Why can't they find her? I know they know more than we do, and it's frustrating. I think it will come out, in the end....

Here is my point. I can tell it is a sensitive issue to her friends that this allegation came out that RG was on AFF, so I am handling it with a microscope. Frankly they are right - it is reputationally damaging and a whole different type of site than match.com. On match.com, any single person should feel no shame in being on there. On AFF, that says one is promiscuous at best, a swinger. I know of ONE person who said they met on AFF, but he did NOT have direct evidence of it. He couldn't give me a link to her profile and I personally looked for her myself on there. Further questioning of him revealed he doesn't even know RG.

Combine that with a poor batting average by ABC on past reports in this case, and I feel it is not a piece of information that is supported by anything concrete.

Here is my point. I can tell it is a sensitive issue to her friends that this allegation came out that RG was on AFF, so I am handling it with a microscope. Frankly they are right - it is reputationally damaging and a whole different type of site than match.com. I know of ONE person who said they met on AFF, but he did NOT have direct evidence of it. He couldn't give me a link to her profile and I personally looked for her myself on there.

Combine that with a poor batting average by ABC on past reports in this case, and I feel it is not a piece of information that is supported by anything concrete.

OK. Fine. So there are people who don't want to think that's how they met, and the one person (the one you are aware of) who says they did is someone you think can be discredited.

That's called a "credibility" issue.

Somewhere, the actual facts can be ascertained.

It's unlikely a profile on such a site would be maintained indefinitely. It's also quite possible the profile might be under a pseudonym, or otherwise disguised, as was the MM profile.

All I'm really saying is, we should be careful in reaching conclusions that something, some bit of evidence, does or does not exist. We should be careful in drawing conclusions from things people say in interviews or in news articles. Evidence, which is what a court of law requires, is a far different animal.

The tape, that's evidence. Of what, remains to be seen.

OK. Fine. So there are people who don't want to think that's how they met, and the one person (the one you are aware of) who says they did is someone you think can be discredited.

That's called a "credibility" issue.

Somewhere, the actual facts can be ascertained.

It's unlikely a profile on such a site would be maintained indefinitely. It's also quite possible the profile might be under a pseudonym, or otherwise disguised, as was the MM profile.

All I'm really saying is, we should be careful in reaching conclusions that something, some bit of evidence, does or does not exist. We should be careful in drawing conclusions from things people say in interviews or in news articles. Evidence, which is what a court of law requires, is a far different animal.

The tape, that's evidence. Of what, remains to be seen.

We agree. The conclusion that RG was on AFF is one that should not be made, IMO.

Here it is, I took a screen shot of it at the time:

johnstoryonrobyn.jpg

I researched that JE. He was disbarred, so he is no angel.

The amnesia effect is what I liked. Not going to sleep like it says to and you do all kinds of things but have no real memory of it.. everythings like a dream. Kinda like Twilight anesthesia, like when you get a tooth pulled, your'e awake but not awake, you remember but don't remember.. except on Ambien you can function.. people do crazy things when they are on ambien. drive and everything and have no memory of it.

All I ever did on it was sleep. I might need another script as here is it almost 2am and I'm still up.

I researched that JE. He was disbarred, so he is no angel.

JE is a pseudonym on an anonymous account, but he's correct. Local rumors/stories are rampant. There is a definite connection with the involved parties and local 'key clubs' and exchanges, but I have nothing of solid evidence (yet) to validate it. RF may have been/is infatuated with RG beyond a degree of mutual agreement in that community, but she allowed him (among others) to feed and support her. I speculate, and I'll stop before I violate the rules. When everything is released, there are going to be some shocked people..... I have no doubt that GG has a lot more to say..... but I know that everyone else from RG to CJ (ad nauseum) has more to say as well..... and they don't want the full truth released. Embarrassing stuff, the skeletons in the closet...... Recall the public statement from CJ that GG and RG met on "Match.com"..... falsehood. Someone needs to do a local search within 25 miles of Frederick/Gaithersburg on adultfriendfinder, ashleymadison, DC area swinger sites, etc..... Both GG and RG are there. Just need to dig. Victimology. There's a deeper story here. The poor girl was caught in the middle of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha