ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the hearing, it was also disclosed that DNA test results on blood on a towel showed the blood belong to Robyn Gardner, according to Lejuez.

Giordano's attorney said this fact is consistent with his client's statement to police that Gardner cut her toe while coming out of the water while they were swimming. Police have denied reports that Gardner's blood was found on a rock at the beach where Giordano says they went swimming.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/28/justice/aruba-missing-woman/?hpt=ju_c2

We've never heard from the ex-husband of Robyn, in the news, on investigative programs, regarding the alimony payments, etc.

I did not realize she had been previously married. What about the alimony payments? jmo

We've never heard from the ex-husband of Robyn, in the news, on investigative programs, regarding the alimony payments, etc.

While this question might introduce a smidgeon of doubt, GG is still the person who was with her in Aruba and when she disappeared "snorkeling" by HIS own admission. So, at the very MOST, her ex might have had an 'understanding' with GG. GG would STILL be the perp. But I seriously doubt the ex had anything to do with it. My guess is he had moved on with his life and was glad of it.

I personally do not see why GG cannot come home. It's not like he will be unavilable.

I personally do not see why GG cannot come home. It's not like he will be unavilable.

The Aruban laws are different than ours
If the judge feels there is reason to keep him while the investigation moves forward, they can and will

Under Dutch law, which Aruba follows as a Dutch protectorate, authorities can detain individuals for up to 116 days without filing formal charges. A judge must review the case after the first 10 days, and then periodically after that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159999,00.htm

BBM

RICHARD FORESTER, ROBYN`S BOYFRIEND: Robyn was still alive, she would have turned up by now. She would have presented herself, and Gary wouldn`t be going through this.

MARTIN SAVIDGE, CNN CORRESPONDENT: I actually went snorkeling where Robyn Gardner disappeared.

FORESTER: I`d like them to get the information from Gary and say where she is and bring her home. He was the last one with her. I think that makes him a direct connection to the case. I think that he`s the key to it.

Honestly, my opinion, I don`t think she`s on the island. I think that they`re -- you know, they follow where the evidence leads them. And I don`t know what evidence they have, but I don`t think she`s on that island. I think she was taken off the island, and I think something that seriously needs to be considered at this point is human trafficking. I know she doesn`t really meet the criteria because of her age, but it goes on in that world.

I`ve spent countless hours and hours researching, talking to people, and I`ve found out a lot of incredible information that just blows me away. And I think that they need to look at that. I`ve brought that up to them, and it just gets debunked right away. I think, you know, the...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/28/ijvm.01.html

But as the case stands right now the disappearance of Robyn Gardner is a mystery - no sightings – no body and the very little if any evidence. The police have recently said they found some blood on a towel she used but when they questioned Gary Giordano about the blood, he had a solid reply – quote – ‘Robyn cut her foot on a rock and she wiped her foot on the towel’ To observers the Aruba Police will have to come up with something way more substantial for them to have a single chance of being able to legally charge Gary Giordano with any offence that will need to be backed up with DNA or similar evidence that will ensure they can verify and/or prove that he is culpable in some way into the mystery of the missing Robyn Gardner!

Latest official statement from the legal counsel for Gary Giordano – quote - "Our client is innocent and there has been a lot of investigation already," – more - "There is no evidence, and his life is being destroyed." - Attorney Chris Lejuez.

What have the Aruba Police got on Gary Giordano in the Robyn Gardner case – Zilch…

http://www.cityjournalistdirectory....ordano_in_the_robyn_gardner_case_zilch_17401/

Since the Aruban courts do not reveal what evidence they have, including defense counsel it is hard to tell what evidence they have.

My guess is if she were in the water expect some remains, her equipment, bathing suit to eventually come ashore which would normally happen if she were not that far from the beach. jmo

When Robyn Gardner was reported missing, Gary Giordano was apprehended nearly immediately as he was trying to flee Aruba after the Maryland woman mysteriously vanished. He's been in jail on the Caribbean island for three months now, and his story hasn't changed much, evidently. When the National Enquirer published a story last week about Robyn's final hours, they caused an immediate ripple of other stories written on the topic, quoting their article. The Aruban police have released a statement against these rumors:

"That is ludicrous," said Taco Stein on the latest media rumor.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980690908

Can a cadaver dog smell human decomposition, even if the body is buried and covered by the decomposition of a dead dog?

Scent dogs can ordinarily smell even the most microscopic fleck of dead skin tissue in the air. A well trained scent dog can even smell human decomposition in deep water. But what about if the human rot is being shielded by another dead animal, covered in dirt and then surrounded by dozens of decomposing animals? It just seems like the Aruban authorities have been too interested in quickly arresting and jailing a suspect, but not that devoted to actually finding the missing woman. Maybe it's just logical to turn all of the dirt in the dog graves and actually search for human body parts. Who cares if the dogs and cats have been unearthed, they can be burned. This is a missing persons investigation, and almost definitely a homicide investigation. Without a body how do these people even expect to keep Giordano behind bars? It just seems like the Aruban authorities are no better than the likes of the Mayberry PD

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980690908

snipped

Prosecutors have found out some new information from investigations performed with help from the FBI and a specialized crime unit in Curacao, Stein said.

Investigators decrypted Giordano’s iPad and computer, but have not yet had the time to go through the several gigabytes of information, Stein said.

They are waiting for information from his Blackberry and camera to be analyzed.

http://www.gazette.net/article/2011...in-in-jail-past-thanksgiving&template=gazette

I find it interesting that GG's Aruban attorney claims GG has been interviewed 12 times about his story and JB claims it was 16 times???

I find it interesting that GG's Aruban attorney claims GG has been interviewed 12 times about his story and JB claims it was 16 times???

I have always read sixteen times

I do not understand why it takes so long to get info back from the Blackberry and camera

And what about her phone/computer? Whatever she was using.

ARUBA
27. The Committee is concerned that pretrial detention, as acknowledged by the State party, is lengthy, averaging 116 days and lasting up to a maximum of 146 days, after which the examining magistrate may extend it for a further 30 days. (arts. 9 and 14)

http://sim.law.uu.nl/SIM/CaseLaw/un...bdfca6e36ff70955c125761f00379009?OpenDocument

I notice that "human trafficking" is mentioned here which seems to indicate it must be ongoing problem that has to be addressed and dealt with, at least to some extent, JMO.

I don't see how it would be possible to dig a grave that deep to put a body in. It's not like the Jersey shore where you have six foot deep sand. What sand deposits they have are sitting on rocky ledges of coral. You could go down a couple of feet but no where deep enough to hide a body. Plus the fact that there was a little over an hour and a half between the time the left the bar and he was seen on the video. Whatever he did, he did quickly because at that end of the island they are pretty much dirt roads and you are not going to be traveling at high speeds to get from the pet cemetary to the bar in 5 minutes. The dunes at the other end of the island have a lot of sand but it would take too much time to get there and get back. It just sounds like another rumor to me. jmo

I'm sure you're right and don't really think this story is true, just giving a possible scenario of how it could be true.

I notice that "human trafficking" is mentioned here which seems to indicate it must be ongoing problem that has to be addressed and dealt with, at least to some extent, JMO.

I would think that human trafficing is a possibility everywhere to some extent
I expect Aruba is no different.
Human trafficing can also mean smuggling people for reasons other than the sex trade, such as illegal jobs

News & Updates
US Ranked on Human Trafficking Report for First Time
June 15, 2010

The United States was ranked for the first time in the 10th annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report documenting human trafficking and modern slavery, released on Monday by the Department of State. The report found that in America men, women, and children were subject to trafficking for “forced labor, debt bondage, and forced prostitution.”

http://www.humantrafficking.org/updates/875

While this question might introduce a smidgeon of doubt, GG is still the person who was with her in Aruba and when she disappeared "snorkeling" by HIS own admission. So, at the very MOST, her ex might have had an 'understanding' with GG. GG would STILL be the perp. But I seriously doubt the ex had anything to do with it. My guess is he had moved on with his life and was glad of it.

And, still, the ex-husband would not be removed from the equation. Or do you disagree?

Why would gary Giordano leave a bloody towel on the beach for police or witnesses to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez