Asia Argento, a MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardenista

Reaction score
More at the link

The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.

But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.

Asia Argento, a #MeToo Leader, Made a Deal With Her Own Accuser

Last edited:
Asia Argento‏Verified account @AsiaArgento
@JimmyBennett findings... <3

BF_LQKmCAAAnpvP.jpg

4:11 PM - 22 Mar 2013

ASIA ARGENTOSheriff Does About-face ...ASIA ARGENTO NOW INVESTIGATED FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT

The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. has done an about-face and now says it will investigate allegations by a man that he was sexually assaulted by Asia Argento when he was 17 years old.

Several Sheriff's officials told TMZ Monday morning the department would ONLY investigate if the alleged victim -- now 22-year-old Jimmy Bennett -- came forward and filed a complaint. One official now tells us the media attention on the case has made them do an about-face.
Asia Argento is Now the Subject of L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. Sexual Assault Probe

Ive always liked her and for now giving her the Benefit of doubt. we shall see.

Ive always liked her and for now giving her the Benefit of doubt. we shall see.
I think the casting couch/sexploitation has been a big part of entertainment culture for decades, it's only now beginning to be recognized as bullying/rape. So I don't particularly fault her for taking part in it back then, but it seems hypocritical of her to play the victim side only, and fail to see that men can be victims as well.

I'd like to see everyone get past this blame stuff and just smarten up, but I guess to change the culture some people have to be punished.

I think she's despicable; she's now blaming a dead man for paying off this kid. She's sick...

She's a pedophile, what do you expect? Then again for all we know, Bourdain had his own
skeletons in the closet.

Part of this is the attitude that boys want sex and thus cannot be raped. It's disgusting and she needs to be registered as a sex offender and cool her heels in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801
Back