ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think GG wants human trafficing charges added to the list of crimes in Aruba. He is directly involved in her disappearance through his own admission as he was with her when she vanished. I'm not aware of any type of trafficing in Aruba as I have said before and setting something up in a vacumm without leaving a paper/electronic trail would be difficult. Sometimes things are as exactly as they appear.

Anyone who upon finding their traveling partner disappeared thinks to immediately call the insurance company without proof that this person actually drowned and continued to call them the following two days in what the insurance agent described as "sounding like he won the lottery" sounds way too hinky to me. Of course he may have known she was dead because he was there when she died. jmo

I'm thinking at the end of this month they will have to lay their cards all out. Whether they keep it private or not remains to be seen but they are going to have to produce something in order to keep him and go to trial.

There is also the grand jury investigation. Our news in MD said that they were convening and there has been absolutely no news since.

I truly have faith if Aruba can't do it he will face charges here at home. I don't think he was smart enough to delete everything from his home computers which the FBI now has custody of.

That's just my opinion ... I guess it is more of a hope. This guy is a bad man. They can't charge him here for something that happened in Aruba unless it is a computer crime related to his trip there. They can however charge him for any illegal activity on his computer. I will be surprised if there are no charges here.

I do remember about the grand jury convening, and then complete silence, though I suppose the silence is expected.

It's very good to hear from someone who is from that area, you give us an insider's view from Robyn's "stomping ground", so to speak. I of course don't know Robyn personally, yet I have this instinct that I know her more than I really do, and feel some kind of responsibility to see that justice is done. I can't even begin to explain it.

I agree, GG is definitely a bad man. I feel, and hope, you are right about him being charged with something, even if not in Aruba, then in the states.

Thanks for your input, and don't be a stranger. :)

I don't think GG wants human trafficing charges added to the list of crimes in Aruba. He is directly involved in her disappearance through his own admission as he was with her when she vanished. I'm not aware of any type of trafficing in Aruba as I have said before and setting something up in a vacumm without leaving a paper/electronic trail would be difficult. Sometimes things are as exactly as they appear.

Anyone who upon finding their traveling partner disappeared thinks to immediately call the insurance company without proof that this person actually drowned and continued to call them the following two days in what the insurance agent described as "sounding like he won the lottery" sounds way too hinky to me. Of course he may have known she was dead because he was there when she died. jmo

My thoughts as well.
If it were about human trafficking, he would have laid the ground work before leaving the US. If that were the case, there would be a trail. As his computer and home was searched early on by FBI, LE and FBI would already have had this information. Not a word of anything like that has leaked to MSM

We don't know if anything of value was found on the phone, computer taken from him.
But if there was a contact with someone LE should know
They certainly are keeping everything quiet, no leaks at all

About the travel insurance
I have not read Amex's policies

My own travel insurance, which by the way , has death benefits, states very clearly that before anything is done, treatment, death ( as in remains brought home)etc, they must be informed.
The policy will cover nothing after the fact

American Express offers travel insurance so if he used his AmEx card to book his trip getting a 1.5 million policy would be easy. I mentioned AmEx because it seems to me that it was mentioned early on that he had called 4 times about getting paid and the AmEx agent thought GG sounded like he won the lottery. I could be wrong but I thought they said AmEx. I get my travel insurance through the airlines but I do know that AmEx offers travel insurance as well. jmo

"Sounding like he won the lottery" is media hype in my opinion. Just like them saying Robyn looked carefree and happy on vacation. That's not what I saw in most of those pictures. I do not blame law enforcement for trying to keep what they do have private. The media has a tendency to distort the truth. Then you have people who believe everything they read.

I do remember about the grand jury convening, and then complete silence, though I suppose the silence is expected.

It's very good to hear from someone who is from that area, you give us an insider's view from Robyn's "stomping ground", so to speak. I of course don't know Robyn personally, yet I have this instinct that I know her more than I really do, and feel some kind of responsibility to see that justice is done. I can't even begin to explain it.

I agree, GG is definitely a bad man. I feel, and hope, you are right about him being charged with something, even if not in Aruba, then in the states.

Thanks for your input, and don't be a stranger. :)

I live near where Robyn lived but I do not know personally anyone involved. I like to think I'm a little bit intuitive and I too feel like I knew her when in reality I didn't. It's funny but I feel exactly like you do. I feel that it needs to be resolved and I also feel a responsibility here. Strange how some news stories affect us personally. This case has weighed heavily on my mind and I cannot tell you why because I don't know why. : ) I guess somethings hit close to home and this has done that for me because I think about my own daughter.

The news in MD seems to have forgotten her. That irritates me because so far the only news that seems to present the facts as they are and not all of the lies and hype is the hometown news channels.

I've been waiting to hear about the grand jury since I learned about it. They do not convene grand juries without cause and since we have not heard anything I'm thinking they found something or else they would have announced that the grand jury didn't find any reason for charges. I could be wrong, just my thoughts.

American Express offers travel insurance so if he used his AmEx card to book his trip getting a 1.5 million policy would be easy. I mentioned AmEx because it seems to me that it was mentioned early on that he had called 4 times about getting paid and the AmEx agent thought GG sounded like he won the lottery. I could be wrong but I thought they said AmEx. I get my travel insurance through the airlines but I do know that AmEx offers travel insurance as well. jmo

They did say American Express. He may have used that to charge the tickets. I also remember reading that unless a body is found a person has to wait I think 7 years to collect. No matter what happens with this, I don't think he's going to be collecting on this insurance policy anytime soon.

Yes, it was an Amex policy
I wasn't disputing that
I just mentioned that I, personally have not read Amex policy on line

"Sounding like he won the lottery" is media hype in my opinion. Just like them saying Robyn looked carefree and happy on vacation. That's not what I saw in most of those pictures. I do not blame law enforcement for trying to keep what they do have private. The media has a tendency to distort the truth. Then you have people who believe everything they read.

I have often wondered about that statement to
It makes for interesting reading and is perhaps someones perception
Its like the "she must be dead by now" comment
I really don't find that suspicious

As far as the photos go.. I saw nothing in any of the vacation photos that made me think she was unhappy while on vacation

To me, she looked like a woman who was partying, maybe overindulging
They both looked under the influence

JMO

(snip)

In order to get paid from the insurance policy she had to be dead. Many of those who drown in Aruba their body eventually washes ashore or is found. If he wanted an immediate payoff he had to have a body or have her declared dead. jmo

bbm

I agree... However, he may not have realized this.

bbm

I agree... However, he may not have realized this.

True, but when you are trying to commit the perfect crime, the devil is in the details. Drowning victums more often than not wash ashore. He either expected that to happen or he expected LE to buy his story and declare her dead. jmo

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Days-of-Detention-for-Giordano-134157708.html

Aruban Prosecutors Want 30 More Days of Detention for Giordano
Murder or manslaughter charge possible in December

Looks like they are going to just ask for another 30 days. I thought that this next court visit they would have to either charge him or let him go. Obviously, I was wrong. Funny how they can say that they will possibly charge him with manslaughter or murder the third week in December. If they know that already, why can't they just do it now?

They are asking for thirty more days now?
I thought this thirty day extension didn't end til Nov 30th

They can hold him 8 days, then 60 days and two extensions of 30 days each

I think the possibility of charges has been there all along
I expect after Dec, it would be very difficult to keep him locked up so their choices are to charge him or let him go

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Days-of-Detention-for-Giordano-134157708.html

Aruban Prosecutors Want 30 More Days of Detention for Giordano

Looks like they are going to just ask for another 30 days. I thought that this next court visit they would have to either charge him or let him go. Obviously, I was wrong. Funny how they can say that they will possibly charge him with manslaughter or murder the third week in December. If they know that already, why can't they just do it now?

That they're asking for 30 more days seems to be a good sign, IMO. Don't know how it could be a bad one.? :)

Auban Prosecutors Want 30 More Days of Detention for Giordano

At this point, I tend to believe that Aruba LE is trying very hard and are quite competent, contrary to what some may think as a result of the Natalee Holloway case. The main difference being, imo, is that at that time there was a "judge in training" that had substantial status in the community, and was involved and trying to cover up for his own son. It's unfortunate, but that kind of thing happens everywhere, even where I live. Believe me, there are stories....

I hope and pray that Aruba LE has good evidence against this psycho, GG. And, hopefully they are also playing it smart, possibly in conjunction with the FBI. In the end, I think they're just being thorough in "crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's". This report is hopefully a good sign, MOO.

At this point, I tend to believe that Aruba LE is trying very hard and are quite competent, contrary to what some may think as a result of the Natalee Holloway case. The main difference being, imo, is that at that time there was a "judge in training" that had substantial status in the community, and was involved and trying to cover up for his own son. It's unfortunate, but that kind of thing happens everywhere, even where I live. Believe me, there are stories....

I hope and pray that Aruba LE has good evidence against this psycho, GG. And, hopefully they are also playing it smart, possibly in conjunction with the FBI. In the end, I think they're just being thorough in "crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's". This report is hopefully a good sign, MOO.

I couldn't agree more. They are keeping what they have close to themselves ... there is no trial by media (with regard to GG) going on in this case like back then with Natalee because the media knows about as much as we do, not much and alot of what they are reporting are untruths with regard to this case for that reason. As much as I'd like to know what they have found, I applaud them for at least keeping that private so that they can build a case that will STICK.

You are right, the situation was much different back with Natalee. What happened to her family is inexcusable. I don't see Aruba wanting a repeat performance of that.

I do feel they are working with the FBI despite that not being said. If the FBI found anything at all relating to this trip to Aruba on GG's computer you can bet they have provided that information to Aruba.

It does seem that Aruban LE is being very cautious
Its amazing that nothing has leaked to MSM
I am uncertain about this last extention
Have the prosecutors already gone before a judge to ask for this?
And does it start at the end of the present one and go to the end of Dec?

I couldn't agree more. They are keeping what they have close to themselves ... there is no trial by media (with regard to GG) going on in this case like back then with Natalee because the media knows about as much as we do, not much and alot of what they are reporting are untruths with regard to this case for that reason. As much as I'd like to know what they have found, I applaud them for at least keeping that private so that they can build a case that will STICK.

You are right, the situation was much different back with Natalee. What happened to her family is inexcusable. I don't see Aruba wanting a repeat performance of that.

I do feel they are working with the FBI despite that not being said. If the FBI found anything at all relating to this trip to Aruba on GG's computer you can bet they have provided that information to Aruba.

BBM

It was stated early on that Aruba was working with the FBI
The FBI were looking at his home computer etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads