ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this already been posted? I don't remember seeing it so here it is. Interesting as it has to do with a model that was murdered who was on the Model Mayhem website that Robyn was on.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980385016

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980750358

At this point, I tend to believe that Aruba LE is trying very hard and are quite competent

-respectfully snipped by me-

What can they be trying at this point? It has been almost 4 months, Robyn has not been found. If she did not drown and if GG commited a crime they do not know what happened nor where it happened and GG does not talk.

That leaves whatever the FBI found on his computer. I seriously doubt that if GG planned such a crime he would leave traces of such on his computer, but if so, it has also been almost 4 months since the FBI confiscated his computer, it would be known by now I assume if anything of relevance regarding this case would have surfaced on the computer and GG being charged by now.

There are no more searches going on for quite a long time, the sniffer dogs did not gave any results, there are no witnesses of GG committing a crime, that leaves GG's troubled past with woman, the insurance policy and him not coming across as very alarmed when he went to look for help, plus the alleged dry swim short and wet shoes.

I do not doubt that ALE wants to try very hard to find answers, but what can they really do at this point, I would be curious to learn some examples of what they could do for the next 5 weeks. IMO

Just thought the comment by ken barlow following this article was interesting.

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=7843

No disrespect intended but as far as I am concerned, I've seen enough that has been written by Mr. Barlow and I don't care if I ever see his name in print again. You can't believe everything you read these days especially in regard to this particular case.

What can they be trying at this point? It has been almost 4 months, Robyn has not been found. If she did not drown and if GG commited a crime they do not know what happened nor where it happened and GG does not talk.

That leaves whatever the FBI found on his computer. I seriously doubt that if GG planned such a crime he would leave traces of such on his computer, but if so, it has also been almost 4 months since the FBI confiscated his computer, it would be known by now I assume if anything of relevance regarding this case would have surfaced on the computer and GG being charged by now.

There are no more searches going on for quite a long time, the sniffer dogs did not gave any results, there are no witnesses of GG committing a crime, that leaves GG's troubled past with woman, the insurance policy and him not coming across as very alarmed when he went to look for help, plus the alleged dry swim short and wet shoes.

I do not doubt that ALE wants to try very hard to find answers, but what can they really do at this point, I would be curious to learn some examples of what they could do for the next 5 weeks. IMO

The FBI and the grand jury findings have not been publicized. In my opinion, it was the results of the computer confiscation that prompted the grand jury convening. I could be wrong but that's what I think went down.

I asked myself the same question what can they come up with by the third week in December that they have not already learned unless the forensics has not come back yet. They did wait 2 MONTHS before they even sent it.

My opinion is that they do not have anything strong enough to hold up in court.
I agree, what will change in five weeks?
If they had sufficient evidence, they would charge him
I don"t think they have it.

The FBI and the grand jury findings have not been publicized. In my opinion, it was the results of the computer confiscation that prompted the grand jury convening. I could be wrong but that's what I think went down.

I asked myself the same question what can they come up with by the third week in December that they have not already learned unless the forensics has not come back yet. They did wait 2 MONTHS before they even sent it.

BBM

Probably correct but we don't know if anything they found is related to this case
The man has a history of breaking the law
They could have found something illegal but separate from Robyn Gardners disappearance

JMO

No disrespect intended but as far as I am concerned, I've seen enough that has been written by Mr. Barlow and I don't care if I ever see his name in print again. You can't believe everything you read these days especially in regard to this particular case.

I'm sure you are right, but this is the first I have seen of anything w/ Barlow's name. Didn't intend to lead anyone to believe that I "believe" anything, and I certainly don't believe everything I read. Just presenting to the forum, no offense intended.

My opinion is that they do not have anything strong enough to hold up in court.
I agree, what will change in five weeks?
If they had sufficient evidence, they would charge him
I don"t think they have it.

If I dare say, it's possible they have enough to charge him with something (insurance fraud, etc.) , but not enough to charge him with murder or manslaughter, and, perhaps, they were hoping to gain more information during this time period. :)

Thank you neesaki
I missed this
I wonder if anyone will comment further

Here ya go:

Originally posted by Suniskye: No disrespect intended but as far as I am concerned, I've seen enough that has been written by Mr. Barlow and I don't care if I ever see his name in print again. You can't believe everything you read these days especially in regard to this particular case.

Here ya go:

Originally posted by Suniskye: No disrespect intended but as far as I am concerned, I've seen enough that has been written by Mr. Barlow and I don't care if I ever see his name in print again. You can't believe everything you read these days especially in regard to this particular case.

I apologize. I will keep those kind of thoughts to myself in the future but there are legitimate reasons for my feelings and I am not a person who is quick to judge people I usually give the benefit of the doubt.

BBM

Probably correct but we don't know if anything they found is related to this case
The man has a history of breaking the law
They could have found something illegal but separate from Robyn Gardners disappearance

JMO

I agree with you. In fact, if Aruba doesn't have enough to keep him and the FBI found something on his computer chances are it will have nothing at all to do with Robyn's disappearance. He can't be charged in the US for something that occurred in Aruba unless there is something on his computer directly related to it. Internet law extends from country to country and if someone commits a crime in one country, he can be tried in both countries.

I agree with you. In fact, if Aruba doesn't have enough to keep him and the FBI found something on his computer chances are it will have nothing at all to do with Robyn's disappearance. He can't be charged in the US for something that occurred in Aruba unless there is something on his computer directly related to it. Internet law extends from country to country and if someone commits a crime in one country, he can be tried in both countries.

Actually, he can be, if they determined that it was a conspiracy that originated in the US.

However, if Aruba can't find enough evidence for a homicide then it is unlikely that the US jurisdiction would either (because they can't investigate or compell witnesses).

If he is charged in the US in the absence of a homicide finding in Aruba, then it would likely be for something unrelated or perhaps insurance fraud.

Insurance fraud would need to be proved though. That might be a problem in the absence of the primary witness (RG).

I apologize. I will keep those kind of thoughts to myself in the future but there are legitimate reasons for my feelings and I am not a person who is quick to judge people I usually give the benefit of the doubt.

:giggle: Oh my goodness, absolutely no need to apologize, especially if you have some knowledge of Barlow and his statement about the Jim Dillard person that the rest of us are not privy to. Which is one reason I posted that info., I would be interested to know if there is any legitimate link to this case, or if this man has just inserted himself into it for some other unknown reasons.

BTW, I went back and checked and a later post he made raised some red flags, JMO. :seeya:

:giggle: Oh my goodness, absolutely no need to apologize, especially if you have some knowledge of Barlow and his statement about the Jim Dillard person that the rest of us are not privy to. Which is one reason I posted that info., I would be interested to know if there is any legitimate link to this case, or if this man has just inserted himself into it for some other unknown reasons.

BTW, I went back and checked and a later post he made raised some red flags, JMO. :seeya:

If you would have seen what I have seen the red flag would have gone up immediately. However, I love this forum because they do not follow the nastiness that has occurred elsewhere. They do not deal in fabrications and only deal with facts and opinions. It's like a safe haven after having been subjected to alot of bad things that have been going on with this case. I never expected to see that man's name here lol it freaked me out. He scares the heck out of me and I don't even know him I have just read things he has written.

I'm of the opinion that the FBI is following things closely too. I would not be surprised to learn that they are and have been following all forums talking about this case and a heck of alot of FB pages. I hope they are making notes too because some of the nasty things I've seen have actually kept me up at night.

Did you ever have such a strong gut feeling about something that you just couldn't ignore it?

Did you ever have such a strong gut feeling about something that you just couldn't ignore it?

Absolutely. And I have learned not to ignore it, lest I regret it later.

If you would have seen what I have seen the red flag would have gone up immediately. However, I love this forum because they do not follow the nastiness that has occurred elsewhere. They do not deal in fabrications and only deal with facts and opinions. It's like a safe haven after having been subjected to alot of bad things that have been going on with this case. I never expected to see that man's name here lol it freaked me out. He scares the heck out of me and I don't even know him I have just read things he has written.

I'm of the opinion that the FBI is following things closely too. I would not be surprised to learn that they are and have been following all forums talking about this case and a heck of alot of FB pages. I hope they are making notes too because some of the nasty things I've seen have actually kept me up at night.

I will have to defer to you as far as the information you have on this Ken Barlow, as I know absolutely nothing about him. As far as FB, I checked out the Find Robyn Gardner page for a while until it seemed to become nothing more than a gossip column. But regarding this Barlow person, I have no reason at all to doubt your judgment or assessment of the situation concerning his involvement in this case. So, thank you for shedding some light on the situation.

I hope you're correct in that the FBI is following everything about this case . They may be the only hope that Robyn and her family has for justice if the Aruba LE don't have enough evidence to try him.

I will have to defer to you as far as the information you have on this Ken Barlow, as I know absolutely nothing about him. As far as FB, I checked out the Find Robyn Gardner page for a while until it seemed to become nothing more than a gossip column. But regarding this Barlow person, I have no reason at all to doubt your judgment or assessment of the situation concerning his involvement in this case. So, thank you for shedding some light on the situation.

I hope you're correct in that the FBI is following everything about this case . They may be the only hope that Robyn and her family has for justice if the Aruba LE don't have enough evidence to try him.

I don't have any information on this man. Nadda. I have a gut feeling. I have read what he's written on forums and on facebook pages and came to the conclusion that to stay as far away from this person as possible would be in my best interest.

I really hope that Aruba has its ducks in a row on this and can keep him there but I feel confident if they do not that he is going to be met at the gate by our own FBI but for unrelated computer crimes. I truly hope that Robyn's parents and brother can someday get some closure. It's very very sad. I agree that our FBI may be the only hope for that to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper