Ashley Madison cheating website hacked, July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
huh? the hackers aren't the cheaters (well, maybe some of them - who knows) - the hackers are basically a group of social justice warriors - the issue was made public by one of the members who was not necessarily one of the hackers

clear as mud I know

What doesn't make sense to me is that it seems some of the people that used this service are now going to out everyone who did..Wouldn't that include themselves? IDK I think they are bluffing cause it would be damaging to them also JMO.
Wish I knew how to hack I could think of a lot of things that need it.

whatever the reason was - it's gross ... IMO

Funny to see all the "I don't care about cheaters" posts. The truth is, just because they signed up doesn't mean they cheated. Maybe they did. Maybe they thought about it. Maybe they just wanted to see what the site was like. MAYBE they were looking to see if their spouse was on there. I think, like someone above said, it's kinda funny until the unintended consequences start leaking out, divorces, assaults and murders, etc., but the reality is that the company has an obligation to keep personal data private, and to delete said info when requested, and especially when PAID to do so. That being said, I think the real culprits here are the hackers that leaked the info. There are far more deserving targets out there. We here on WS see them all the time. I suspect it was more a case of opportunity and later justification than a targeted attack.

no I really don't give a !@#$ and wouldn't bother to read the list but yeah, it's funny as heck when karma catches up with the cheaters of the world

their spouses DO deserve to know and it IS their business - they will get over the embarrassment of it since it's their spouse who did wrong, not them

I don't see why some people see this as entertainment. I guess you have to know whether or not your co-workers, friends, or family members are cheaters/being cheated on? That's really none of your business.

So maybe a man would pretend to be a woman & hook up with a man? I don't understand the point, unless they were scamming them out of money.

Well if the hackers are releasing name expect 95% of them will be fake females accounts. And then the men who are trying to hook up with them.

So maybe a man would pretend to be a woman & hook up with a man? I don't understand the point, unless they were scamming them out of money.

The women on the profiles are not ALL real. Here is how it works as I have been told. You sign up, get a profile and then wait. Then oh look, you got mail. Someone likes your face and what too hook up, but first to get that email or pm, you have to give a Credit card and then you can hook up. But if you dont' get many hits, you can pay and then they will sort of help you advertise and then you get more hits to your page. You can become a member for money or money can help you get more hits to your page, but they admit that some of the women are not real parties, they are photos to enhance the site's profile. You just have to read the fine print.

I don't see why some people see this as entertainment. I guess you have to know whether or not your co-workers, friends, or family members are cheaters/being cheated on? That's really none of your business.
Yes it is entertaining to watch this unfold, people who signed up on this website wanted to be entertained and what not [emoji6]. So turn about when they maybe exposed. Those of us who don't cheat, lie, use family money chasing strangers can be entertained by their possible discomfort. Fools trusting a website whose mantra is cheat and lie. Ha! Jmo

ciao

About 10 years ago, our local LE did a random prostitution sting. They did it in one of our beautiful riverside parks that was becoming increasingly used for "hook ups" and becoming less family oriented.....more what the city desired. Anyway, they busted about 20 or 30 men and posted their names in the newspaper. One of them was the husband of a coworker of mine. While it was embarrassing, hurtful, and shameful, in the end, she was so glad to know the truth, and wished her husband had just had the b***s to just tell her and end the relationship. Instead, she spent months getting tested for various STDs. She's actually better off now.... and that park is pretty nice and clean, too. ;)

Around here the majority of AM users that are real are in fact sex workers. At least the female users.

It's also worth noting that the owners of AM also own plenty of fish and many other "legitimate" dating sites. Generally speaking you will be directed/given an account at the one that suits you. So many people will accidentally have accounts at both.

The consequences of this far outweigh any karma imo. And are very dangerous.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

It's all fun and games until your spouse shows up on the list. [emoji51][emoji15]

the sex workers are pretending to be married & looking to cheat? and do the 'clients' know that their 'affair' is really a sex worker? so they're essentially playing a sex game and paying a prostitute? what's the point of signing up to the website then? they might as well just go out & hire a prostitute to play the 'game' or actually have a 'real affair'

I don't get it.

I don't believe that anyone 'accidentally' has an acc't (they agreed somehow, they clicked somewhere) but even if that were true, it doesn't apply in this case because it's Match Group (match.com, okcupid, tinder) that bought POF

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/07/14/plentyoffish-reeled-in-by_n_7793124.html

Around here the majority of AM users that are real are in fact sex workers. At least the female users.

It's also worth noting that the owners of AM also own plenty of fish and many other "legitimate" dating sites. Generally speaking you will be directed/given an account at the one that suits you. So many people will accidentally have accounts at both.

The consequences of this far outweigh any karma imo. And are very dangerous.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Just had to bring this back up with the new dump. Still feel the same ...too bad so sad and honestly the spouses deserve to know they've been cheated on. STD's from a cheating spouse can be life threatening... SO no sympathy for the cheaters.

Even though I still think leaking the accounts was completely deplorable, it's interesting to note that Josh Duggar had an account...

I'm surprised that was under wraps until after the leak, you'd think anyone coming across his profile that was aware of who he was would want to tell some news agency. Afterall, wasn't he the head of "The Family Counsel" or something similar?

I see Gawker as a whistleblower doing us a public service, and I for one am happy that both Josh Duggar and Sam Rader were exposed as hypocrites!!! Shining light on the cockroaches!
I'd never heard of Ashley Madison before yesterday, I would've said who is she?

Muahaha, I am glad they were exposed.

I had an account there at some point, very short lived. It was a very very gross site, and it was depressing me more than anything. The email that I used does show up on the search, so that verifies. I used the email I sign up for junk with, it baffles me people used their work emails, or even the main personal email. Just wow.

Funny to see all the "I don't care about cheaters" posts. The truth is, just because they signed up doesn't mean they cheated. Maybe they did. Maybe they thought about it. Maybe they just wanted to see what the site was like. MAYBE they were looking to see if their spouse was on there. I think, like someone above said, it's kinda funny until the unintended consequences start leaking out, divorces, assaults and murders, etc., but the reality is that the company has an obligation to keep personal data private, and to delete said info when requested, and especially when PAID to do so. That being said, I think the real culprits here are the hackers that leaked the info. There are far more deserving targets out there. We here on WS see them all the time. I suspect it was more a case of opportunity and later justification than a targeted attack.

Like I said, I did. And I also told my spouse the day I did. Cheating is inexcusable, and I believe the hackers did us all - as a society - a good.

Has anyone searched for an email address? Just wondering...one site said an email would be sent to th one being checked. So they would know someone looked it up. Kind of want to check my soon-to-be ex. But then, kind of don't want.

Has anyone searched for an email address? Just wondering...one site said an email would be sent to th one being checked. So they would know someone looked it up. Kind of want to check my soon-to-be ex. But then, kind of don't want.

I checked an email and never got any email back on that account. Just sayin..and there are several places/sites to check. Good luck

I'm surprised more *celebrities* have not been outed.

What goes on in my marriage is no one's business but mine and my spouse's. I'm completely unconcerned with what anyone else presumes they know about our situation; this includes hackers or people gossiping on the internet. I'm sure there are very few people who would want their online activities put online for all to see.

So many married folk pose on regular dating websites as "single" as to make one's head spin. At least the ones on AM weren't lying on that matter. Whatever else you think you know about these people is an assumption on your part.

</soapbox>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back