AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, many people arent interested in news. Most people I spoke to dont really care. Being interstate would Angel in a case be ignored if not seen less interstate on news footage?
Interesting the bodies weren't left together. Some of us check the news each morning, some prefer other options I guess.

There is no denying she is blonde. So is mum by the looks. I guessed Russian, but looks like Polish heritage as someone suggested?

One of Milats mates?
http://www.news.com.au/national/the-day-i-met-serial-killer-ivan-milat/story-fncynjr2-1226684817076

I rarely watch the news. I constantly watch Investigation Discovery. I get my news from twitter or on here.

Thanks Karo. This is absolutely amazing! Great work by the investigator's in linking little Angel to her poor mother found in the Belanglo State Forest years ago. One of our members (DutchTreat?) suggested that this was indeed the case. I am absolutely gobsmacked!

Hi Makara, yes I did seriously consider that a real possibility. But I also mentioned the disappearance of Melissa Brown/Trussell http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/missing-persons/profiles/profiles/b/r/brown melissa - sa several times.
And I'm still convinced there might be a connection to her disappearance as well. Not to pad myself on the back (I'm not like that), but because I'm really concerned that this (both Angels) case might very well be much bigger.

To me it seems as if there is someone (or more people) out there that are luring young vulnerable girls (single mothers) and forcing them into prostitution or something similar.
When you look at mother Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ough-in-wynarka-suitcase-murder-investigation
she seriously looks like she is in a really really bad situation (prostitution, DV?).

I have to catch up doing some reading here, but I'll get back to what's still lingering in a corner of my mind.

I agree that this could possibly be the tip of the iceberg. If the killer was unknown to them I think it is inevitable that there are more victims.

Tbh I am leaning away from DV at this stage. Keeping an open mind though.

Wow! Just caught up with the news and read through this thread. Someone else posted the other day that they thought police may have been on to something when it was so quiet which I had thought too but I wasn't expecting this! So very sad but good news that both mum and daughter have been identified and can be buried together properly. Now the hunt is on!! Still so puzzling about suitcase man and the bodies being found so far and so many years apart. Be interesting to see how this develops.

Well done everyone who linked the 2 cases!!

I really want to know who it was that kept reassuring Grandma that Khandalyce and her mommy 'were fine.'

Maybe another young girl in the same desperate situation as her (forced prostitution or alike), being forced to make that call. Or maybe who killed her send her mother a text message. I really hope they can figure that one out. Cause that would probably almost solve this case.

Makes me wonder if the mother withdrew the missing person report because someone of the public reassured her. Or someone within law enforcement (or some other authority) did that.

So the mystery now is this...

Mother and daughter were killed sometime in 2009 (probably) as the shopping centre photo was taken in Nov 2008.
Mother's body discovered in Belangalo Forest NSW in 2010.
Based on the age of the bones, her daughter died around the same time.

So why was the suitcase of the child's clothing kept?
Why was the child's body left to decompose at some other location (as police have previously stated) then the bones placed in the suitcase sometime later?
Why was the suitcase dumped 6 years later?

It seems to me that the killer would not have wanted the clothes and the bones together and could have easily dumped them separately so they would never be found.
Why keep the suitcase and the bones so long?
And then, why dump them?

I was wondering about the same thing.
What if little Angel was killed in/around Wynarka. Quickly stored or burried somewhere, while her mother was drugged.

How long would it take someone to drive non-stop to the Belanglo State Forest.
Cause that would be a likely scenario to me. If your pulled over, your 'girlfriend' is passed out but not dead. And her murdered child isn't in the car.
Can anyone help me out here.

How long is the drive? And are there any border checks? Toll points or places where you would be in the picture between Wynarka en the Belanglo forest?

Whoever did this (theoretically), would have been back a few days later and could have told others that he took mother and child to her family across the state, or that they split up and mother and child had left.

maybe they werent killed together, if they had been hitch hiking. the killer may have driven them to the forest and killed karlie and taken little khandalyce to be killed later, their luggage would have been in his car?

I don't think Karlie was killed first. For sure she wouldn't have been hitch hiking to the Belanglo Forest. And she had been at places between Alice Springs and Wynarka between 2006-2008.
Why would she go all the way to where her body was found?

And if she was killed in the Belanglo Forest and little Khandalyce was still alive or dead, I don't think the killer would have taken the risk of transporting a (dead) child back to the Wynarka region.

"Karlie’s mother reported her missing in September, 2009, but withdrew the report six days later after Karlie made contact with the family that she was ok and did not want to associate with them."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ones-in-belanglo/story-e6frg6n6-1227576865065

So she was still definitely alive in Sept 2009. Assuming Th Australian has that detail correct.

I don't think that text was from Karlie. I don't believe she would cut off contact. She probably relied upon her mum for some help here and there. JMO

There was a relationship violence murder of a woman living a transient lifestyle by her boyfriend who was also living a transient lifestyle earlier this year in Adelaide... apparently he had anger issues and could be quite unpleasant when angry. I don't feel there's enough at this stage for a positive link to the two Angels, but let's just say if there was a link I wouldn't be overly surprised. He's the perfect age range to have been possibly attractive to Karlie, he obviously had some sort of superficial attractiveness and ability to pickup women if he managed to pick up one relatively normal girlfriend while living on the streets (I mean seriously, the woman he murdered wasn't a model but she was only recently homeless and attractive enough you'd sort of expect she'd be able to find a guy with a job and a home) and the murder he committed also involved major physical trauma to the victim.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-...carpark-murder-await-forensic-reports/6705824

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...398879202?sv=3e1658794796f4727d05c075836a309d

He would have been 23 in 2008. I wonder if this is the sort of killer who would drive all the way to Belanglo State Forest. My gut says no :D But I understand your thinking.

Does anyone remember by the way if the black tutu was sold in the Marion shopping centre?

There was also an unconfirmed sighting in the ACT, a few hours from Belanglo State Forest, in December, 2008.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ones-in-belanglo/story-e6frg6n6-1227576865065

Can someone tell me what ACT means :waitasec:

ACT= Australian Capital Territory

Important question. Who takes a photo of two random people in a shopping centre, then keeps the photo for 7 years?

Edit. Never mind. The Australian article claims it was a friend. Still, Karlie's doesn't look impressed.

There is no denying she is blonde. So is mum by the looks. I guessed Russian, but looks like Polish heritage as someone suggested?

Polish is certainly possible. My heritage is Polish. Karlie's facial features sort of remind me of one of my cousins. And just about every little Polish girl I know looks just like Khandalyce at the age of about 2. (Including old photos of me!) Blonde hair, round face.

Wow, I haven't been following many UID cases recently so I just caught this news while browsing reddit. Fascinating developments, I'm so pleased this little girl now has a name.

A former family friend said Karlie struggled after having Khandalyce.
“After the baby things went downhill. Unfortunately things happen with families,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ones-in-belanglo/story-fns0kb1g-1227577020800

I wonder if there is a reason this person chose to be identified as a 'former' friend. Was there a falling out? Did the falling out also involve family? Could it be a factor in the murders? I have no doubt that police are persuing this line.

DETECTIVES have more than one suspect in the murders of single mum Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson and her *little daughter Khandalyce, whose bodies were found five years and 1200km apart.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ones-in-belanglo/story-fns0kb1g-1227577020800

I think it's just a matter of time before this case is solved. And I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it will be bigger than 'just' these two angels. And I also think it will involve Wynarka as well.

On Breakfast with David & Will...

Detective Superintendent Des Bray says:

"We are certain that the discovery of her body [Karlie] has nothing to do with previous crimes associated with the region. And it's reasonable to think that perhaps this person has put it there to throw us off the track."

https://www.facebook.com/1395FIVEaa...06167794632/10153345020634633/?type=3&theater

David & Will ‏@FIVEaaBreakfast 12m12 minutes ago

Detective Supt. Des Bray in studio with David and Will talking the Wynarka breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en