ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
48.Human trafficking has been reported in all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and in some U.S. territories.e
49.The FBI estimates that over 100,000 children and young women are trafficked in America today. They range in age from nine to 19, with the average being age 11. Many victims are not just runaways or abandoned, but are from “good” families who are coerced by cleaver traffickers.o

http://facts.randomhistory.com/human-trafficking-facts.html

How lucrative do you think that would be?
The more people involved, the smaller your piece of the pie

Are there other younger women missing from this site?
How did she get off of the Island? A boat? Whose boat?
Who helped him in Aruba? An american? An Aruban?

Human trafficking statistics are staggering, unbelievable really
There would be no need for GG to take RG on a trip to aruba to sell her
He could have easily done that from the comfort of his own home

Anything is possible and without facts, we don't know.
I am not saying it could not happen
I am saying I have seen nothing to back that up

Anything is possible, but to date, there is nothing to back it up
The only time an accomplice is mentioned, is in the NE article
Until I read more from better sources, I am not buying it
And so far, there has been no mention of a boat in the area at that time

The NE articles have suggested burial in a dog grave, being beaten in front of witnesses, tattooed man
LE has stated there are no such witnesses and the burial story is untrue
I don't recall what has been said about the tattooed man, to be honest

I can only wish I had the answers to any of these questions. I have gone over and over every scenario that I can imagine. This is only one of them that has ran through my mind. I don't know how lucrative a human trafficking ring can be, and I'm sure they use various ways of finding their victims.

I can also see it easier to commit a crime such as this in a remote area of a small island like Aruba, especially one so close to higher trafficking areas such as Venezuela. Criminals are just sneaky which is how they commit their crimes and get away with them.

While I also tend to lean towards the probability that Robyn is dead, whether it was totally planned out or whether GG just lost it in a jealous rage, it appears there is no absolute evidence of that at this point, no real crime scene that we know of, and no body.

I also don't necessarily buy into the sex trafficking scenario, but until more evidence emerges I can't completely discount it either. I think the majority of us agree that at least GG is involved in if not completely responsible for Robyn's disappearance. What did he do with her? That's something we all want to find out. Hopefully the LE has much more evidence than we know.

I am quoting myself...
I am confused
Is the above article referring to two boyfriends?

LOL---At first I thought the same thing. In reading it again it seems they consider GG her boyfriend, and list RF as the "another" boyfriend.

Not sure if this is from an accepted site
If not, my apologies, please delete

I think other articles have been allowed on WS from the National Enquirer. Seems to be OK?

However, I have found a strange sense of peace by ignoring any "story" that appears in that particular publication.:ignore:

All I know is "Robyn Gardner went to Aruba with Gary Giordano, and "Vanished"! Not a trace ---How does that happen. It's not like Aruba is the rainforest of Costa Rico. It's a TINY island!!! First it was Natalie Holloway and now Robyn Gardner, where have these women gone. I have to believe a "boat" is involved. Transport to deep water or another country. How else would one make a body disappear from an island?

RG did not just disappear while out shopping. She was with someone who reported she went missing in the water and expected her to be found dead from a drowning. It is easy for someone to disappear on the back side of the island in that water which has very strong currents. RG was worth more money to GG with her remains washing ashore than her just disappearing without a trace. He had a big payoff waiting once her body was found. He just could not get her into the water where he expected her to be found.

The whole island is surrounded by water so it is easy for someone to disappear and it is a wonder that more people do not go missing. We already know what happened to Natalie because Joran confessed while in Holland. jmo

RG did not just disappear while out shopping. She was with someone who reported she went missing in the water and expected her to be found dead from a drowning. It is easy for someone to disappear on the back side of the island in that water which has very strong currents. RG was worth more money to GG with her remains washing ashore than her just disappearing without a trace. He had a big payoff waiting once her body was found. He just could not get her into the water where he expected her to be found.

The whole island is surrounded by water so it is easy for someone to disappear and it is a wonder that more people do not go missing. We already know what happened to Natalie because Joran confessed while in Holland. jmo

We really do not know for a fact that GG wanted her body to be found. So I was just stating the obvious in saying "she vanished".
...:waitasec:.and as far a Joran is concerned, what version of the "truth" are you referring to, I think there were at least 3 versions? Yea, he's real reliable...just sayin!!

We really do not know for a fact that GG wanted her body to be found. So I was just stating the obvious in saying "she vanished".
...:waitasec:.and as far a Joran is concerned, what version of the "truth" are you referring to, I think there were at least 3 versions? Yea, he's real reliable...just sayin!!

I heard the version he had told in Holland about 6 days after NH went missing in Aruba while I was there from locals. I was told there were 3 boys and they panicked when they thought she had died. I do not believe Joran killed Natalie on purpose as he had done with Stephanine.

In order to get paid from the insurance policy she had to be dead. Many of those who drown in Aruba their body eventually washes ashore or is found. If he wanted an immediate payoff he had to have a body or have her declared dead. jmo

I heard the version he had told in Holland about 6 days after NH went missing in Aruba while I was there from locals. I was told there were 3 boys and they panicked when they thought she had died. I do not believe Joran killed Natalie on purpose as he had done with Stephanine.

Agree---I too believe her death was accidental -----how did they dispose of the body?

In order to get paid from the insurance policy she had to be dead. Many of those who drown in Aruba their body eventually washes ashore or is found. If he wanted an immediate payoff he had to have a body or have her declared dead. jmo

"If" he wanted an immediate payoff? We do not know for a fact the motive was "insurance fraud". So how would we know his intent regarding her body?
There again I just ask the question "how did HE dispose of the body"?

Now if you are saying both bodies were thrown off a cliff on the far side of the island, and they took the chance that they would wash ashore.....well that didn't happen. So it may be possible to throw bodies off cliffs on the far side of the island of Aruba and never have them found......or they had help from someone with a "boat"
Does that make sense?:waitasec:

Thank you for being a classy forum, one who takes this seriously. I come here and read often and you guys are fantastic. You are sticking to the facts as they are known. I just had to say that I appreciate what you do here.

Agree---I too believe her death was accidental -----how did they dispose of the body?

"If" he wanted an immediate payoff? We do not know for a fact the motive was "insurance fraud". So how would we know his intent regarding her body?
There again I just ask the question "how did HE dispose of the body"?

Now if you are saying both bodies were thrown off a cliff on the far side of the island, and they took the chance that they would wash ashore.....well that didn't happen. So it may be possible to throw bodies off cliffs on the far side of the island of Aruba and never have them found......or they had help from someone with a "boat"
Does that make sense?:waitasec:

The rumor is that NH body was taken out by boat. I know TES was searching the waters because the belief was that because a lobster trap went missing that very evening that her body may have been weighted down and dropped out pretty far. I doubt if they dropped NH off of one of the cliffs because her body could have washed ashore.

To our knowledge GG does not know anyone down there. Also the area GG was in....no boats can dock there. On the far side of the island the only boats you may see are pretty far out and they are large fishing boats. There is no way for them to come ashore on that side of the island. It is very, very rough. You would have to really go to Aruba to understand and you'd be saying, "I see, now it makes sense."

Someone who wants to collect on a policy when the person has only been missing two days sounds pretty suspicious to me, wouldn't you say? jmo

There is a period of time between being seen in the bar and being seen on camera at the bar.
If one believes he had time to drive to the end of the island and thow a body off, then, one could also believe he had time to drive somewhere to meet up with a boat.
I agree that it would be almost impossible to dock a boat where they were last seen, but we don't know where they went after that. There is no more proof of them going to the far side of the island than there is of them meeting a boat

Thats the problem, there is very little proof of anything, imo

Thank you for being a classy forum, one who takes this seriously. I come here and read often and you guys are fantastic. You are sticking to the facts as they are known. I just had to say that I appreciate what you do here.

I like all of WS forums but for some reason this one is my favorite. There's just something very fascinating about this case, and you're right, the posters here are awesome. A shame it has gotten a little cold, so not that much going on.

Where is ALE with this investigation?! It's :maddening: :seeya:

There is a period of time between being seen in the bar and being seen on camera at the bar.
If one believes he had time to drive to the end of the island and thow a body off, then, one could also believe he had time to drive somewhere to meet up with a boat.
I agree that it would be almost impossible to dock a boat where they were last seen, but we don't know where they went after that. There is no more proof of them going to the far side of the island than there is of them meeting a boat

Thats the problem, there is very little proof of anything, imo

BBM. Are you referring to when GG & Robyn were in the bar eating, and then later, after her disappearance, GG on camera tapping on the shutters?

If so, this is a good point. Then the last time the car was sighted was just after 4:00 pm, then GG on camera at the bar was just after 6:00 pm. That gives GG roughly 1.5 to 2 hours to go somewhere and return. So what happened during that time, again, it goes back to we really have no idea. :banghead:

BBM. Are you referring to when GG & Robyn were in the bar eating, and then later, after her disappearance, GG on camera tapping on the shutters?

If so, this is a good point. Then the last time the car was sighted was just after 4:00 pm, then GG on camera at the bar was just after 6:00 pm. That gives GG roughly 1.5 to 2 hours to go somewhere and return. What happened during that time, well, again, we really have no idea. :banghead:

Yes, that is the time frame i am referring to.
There has been NE rumors about the dog graves, but LE has said there were no witness statements about that.
So there is substantial time not accounted for unless you believe they were snorkelling

The rumor is that NH body was taken out by boat. I know TES was searching the waters because the belief was that because a lobster trap went missing that very evening that her body may have been weighted down and dropped out pretty far. I doubt if they dropped NH off of one of the cliffs because her body could have washed ashore.

EXACTLY.

To our knowledge GG does not know anyone down there. Also the area GG was in....no boats can dock there. On the far side of the island the only boats you may see are pretty far out and they are large fishing boats. There is no way for them to come ashore on that side of the island. It is very, very rough. You would have to really go to Aruba to understand and you'd be saying, "I see, now it makes sense."

Are we sure we know the EXACT side of the island they were on?
.....and:bow: you "know" Aruba, so what do you believe happened to RG for her body not to be found by now?

Also I realize by many of your comments that you "love" Aruba and it's people. "Crime" happens everywhere, that crime does not make the island any less beautiful, or it's people any less honorable.

Someone who wants to collect on a policy when the person has only been missing two days sounds pretty suspicious to me, wouldn't you say? jmo

YES. If that behavior could not be explained any other way. Now:escape:

Are we sure we know the EXACT side of the island they were on?
.....and you "know" Aruba, so what do you believe happened to RG for her body not to be found by now?

I know Lambchop will give you her answer when she comes in

We do not know anything for certain , other than they were together and now she has disappeared
After they left the beach/bar area, we do not know where they went.

Does anyone know if it might be possible for LE to have narrowed down the areas enough to search for and locate any tire tracks that matched the rental car? Does anyone know if the soil contents differ in various parts of the island, and maybe would have been deposited in tire treads. Just wondering if LE checked this out, or did too much time pass, and they did not even try? Just thinking, don't remember hearing anything about this. TIA

Does anyone know if it might be possible for LE to have narrowed down the areas enough to search for and locate any tire tracks that matched the rental car? Does anyone know if the soil contents differ in various parts of the island, and maybe would have been deposited in tire treads. Just wondering if LE checked this out, or did too much time pass, and they did not even try? Just thinking, don't remember hearing anything about this. TIA

I don't know if they could do that for several reasons

One reason being that it was considered and investigated as a drowning at first.

Then there are the roads, either paved or dirt.
The wind blows constantly, so things would get covered up quickly
August is a dry month in Aruba

And I don't know if there would be anything remarkable about the tires on a rental car
There are so many rental cars used on the island

As far as soil in the tires, the car was returned and cleaned before it was considered important

There is sand almost everywhere

JMO

I like all of WS forums but for some reason this one is my favorite. There's just something very fascinating about this case, and you're right, the posters here are awesome. A shame it has gotten a little cold, so not that much going on.

Where is ALE with this investigation?! It's :maddening: :seeya:

I'm thinking at the end of this month they will have to lay their cards all out. Whether they keep it private or not remains to be seen but they are going to have to produce something in order to keep him and go to trial.

There is also the grand jury investigation. Our news in MD said that they were convening and there has been absolutely no news since.

I truly have faith if Aruba can't do it he will face charges here at home. I don't think he was smart enough to delete everything from his home computers which the FBI now has custody of.

That's just my opinion ... I guess it is more of a hope. This guy is a bad man. They can't charge him here for something that happened in Aruba unless it is a computer crime related to his trip there. They can however charge him for any illegal activity on his computer. I will be surprised if there are no charges here.

I agree
By the end of the month, we will know more

I am glad you have joined us here, suniskye
As neesaki said, it is a fascinating mystery that has become cold

I do feel there will be answers eventually, maybe even some surprises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors